Options

Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft; Omelette du Nerub

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I'm 18-6 in arena games today and feeling pretty good

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Eat a dick Sapphiron.

Hearthstone_Screenshot_8222014173809_zps8d1cfb87.png

card exhaust/control strategy worked. I got hella lucky with his "kill dudes next to this dude when they die" placement.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Man, if KT didn't always have twisting nether I would have him beat already.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    He always has twisting nether because he has infinity life and will basically always draw all his cards

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Did anyone else's battle.net just totally fucking explode

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    yeah, WoW just went down and it all went to shit. queue to login 17 minutes and growing

• Options
    SkyEyeSkyEye Registered User regular
    Did anyone else's battle.net just totally fucking explode

Yeah, thought it was a problem on my end; was about to restart my computer.

Steam: Autumn_Thunder - SC2: AutumnThundr.563 (NA) - Hearthstone: AutumnThundr.1383

• Options
    Half an hour queue for diablo

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    yup

Anyway I think I can beat KT with control/taunts druid, I just need a good draw.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    just make an aggro deck and go nutso at his face until he's at 1 armor

then shore up your board and prepare for a blizzard/twisting nether and 2 5/5 taunts and an 8 mana mind control hero ability and uh

hmm well

Beasteh on
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    win by turn 8 I already told you this!!!

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    It feels like getting into this game I have to play solo vs computer for a little while to unlock the basic cards before I can even consider the ladder?

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    It feels like getting into this game I have to play solo vs computer for a little while to unlock the basic cards before I can even consider the ladder?

Nah.

• Options
    I play a 10/5 ancient of war and a earthring farseer. Of course KT's "random" MC always takes the best one.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i think battle net just shit itself again

• Options
    Jasconius wrote: »
    i think battle net just shit itself again

Yep.

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Garthor wrote: »
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »

Nah.

it's actually not a bad idea, especially since you get gold bonuses for getting all the heroes to level 10 and beating all of the "advanced" AI, which will let you buy more packs to go along with that stuff.

Some of the heroes are real real shit without those basic cards.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Hearthstone_Screenshot_8232014195658_zps4228819e.png

Hearthstone_Screenshot_8232014195723_zps82150d79.png

(all done with druid)

• Options
    edited August 2014
    playing in arena, dude has lethal on me after a close game and connection problems begin. He ends up having the timer tick down to the end on his turn skipping it, allowing me to win the game.

what is sportsmanship?

TheStig on
  • Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    What you do is say "heh, greetings" and then take that free win.

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    Isoldae wrote: »
    What you do is say "heh, greetings" and then take that free win.

I said "I apologize." which he probably took to be sarcastic and flew into a rage and posted about it on some forum.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Well while battle.net is down I decided to take a look at my comically oversized collection of hearthstone screenshots and found the results of my themed arena runs!

Beard arena draft (suggested in this thread):
    2014-6-8Warrior1-3Beards.jpg

2014-6-8Warrior2-3Beards.jpg

Most likely to be a James Bond movie villain:
    2014-6-11Warrior3-3Bond.jpg

2014-6-11Mage3-3Bond.jpg

The last one might've gone better but I realized too late in the draft that fireball is actually the ultimate bad guy in a Bond film.

There's still more from after naxx came out that I can dig out if anyone here's interested.

SkyEye on
    Steam: Autumn_Thunder - SC2: AutumnThundr.563 (NA) - Hearthstone: AutumnThundr.1383

• Options
    Jumping into ladder for the first time in like 2 weeks to get my gold druid

SO MANY HUNTERS.

like 4/6 matches i've played so far are vs hunter.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    Jumping into ladder for the first time in like 2 weeks to get my gold druid

SO MANY HUNTERS.

like 4/6 matches i've played so far are vs hunter.
    It's the worst. I should have played Shaman in ranked when I had the chance.

• Options
    hunter/secret mage meta

the only winning move is not to play

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    hunter/secret mage meta

I guess I'm winning pretty good since saying screw it to Ranked again for the time being.

488W936.png
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    hunter/secret mage meta

nozdornewmeta

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    I was having fun as a shaman on the ladder till I hit rank 12 which is hunters paradise apprantly

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    DeliciousTacosDeliciousTacos Registered User regular
    Gah, I guess I assumed there was at least some kind of structure behind the picks you get for arena, instead of it being 100% random.

In the whole deck I only pulled 3 cards that were over 4-cost, all of which were in the same slot for me to choose between

• Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    I'm not exactly sure how they'll change the meta away from this hunter secret thing

• Options
    edited August 2014
    someone will innovate (innervate?) an answer and the meta will shift

as usual

Beasteh on
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    The real concern is probably that the best answer to secrets is also a Hunter card.

That said, I'm having a lot fun playing Shaman at the lower ranks. "Stealing" games with bloodlust feels so good.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    SniperLogicSniperLogic ChicagoRegistered User regular
    My god, 4 Freeze Mages in a row that took roughly forever to take their goddamn turn while I'm trying to do my 60g Paladin daily.

What hellish sins did I commit in a past life to deserve this?

Steam/PSN: StandrdDeviation
    BNet: StandrdError#1826
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    yea, i noticed the best counter to hunter secret is with another hunter secret because of the flare value

anyhow, i'll probably try it out to get a higher rank and then go back to arena / fiddle with possible deck answers for it

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular

as usual

Seems like basically every month somebody is in here going "I can't imagine this will ever go away"

And then a month later somebody's in here complaining about the new hotness.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    opponent had Ysera, a Violet Teacher, a Fire Elemental, assorted smaller minions, and complete board control

I topdecked an Auchenai Shadow Priest, played that and a Zombie Chow, killed the zombie with a thoughtstolen Reincarnate, and finished them with a thoughtstolen lava burst

• Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    I think the answer is in Palladin. I have no troubles beating Hunter with that class. I'm testing a deck with KT as we speak. It tremendous fun, wins alot and plays the cardvalue game almost perfectly. I'll post a decklist if anyone is interested?

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Alphagaia wrote: »
    I think the answer is in Palladin. I have no troubles beating Hunter with that class. I'm testing a deck with KT as we speak. It tremendous fun, wins alot and plays the cardvalue game almost perfectly. I'll post a decklist if anyone is interested?

I've been trialling a pally deck of my own, I'd be interested in seeing yours. Here's what I've come up with:

3dwcIBv.png?1

Spectral Knight is great against Hunter, put a taunt on it and it's really sticky without a yolo Deadly Shot. Sylvanas is my secondary taunt recipient, always annoying to deal with without silence. TBK is possibly not the best fit - it's quite a midrange deck so Kel'thuzad might be a better alternative, especially with Equality suicides. Weblord is a motherfucker if I don't have Truesilver though, haha.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options

as usual

Yes, never forget that at the very beginning of hearthstone warrior was widely considered the weakest class, with one gimmick (charge otk). Warrior then got nerfed to the ground, after which a viable control variant was developed and it became one of the strongest classes. Nothing changed (balance-wise, people just developed a better miracle rogue) and it started to fall out of favor again before naxxramas.

Things don't always need developer intervention. The full card set has been out less than a week. Give it time.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Playing ramp drood for quests, come up against a golden warrior. Turn one double innervate -> bear DotC, turn 2 wild growth. 'your opponent has left'

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
This discussion has been closed.