As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Marvel MCU] This thread is wrapped, in some kind of rope or wire. Find the new one!

19596979899101»

• Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    B1DhY7ECYAAkyX2.jpg

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Ant Man is secret part 2 of Avengers Age of Ultron confirmed

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    So uh. Time for a new thread. I have no idea how to collate this info. MIGHT TAKE A WHILE.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Hopefully Civil War isn't as dumb as it was in the comics.

I know Civil War from Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2. Was that one fairly closely adapted from the comics?

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Wikipedia and everything we've heard so far says a phase ends with Avengers, and Ant Man is thus Phase 3

yeah but they confirmed at the event (i think) its phase 2. everyone just assumed it was phase 3.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Bobble wrote: »
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Hopefully Civil War isn't as dumb as it was in the comics.

I know Civil War from Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2. Was that one fairly closely adapted from the comics?

the comics one is shit, the movie will just be the core backbone filtered through the mcu. given black panther is in it might have to do with wakanda announcing itself to the world and then the cap v iron man stuff and ...well maybe the ending too. D:

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    So I think it should be dragged into rumor town that this doesnt bode well for black widow making out alive in avengers 2.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    I fully expect to see Danver's show up as a fighter pilot in the first part of Infinity War and possibly being caught in some sort of Infinity Gem explosion. Open Captain Marvel a few seconds before her getting caught in the explosion, and then her climbing out of the wreckage unharmed, cut to title, flashback a couple days or so to help establish her as a person prior to super powers, and then the fallout of dealing with them.

Really, the Infinity War gives them a ton of room to give people powers in the MCU.

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    Feige confirms stuff we already knew about AoU
    Wakanda is in ULTRON so i guess we know who andy serkis is playing

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    InkSplat wrote: »
    I fully expect to see Danver's show up as a fighter pilot in the first part of Infinity War and possibly being caught in some sort of Infinity Gem explosion. Open Captain Marvel a few seconds before her getting caught in the explosion, and then her climbing out of the wreckage unharmed, cut to title, flashback a couple days or so to help establish her as a person prior to super powers, and then the fallout of dealing with them.

Really, the Infinity War gives them a ton of room to give people powers in the MCU.

I like that better than her showing up in the stinger of A2.

• Options
    edited October 2014

you might be seeing danvers sooner than that. spoilers for future stuff
    she is in age of ultron in a cameo

also marvel are not doing origin stories anymore, at least not in the usual sense.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    So uh. Time for a new thread. I have no idea how to collate this info. MIGHT TAKE A WHILE.

No Strings Attached was a delightful thread title, by the way. Shame it was short lived.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Wikipedia and everything we've heard so far says a phase ends with Avengers, and Ant Man is thus Phase 3

<snip>
    Check again, it's at the end of Phase 2

• Options

you might be seeing danvers sooner than that. spoilers for future stuff
    she is in age of ultron in a cameo

also marvel are not doing origin stories anymore, at least not in the usual sense.

Danvers may be appearing sooner, but I think it'd work just fine to have her be a cocky fighter pilot and then getting caught in the fallout of a later film. She isn't the sort to be like "oh my god, I've got powers? Whaaaaa!" She's the sort that I can fully see climbing out of the wreckage that gave her powers, and flying around punching things within a couple hours. :P

• Options
    ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    well. i'm excited.

Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • Options
    Unfortunately, I don't know if I can be anything but sad when I hear the eventual casting for Captain Marvel, because it probably won't be Katee Sackhoff.

• Options
    If they haven't even cast Carol yet (and there's a lot of time between here and 2017 when they'd start filming I bet), I can see them just having her suited up with her helmet blocking her face for the stinger, if they don't just introduce her in IW1 the way InkSplat wrote.

I can really buy her like that, almost going off like Human Torch did with Galactus to find the ultimate nullifier while everyone's fighting on Earth or whatever.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    4YOpfQR.jpg

this is the poster they were handing out.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Unfortunately, I don't know if I can be anything but sad when I hear the eventual casting for Captain Marvel, because it probably won't be Katee Sackhoff.

Her or Stahovski. Though at this point, Marvel has made me quite comfortable with their casting. I'll take what they give me.

• Options
    Mvrck wrote: »

Her or Stahovski. Though at this point, Marvel has made me quite comfortable with their casting. I'll take what they give me.

I mean, I'll still trust it'll be good. But part of me will always wish for Starbuck flying around and punching aliens in the face while making Star Wars references.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Captain Marvel in 2018?

VINDICATION.

• Options
    I have a feeling Carol is Emily Blunt. I'd like it to be Strahovski but Blunt is a bigger name for a solo movie, unless someone else comes along who's the new it girl like Taylor Schilling?

Or they make it Taylor Swift or Cancer Teen lolz

• Options
    Though, I'm a bit nervous that Wonder Woman is coming out first. I fully trust DC to screw up the first modern female superhero movie. Because Captain Marvel could totally be another Guardians of the Galaxy--the openings for the fun/funnier aspects are right there with Carol. Meanwhile, I'm currently preparing for Wonder Woman to be another Green Lantern.

• Options
    TexiKen wrote: »
    I have a feeling Carol is Emily Blunt. I'd like it to be Strahovski but Blunt is a bigger name for a solo movie, unless someone else comes along who's the new it girl like Taylor Schilling?

Or they make it Taylor Swift or Cancer Teen lolz

Actually, after seeing Edge of the Tomorrow, I would be 100% ok with Blunt as Danvers. I hadn't thought of her.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Though, I'm a bit nervous that Wonder Woman is coming out first. I fully trust DC to screw up the first modern female superhero movie. Because Captain Marvel could totally be another Guardians of the Galaxy--the openings for the fun/funnier aspects are right there with Carol. Meanwhile, I'm currently preparing for Wonder Woman to be another Green Lantern.

It'd be a shame but whatever. Marvel will almost definitely nail it.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Thor 3 need Surtur as the main villain, then we can hopefully get this scene!
    odin-and-his-sons.jpg

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    I am pumped, PUMPED to see a Black Panther movie.

I can remember back in the mid-nineties when Wesley Snipes was trying to get it done...

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    If they haven't even cast Carol yet (and there's a lot of time between here and 2017 when they'd start filming I bet), I can see them just having her suited up with her helmet blocking her face for the stinger, if they don't just introduce her in IW1 the way InkSplat wrote.

I can really buy her like that, almost going off like Human Torch did with Galactus to find the ultimate nullifier while everyone's fighting on Earth or whatever.

She appears at some point in Avengers 2, and they've done most of the filming for that I believe, so she's probably already been cast.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular