Options

[Destiny] Enrage timers and high fashion! Chatterwhite for everyone!

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    What happened to this week's Weekly Update? Did DeeJ decide to just wash his hands of all the IB fallout?

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Irond Will wrote: »
    i blew 30 vanguard marks on an armband that you lying geese promised was gonna give me big ups on cryptarch + vanguard rep

so now i'm 30 marks poorer and no closer to vanguard 6 and my armband is on fire

thanks obama

Sorry :(

In my defense, literally nothing in this game is explained and the Nightfall buff only mentions XP.

Maddoc on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    What happened to this week's Weekly Update? Did DeeJ decide to just wash his hands of all the IB fallout?

What IB fall out? That players are dicks and back out of matches because there isn't any penalty for doing so?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular

Doesn't the weekly update usually come out later in the day, like late-afternoon EDT/early-afternoon PDT?

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842
  • Options
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »

Doesn't the weekly update usually come out later in the day, like late-afternoon EDT/early-afternoon PDT?

Maybe they'll address the fact that at least one of their maps openly works against the verbal directive given at the start of a certain gametype and you have next to no means of easily telling a person that one of the points is, in fact... a horrible trap set by Lord Shaxx. :P

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Evil MonkeyEvil Monkey Grover beachRegistered User regular
    Visskar wrote: »
    Hey 360 raiders, no hard feelings for missing the raid again, I know you had a full roster already AND I couldn't even get on last night anyway.

However, is there any interest in taking some new people (like me and probably some others) through? I'd hate to see the 360 list degenerate to Raid haves and have nots...
    Not gonna lie : I enjoy the Raid immensely, but it needles my brain that I can’t just run it with all my pals. I hate feeling like people are being left out.

IIRC, @Hiryu02 and @“Evil Monkey” both have alts that are almost Raid-ready, and @Nocren is definitely good to go, as well. @Crippl3 was talking about wanting to raid, and I think Visskar and Atarkxes (not sure of their forum handles) are right around 27. My alts are a long way from being ready, but I would gladly use my Titan to help you die horribly achieve greatness. I don’t even need loot; watching you perish succeed will be my reward.

I maxed out my Saint helm last night which brought me up to 28 if I go Defender. Picked up the helm from Xur this morning for striker, but that drops me back to 27.

Shit, let me know if you guys want to put in a VoG run this weekend. I'm ready.

@Visskar‌
    @Iron Weasel
    @shoeboxjeddy‌
    My titan is 26 i can take her if needed tonight or tomorrow.

Evil%20MonQey.jpg
  • Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    Hrrrm, so, there is no rank after rank 3 in iron banner. Guess I can go back to my new monarchy colors.

Please tell me you can buy more items at rank 3.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    Shaxx's limited inventory also supports the theory that IB rep doesn't reset, otherwise you'd have to gain all the rep again to get armor and guns on a vendor that might not always have what you want.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    The Ice Breaker recharges once every seven seconds or so. 2.5s would be nice, but no.

• Options
    Though I do want that Heavy machinegun he's selling because it looks bad fucking ass.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    Marikir wrote: »
    Hrrrm, so, there is no rank after rank 3 in iron banner. Guess I can go back to my new monarchy colors.

That's interesting...I guess they don't want people to be able to get free stuff from the Iron Banner contingent. I'm just trying to get to level two so I can get the Warlock burning and glowing arm band.

I still think that the rank is going to reset when the event comes around again.

Why would it?

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Preacher wrote: »
    Shaxx's limited inventory also supports the theory that IB rep doesn't reset, otherwise you'd have to gain all the rep again to get armor and guns on a vendor that might not always have what you want.

Pedantic, I know... but I don't think Lord Shaxx's inventory has ever changed, he's the Crucible guy. Do you mean Lord Saladin? :P

Anyhoo, the fact that equipping the shaders, emblems and class items give a boost to rep gains, people have hit rank 3 and they're saying it's capped there, and they Day 1'd the otherwise unobtainable Shader+Emblem+Class bounties suggests that they do reset. A player previously participating in the event when it comes around again would be able to rank up significantly quicker as a result.

The limited stock would prevent a player from only ever needing to participate in the event once if he wanted everything.

I guess we'll see.

edit: @crayon: See this post. :P

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular

No, just another emblem, shader, arms, chest, and machine gun.

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Ice Breaker's a situational gun. It's the king of cheese (especially with solar burn), and for swapping back and forth to pop off occasional sniper shots, but a lot of the time the bullet recharge is a lot slower and more annoying than just reloading

one trick you can do with it is if there's a different special weapon you want to use but are out of ammo (and can't just pop an ammo pack): find a safe spot, equip ice breaker and let it fully recharge, then swap back to the other special weapon that will now have some ammo

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    4kk50gc4veli.jpg

• Options
    IF you have invective its probably better for that since it recovers your entire ammo cache and not just its current clip.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Hey 360 raiders, no hard feelings for missing the raid again, I know you had a full roster already AND I couldn't even get on last night anyway.

However, is there any interest in taking some new people (like me and probably some others) through? I'd hate to see the 360 list degenerate to Raid haves and have nots...
    Not gonna lie : I enjoy the Raid immensely, but it needles my brain that I can’t just run it with all my pals. I hate feeling like people are being left out.

IIRC, @Hiryu02 and @“Evil Monkey” both have alts that are almost Raid-ready, and @Nocren is definitely good to go, as well. @Crippl3 was talking about wanting to raid, and I think Visskar and Atarkxes (not sure of their forum handles) are right around 27. My alts are a long way from being ready, but I would gladly use my Titan to help you die horribly achieve greatness. I don’t even need loot; watching you perish succeed will be my reward.

I maxed out my Saint helm last night which brought me up to 28 if I go Defender. Picked up the helm from Xur this morning for striker, but that drops me back to 27.

@Visskar‌
    @Iron Weasel
    @shoeboxjeddy‌
    I definitely cannot do anything tonight. Tomorrow or Sunday evening is possible.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Does anyone need the nightfall? I need to do the bounty for completing a heroic or nightfall so anyone who wants in can join me.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular

Oh it adds the chest? Thank god, that's the one item I really wanted *although he has a few weapon that look nice*. If had to try a get all his items through the RNG after matches I'd throw my controller through my tv. *It's still bullshit that you can't buy at least half.*

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    So I didn't realize the Ice Breaker starts with ammo regen, I thought it was an upgrade. This is a fun sniper rifle. Not sure which I like more between Ice Breaker and Patience and Time.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Evil MonkeyEvil Monkey Grover beachRegistered User regular

@Visskar‌
    @Iron Weasel
    @shoeboxjeddy‌
    I definitely cannot do anything tonight. Tomorrow or Sunday evening is possible.
    Im available both those nights

Evil%20MonQey.jpg
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    This is really frustrating.

Only 7 wins away from Iron Banner rank 2 and i'm getting screwed hard by the team balancing.

I'll maybe go 3 or 4 games where we don't win, then get balanced into a winning team, where i'll be dominant only to get shoved into the losing team to try and balance it out again for another 3 or 4 games.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    So I didn't realize the Ice Breaker starts with ammo regen, I thought it was an upgrade. This is a fun sniper rifle. Not sure which I like more between Ice Breaker and Patience and Time.

I wish I had this problem. /jealous

Ice Breaker is a great tool to have in your box. If you have 17 coins, I'd recommend it.

Moreover, those Grimoire ranks for sniper kills are a lot more palatable when you don't need to worry about ammo.

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular

Only 7 wins away from Iron Banner rank 2 and i'm getting screwed hard by the team balancing.

I'll maybe go 3 or 4 games where we don't win, then get balanced into a winning team, where i'll be dominant only to get shoved into the losing team to try and balance it out again for another 3 or 4 games.

It could be worse. You could end up on my team.

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular

@Visskar‌
    @Iron Weasel
    @shoeboxjeddy‌

Same.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    I passed on the Icebreaker. Like a lot of people said, it's a very situational weapon. I already have the Queen's sniper rifle (supremacy) that is great, got Fire damage on it. As for ammo, just buy ammo pack from the gunsmith and use in big raids/nightfall/weekly. It's not like there are lots of other ways to burn Glimmers in this game anyway.

I went for the Warlock robe. It's great looking, offer "bonus special ammo" which raise the amount I can carry on my supremacy sniper riffle to start with. A little disapointing to read that the Axio Bolt bonus doesn't work as I thought it would but still a nice upgrade.

Now I do have a question. What is up with STRENGHT everywhere on warlock exotics? Seriously! Both my "light beyond nemesis" and "Voidfang vestment" comes with + strenght only. Gee, I'm a WARLOCK, give me INTELLIGENCE AND DISCIPLINE!

jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • Options
    Since I use throwing daggers on my PVE build I love all the strength on things.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

Oh it adds the chest? Thank god, that's the one item I really wanted *although he has a few weapon that look nice*. If had to try a get all his items through the RNG after matches I'd throw my controller through my tv. *It's still bullshit that you can't buy at least half.*

There's a rumor that a lot of the iron banner stuff only drops from matches after you've reached higher ranks. Would explain how all I've seen people get is timur's lash. I got two, myself.

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    @Nocren‌
    @shoeboxjeddy‌
    @Visskar‌
    @Hiryu02‌
    @Evil Monkey

plus me makes 6. New raiders, pick a day/time (I think I would prefer Sunday) and let's make this happen.

If any other 360 Raid Rookies want in, one of the veterans can step aside to make room.

Fair warning: Evil Monkey traded his immortal soul to Loot Satan in exchange for worldly power. He will get all the drops.

All of them.

Even yours.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options

There's a rumor that a lot of the iron banner stuff only drops from matches after you've reached higher ranks. Would explain how all I've seen people get is timur's lash. I got two, myself.

I hope that's a thing, since I just hit rank 2...

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Houn wrote: »

Truer words have never been spoken. I kid, I kid-still a joy to group despite you offending the universe in some insanely fucked up cosmic way.

• Options
    Crayon/latikuf, are you okay with 9 EST for hard mode vault in Sunday?

• Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    Guibs wrote: »
    I passed on the Icebreaker. Like a lot of people said, it's a very situational weapon. I already have the Queen's sniper rifle (supremacy) that is great, got Fire damage on it. As for ammo, just buy ammo pack from the gunsmith and use in big raids/nightfall/weekly. It's not like there are lots of other ways to burn Glimmers in this game anyway.

I went for the Warlock robe. It's great looking, offer "bonus special ammo" which raise the amount I can carry on my supremacy sniper riffle to start with. A little disapointing to read that the Axio Bolt bonus doesn't work as I thought it would but still a nice upgrade.

Now I do have a question. What is up with STRENGHT everywhere on warlock exotics? Seriously! Both my "light beyond nemesis" and "Voidfang vestment" comes with + strenght only. Gee, I'm a WARLOCK, give me INTELLIGENCE AND DISCIPLINE!

5min CD on ammo synths is very obnoxious sometimes.

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    Crayon/latikuf, are you okay with 9 EST for hard mode vault in Sunday?

I'd much prefer another day, but I'm moooooostly okay with it.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Crayon wrote: »

Truer words have never been spoken. I kid, I kid-still a joy to group despite you offending the universe in some insanely fucked up cosmic way.

Yeah, I don't know which cosmic entity I pissed off, but damn.

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular

We just lost to a team with a level 9 on it...

It cannot be worse.

You know, I really can't see why anyone would ever want to rage quit out mid-game /sarcasm

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    Wow people are idiots about weapons Xur sells. "I earned my *insert exotic here* and so you buying it from xur is bullshit." Despite there being exactly zero way you earned shit on a random drop from wherever, outside of Xur selling guns like thorn or bad juju you didn't do shit different than people who got coins.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular

IIRC, Hiryu02 and “Evil Monkey” both have alts that are almost Raid-ready, and Nocren is definitely good to go, as well. Crippl3 was talking about wanting to raid, and I think Visskar and Atarkxes (not sure of their forum handles) are right around 27. My alts are a long way from being ready, but I would gladly use my Titan to help you die horribly achieve greatness. I don’t even need loot; watching you perish succeed will be my reward.

Visskar‌
    "Iron Weasel"‌
    shoeboxjeddy‌

Same.

I've already cleared VoG for the week (so I don't need to join VoG for any drops) but I'm happy to help if you need assistance. 28 Titan. Have had..... ample experience helping new players through VoG as well. "No, no, those blow up. No, they blow.... yes they.... NO THAT'S..... yes... yes they will kill you. Yes."

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    Wow people are idiots about weapons Xur sells. "I earned my *insert exotic here* and so you buying it from xur is bullshit." Despite there being exactly zero way you earned shit on a random drop from wherever, outside of Xur selling guns like thorn or bad juju you didn't do shit different than people who got coins.

One can easily argue that spending the time collecting 17 coins is much more in line with "earning" something as opposed to being lucky with the rng. In fact, it doesn't even need to be argued, it is more earned.

This discussion has been closed.