Options

[Let's Play] Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I can get the game to start if i run the updater, I guess it believes that I own the actual game if I can run the updater, but then Carth is all "turn on your stealth" and the game locks up and freezes my entire computer.

which is weird, cause I installed the game and got far enough in the game to get to that point in the game.
    I fear I cannot help you. I know absolutely zilch about technical stuff.

But I wonder where exactly the game freezes up. I don't think I've ever encountered any part where Carth tells me to go stealth.

it's less than half an hour into the game, on the Endar Spire. I dont understand, cause I used to run the game on my XP desktop, which had DTools as well as like, DVD Decrypter (for personal backups!) and it ran fine. Ran slow, cause the comp was a POS, but ran fine. And now, this keeps crapping out on me. I dont think it's cause of Vista.

Hey, I had this "Emulation" problem with some legit games... It was a windows bug.
    FightTest wrote: »
    It's a conflict with the MS KB917422 patch.

Installing http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924867 will fix it. Did for me anyway.

um, I'm running Vista, so which one do I choose?

and you sure this is gonna help?

Dude, I gave you a starting point. Now it's your turn to do the follow up research and find out if there is something similar.

Ok, I didn't realize you were running vista, sorry. But hey, this kind of trouble-shooting is how you actually learn to fix stuff. You probably should run a search on the MS Knowledge base with the exact error message you're getting.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I can get the game to start if i run the updater, I guess it believes that I own the actual game if I can run the updater, but then Carth is all "turn on your stealth" and the game locks up and freezes my entire computer.

which is weird, cause I installed the game and got far enough in the game to get to that point in the game.
    I fear I cannot help you. I know absolutely zilch about technical stuff.

But I wonder where exactly the game freezes up. I don't think I've ever encountered any part where Carth tells me to go stealth.

it's less than half an hour into the game, on the Endar Spire. I dont understand, cause I used to run the game on my XP desktop, which had DTools as well as like, DVD Decrypter (for personal backups!) and it ran fine. Ran slow, cause the comp was a POS, but ran fine. And now, this keeps crapping out on me. I dont think it's cause of Vista.

Hey, I had this "Emulation" problem with some legit games... It was a windows bug.
    FightTest wrote: »
    It's a conflict with the MS KB917422 patch.

Installing http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924867 will fix it. Did for me anyway.

um, I'm running Vista, so which one do I choose?

and you sure this is gonna help?

Dude, I gave you a starting point. Now it's your turn to do the follow up research and find out if there is something similar.

Ok, I didn't realize you were running vista, sorry. But hey, this kind of trouble-shooting is how you actually learn to fix stuff. You probably should run a search on the MS Knowledge base with the exact error message you're getting.

it's not an error message. it says "Disk Emulation" conflict, or something, and it gives me a URL.

i go there, and it's the SecuRom website, and it essentially says "You're running a pirated version. Stop running this game with a disk imaging tool" when that just isnt true.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I already played through this game once this year.

What the hell are you people trying to do to me?

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    deowolf wrote: »

Well, I'm just trying to get people talking about the game. And also discovering the joy of writing with pictures.

If you feel the urge to play the game again, well, that's entirely your business, isn't it? :P

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

Well, I'm just trying to get people talking about the game. And also discovering the joy of writing with pictures.

If you feel the urge to play the game again, well, that's entirely your business, isn't it? :P

Might as well walk into an AA meeting with a keg. Man's will is only so strong.

You'll be getting a very angry letter from my wife's lawyer. Prepare to be deposed!

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Might as well walk into an AA meeting with a keg. Man's will is only so strong.
    Well, at least this won't destroy your liver.

Just your eyes.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    darksteel wrote: »
    I think the Yuuzhan Vong reference that xraydog is talking about is when Canderous relates one of his Mandalorian war stories to you. He mentions that he tried to do examine an asteroid more closely because it had some unknown metal or something, and it suddenly attacks him, and it just blows through their armor. Then it ran, and they tracked its hyperspace wake to the edge of the galaxy. Sounds very much like one of those Vong ships that looked like an asteroid, and the whole travelling to edge of the galaxy thing just makes it more obvious.

I always assumed that as well.

Mild Confusion on
    steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    xraydogxraydog Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Oh so that reference was in the first one.

xraydog on
  • Options
    Fatty McBeardoFatty McBeardo Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    moar? this is good stuff.

Fatty McBeardo on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Taris

Stealing the Ebon Hawk

After our last meeting in the cantina, where I handed over some Sith security codes, Canderous has taken me to the estate of Davik Kang, member of the crime syndicate the Exchange. When we arrive at the estate we are greeted with curiosity.

181vq3.jpg
    182oe5.jpg
    183bg4.jpg

Davik quickly puts an end to the bickering between Canderous and Calo and asks what's going on. Canderous introduces me as the big swoop race winner and mentions that I want to start working for the Exchange. Davik is suitably impressed and fortunately open to the idea.

184ib3.jpg

No doubt many have killed for this 'honour'.

No matter, Davik decides to show off for a bit and show me his estate.

185qn4.jpg

Nice ship. Looks vaguely familiar somehow, though.

Davik brags a bit more about all the security systems he's got in place to protect 'his baby' and laments how the Sith blockade is giving him trouble and how he's working on acquiring launch codes. The Ebon Hawk is fast, but not fast enough to outrun the Sith's automated cannons, apparently.

The tour eventually ends in the guest wing.

186gj6.jpg

Davik warns me that if I venture outside the guest wing or if I bother Davik's other guests, I will be shot at. How nice to see that hospitality is still alive and well.

In any case, Davik and Calo leave to do... whatever.

187bv8.jpg

Meet Canderous Ordo. You probably know who he is by now.

Bastila, Canderous and myself have no intention of staying quietly in our room. We've got a ship to steal, after all. First, let's go pay a visit to those slave quarters Davik mentioned.

188no4.jpg

Twi'leks. Gosh, I'm so surprised.

The slaves are happy to offer me a massage, but I'm more interested in info. They're reluctant to open up, but the promise that I'll tell Davik how pleased I was with their services does the trick.

189ef0.jpg

Hudrow, it seems, is Davik's pilot. He had a habit of stealing spice from his employer, but that habit was always overlooked because he really is a good pilot. However, now that the Ebon Hawk is grounded, Davik isn't so lenient any more and has Hudrow locked up in the torture chamber.

Interesting.

I go explore the guest wing for a bit, barging happily into other people's rooms.

190bt0.jpg

My presence is never appreciated, but I'm still very good at talking.

191en4.jpg

And the really good news is that, after I convinced them I'm really going to leave them alone, I can walk into their rooms and pinch their stuff without them pulling a blaster on me. Yeah, I know, I'm here to steal a spaceship so why should I bother with the small stuff, but I'm convinced every little bit helps. We're saving the Republic here after all.

In any case, my little group ventures out of the guest wing. There are a few wandering guards, but they don't put up much of a fight. One of them does have a pass card that allows me free access to some of Davik's security systems.

195to7.jpg

It's not long before I find the torture chamber the slaves mentioned.

192su1.jpg

The droids are quickly destroyed and the torture cage is quickly deactivated.

193sc4.jpg
    194tb6.jpg

I'm not sure if it's because he's grateful to me or if he wants to get back at Davik. He tells me I could sell the ship for a good price or ransom it back to Davik. It's a nice thought, but I don't plan on giving up the Ebon Hawk for mere cash. Once I've stolen it, of course.

Speaking of stealing the Ebon Hawk, now that I've disabled the security and got the codes, it's time I actually went and stole it. I make my way to the hangar, but it is then that the trouble really starts.

196oo1.jpg
    197or5.jpg

A fight breaks out. It's pretty tough and the Sith bombardment isn't making it any easier. However, with some concentrated fire, Davik eventually falls.

Calo isn't very happy about it.

198hy6.jpg

Talk about a sore loser.

He never gets to make good on his threat, though. Part of the hangar collapses as a result of the bombardment and guess who it lands on.

199ft2.jpg

Goodbye, Calo.

200dd5.jpg

Ah, there she is - the Ebon Hawk. My pride and joy.

No time to stand around, though. With Taris getting obliterated all around us, the ship takes off in a hurry. Fortunately, the Sith fleet is much too busy bombarding the planet to really notice one small spaceship taking off.

202qg7.jpg
    203qb6.jpg
    204ci0.jpg

I guess someone did notice us.

205tc0.jpg

Six Sith fighters are in pursuit and I have to kill 'em all. The Ebon Hawk's gun turret is rather sluggish, but very powerful. One hit is all it takes to destroy a fighter. Before too long the threat is gone and our new spaceship is free to make the jump into hyperspace.

206em4.jpg
    207zb4.jpg
    208oy4.jpg
    209ag2.jpg

And so we arrive on the peaceful, green planet of Dantooine.
    OK, so, like I said before, I'm going to stay on the Light Side. However, I'm willing to let the majority decide on what kind of Jedi I'm about to become. The lightsaber-focused Guardian, the very definite 'master of none' Sentinel or the Force Power-throwing Consular?
    By the way, in case there are no replies, I'll go with Consular.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I don't mind which path you take, but let me express again my admiration and goodwill for your Let's Play. :P

Well done, good sir.

devoir on
  • Options
    darksteeldarksteel Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I vote Sentinel because it might be interesting to see a non-combat oriented class, seeing as I've never tried one.

darksteel on
    shikisig6-1.jpg
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Hurrah for a female character!

Phew, this takes the load off me...my screenshots folder was growing way too large >_>

Excellent stuff so far!

Janson on
  • Options
    Fatty McBeardoFatty McBeardo Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I vote Consular.

If this is a consular ship then WHERE IS THE AMBASSADOR?! :x

Fatty McBeardo on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I vote Sentinel because it might be interesting to see a non-combat oriented class, seeing as I've never tried one.

Which, I think, is exactly why the Sentinel isn't seen as one of the top-tier classes in this game. :P

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    LizardLizard Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I vote you do the lesbo subplot with Juhani.

Lizard on
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Lizard wrote: »
    I vote you do the lesbo subplot with Juhani.

But it's broken and doesn't conflict at all with Carth's romance.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Vote Guardian!

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Another vote for becoming a lightsabering badass.
    Guardian.
    Unless you decide to switch to darkside even though you've already stated your intention to go light, then you should be the force slinging variety of badass.

see317 on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Pancake wrote: »
    But it's broken and doesn't conflict at all with Carth's romance.

Not even Carth would be able to whine about "My girlfriend is into alien chicks".

Lizard on
  • Options
    LookFreeGrenadeLookFreeGrenade Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Guardian!

"an item five feet away you say? I'll just use my incredible powers to jump over there! with the force!"

LookFreeGrenade on
    ormskm.jpg20i89qa.jpg73f2j6.jpg
  • Options
    DartboyDartboy Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    My last KOTOR 2 playthough my character was Gun Jesus, a super light side Consular who dual wielded blasters and used his powers for healing and bullet time.

Dartboy on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    So... 1 for Sentinel, 1 for Consular, 3 for Guardian and 1 for Lesbian.

I'll leave it for a couple more hours, but somehow I think the decision's already been made. :P

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

I'll leave it for a couple more hours, but somehow I think the decision's already been made. :P

Sentinel and Lesbian. Heck If memory serves you can do the Carth one and the lesbian one at the same time.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Sentinel and Lesbian. Heck If memory serves you can do the Carth one and the lesbian one at the same time.

You can never "do" Juhani.

Most of her romance was cut out of the game. It only goes as far as her admitting she has feelings for you. BioWare had wanted this to be a lesbian romance, but LucasArts decided that an overt homosexual relationship didn't fit in the Star Wars universe and made BioWare cut it from the game.

This is why it doesn't conflict with Carth's romance. It's incomplete and broken and buggy and only there as much as it could be made to be.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    UltimaGeckoUltimaGecko Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Also, for whoever is trying to get KotOR to work on a laptop: generally unless it's a very upscale laptop, apparently the KotOR engine is horrible and sucks completely with laptop graphics cards of most varieties. There's also apparently no workaround, and you're just stuck with a game that runs at 1 fram per hour permanently. The Dantooine fix is relatively easy to get with google searches.

This hindered me playing it on my laptop while in Europe, which was unfortunate (instead of enslaving the galaxy I had to drink German beer and meet people...).

And the final bit of information: KotOR2 works far better on my 360, but I've never tried the original disc in the 360 (...worked fine in the original).

UltimaGecko on
    The facehuggers want to play with you in the AvP LP. Facehuggers also want you to check out the TF2 cards here. View the in-progress RE mansion recreation for L4D here.
    Bitstream wrote: »
    People respect a man who might do science at any moment.
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    hmm, so there are problems with running it on a laptop, eh?

maybe that's my problem. but i doubt it.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited September 2007
    Also, I present a brand new poorly photoshopped image:

carthpod.jpg
    (especially poor, since all the photoshopping involves is text)

UltimaGecko on
    The facehuggers want to play with you in the AvP LP. Facehuggers also want you to check out the TF2 cards here. View the in-progress RE mansion recreation for L4D here.
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Amusing, but, you know, I just don't understand the rampant Carth-hate.

Carth may 'whine', as some people claim, but at least he's pretty justified in feeling the way he does. Unlike a certain walking Plot Coupon.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I think a lot of guys just get rubbed the wrong way by him. He's purposefully designed by Bioware to be appealing to the ladies, so it might be the instinctive competitive nature of the male psyche. I personally found him to be annoying, but not outrightly so as in I didn't feel like it was on purpose, just he wasn't someone I'd hang around with.

devoir on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    devoir wrote: »
    He's purposefully designed by Bioware to be appealing to the ladies, so it might be the instinctive competitive nature of the male psyche.
    I totally didn't understand the second half of that sentence even though I recognise every word in it.

Anyways, I've decided to go with Guardian. I'm trying to put together the next bit, but Fraps is giving me some trouble and I'm not getting all the screenshots I want. So it may be a while until the next instalment shows up.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I went and dug out my KOTOR CD.

hk4728ih.jpg
    Dream team.

hk472gg.jpg
    OH NO HE DI'NT

Fraps? Prnt Scrn is your friend buddy.

Lizard on
  • Options
    AzraelAzrael Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

Carth may 'whine', as some people claim, but at least he's pretty justified in feeling the way he does. Unlike a certain walking Plot Coupon.

Not only that, he makes no secret early on that he pretty much just wants to be left alone. His 'whining' are pretty well always a response to someone poking into his business.

He's also pretty cool in the KOTOR comics.

Edit: Lizard, with KOTOR not having on-board screen-capping support (every captured screen goes into a folder in the games install files) you either need to constantly flick in and out of the game to get multiple shots or make do with only one per session. I use screen shot captor myself, though sometimes weird shit happens like no characters show up, no text or displays, or no heads, it's weird, but probably something with the game rather than the screen cap software.

Azrael on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Dantooine

Jedi 101

Shortly after landing on Dantooine, Bastila rushes off to meet the Jedi Council. Shortly after that, she rushes back to inform me that the Council wants to speak with me.

Well, why not, eh?

210hc7.jpg

From left to right, these are Master Dorak, Master Vandar, Master Vrook and Master Zhar.

Things start civil enough.

211fj7.jpg
    212kp8.jpg

But it doesn't last very long. Pretty soon people are bickering.

213pn3.jpg
    214ja3.jpg
    215el0.jpg
    216gs3.jpg

Uhm... what? If Bastila is right and what I saw back on Taris was true, then Revan got blown to bits by a spaceship. And anyway, even if he did manage to come back somehow wouldn't it be good to have one more Jedi fighting against him?

In any case, Vandar quickly dismisses the meeting so that the revered Jedi Masters can retire to bicker in private.

I return to the Ebon Hawk and, because I don't have anything better to do, decide to catch up on my sleep.

217vw3.jpg

Another one of those vision-dreams...

Malak and Revan are standing in front of some dark doorway. Malak revels in the feeling of the Dark Side coming from this place, but is worried that they may be going a bit too far. Revan, already cloaked and masked, doesn't really respond and probably doesn't share Malak's sentiments. Malak goes on a bit about how, if the two of them press on with whatever they are doing, the Council will forever banish them. He can't help but wonder if the power of the 'Star Forge' is really worth.

Revan remains silent. He opens the doorway and presses on.

A new day dawns and Carth brings news that Bastila has gone to meet the Council again and that I should go meet with them as well as quickly as possible.

218iy7.jpg

Well, I certainly did. Strange that Bastila had it as well. Strange that she knew I had that dream.

219rp3.jpg

Oh. Well. I guess that explains it.

220lp3.jpg
    221dh0.jpg

Oh, no pressure.

In any case, it is time for an intense training montage.

222tq3.jpg
    223by4.jpg
    224de0.jpg
    225dg7.jpg
    226pa8.jpg
    227ne7.jpg
    228wu0.jpg
    229kj2.jpg
    230kw2.jpg

Master Zhar is very impressed with my progress and he thinks that I'll soon be able to leave my apprenticeship behind and become a Padawan. However, there are three tests I must undergo before I can join the Order.

First, I have to recite the Jedi Oath.

232dt8.jpg
    233tu3.jpg
    234wu3.jpg
    235js6.jpg
    236fw9.jpg

That was easy. Nevertheless, Master Zhar is very impressed with my knowledge of the Code.

My second test will be constructing my very own lightsaber. Personally, I would have preferred some more reciting of platitudes, but I suppose you can't have everything.

First, I'll need to determine what the colour of my lightsaber is going to be. Oh, and what kind of Jedi I'm going to be.

238xd0.jpg
    239pd1.jpg
    240hb9.jpg
    241iy1.jpg

I get a blue crystal and make my way to a conveniently nearby worktable to start construction.

242yo1.jpg

Ta-da! My very own lightsaber.

243hm2.jpg

Master Zhar is very impressed with my shiny new weapon.

And now for the final test.

244on1.jpg

There is a grove somewhere on Dantooine and it has become tainted with the power of the Dark Side, driving the local kath hounds insane. I am to find the grove, identify the root of the problem and... take care of it.

And so, finally, I venture out of the sheltered Jedi enclave.

245iy6.jpg

Dantooine. A planet of green fields, blue skies and flying giant mantas.

I explore the fields, fighting the occasional rabid kath hound pack, and eventually come across the tainted grove.

247km2.jpg

Apparently, someone else came across it first.

The Dark Jedi rises from her meditation, puts Carth and Canderous into statis with her Force powers and draws her lightsaber.

The battle is on.

249fp8.jpg
    250oq1.jpg

With a bit of luck, my Force Stun attack works immediately on the Cathar, allowing me to quickly gain the upper hand. After a bit of dueling, there is a pause in the battle and the Dark Jedi feels the desperate urge to introduce herself.

251lx9.jpg
    252vj8.jpg
    253ow8.jpg

So... this woman embraced the Dark Side and then went to a quiet grove to meditate? Is that really Dark Side behaviour?

Maybe it's a good idea to find out what's going on here.

254oz1.jpg
    255iw8.jpg

In spite of her words, it's not very difficult to get her to talk.

256pu2.jpg
    257yn6.jpg

My Scoundrel's silver tongue seems to be working.

258ev4.jpg
    259hl5.jpg
    260oh4.jpg

It seems like this Dark Jedi wasn't really all that Dark. Still, the death of her Master weighs heavily on her mind.

261im8.jpg
    262aw8.jpg

I manage to convince her that, even though she did slay her Master in anger, she's not completely lost and that the Jedi Council would be sure to forgive her if only she would seek them out. Juhani decides to do so and leaves, but not before telling me how grateful she is.

264mw3.jpg

I'm sure she'll be able to come up with something eventually.

In any case, without a Dark Jedi hanging around the grove any longer, I guess I fulfilled my third test. Time then to head back to the enclave.

Where I promptly run into Juhani again. I guess Cathars are just faster than humans. Way, way faster.

265lx0.jpg

Yep, she already spoke to the Council and she's been accepted back into the Order.

And there's more good news: Juhani's Master isn't actually dead.

266ry8.jpg
    267tm7.jpg

Well, that's another way of making sure your pupil learns about the temptation of the Dark Side. I guess. I suppose there weren't any Dark Jedi meditating in groves when Juhani neared the end of her training.

Anyways, time to find Master Zhar and tell him of my redemption of Juhani.

270or2.jpg

He's very impressed.

Finally I am given the one thing anyone training to be a Jedi really wants - my very own robes.

271da9.jpg

Meet Padawan Jedi Guardian Sera Khaar: Jedi.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    pimp.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited September 2007
    So I decided to play through KOTOR again because of this thread. I found a hack to make it widescreen and, while the interface isn't perfect, it looks surprisingly nice:
    kotor00002me2.jpg

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    darksteeldarksteel Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    So I decided to play through KOTOR again because of this thread. I found a hack to make it widescreen and, while the interface isn't perfect, it looks surprisingly nice:
    kotor00002me2.jpg

Is this a high-res texture pack mod or something? It looks a might shinier than what I remember.

darksteel on
    shikisig6-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    kotor00002me2.jpg

Is this a high-res texture pack mod or something? It looks a might shinier than what I remember.

No high-res textures. Well, nothing BioWare didn't do. The textures are set as high as they'll go, but I didn't do anything else to them aside from that.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Nah, it just looks pretty damn good on max settings.

This is the game I first used my then top of the line PC on, back when the PC version first came out. Other than very flat terrain, its a great looking game.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007

My personal problem with him - besides the whining - was his relative uselessness; once you get HK or Canderous you've got a much better long range fighter, who doesn't whine and who also has interesting backstory (I suppose you could also use Mission or the Wookie (who's name I find annoying to spell with the assortment of Zs, As, Bs and Rs)). He's an epic officer in the Republic battle fleet but he spends 99% of his time whining about generals that were treacherous, and Revan becoming a Sith, and his loser son and his planet getting glassed...For not originally wanting to tell you about these things he complains an awful lot.

Canderous is all "here's my epic war story; sure my race is slowly dwindling to extinction, but we were aweseome."

HK-47 is all "Suggestion: Shall we shoot some meatbags, master?" (while still having a decent backstory as well).

I'll be honest here though: I find Mission nearly as annoying as Carth, and everyone seems to love her, I'm not really sure why.

As much as I enjoy Wookie's, Kashyyyk is the worst planet (but I go there first to get Jolee, I don't go to the computer, so I just come back later). My preferred planet order is: Kashyyyk, Manaan, Korriban, Tatooine and then back to Kashyyyk (although the computer there is decently interesting if you go to it early). Generally my party is a combination with long (Canderous or HK) and short (Bastilla or Jolee).

For all my Carth complaining, he's okay when you have to play with him, and I prefer him over Atton...but that's not really saying much.

UltimaGecko on