Chrono [Chat]ter!

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    HjnK98ol.jpg

Is he saving them from the water outside of the birds nest

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    japan wrote: »
    There is a van outside. It is liveried:

"Mental Rentals: A mental rate, from your rental mate"

Somebody likes wordplay, it seems

hahahaha

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    @Jacobkosh‌
    Sports and superstition go hand-in-hand but when that superstition starts costing real people actual dollars than perhaps its time to pump the brakes on the crazy. That’s the sitch with San Francisco Radio stations 96.5 KOIT and KFOG Radio, who have put a temporary ban of Lorde smash single Royals.

Yep, there’ll be fewer royalties from Royals coming Lorde’s way while local baseball team The San Francisco Giants compete in the World Series against the Kansas City Royals. What’s the connection? KMBC reports it because Royals is inspired by retired Kansas City Royals third baseman George Brett.

That’s right. KFOG Radio and 96.5 KOIT have pulled Royals from rotation, until the end of the World Series, not wanting to give Kanas City any kind of psychological advantage over their hometown heroes. It’s an out-there move with, probably, no supporting evidence to back it up. But, hey, this is sports, not science.

i love this kind of shit.

also, holy crap, the Royals are in the world series. Maybe the Astros will get another shot at it in 20 years or so.

wait, what the fuck? "Royals" the song has something to do with George Brett?
    wiki wrote:
    Lorde had thought of writing a song about the luxury of pop musicians after seeing an image in the July 1976 edition of National Geographic showing Kansas City Royals baseball player George Brett[8] signing baseballs, with his team's name emblazoned across his shirt – Lorde recalled during a September 3, 2013 VH1 interview, "It was just that word. It's really cool."

hahaha I had totally missed this, wow

The real question is why was Lorde browsing through Nat Geos that are like 20 years older than her.

New Zealand

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Corvus wrote: »
    Cripes, thanks for making me feel old, forum.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/badge/anniversary-old

The solution is to sign up for Secret Santa.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Finally got a hold of the last person I needed to.

Off to the office.

Yay.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    I wonder if Lorde is annoying to be around in person.

of course she is

she's 17

how many 17 year olds aren't annoying to be around

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    You're not Ludious

did the zionists put you up to this

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I'm still on the Time Magazine that's discussing Obama's first election.

Hope and Change guys, hope and change.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    17 year old landshark was a delight I'll tell you hwat

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    guys thanks for the advice

i don't think I'm terribly cut out for babbying

doesn't matter, really, because it's temporary

I don't think I fell in love with soy until he was a few months old and started to smile and react to me as a person

before that it was just like, well I guess it's time to wipe this thing down again

I'm not assuming you are feeling that way, but if you are it may be some comfort to know that not everyone clicks with a kid right away

there is a nice photo essay about someone else feeling that way too: http://thereluctantfather.com/

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Yo @Irond Will‌ you should check this out, I caught this lecture last night and it was really great.

One of the books he talks about has a wiki page here ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gods'_Man ) and it was pretty wild and I really want to read it now.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Pony wrote: »

of course she is

she's 17

but we hung out all the time when i was 17 :C

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Pony wrote: »

of course she is

she's 17

but we hung out all the time when i was 17 :C

oh cass

don't worry about it

you're -still annoying to be around! Nothing has changed! You're still the same person!

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

I don't think I fell in love with soy until he was a few months old and started to smile and react to me as a person

before that it was just like, well I guess it's time to wipe this thing down again

I'm not assuming you are feeling that way, but if you are it may be some comfort to know that not everyone clicks with a kid right away

there is a nice photo essay about someone else feeling that way too: http://thereluctantfather.com/

very true. It's a huge help when they start recognizing you and smiling (takes a few months)

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    Corvus wrote: »
    Cripes, thanks for making me feel old, forum.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/badge/anniversary-old

The solution is to sign up for Secret Santa.

Hmm, perhaps this is the year I finally do that.

:so_raven:
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »
    I'm still on the Time Magazine that's discussing Obama's first election.

Hope and Change guys, hope and change.

To be fair, shit is actually objectively better since he entered office.

Whether or not it had anything to do with him.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Way on back, when we were putting Left Hand Path together, we toyed with the idea of making Genius Locii a symptom of Mad Ones - what eventually turned into Tulpa. But we decided that keeping them rather than subtracting from the general sense of strangeness in Mage's setting was better.

They're literally places with minds of their own. Not spirits, Goetia, the creations of mages with Mind 5 or anything like that. There's just a very small chance that when you start talking to an empty church in the WoD it might start talking back, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Every teenager thinks he/she can solve every problem. Every single one of them.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Soylent is still not available in Canada. :(

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Like most people would be, Ben Affleck was pretty impressed with his batsuit.

However, even he couldn't convince the powers that be to let him keep it.

"I asked them, 'So, how about maybe taking the suit home at the end of this thing?'" the "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" star said during a visit to "Live with Kelly and Michael." "They were like, 'For $100,000 we could!'"

• Options
    Way on back, when we were putting Left Hand Path together, we toyed with the idea of making Genius Locii a symptom of Mad Ones - what eventually turned into Tulpa. But we decided that keeping them rather than subtracting from the general sense of strangeness in Mage's setting was better.

They're literally places with minds of their own. Not spirits, Goetia, the creations of mages with Mind 5 or anything like that. There's just a very small chance that when you start talking to an empty church in the WoD it might start talking back, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I really like that they are resisting the natural nerd urge to have a Grand Unified Theory for how every single weird, interesting thing you can encounter in the game is created or works. It leaves the door open to genuine mystery rather than just having the players walk around with a check list going "Is this a ghost? No? Well, what about a spirit? What about a Goetic entity? What about a shade? What about a Supernal emanation? What about a lich? What about an Abyssal intrusion? What about a..." etc etc forever.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Training is butts

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

was very true for me with the first one

less so with the 2nd

not at all with the 3rd.

I guess maybe I kinda knew what I was in for emotionally, and able to connect earlier? idk. :)

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    i like how there's an engineer here, titled "senior engineer" no less, that comes with a huge disclaimer if anyone is going to use him. "yeah, Bob can help you with that stuff but it can't be too important or require any initiative". Or, "yeah, if we send him offshore we'll make sure we have someone along with him that knows what they're doing."

• Options
    spool32 wrote: »

less so with the 2nd

not at all with the 3rd.

I guess maybe I kinda knew what I was in for emotionally, and able to connect earlier? idk. :)

maybe BC just wasn't that cute

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    there's a story in the secret world that you uncover from playing all three factions and it always makes me laugh

a rise of retirement homes in florida leads to a vortex of human misery that tears at the fabric between worlds and revenants flood southern Florida

the Illuminati who rule that turf are like FUCK

but they're like "Hey maybe... the Templars hate evil shit, right? Maybe we can get them to clean it up for us?"

and the Templar are like LOL NO DEAL WITH IT YANKS

• Options
    i like how there's an engineer here, titled "senior engineer" no less, that comes with a huge disclaimer if anyone is going to use him. "yeah, Bob can help you with that stuff but it can't be too important or require any initiative". Or, "yeah, if we send him offshore we'll make sure we have someone along with him that knows what they're doing."

we have a few guys like that

they get assigned on jobs with excess budget since we bill hourly not to exceed and it works out OK I guess

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    league of legends 2014 champions

lolsamsungwhite.jpg

ladies...

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    @Hakkekage‌ what are good arts that are in Switzerland?

Is Paul Klee an interesting artist

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

"I asked them, 'So, how about maybe taking the suit home at the end of this thing?'" the "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" star said during a visit to "Live with Kelly and Michael." "They were like, 'For $100,000 we could!'"

100k is a pretty good deal considering you never have to buy new clothes ever again

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    paul klee is interesting yes

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

less so with the 2nd

not at all with the 3rd.

@Blameless Cleric

He loved the others quicker than he loved you!!!!

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    It is p interesting that my productivity immediately tanked when I found out I couldn't leave until 8 instead of

My only driving factor was the amount of time between when I left here and had to return.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

I really like that they are resisting the natural nerd urge to have a Grand Unified Theory for how every single weird, interesting thing you can encounter in the game is created or works. It leaves the door open to genuine mystery rather than just having the players walk around with a check list going "Is this a ghost? No? Well, what about a spirit? What about a Goetic entity? What about a shade? What about a Supernal emanation? What about a lich? What about an Abyssal intrusion? What about a..." etc etc forever.

Right and you have to have that mystery. The thing with Mage is that in a mundane sense, the PCs can do a level of investigation that trivializes standard mysteries. All of them will have enough dots in two arcanum to have spells of the knowing practice. And it's not like having knowing in other arcanum is hard. Off the top of my head, BJ has it in Prime, Forces, Space, and Time. That's enough to let him see what happened. So if you want to really dig in to the mystery aspects then you have to be able to throw some deeply weird shit at them. Give them mysteries that can't be understood. Just nibbled at.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular

less so with the 2nd

not at all with the 3rd.

@Blameless Cleric

He loved the others quicker than he loved you!!!!

To be fair, she was probably being a dick at the time.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    league of legends 2014 champions

lolsamsungwhite.jpg

ladies...

@Irond Will‌ that'll be us in destiny someday!

but i fear we're not asian enough

we need a ringer...

• Options

100k is a pretty good deal considering you never have to buy new clothes ever again

You still need a Matches Malone suit.

This discussion has been closed.