As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] If you take Point A on Blind Watch, we're sending you to PA3.

GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles PaesanoRegistered User regular
edited November 2014 in Games and Technology
We called it the Traveler, and its arrival changed us forever. Great cities were built on Mars and Venus; Mercury became a garden world. Human lifespan tripled. It was a time of miracles. We stared out at the galaxy and knew that it was our Destiny to walk in the light of other stars.

But the Traveler had an enemy. A Darkness - which had hunted it for eons, across the black gulfs of space, centuries after our Golden Age began. This Darkness... found us. And that was the end of everything.

That is, until Peter Dinklage found you, Guardian!

7wqy627to2qz.jpg

Destiny: Penny Arcade G&T Saves the Universe and Everything in It is an online multiplayer action role-playing sci-fi-fantasy *deep breath* first-person shooter for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360 and the first title in a proposed 10-year, zillion-dollar franchise from Bungie and Activision. It’s MMO-like – think gear, skill trees, leveling up, and party play – with an emphasis on exploration and discovery.

The game is set in our own solar system, 700 years in the future, following a prosperous period of exploration and colonization ushered in by the arrival of the “Traveler,” a mysterious celestial body (pictured above). The Golden Age came to an abrupt end as a result of a momentous event called “the Collapse,” a calamity that wiped out human colonies everywhere, and as our story begins, humanity has retreated to the Last City on Earth, our shared home and the launching point for our journey back to the stars.

The Traveler watches over the Last City, and it is recruiting heroes from Earth to help protect our doomed planet, but the Darkness that hunts it is descending upon us. We must fight back against that Darkness, Guardians. We must suit up and set out - to the Moon and the planets beyond. We are humanity’s last hope.

So join up! Our clan is on both systems!

5poflkd6kg6e.png

We've assembled a Bungie.net group - and within that group, a PlayStation clan and an Xbox clan - so that PA G&Ters can play together. We're Pax Arcadia, and we're currently making our way through endgame content and crushing the Crucible in six-man fireteams on a nightly basis!

Edit (9/10/14): Pax Arcadia (the first group) has hit the 100-player cap on the PlayStation side (Xbox side still has openings). If you are on PS4 and are looking to join up, you need to request membership in Pax Arcadia II (the overflow group), but I would encourage everyone to also join regular Pax Arcadia, in case Bungie raises or removes the cap in the future. See instructions below.

To join:
1. Send @GMaster7 (on the PS side) or @ObiFett (on the Xbox side) - or preferably, both - a PM, letting us know that you're applying.
2. Hit up the Bungie.net group for Pax Arcadia (right here, at this link) and apply for membership, then hit up the group for Pax Arcadia II if you're on PS4 (right here) and apply for membership.
3. Add yourself to the Pax Arcadia Mega-Roster that we've created to keep track of membership. Use the tabs at the bottom to select your console, and put yourself at the bottom of your tab's list. We'll bump you up to your proper alphabetical placement once you're in the group.
4. When we get your PM and see that you're on the spreadsheet, we'll accept you to the group(s). Then, you have to separately join your system's clan - so click "Set as PlayStation Clan" in Pax Arcadia II's banner if you're on PS3/PS4 or "Set as Xbox Clan" in Pax Arcadia's banner if you're on 360/XB1 to officially add yourself to the clan roster. (Note: This only works after you've played the game on your system for the first time.)
5. Friend some PAers, hop online, and take to the skies in the name of Pax Arcadia!

d16n9hnpzqqq.png

Pax Arcadia Raid Finder

The Vault of Glass is waiting. If you are lvl 26+, it's your time to Become Legend. Join Pax Arcadia in conquering it again and again and again. Every week we will poll the members of Pax Arcadia in an effort to help everyone find a raid group and fill out groups that are missing members. If you want to raid, this is a great way to do it with fellow forumites/clanmates.

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A GROUP: Fill out this form. Note that it gives you a link to be able to change your information after you submit. Please keep that link so you can update any availability info if your schedule changes for that week. Once there are enough matches on the spreadsheet for your console, @ObiFett will send you and your matches a group PM letting you know Pax Arcadia has found a group for you. We will only match groups that have at least a 4-hour availability overlap on two days of the week. If you don't hear from Obi, then there were not enough matches for your availability and console to form a Raid Team from Pax Arcadia. You can still look at the results page and form a partial group, if you want. If this happens, please let Obi know so he can update the spreadsheet.

IF YOU NEED MORE RAID FIRETEAM MEMBERS: Use the availability results page to see who fits your group's schedule. Obi will do his best to keep the results page organized by console. If you find a member or form a group through the results page, please let him know so he can remove the names from the spreadsheet.

We will use the same form and results page each week; please keep your availability as current as possible if you're looking to take advantage of the Raid Finder. Every Monday, we will update the form, clear out the results spreadsheet, and make a post letting everyone know to fill out the form again. If you want to raid and don't have a group, make sure you fill out the form each week!

Getting Started

Have questions about leveling, resources, game modes, etc.? Here's a "Getting Started" guide that should provide some answers: http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/destiny-getting-started-guide/

Unsure how to progress once you hit level 20? Check out this guide: http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/destiny-getting-started-guide/
(And by the way, when you start dismantling weapons and armor that you don't need, keep in mind that weapons give more Ascendant Energy when dismantled if they're leveled up - just leveled up experience-wise, not with any mats or glimmer invested - while armor gives two or three Ascendant Shards when dismantled no matter what.)

Keeping Track of Things

Check your reputation, marks, and progress toward the weekly cap here: http://www.destinyrep.com

Track your stats - everything you might ever want to know - here: http://www.destinytracker.com

Find Public Events with this nifty tracker: http://destinypublicevents.com

If you can't seem to find a group in the thread, you can try: http://www.destinylfg.net

The Dressing Room

Play dress-up with the Shader Previewer: http://db.destinytracker.com/character

Pimp yourself out with these codes for emblems, shaders, and grimoire cards:
Redeem here: http://www.bungie.net/en/User/coderedemption

YKA-RJG-MH9 (Grimoire: Warlock)
3DA-P4X-F6A (Grimoire: Titan)
MVD-4N3-NKH (Grimoire: Hunter)
TCN-HCD-TGY (Grimoire: Rixis)
HDX-ALM-V4K (Grimoire: Old Russia)
473-MXR-3X9 (Grimoire: Hive)
JMR-LFN-4A3 (Grimoire: Moon)
HC3-H44-DKC (Grimoire: Gjallorhorn)
69P-KRM-JJA (Grimoire: Duke MK.44)
69P-VCH-337 (Grimoire: The Tower)
69R-CKD-X7L (Grimoire: Ogre)
69R-DDD-FCP (Grimoire: Valley of the Kings, Mars)
69R-F99-AXG (Grimoire: The Fallen)
69R-VL7-J6A (Grimoire: Red Death)
69X-DJN-74V (Grimoire: The Cabal)
6A7-7NP-3X7 (Grimoire: The Devastated Coast)
6A9-DTG-YGN (Grimoire: Vex Minotaur)
7F9-767-F74 (Emblem: Sign of the Finite)
FJ9-LAM-67F (Emblem: Binding Focus)
JD7-4CM-HJG (Emblem: Illusion of Light)
JDT-NLC-JKM (Emblem: Ab Aeterno)
JNX-DMH-XLA (Emblem: Field of Light)
7CP-94V-LFP (Emblem: Lone Focus, Jagged Edge)
X4C-FGX-MX3 (Emblem: Note of Conquest)
X9F-GMA-H6D (Emblem: The Unimagined Plane)
N3L-XN6-PXF (Emblem: The Reflective Proof)
A7L-FYC-44X (Emblem: Flames of Forgotten Truth)
7MM-VPD-MHP (Shader: Double Banshee)
RXC-9XJ-4MH (Shader: Oracle 99)

And finally, as always::

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
GMaster7 on

• Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    sniff...sniff....is this a new thread I smell?!

Also, re-installing Destiny takes forever!

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    BillyIdle wrote: »

Installing it on the white PS4 that you got from Taco Bell, or on the same system as before? Saw that you were on tonight and kept trying to get you into the group, but you just sat there in orbit like your ship was all out of space-fuel.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    caligynefobcaligynefob DKRegistered User regular
    What's the custom for new raiders? I would like to take a stab at the normal VoG but i haven't got a mike, so communication would non-existent.

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
  • Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »

Installing it on the white PS4 that you got from Taco Bell, or on the same system as before? Saw that you were on tonight and kept trying to get you into the group, but you just sat there in orbit like your ship was all out of space-fuel.

Same console! Gf is keeping the white one. Cannot stress the relief that my characters remained after I deleted the disc download.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Shoebox: "Oh... Suros Regime. I've heard good things about that. I'm only 2 coins away. I guess I'll run things that might get me one (engrams, Crucible, Public Events) and maybe I'll get lucky..."

Later that night...

Not only did I NOT earn even one of the two coins, I also failed to receive even one blue Fusion Rifle towards Pocket Infinity. I feel like they put a finger on the loot table scales when Xur is here to make sure you get NOTHING.

• Options
    Evil MonkeyEvil Monkey Grover beachRegistered User regular
    Shoebox: "Oh... Suros Regime. I've heard good things about that. I'm only 2 coins away. I guess I'll run things that might get me one (engrams, Crucible, Public Events) and maybe I'll get lucky..."

Later that night...

Not only did I NOT earn even one of the two coins, I also failed to receive even one blue Fusion Rifle towards Pocket Infinity. I feel like they put a finger on the loot table scales when Xur is here to make sure you get NOTHING.

I pulled 3 coins under an hour trying for motes so they didn't put a finger in it.

Evil%20MonQey.jpg
  • Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    I like that Iron Banner news: no reset of ranks for the moment, they will go up to rank 5; bounties will be tuned so that they are not impossible; losing gives you medallions that give rep as soon as you win again; level 30 gear; more weapons; rerolling of stats on weapons for motes; gear will matter more.

I found that a very encouring update!

The only thing that's a bit iffy is that they hope to get it done before the end of the year, so it's not for next week or so, but at least it's something to look forward to!

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    Welp. Back to grinding for Dead Orbit. Gotta get those rank 10 and 15 shaders!

• Options
    caligynefobcaligynefob DKRegistered User regular
    I love this game, I really do. But goddamn do they need to adjust the drop rates. This marked the third match in a row with me in the first place with jack shit for rewards.

jswnjv50ia8r.jpg

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular

Wait... what now?

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

Wait... what now?

The thought of grinding ANY faction to level 10 fills me with dread.

In other news, I started up a Warlock alt because I had some high level equipmunk for one, including the teeth exotic chest. I noticed that you can swap class divisions immediately, so I decided that I'll start leveling Sunsinger early based on all the awesome revive action I've seen in strikes and raids. Turns out it's very hard to be a level 5 Singer fighting level 7 Hive in the Last Array mision with just the one solar grenade and special!

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options

Wait... what now?

On the last thread someone posted a video that showed 2 dead orbit shaders someone obtained at level 10 and 15.

I'm almost halfway to 9 so it shouldn't be too long for me to report back next week if it ends up being true.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Bursar wrote: »

Wait... what now?

The thought of grinding ANY faction to level 10 fills me with dread.

Now that I am a person who can do the nightfall... It seems less crazy. Though not by much, might as well use it for something.

• Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular

Wait... what now?

On the last thread someone posted a video that showed 2 dead orbit shaders someone obtained at level 10 and 15.

I'm almost halfway to 9 so it shouldn't be too long for me to report back next week if it ends up being true.

I'm pretty sure the shaders are totally random in the care packages. I'd love to be wrong, though.

• Options
    Crayon wrote: »

Wait... what now?

I'm pretty sure the shaders are totally random in the care packages. I'd love to be wrong, though.

After some research that looks to be the case. Either way, they are my colors so I will keep trying! Also, the new raid gear (crota) was supposedly leaked and looks baller!

• Options
    CelianCelian Registered User regular
    Welp... the Vanguard saw it fit to send me Hunter legs when I reached another rank with them. I think I can make a lvl 29 Hunter with all the crap in my bank. Guess I have to get on that now.

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    From the Bungie Weekly Update:
    In the next Iron Banner, new exclusive reward Armor will be bumped to Level 30, but will still only be available in two slots. For advanced players, this will make them viable functional or visual sidegrades.
    I hope this is retroactive, because I love my IB armor and gauntlets.

• Options
    I don't know how I feel about the pvp/pve parity really, but that has to do with bungie not making any clear distinction between the two. I suppose I'm mostly okay with it, just something doesn't sit right that I can't put into words right now.

What I know I don't like is pve feeling like it's been put on the backburner. Like I said, Bungie's use of the word soon would make Blizzard jealous.

I guess, overall, I just don't like the wording in all of the weekly updates, it's all filled with cryptic nonsense and filler. But, I also understand that when they're ready to talk they'll talk and that filler is better than darkness in the end.

• Options
    I put the following theory to you: Eva Levante is a drug runner and her shop is a front.

Firstly, her most popular product, shaders, are basically ignored.
    Secondly, she wants information on all sorts of weird shit, like Cabal Defensive grids, things with no bearing on selling clothes dye and pins and badges.

I think this will be the third DLC.

• Options
    Arteen wrote: »
    In the next Iron Banner, new exclusive reward Armor will be bumped to Level 30, but will still only be available in two slots. For advanced players, this will make them viable functional or visual sidegrades.

I doubt it is retroactive.

New exclusive reward armour.

Emphasis on new,.:/

Remember the bungie fix philosophy - will this waste or make redundant the players' time and or effort? It will? Perfect!

• Options
    CelianCelian Registered User regular
    I don't know how I feel about the pvp/pve parity really, but that has to do with bungie not making any clear distinction between the two. I suppose I'm mostly okay with it, just something doesn't sit right that I can't put into words right now.

What I know I don't like is pve feeling like it's been put on the backburner. Like I said, Bungie's use of the word soon would make Blizzard jealous.

I guess, overall, I just don't like the wording in all of the weekly updates, it's all filled with cryptic nonsense and filler. But, I also understand that when they're ready to talk they'll talk and that filler is better than darkness in the end.

I don't really see it as them aiming for parity. PvP centric players have little needs to be level 30. As it stands, the only purpose of being level 30 is an easier nightfall and hard mode VoG. I think it's more that they realized they dun goofed by making only one item allow you to reach 30.

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I put the following theory to you: Eva Levante is a drug runner and her shop is a front.

Firstly, her most popular product, shaders, are basically ignored.
    Secondly, she wants information on all sorts of weird shit, like Cabal Defensive grids, things with no bearing on selling clothes dye and pins and badges.

I think this will be the third DLC.

What I'm hoping is that she is secretly gathering new designs and colors to soon unleash a wave of new styles and shaders, before she demands that we grind rep with the Seamstress Guild, who have been secretly funding the tower all this time*.

*a reference to Seattle's Madame Lou Graham, google it.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »

I doubt it is retroactive.

New exclusive reward armour.

Emphasis on new,.:/

Remember the bungie fix philosophy - will this waste or make redundant the players' time and or effort? It will? Perfect!

And it will cost standard prices so you won't be able to afford most of the items for that week.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Shortly after getting my Thorn, I wound up getting the same bounty choices (Thorn, Invective, Bad Juju). This morning, while working on the 10k points for Bad Juju, I got more bounties but only two. That's because it's the same damn set again. Guess I'll be working on Invective next.

Also, Suros is just ridiculous in PvP. I have a modest k/d typically, but in the three matches of Clash I played this morning, I had 2, 2.5 and 1.5. I'm already halfway through these 10k points, basically. This part of the bounty is a LOT easier thanks to Suros.

• Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    On the other hand, I'm pretty happy that I'll have something to work towards (aside from the ship) next time Iron Banner comes up.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    New and improved Iron Banner. I look forward to more of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G_nnrvajLY

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular

A true champion includes his own death at the end of the video and doesn't cut out beforehand. I'm proud.

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Phaetus wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »
    Finished the raid with @Sousuke @MagicPrime @vagrant_winds and two friends who aren't PA. It was a good run, Atheon was a bit tough at first but we eventually trashed him and took all his shards and energy.

Good run everyone.

Hello everyone.

I wanted to thank everyone who helped on the run earlier today or late lastnight... well whenever. haha It was fun, even though I'm sure I got carried hardcore. Any ways, if you're ever looking for another person to raid with, feel free to let me know.

@Phaetus‌, @vagrant_winds‌, @Sousuke‌

If we want to make team 'Late Night with Pax Arcadia' a thing I am good with that. With wife and kids Friday's at 10 are usually open for me.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Bummer about Queen's Wrath. The emissary's ship was majestic as fuck with those streamers. It would be nice if they had separate special missions for that event, not just missions you've already done a hundred times before.

• Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    What's the custom for new raiders? I would like to take a stab at the normal VoG but i haven't got a mike, so communication would non-existent.

Do you have a PS3? That is the only system which does not come with a mic standard. I am astonished at how in 2014 this can still be a thing.

That being said, sign up via ObiFett's raid finder as instructed in the OP and you should be able to get a crew to run with.

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Every time I decide to play through one of the vehicle maps in control, I'm disappointed that I did. They just aren't fun, win or lose.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I had limited time last night, but the few quests I did I managed to hit Vanguard rank 2 on my third character (titan) and got him the chest. Logged into my main and for some reason had a Vanguard package, popped it and it was the Vanguard legs for my titan. That was probably the best rng luck I've ever had, or only luck I should say. He's got all legendary armor and exotic helm, so if I can get him upgraded he'll be 27/28 tonight.

Sooooooo brings me to the point, I'll be looking to join or start a third raid team. I'd kind of like to just join one since I started at the ground level forming the other two and I'm tiiiiiired. So please sirs, add me to your raid later tonight or tomorrow.

We're also doing hard mode today...so that will either be fun or the exact opposite of that. I'm hoping for the former!

Crayon on
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    @Fondor_Yards‌ and whoever else there was, sorry to disappear with only one message. After the fifth time someone disconnected, my party stopped working and I couldn't hear or speak to anyone else. With all the glitchy lagging the mobs were doing combined with our lack of progress (plus the fact that I'd agreed to raid like four hours before that) it was time for me to crash.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »

A true champion includes his own death at the end of the video and doesn't cut out beforehand. I'm proud.

I mean, did you see that sweet backflip?

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    CleveraliasCleveralias Registered User regular
    Anyone else on Xbone need Xyor ? GT cleveralias

jpg.jpg
    XBox360/One/Steam - Cleveralias
    PSN - The_Vandingo
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular

Later that night...

The SUROS is a HORRIBLE weapon for HORRIBLE people so you're not missing much.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    useruser Registered User regular
    Woo, the gear updates to Iron Banner are heartening. I haven't lucked into a regular raid crew on either one of my 28s, so it is nice to get some 30 capable armor.

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular

Later that night...

The SUROS is a HORRIBLE weapon for HORRIBLE people so you're not missing much.

I am pretty horrible.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    Was jumping across a gap when the game ended.

:/ died. Lost a point in my invective bounty, no pleased.

• Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular

Wait... what now?

Yeah I'm past 15 with new monarchy and I've only ever got one shader from them.

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
This discussion has been closed.