As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Time to eat, Guardians! Free Gjallarhorn in every Kids Meal!

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Elixir wrote: »
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    If you'll never play an alt, just look at the lotto as a way to buy 2-3 energy. If it really was just that I might still use it.

Oh, I need to max a warlock subclass anyway for the achievement. So I don't mind. who knows, maybe in playing as an exo warlock I will come to terms with the need for a second helmet despite my face being part of one already and horrible warlock abilities. :P

Once you play a Sunsinger you'll be hooked and be praising the sun in no time.

I didn't join the wizards on the moon and I sure as hell won't be praising the sun!

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    So this just happened
    http://youtu.be/e5BO0_tueys
    And then that turned into one of these . Between that, MAIDA multi-tool and Vision of Confluence, I have every good Scout Rifle a Hunter could want.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    So after the Raid gave me literally nothing new last night (it was fun though guys, thanks for being patient with me...) I consoled myself with a BITCHIN' new bike. Which I immediately slapped on the Green trail upgrade from Xur that I bought last week in preparation. I like to think the tank runs on MTN DEW now (the actual spelled out version is not XTREME enough).

The new bike soothed my crankiness from getting dominated on Blind Watch at one point. A Titan supered me right as I turned on Golden Gun TWICE in the same match, so I have to laugh a little bit about how "OP" Hunters are supposedly.

Finally, for the normal, non-Tiger version of the Mars strike, the vehicles certainly help with the Tank boss. I'll have to see if the damage uptick on level 24 versions makes it too dangerous to try.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    So after the Raid gave me literally nothing new last night (it was fun though guys, thanks for being patient with me...) I consoled myself with a BITCHIN' new bike. Which I immediately slapped on the Green trail upgrade from Xur that I bought last week in preparation. I like to think the tank runs on MTN DEW now (the actual spelled out version is not XTREME enough).

The new bike soothed my crankiness from getting dominated on Blind Watch at one point. A Titan supered me right as I turned on Golden Gun TWICE in the same match, so I have to laugh a little bit about how "OP" Hunters are supposedly.

Finally, for the normal, non-Tiger version of the Mars strike, the vehicles certainly help with the Tank boss. I'll have to see if the damage uptick on level 24 versions makes it too dangerous to try.

As long you don't catch the projectiles you should be able to use the interceptor on the tank boss. I do all the time. Or

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    CroakerCroaker Registered User regular
    Honestly considering deleting my Titan and starting another one to get to 20 and do the raid again this week. Six hours of play to 20 or so and he's instantly 28 again, and I might actually get some gea... who am I kidding?

• Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    Reddit - Heroic VoG: 2-Man

By the same guys that 2-manned Normal.

Video link for those people who don't like reddit:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXi-zBDJK5s

...I really wish I could view videos at work. <_<

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    So this just happened
    http://youtu.be/e5BO0_tueys
    And then that turned into one of these . Between that, MAIDA multi-tool and Vision of Confluence, I have every good Scout Rifle a Hunter could want.

I have the dragon scout rifle with bullets on kill and explosive on kill and I love that baby.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Had my most fun round of Skirmish ever. Me and 2 randos. We fell behind right away by like 700. One rando rage quits. Me and rando2 continue the match attached at the hip. We take the next 3000 points before giving the other (full) team a point. At the 1 minute mark we had 4300 to their 3700, so we bunkered down in a corner to run down the clock. Finished the match winning 4700 to 4000 at the buzzer.

I rewarded myself with this goofy wolf chest thing from Xur.

Today was a good day.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    Not sure on suros. I have red death and now that I've gotten used to it really like it in PvP and PvE.

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Seriously torn between Armamentarium and Suros this week. I have 30 coins and an alt, so may be able to swing both. However, I already have the Alpha Lupi chest (which isn't as good, but hey), and Invective and Patience and time, which can usually fill up my exotic spot. However, Suros still sounds great in general, and two grenades sounds a lot more useful than the Alpha Lupi benefits.

Is anybody actually disappointed in Suros compared to other purple auto-rifles? Or is it more of having an embarassment of riches for people who have to choose between exotics?

• Options
    useruser Registered User regular
    Had my most fun round of Skirmish ever. Me and 2 randos. We fell behind right away by like 700. One rando rage quits. Me and rando2 continue the match attached at the hip. We take the next 3000 points before giving the other (full) team a point. At the 1 minute mark we had 4300 to their 3700, so we bunkered down in a corner to run down the clock. Finished the match winning 4700 to 4000 at the buzzer.

Today was a good day.

I hope you friended that guy.

• Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    I still find myself kind of stuck at 24. I'm wondering if I should start doing the other factions (I just got to Vanguard 2) or keep staying with the main faction. I'd probably farm strikelists more often, but the quality is so scattershot. I do one mars strike in like 20 minutes with some 24s, and it's awesome then turn around and spend what feels like 45 minutes on Phagoth with some 26s who want to see how many adds they can leave alive while shooting him.

I may need to give in and start using the friends function. =P

• Options
    ElixirElixir Saving Your Ass Alchemists and Belts EverywhereRegistered User regular
    Elixir wrote: »
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    If you'll never play an alt, just look at the lotto as a way to buy 2-3 energy. If it really was just that I might still use it.

Oh, I need to max a warlock subclass anyway for the achievement. So I don't mind. who knows, maybe in playing as an exo warlock I will come to terms with the need for a second helmet despite my face being part of one already and horrible warlock abilities. :P

Once you play a Sunsinger you'll be hooked and be praising the sun in no time.

I didn't join the wizards on the moon and I sure as hell won't be praising the sun!

Blasphemer! Now where did I put my torches and pitchforks....

ElixirSulfClipCropped1(s)1.jpg

• Options
    useruser Registered User regular
    I engrambled during my lunch break. Now I have 5 Warlock exotics. Again, I do not have a Warlock, my Hunter and Titan are starved for exotics, but I literally have an embarrassment of riches for the class I don't play. Thanks Xur, you da bes.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I still find myself kind of stuck at 24. I'm wondering if I should start doing the other factions (I just got to Vanguard 2) or keep staying with the main faction. I'd probably farm strikelists more often, but the quality is so scattershot. I do one mars strike in like 20 minutes with some 24s, and it's awesome then turn around and spend what feels like 45 minutes on Phagoth with some 26s who want to see how many adds they can leave alive while shooting him.

Get Vanguard to level 3 for sure. That way you have something to burn Vanguard marks on once you get a full set of armor. Plus you get a free legendary weapon once you hit 3 with Vanguard.

After that, yeah definitely hit up another faction.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    user wrote: »

Today was a good day.

I hope you friended that guy.

Haha, yes. Also, one of the few times I missed voice chat because I can only imagine how pisssssssssed the other guys were as we danced out the clock at the end. Any match where you can work in a little synchronized dancing is a good match, though, win or lose.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

Get Vanguard to level 3 for sure. That way you have something to burn Vanguard marks on once you get a full set of armor. Plus you get a free legendary weapon once you hit 3 with Vanguard.

Cool, that gives me someting to work for. Just gotta suffer through a butt ton more strikes. =)

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Huh I just realized I have 200 Vanguard Marks, I wonder when I capped

Now I'm trying to figure out what to spend them on

Maybe a swanky new Sparrow, or that Void Machine Gun the armory dude would be useful doing Vault...

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    EvigilantEvigilant VARegistered User regular
    Anyone need/want to join me for the weekly? Need dem coins for Xur.
    PSN:Evigilant

XBL\PSN\Steam\Origin: Evigilant
  • Options
    ElixirElixir Saving Your Ass Alchemists and Belts EverywhereRegistered User regular
    Evigilant wrote: »
    Anyone need/want to join me for the weekly? Need dem coins for Xur.
    PSN:Evigilant

Same here, but I got an event to be at tonight. We should try to set up a day each week for tearing through weekly/nightfalls as well as raids...

ElixirSulfClipCropped1(s)1.jpg

• Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular

Cool, that gives me someting to work for. Just gotta suffer through a butt ton more strikes. =)

The counterpoint to that is the different factions sell essentially equivalent armor, you cannot reach level 30 with faction/vanguard/crucible vendor armor so the INT/DIS/STR differences from the Vanguard armor are IMO pointless to chase. Guns may have enough difference in the abilities to warrant looking at one faction or another, but just go through each vendor now to see what they have, it never changes so you may not even bother with some factions if they don't have something you want.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options

The counterpoint to that is the different factions sell essentially equivalent armor, you cannot reach level 30 with faction/vanguard/crucible vendor armor so the INT/DIS/STR differences from the Vanguard armor are IMO pointless to chase. Guns may have enough difference in the abilities to warrant looking at one faction or another, but just go through each vendor now to see what they have, it never changes so you may not even bother with some factions if they don't have something you want.

But the factions only take crucible marks

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Question, folks.
    I have the Monte Carlo. I like the concept of it. Doing damage lets me lightning punch more? Great! It also has a nice sound effect when firing! But the gun itself seems... underwhelming. It does lowish damage and kicks like a mule, with no real option to help the recoil.

Is it just a bad weapon? I want to like it, but if it is as bad as I'm feeling it is (versus just not having practiced enough with it), I'd spend the coins on Suros.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    CelianCelian Registered User regular
    I decided to suck it up and go farming. Seeing all the raid drop horror stories made me feel bad of my relative good luck. Man... fuck. mars. Venus wasn't too bad, did that other route someone recommended me and it was more manageable in terms of boredom.

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Question, folks.
    I have the Monte Carlo. I like the concept of it. Doing damage lets me lightning punch more? Great! It also has a nice sound effect when firing! But the gun itself seems... underwhelming. It does lowish damage and kicks like a mule, with no real option to help the recoil.

Is it just a bad weapon? I want to like it, but if it is as bad as I'm feeling it is (versus just not having practiced enough with it), I'd spend the coins on Suros.

It's a bad weapon that hopefully is in the same category as Thorn and Bad Juju to get buffed.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    No monte carlo shouldn't be buffed at all, it should remain sucky!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    mFiendmFiend l33t quarkscooper America's HatRegistered User regular
    Seriously torn between Armamentarium and Suros this week. I have 30 coins and an alt, so may be able to swing both. However, I already have the Alpha Lupi chest (which isn't as good, but hey), and Invective and Patience and time, which can usually fill up my exotic spot. However, Suros still sounds great in general, and two grenades sounds a lot more useful than the Alpha Lupi benefits.

Is anybody actually disappointed in Suros compared to other purple auto-rifles? Or is it more of having an embarassment of riches for people who have to choose between exotics?

Suros Regime is one of my favourite primaries in the game. It's the only autorifle I enjoy using, and one of its main benefits is the huge amount of damage it does while still having relatively good ammo conservation due to enhanced damage with slower fire rate. It's an absolute beast if you're an accurate shooter, but it sucks for spray'n pray.

That said, I almost never equip it because I usually have The Devil You Know in my primary slot so I can run Icebreaker (bleh) for a steady supply of ammo or Gjallarhorn for rockety fun times.

PS4: mFiend
  • Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    Xur has Suros Regime again. I really like that gun, but I'm wondering if I need it if I have both Hard Light and Atheon's Epilogue.

Thoughts? Could definitely use some advice on this one.

I think Suros is a much better PvP weapon than HL or AE. I've been trying to level some of my raid weapons over the past few days and haven't been using it in the Crucible, and my K/D has definitely suffered a bit. It truly is the best dps for PvP, I think, since it's slower-and-accurate but still fast enough to lay into people's faces. It was great in the Iron Banner. My biggest problem with it is that it doesn't feel like a fancy exotic and I always feel like I should be trying to use my Thunderlord or something, which absolutely shreds people like paper. The auto nerf doesn't feel like it has really reduced the effectiveness of the Suros in PvP.

In PvE, there are plenty other options that are more situationally appropriate. I run with AEpilogue in the Vault for Minotaurs and Praetorians (which does feel quite a bit weaker after the auto nerf but is still useful), and once we get to the Confluxes, I switch to a Vision of Confluence/purple sniper combo, which I feel is much better for the precision required to take out Hobgoblins and the many swarming mobs pouring out of the... cloudy tunnels. Darkness Doors™. Whatever. The Suros was pretty good for that, too, but I feel the VoC (with its full auto) does just as good of a job poking glowing robo-bellies, and then you can have an exotic equipped, too (whether Ice Breaker, which is super popular for that room, or something else, like my Thundahlord).

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you plan on playing a lot of PvP, I'd probably pick up a Suros. But get some other opinions. I'd ask the godfather of Suros, @BillyIdle, to chime in. He had one before it was cool and renounced it once Santa Xur started selling it, so if he's back to using it, that'd be a strong endorsement.

Late response, but I stopped using Suros after Xur first sold it. I will say this about it - it really was OP before the nerf. I would rarely lose a 1v1 fight, and it was pretty easy to get multiple kills without reloading.

I haven't seen it crop up in pvp as much as it used to, I think I see more Shadow Price ARs and Grim Citizens.

As for AE, I thought it was terrible in pvp. That said, if you can rock it and it works for you, go for it. I plan to be first in line for Bad Juju pvp once it gets buffed.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Does anyone else want to do a hard-mode raid this weekend?

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Destiny servers are having issues. I can't connect to the tower.

That you have to go to to get to the bank.

The Bunge are pretty stupid sometimes.

• Options

I do. Pick me.

• Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    TIL: Icebreaker doesn't just refill its own ammo.

This was pretty obvious in retrospect, but it's been game changing for me. Doing the nightfall with arc damage active? Use the arc sniper until I'm out of ammo, then switch to Icebreaker to refill. Need fusion rifle kills for Pocket Infinity and nothing drops special ammo? No worries, I can just pause 30 seconds and get another 3-4 clips. Best Xur purchase evar.

• Options

I do. Pick me.

All right!

Any other 29's or 30's ready to bring their A game?

@Cid29‌ @Fondor_Yards‌ are the only other 29's on the finder list available for this weekend.

I'm more or less available all weekend and my schedule is flexible.

• Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    Sure why not, won't need to dredge through lfg for a normal raid group then.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options

I do. Pick me.

All right!

Any other 29's or 30's ready to bring their A game?

Cid29‌ Fondor_Yards‌ are the only other 29's on the finder list available for this weekend.

I'm more or less available all weekend and my schedule is flexible.

Oh, shit I forgot to update the Raid Finder for this week. I'm the worst.

Yeah, that finder list is out of date, fyi.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Who wants to Raid? Message me (Justice4Pluto) on PSN!

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    I can Hard Mode this weekend. Since Obi responded, I'm assuming this is XB1?

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    TravelingMattTravelingMatt Registered User regular
    LF1M for a fresh normal Vault run. Would prefer someone with a bit of experience as there is already one guy going for his first run, but that isn't too important to me. Thanks. PS4, GT is TravelingMat.

PSN: TravelingMat
    Time Zone: Eastern
  • Options
    Vagabond wrote: »

Xbone, yes!

We have four for hard mode so far. What time should we shoot for?

• Options
    Vagabond wrote: »

Xbone, yes!

We have four for hard mode so far. What time should we shoot for?

Tonight would be best!