As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] of the [chat]

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I fired up the YouTube app on 360 to play Too Many Cooks

About two minutes in, husband said,

"Okay, I think I'm done."

Me: "Nope."

Husband: "No. Really. I'm done."

Me: "No." *tucks Xbox controller behind me.*

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    *does healthcare stuff*

Oh how I wish I was a rich.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    okay packing for the hospital

* 1 TPB of she hulk
    * 2 issues of lucky peach
    * 1 copy of 22 jump street (ipad)
    * 1 copy of acceptance by jeff vandermeer (ipad)

assuming they have wifi, that should be plenty I think

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Ck2 sounds amazing from everything people say about it in chat. What is the gameplay like? Is it like civ, but more granular? Is it like the warlords series?

Neither. It's much more grognardy than the civ series. It's a real time strategy game where you play as a landed member of a dynasty throughout the middle ages.

Its real time? Just combat, or everything?

• Options
    I guess I could take my 3DS but it is lame

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Ck2 sounds amazing from everything people say about it in chat. What is the gameplay like? Is it like civ, but more granular? Is it like the warlords series?

Neither. It's much more grognardy than the civ series. It's a real time strategy game where you play as a landed member of a dynasty throughout the middle ages.

Combat is numbers banging against each other. You, the player, are fairly removed from combat other than controlling the modifiers, and number of troops in the engagement.

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    skooples is babby coming soon

skooples are you going to pax

skooples that video of sawyer talking like santa is kawaii

skooples have a nice evening goodbye

baby is come tomorrow

pax is idk -- I feel like if I want a pass I should speak up while people still have extras but I'm not sure I can commit yet

oh thank you : D

oh no are you in bed already

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular

real time with pause

combat is numbers being thrown at other numbers

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I like to watch numbers bang

but only natural numbers

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    Feral wrote: »

but only natural numbers

Oh

I see how it is

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    I fired up the YouTube app on 360 to play Too Many Cooks

About two minutes in, husband said,

"Okay, I think I'm done."

Me: "Nope."

Husband: "No. Really. I'm done."

Me: "No." *tucks Xbox controller behind me.*

husband is a wise man and you, sir, are a criminal

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    So the strategy portion of the game is the bulk of the game and it plays out in real time? Interesting.

• Options
    edited November 2014

but only natural numbers

Oh

I see how it is

don't make it all complex

just keepin it real

Feral on

• Options

but only natural numbers

Seems rational

• Options
    So the strategy portion of the game is the bulk of the game and it plays out in real time? Interesting.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pepYGRty7k
    SPREADSHEETS

• Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    @stevemarks44‌ i want to see nightcrawler

what are we doing this weekend!!!

@So It Goes

I am going out downtown on Friday with a friend but have no other plans than that. When are you free again?

Also I saw Nightcrawler last night! I don't know how I felt about it!

• Options

I think it would be right up your alley.

You can save Zoroastrianism and conquer Persia. It's the best.

• Options

but only natural numbers

Seems rational

that's the theory

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    dear ipad, stop taking up 5 fucking gigs for "other"

if that's the OS or some shit, tell me that

if it isn't, let me delete that shit

you fuck!

I'm sorry skippy but the computing public had 30 years to learn how to work a computer with an exposed, hierarchical file system. They did not. In 2010 they were still saying things like "the paper I wrote is gone from my word" when it disappeared from the recent documents list. They would regularly "lose" files by forgetting where documents are stored or place everything on the desktop Because the file browser in the save dialog was "too confusing".

This is what you all get now. This is the computing experience you all deserve. A sealed, non-maintainable file system where sometimes 5GB of "other" gets stuck somewhere.

Sincerely,

Every frog rammer

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    This sounds like a game I need to play.

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Keep finding little toy mice Trent had stashed around the house. Everytime I go outside to smoke I expect him to be at the back door watching. Now's about the time he'd be snuggling up asking for a tin of wet food.

:cry:

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    So It Goes wrote: »
    @stevemarks44‌ i want to see nightcrawler

what are we doing this weekend!!!

@So It Goes

I am going out downtown on Friday with a friend but have no other plans than that. When are you free again?

Also I saw Nightcrawler last night! I don't know how I felt about it!

go see big hero 6 you nerds, it is totes adorbs

also I guess it is based on a comic book! I didn't know that

• Options

you fuck!

I'm sorry skippy but the computing public had 30 years to learn how to work a computer with an exposed, hierarchical file system. They did not. In 2010 they were still saying things like "the paper I wrote is gone from my word" when it disappeared from the recent documents list. They would regularly "lose" files by forgetting where documents are stored or place everything on the desktop Because the file browser in the save dialog was "too confusing".

This is what you all get now. This is the computing experience you all deserve. A sealed, non-maintainable file system where sometimes 5GB of "other" gets stuck somewhere.

Sincerely,

Every frog rammer

I wish I didn't know that this is true

but it is

and i cannot deny

• Options
    *sits in closet, roots android, cries and masturbates*

• Options

you fuck!

Sincerely,

Every frog rammer

but I am a frog rammer now

or at least an apprentice

give me the keys to the kingdom

tell me the secrets

• Options
    P10 wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pepYGRty7k
    SPREADSHEETS

That's EU4. Different scope. EU4 is about nations after the middle ages through colonization. CK2 is basically a roleplaying game where you play as a member of a dynasty with the dynasty being the important bit rather than being in control of a country.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    SKFM, this is what battles look like in CK2:

ZL8qQIf.gif

It's a game where making your own fun and narratives is a key part of the experience

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited November 2014

When you aren't ordering troops around to conquer/protect areas, you're spending the time with various menus open trying to marry people to each other, or persuading people to help you assassinate someone, or sending an adviser off to collect more taxes or tell one of your vassals to stop plotting against you.

It's all real-time in that nothing ever happens without time progressing, but you can pause it at any time and look at menus and stuff at your leisure and issue commands and then unpause to see them unfold. Default speed of play has a day's time pass in... something like five or ten seconds, I want to say?

Most people end up playing it as sped up as possible most of the time, pausing whenever they want to issue orders, and only really slowing stuff down if they're managing a lot of troops during a big battle.

Games take a long time to play even on the quickest speed because a full game usually lasts at least four hundred-ish years in-game.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    skippy how goes it.

Also Im going to see Interstellar and Big Hero 6 in the next few weeks likely

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod

you fuck!

Sincerely,

Every frog rammer

tell me the secrets

let me find out

• Options
    u acting liek i haven't played ck2? I'll hook you in the gabba.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

you fuck!

Sincerely,

Every frog rammer

tell me the secrets

don't buy apple products

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

When you aren't ordering troops around to conquer/protect areas, you're spending the time with various menus open trying to marry people to each other, or persuading people to help you assassinate someone, or sending an adviser off to collect more taxes or tell one of your vassals to stop plotting against you.

It's all real-time in that nothing ever happens without time progressing, but you can pause it at any time and look at menus and stuff at your leisure and issue commands and then unpause to see them unfold. Default speed of play has a day's time pass in... something like five or ten seconds, I want to say?

Most people end up playing it as sped up as possible most of the time, pausing whenever they want to issue orders, and only really slowing stuff down if they're managing a lot of troops during a big battle.

Games take a long time to play even on the quickest speed because a full game usually lasts at least four hundred-ish years in-game.

Also, as you figure out what you are doing, and your kingdom gets larger, your playtime to get anything done goes up since you have to check on everything.

• Options
    You can also play as these dudes http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khazars and create Israel really early.

• Options

When we're explaining CK2 to a person, it doesn't really help explain things to link EU4.

• Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    ... i don't know if they were trying to be ironic but a lot of the people who were saying that you can only say inane things on twitter were doing so with posts that would fit in 1 tweet... maybe two.

• Options

When we're explaining CK2 to a person, it doesn't really help explain things to link EU4.
    games are more or less the same in that they are spreadsheet strategy games where you acquire provinces and upgrade them to earn more money to spend that money on your armry and send mans to fight mans so you can acquire more provinces

• Options
    ... i don't know if they were trying to be ironic but a lot of the people who were saying that you can only say inane things on twitter were doing so with posts that would fit in 1 tweet... maybe two.
    if i say anything stupid its me being ironic

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular

you fuck!

Sincerely,

Every frog rammer

Frog Rammer?

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    *sits in closet, roots android, cries and masturbates*

g... go on...

This discussion has been closed.