Options

[E3] 2014 - Games games and more games!

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    generally disappointed by the sony conference, was hoping they'd have some more exclusive stuff that wasn't cover shooters or pc indies. ah well.

i give today a 3.5/5 for both conferences, sony's was better, but microsoft gave me the nurburgring so i think they balance out.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Presentation wise MS blew them out of the water, Sony only had one good talker and no one gives a shit about multimedia in the presser anymore, do that separately.

Games wise Sony blew MS out of the water.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    GT is streaming: http://www.spike.com/netstorage/e3/live.html

EDIT: Used to.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Presentation wise MS blew them out of the water, Sony only had one good talker and no one gives a shit about multimedia in the presser anymore, do that separately.

Are you joking? MS was robotic as shit.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Yeah.. so. I got a 360 around the time Reach came out, but barely played anything on it. I never got a PS3, which I regretted because it had exclusives I wanted like MGS4. But I haven't really been a console gamer for a while.

I. So. Fucking. Want. A. PS4. Right. Now.
    No PaRappa really brought me down

He was there! He was on the wall behind Tim Shaefer when he was announcing Grim Fandago... so again, Sony Be Trollin.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Thank got there was no Battle Royale 2.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    uncharted.png

"For we receive the due rewards of our deeds"

I.E. What happens to thieves.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »

Are you joking? MS was robotic as shit.

MS did have Phantom Dust, which I can't wait for.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    I don't think I've been more impressed with a game than I have with Arkham Knight.

I just hope that some of that was real.

Jeff Gerstmann said it was in line with what he played, just running at a much better framerate than when he played it

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    So adjusting my scores now that we've seen almost all the conferences.

EA still sets the bar with a big fat F. Less pre-rendered or concept-art and more actual gameplay you fucks.
    Ubisoft I'll give a C-. Games and meh shtick.
    Microsoft gets a C. They were robotic but at least they had games.
    Sony gets a B+. They lost some momentum there when talking about the PSN, it was very hit or miss at that point. But then they had like the best everything.

I'm willing to bet Konami will land a C and Nintendo a B-.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    All I want from Nintendo is a new metroid

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options

EA still sets the bar with a big fat F. Less pre-rendered or concept-art and more actual gameplay you fucks.
    Sony gets a B+. They lost some momentum there when talking about the PSN, it was very hit or miss at that point. But then they had like the best everything.

I'll give Konami an A if they announce a new Lost in Blue for either 3DS or Wii U.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular

Konami? You mean all two of their games? (MGSV & Beatmania IIDX 22)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I am pretty happy with E3 so far. EA gets an F and a "More revision needed" comment.

Ubisoft gets a C, because at least they were quirky.
    Microsoft gets a very solid B+, Sunset Overdrive looked fantastic and Crackdown 3 is exactly what the doctor needed.
    Sony gets an A, having delivered again on what they absolutely needed to do and pretty well.

Overall this E3 has been less disappointing than the other E3s I've watched (outside of the Amazing Sony conference last year, which is just one of those moments that will go down in E3 history).

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I wish Konami wasn't at 6am EST. I'm still excited to see what they show there though, and Nintendo later on of course.

Was very pleased with Sony's conference though.

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    GTA V PC that's about all I really needed, thanks industry, I'm pretty good for this year.

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    All I want from Nintendo is a new metroid

I am really lowering my expectations. Smash trailer will be great and Zelda might be exciting instead of "Wooo Motion Controls and a new vehicle/mode of locomotion" but I try not to speculate on top of that. Starfox/Metroid/F-Zero might get 3DS games (well, one or two of them) before the next handheld is announced, but that's it.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Not related directly to E3, but when did Jeff Gerstmann start growing a beard? I'll admit I stopped checking in on Giant Bomb around a year ago when I moved out of my old apartment.. then what happened with Ryan Davis.. erm...

Anyways, it is a good looking beard, but seems to be in homage.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    EmbassyEmbassy Captain CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    BINGO :-D

h5xioapn63m8.jpg

I thought I would have to wait for at least the Nintendo show to actually get a bingo. But DAMN.

To be fair I cheated a little. It was a Ratchet & Clank movie trailer (or I guess the mention of the Halo show). And TBH I forgot Jack Tretton wasn't going to be there but the numbers talk still showed up. Halo 5 seems like the main character is "YOU!" so yes, it can be a girl or black guy :) And some of the things that happened at the Sony conference I thought would happen at the MS one, and vice versa.

Embassy on
    Add me on Wii U! NNID: DJEmbassy
    Add me on 3DS! 3351-4071-0684
  • Options
    Shouldn't "X gets a title" for Bloodborne?

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    So, LBP 3 is still a side-scroller, but that's not a bad thing. Looks like they're at least playing with depth a little more. I'm pretty psyched that it exists!

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular

X is Monolithsofts WiiU game.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

No, X(eno) is Monolith - won't be coming until Nintendo's presentation if at all.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
  • Options
    edited June 2014

I was thinking specifically of Monolithsoft's "X", the Xenowhatever game on Wii U.
    EDIT: WHOA Beaten to the punch :P Looks like EVERYONE wants to see more of that game

Embassy on
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    All I want from Nintendo is a new Metroid Star Fox.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    DaringDirk wrote: »

probably pc as well, neither console manufacturer has made much effort in restricting indies from pc.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Cute, Giant Bomb guys.

"So, unannounced AAA first party game that they want you to see, Jeff, because you are a judge. What would it be?"

"Little Big Planet 3..."

"Oooohhh...."

Note, this came about 10 minutes after they all talked about how they were bored/done/tired of LBP.

• Options
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    All I want from Nintendo is a new Metroid Star Fox normal console.

Well as long as we're doing this.

• Options
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    All I want from Nintendo is a new Metroid Star Fox Geist.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    I'm probably most surprised that we didn't get some kind of teaser for Fallout 4 at either conference. Even just a ruined cityscape with a guy saying "War. War never changes." or something.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    I don't weigh in on who "wins" because of reasons, but I must say overall this was a pretty great E3 so far. Lots of games, not a lot of gimmicks or hour long talks about sales. Definitely a couple surprises in there.

And I have never wanted Batman: Arkham Knight more than ever.

I hope Nintendo brings their A game because as much faith as I have in their product, they really need to step it up.

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    No Man's Sky wins the entire day, as far as I'm concerned. Maybe even all of E3.

It's been a long time since I trusted a game to be this awesome before its release. Please don't hurt me!

• Options
    Entwined is decent.

And now bed.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Yeah No Man's Sky looks like a showstopper, at the very least helmed by a dude who's clearly being led by a genuine passion for Golden Age sci-fi roots
    Or who is an incredible actor

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Yeah No Man's Sky looks like a showstopper, at the very least helmed by a dude who's clearly being led by a genuine passion for Golden Age sci-fi roots
    Or who is an incredible actor

If that guy was acting I'll eat my hat. He was so cuuuuute and nervous.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    MS' presser went "GAMES GAMES GAMES GAMES GAMES" which is what a presser should do

Sony's presser took a chunk out of the middle to be boring and blow, but they just had way better games and in greater quantity

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Couldn't watch anything today because of work. For someone that couldn't care less about COD, MGS, Halo, Forza, AC, or zombie games (just saw the trailer for Bloodborne... pass), is there anything interesting?

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    Couldn't watch anything today because of work. For someone that couldn't care less about COD, MGS, Halo, Forza, AC, or zombie games (just saw the trailer for Bloodborne... pass), is there anything interesting?

How about Grim Fandango remastered or some amazing gameplay footage of No Man's Sky, or possibly the sweetest Batman game ever made?

joshofalltrades on
This discussion has been closed.