As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ROUND TWO: FIGHT E: PRE-FIGHT DEBATE

2»

• Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    What's Iron Man's suit made of? Vibranium?

it depends on what he's fighting that week, but if he needs vibranium it'll by god be made of vibranium

that's the nice thing about iron man, he basically can have any power you want him to and the writers can just say "oh he installed that last week"

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    You can't just install a new kind of metal in a suit, though. He'd have to rebuild the thing from scratch.

What is the standard suit made of?

robosagogo on
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    You can't just install a new kind of metal in a suit, though. He'd have to rebuild the thing from scratch.

What is the standard suit made of?

I think Shoe just means that the toughness of his suit depends on the situation. One week he can be getting it handed to him and his gear will take a beating and the next week he can shrug off a missle.

Marathon on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    officially:
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Iron Man's powers and abilities derive from the advanced powered armor that he wears. The armor has evolved from a bulky iron suit to a molecularly aligned matrix of crystallized iron enhanced by magnetic fields over layers of other metals like titanium, creating a shell that is pliable, yet capable of great resilience and protection.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    officially:
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Iron Man's powers and abilities derive from the advanced powered armor that he wears. The armor has evolved from a bulky iron suit to a molecularly aligned matrix of crystallized iron enhanced by magnetic fields over layers of other metals like titanium, creating a shell that is pliable, yet capable of great resilience and protection.

Man..remember when Iron Man wore a bulky metal suit? Good times.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:
    officially:
    Wikipedia wrote:

I don't even think you could technically call him Iron Man anymore.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:
    officially:
    Wikipedia wrote:

Molecularly aligned matrix of crystallized iron enhanced by magnetic fields over layers of other metals like titanium, creating a shell that is pliable, yet capable of great resilience and protection Man?

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Bad Karma wrote:
    officially:
    Wikipedia wrote:

Molecularly aligned matrix of crystallized iron enhanced by magnetic fields over layers of other metals like titanium, creating a shell that is pliable, yet capable of great resilience and protection Man?

yeah I guess that'd never fit on a cover.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Bad Karma wrote:
    officially:
    Wikipedia wrote:

yeah I guess that'd never fit on a cover.

Well, thats why we just call him Tony.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    should call him Alcoholic Armor Guy.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    should call him Alcoholic Armor Guy.

Hey..you got the AA in there. Nice.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    manaleak34manaleak34 Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    A MM/Guy Vs. Thor/IM battle seem most likely.

Guy I'm pretty sure could take out Tony. If a Lantern Ring could damage EmoBoy-Prime's Anti-Monitor armor then I think it can take out Iron Man's armor with the right blast.

The Thor Vs. MM is whole other thing. In the long run I think Thor would be able to take out MM but if Guy can take out Iron Man early then together I think MM and Guy could take care of Thor.

manaleak34 on
    XBL/Steam:ManaCrevice
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Marathon wrote:
    Im sure Tony would equip some flame throwers for his suit. He can watch some tapes of MM and easily add them to the suit. The problem there is that MM is also as fast as Superman. MM can fly up to IM and punch his head off before Tony can start shooting fire.

This is why I think it is Guy and MM who should take it. Their powers compliment each other much better then Tony and Thor's do... Guy can protect MM from Iron Man, and MM can protect Guy from Thor. Additionally, they have the power of telepathy to help them coordinate, while Iron Man and Thor don't.

Plus, if this is Hitler's Brain Thor, he might just take out some civilians, which would disqualify him.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Sentry wrote:
    Marathon wrote:
    Im sure Tony would equip some flame throwers for his suit. He can watch some tapes of MM and easily add them to the suit. The problem there is that MM is also as fast as Superman. MM can fly up to IM and punch his head off before Tony can start shooting fire.

This is why I think it is Guy and MM who should take it. Their powers compliment each other much better then Tony and Thor's do... Guy can protect MM from Iron Man, and MM can protect Guy from Thor. Additionally, they have the power of telepathy to help them coordinate, while Iron Man and Thor don't.

Plus, if this is Hitler's Brain Thor, he might just take out some civilians, which would disqualify him.

Hitler brain Thor killed an anti-reg, not a civilian.

Marathon on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Marathon wrote:
    Sentry wrote:
    Marathon wrote:

Plus, if this is Hitler's Brain Thor, he might just take out some civilians, which would disqualify him

Right, but you know Hitler... he's got to kill a civilian at SOME point...

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Sentry wrote:
    Marathon wrote:
    Sentry wrote:
    Marathon wrote:

Plus, if this is Hitler's Brain Thor, he might just take out some civilians, which would disqualify him

Right, but you know Hitler... he's got to kill a civilian at SOME point...

Good point. So just be on the lookout for a thin black moustache on Thor, then we'll have a better idea who we are dealing with.

Marathon on
  • Options
    manaleak34manaleak34 Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Depends on what civilians are around.

If it's a primarly jewish city, he's screwed.

manaleak34 on
    XBL/Steam:ManaCrevice
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Bad Karma wrote:
    officially:
    Wikipedia wrote:

Molecularly aligned matrix of crystallized Iron enhanced by magnetic fields over layers of other metals like titanium, creating a shell that is pliable, yet capable of great resilience and protection Man?

BAM, Loophole.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I can easily see this going very well for the DC boys. I almost want to vote for Guy and MM but then someone brought up flamethrowers for Tony and psi blocker for Thor and now I'm back at square one.

I can see Thor tank for Tony while he blasts MM with flame, thus leaving Guy alone and totally screwed. But then again I can easily see MM just zipping up to Tony and putting him down *snap* like that thus leaving Thor alone to fight an impossible battle.

What do I do! :cry:

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    What does your heart tell you?

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Tony can react just as quickly as MM, and he has flamethrowers and other awesome stuff.

Thor is a god. God beats Guy, who, while awesome, is not a god.

Tony and Thor win.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2006
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Tony can react just as quickly as MM

:?: :!:

Terrorbyte on
  • Options
    VapidVapid Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I think the JLAers will win, but goddamn I just wish I could see this fight played out in comics or in a movie or something.

Vapid on
    POKEMON DIAMOND : 1418 4085 0727
    Mario Strikers: 266395 286788
    Like games/movies/other awesome stuff? Check ouy my blog: http://freakinawesome.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:

Post extremis Tony has the best reaction time in the world, basically.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2006
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:

:|

Terrorbyte on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:

But Martian Manhunter somehow moves faster than though.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    If Tony could keep an eye on MM at all times then I would say his "reaction time" would come in handy. The question is can MM move so fast that it's impossible to keep a visual(or IR,radar,sonar,etc) on him?

Since all heroes seem to be able to use their powers to do anything/beat anyone (see speed force, batmans prep time,etc) this just comes down to "what makes more sense", and since that will be based on how well you know the character it will all boil down to who you like more.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    The LuggageThe Luggage Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:

But Martian Manhunter somehow moves faster than though.

He moves faster than human thought.

The Luggage on
    Interminable
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    SpaceDrake wrote:
    1. Guy has no problem with yellow

Wait, WTF? I thought yellow was the crux of the Green Lantern weakness and the only thing that made them beatable. If Guy isn't stopped by yellow he'll win the whole thing because the ring just, like, lets him unmake the other three. :| He just has to think "oh hey, I think I want their blood to become plasma" or "how about they all get hit with 1000 spears of light from every direction" and bam, instant win.

He has to be weak to something, and I was under the impression it's yellow light.

The weakness is that the ring is limited to his willpower and imagination.

Guy's not the smartest guy around (likes to brute force it, mostly), and if you piss him off, he can lose his concentration.

I certainly wish the GL rings were as powerful as you think they are, but they are not magical deus ex machina machines... machina.

I gives it to Thor and MM. If nothing else, MM will just phase out for most of the battle because he doesn't want to get toasted.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Martian Manhunter and Thor. Probably in that order, but I haven't decided yet.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:

It doesn't even come close to J'onn's reaction and movement time.

Seeing as Tony can't move almost as fast as the Flash, which MM can probably do since a White Martian managed to do so.

So yes, Tony is absolutely and totally fucked.

Oh, and That "anticipating the opponent's moves" Tony can do? J'onn can do that better, with his telepathy and shapeshifting. He beat the shit out of Ultraman with it.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    You get that the fight is over right

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:

It doesn't even come close to J'onn's reaction and movement time.

Seeing as Tony can't move almost as fast as the Flash, which MM can probably do since a White Martian managed to do so.

So yes, Tony is absolutely and totally fucked.

Oh, and That "anticipating the opponent's moves" Tony can do? J'onn can do that better, with his telepathy and shapeshifting. He beat the shit out of Ultraman with it.

Ultraman.jpg?

Shiiiiiiiiiit

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Scooter wrote:

?

I just got back from London, what'd I miss.

EDIT: Oh snap.

Anyway, J'onn should win.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Scooter wrote:

?

I just got back from London, what'd I miss.

EDIT: Oh snap.

Anyway, J'onn should win.

Don't worry, he did.

Marathon on
  • Options
    VapidVapid Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    The thing that was funny was that J'onn was actually fighting GL for 2nd place the whole time since almost everyone thought Thor was going to win. So basically J'onn hurt GL's chances of winning even though in the fight they compliment each other.

Vapid on
    POKEMON DIAMOND : 1418 4085 0727
    Mario Strikers: 266395 286788
    Like games/movies/other awesome stuff? Check ouy my blog: http://freakinawesome.wordpress.com/