Options

[chat] of the [chat]

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    i, for one, celebrate a kinder and more humane ludious. this is a golden age for all [chat]kind.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    When President Barack Obama called to congratulate the team, he noted the popularity of the "Mohawk Guy," saying "it does seem NASA has come a long way from the white shirts, dark-rimmed glasses, and pocket protectors. You guys are a little cooler than you used to be."

pfft as if white shirts, dark rimmed glasses and pocket protectors are in any way uncool

im not sure if pocket protectors ever quite made it around into hipster fashion

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    @moniker‌

Grats man!

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    desc, temples fest added weedeater and monarch

home.jpg

two friends just booked tickets

am tempted

I want to go >:l

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    family history: my grandfather was a dissenting politician in the 60s

that was a low point in the family's fortune

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    family history: my grandfather was a dissenting politician in the 60s

that was a low point in the family's fortune

related to emigration?

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Woo! 970 GTX installed!

Purring like a kitten.

Who has two thumbs and just got into the modern graphics era? THIS GUY!

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    oh my god none of those band names can be real what is this cruel jape

"bongzilla"? "goatsnake"? "portal"?

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »

home.jpg

am tempted

How will they choose between goatwhore and goatsnake

I haven't listened to between the buried and me in forever

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    The joker sparing a Bacon painting was admittedly a good touch

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular

i'm making a note here

huge success

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    no we were just banished to the hinterlands

the only person to emigrate was my dad weirdly enough

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    metal band names are the best

also metal band name fonts

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    POSTING FROM NEW COMPUTAR LEL
    it looks like this

image.php.jpg

is very boring tower hoho

first time i turned it on it didnt boot and i was like uhhh

so i hard reset it
    then it says

"overclocking failed"

it turns out they actually underclocked the ram because ddr4 3000mhz ram is currently unstable with most bioses, and are waiting for a bios update which they will notify me of

but still i nearly had a moment where i was like WTFAAAAAAAAAK

specs are dis
    Case FRACTAL DEFINE R4 BLACK PEARL QUIET MID-TOWER CASE
    Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Six Core Processor i7-5930K (3.5GHz) 15MB Cache
    Motherboard ASUS® X99-S: ATX, HSW-E CPU, USB 3.0, SATA 6 GB/s
    Memory (RAM) 16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X PREDATOR QUAD-DDR4 3000MHz X.M.P (4 x 4GB)
    Graphics Card 4GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980 - 1 DVI, 1 mHDMI, 3 mDP - 3D Vision Ready
    1st Hard Disk 240GB KINGSTON HYPERX 3K SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 555MB/sR | 510MB/sW)
    2nd Hard Disk 2TB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 64MB CACHE
    1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
    Power Supply CORSAIR 650W CS SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
    Processor Cooling Corsair H100i Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
    Thermal Paste ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    When President Barack Obama called to congratulate the team, he noted the popularity of the "Mohawk Guy," saying "it does seem NASA has come a long way from the white shirts, dark-rimmed glasses, and pocket protectors. You guys are a little cooler than you used to be."

"sorry that putting humanity on the moon wasn't fuckin good enough."

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Hey Ronya, in my limited readings of South Korea in the post war period, it's implied that the heads of the Chaebols who donated did so with the specter of potential violence over there heads. Is that consistent with sources you've seen?

Yes. It does go beyond violence into asserting that a number of executives were expropriated, disappeared, or killed, with some hazy relation to how successfully they were realizing export objections and/or an appropriate degree of political deference. And these are the approving sources! The disapproving ones can be quite insistent about just how much murderin' there was going on.

That sounds consistent with what I'd expect of a military junta and a military leader who comes to power after. I have a very limited sampling of US sources on it but most of them seemed to be way more focused on the reversal of South Korea becoming the industrial power with North Korea's decline. But these were sources written in the 80's by some people with serious anti-communist leanings.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    I really want to see Portal because they put a lot of effort into their occult, onstage presence

tumblr_loyc4pgS2q1qf26hdo1_500.jpg

Portal-13-e1321171403514.jpg

• Options
    i prefer the monolithic towers to anything else available

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    I liked the part where Batman swept the parade with Gatling guns on his batwing because not killing people is more of a guideline

I liked the part where Batman killed the Joker rather than let him escape via helicopter because that is goddamn sensible the Joker is a unrepentant mass murderer.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    syndalis wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    @syndalis‌ don't do any co-op without me. I want to get a feel for the game, and then I can feel comfortable jumping into multi. And maybe will be ready to join up. Also, my roommate last night: "Oh, I thought you were watching a movie."

I laughed.

I am not touching the co op and multi missions for this reason.

And yes, the game is unreasonably pretty. I still feel like the bulk of the complaints have to be the PS4 and PC versions. The framerate isn't PERFECT, but this is not a poorly designed game by a mile, and the look and feel of it feels miles away from rushed.

I haven't played enough in a day to have something substantial to say about it. I've just done a lot of walking, because the interior spaces are ridiculous. And I need to do a bit more freerunning, because this feels like the biggest improvement in platforming since 1. My dude feels incredibly more agile, and I want to see if my very positive impression of the run up/run down mechanic holds up.

And yeah, the frame rate is slow sometimes; I've see a few people fall through the ground, and recorded a video of that. It was pretty funny, but hopefully it'll be fixed soon. How that enrages depends on how you feel about non-gamebreaking bugs and the status of your framerate religion. Maybe I'll run into something that really sets me off, who knows.

It took a bit to get used to the new freerunning. And I am still having trouble doing those jumps where you push off from a wall to get a ledge opposite to it.

But in the city traversal? Having a "down" button is the greatest shit EVER. It was legitimately more fun just scaling down a bigass church than it was looking for a hay bale way below.

I ignore all info and marketing on games I know I'm going to play, so I didn't know about this even though I'm sure they talked about it endlessly, but it looks like they fixed my biggest problem with freerunning in the series.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options

Portal is a priceless jewel you uncultured reprobate

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    sercheque how many lights does it have

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Schek stealing my thunder.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited November 2014
    @syndalis‌ don't do any co-op without me. I want to get a feel for the game, and then I can feel comfortable jumping into multi. And maybe will be ready to join up. Also, my roommate last night: "Oh, I thought you were watching a movie."

I laughed.

I am not touching the co op and multi missions for this reason.

And yes, the game is unreasonably pretty. I still feel like the bulk of the complaints have to be the PS4 and PC versions. The framerate isn't PERFECT, but this is not a poorly designed game by a mile, and the look and feel of it feels miles away from rushed.

I haven't played enough in a day to have something substantial to say about it. I've just done a lot of walking, because the interior spaces are ridiculous. And I need to do a bit more freerunning, because this feels like the biggest improvement in platforming since 1. My dude feels incredibly more agile, and I want to see if my very positive impression of the run up/run down mechanic holds up.

And yeah, the frame rate is slow sometimes; I've see a few people fall through the ground, and recorded a video of that. It was pretty funny, but hopefully it'll be fixed soon. How that enrages depends on how you feel about non-gamebreaking bugs and the status of your framerate religion. Maybe I'll run into something that really sets me off, who knows.

It took a bit to get used to the new freerunning. And I am still having trouble doing those jumps where you push off from a wall to get a ledge opposite to it.

But in the city traversal? Having a "down" button is the greatest shit EVER. It was legitimately more fun just scaling down a bigass church than it was looking for a hay bale way below.

I ignore all info and marketing on games I know I'm going to play, so I didn't know about this even though I'm sure they talked about it endlessly, but it looks like they fixed my biggest problem with freerunning in the series.

I don't recall them talking so much about it, and I did follow a bit of the marketing, so I was pleasantly surprised.

And as much fun as it was counter-killing then killchaining dozens of people in Black Flag, I am super glad to be back at a point where 3-4 people fighting you is a legitimate threat and you better be parrying all the time.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options

home.jpg

am tempted

come Bristol and we'll get a kvlt on

• Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    So, [chat], if I finally pull the trigger on the Xbone, do I get the Kinect version or the Kinect-less version?

Like, we dropped cable-TV at home, so I feel like the "command your media via voice" stuff might be a waste, but I know there's other stuff you can do with it. Also, I don't have my Xbox hooked up to my TV; it's at my desk, so I feel like that would probably give the Kinect issues with how close I am to it.

Wat do?

• Options
    i like the part where the joker kills himself through sheer force of will while paralyzed so batman will be framed

• Options
    edited November 2014
    I would strategize my movements to see: Portal, Impetuous Ritual, Grave Miasma, Nails, Converge, Sunn.

I have a vague memory of skitsystem as serviceable crust punk? And I liked Pig Destroyer in general in the past but none of the recent releases have really compelled me to buy.

desc on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

"sorry that putting humanity on the moon wasn't fuckin good enough."

To be fair, the last time NASA attempted to be hip and fun it involved bringing a golf ball and a club to the moon. 'twas awkward.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-FxhCZold0

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    it looks like this

image.php.jpg

so i hard reset it
    then it says

"overclocking failed"

it turns out they actually underclocked the ram because ddr4 3000mhz ram is currently unstable with most bioses, and are waiting for a bios update which they will notify me of

specs are dis
    Graphics Card 4GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980 - 1 DVI, 1 mHDMI, 3 mDP - 3D Vision Ready
    1st Hard Disk 240GB KINGSTON HYPERX 3K SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 555MB/sR | 510MB/sW)

Looks like we're case twinsies. Well, more like a case family with the rest of chat. I recommend that you find the setting in your mb BIOS to turn off the LED, because it is bright as fuck.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    I would strategize my movements to see: Portal, Impetuous Ritual, Grave Miasma, Nails, Converge, Sunn.

I have a vague memory of skitsystem as serviceable crust punk? And I liked Pig Destroyer in general in the past but none of the recent releases have really compelled me to buy.

Bolzer, Martyrdod and Trap Them are essential too

• Options

this is a whole new side of you

why are you not blasting metal while we raid

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    guys don't you ever get tired of judging other people's choice of clothing and fandom so harshly?

Doesn't it ever just beat you down? Can't we just live and let live?

No

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I asked a teacher what the opposite of a miracle was and she, without thinking, I assume, said it was an act of God.
    You shouldn't say something like that to the kind of kid who will grow up to be a writer; we have long memories.
    also, you can see how fucking loud the mic was by where i had to hold it

christ it felt ridiculous

didn't you have a sound check

haha, we didn't even know the order we were going on

i was literally writing my setlist and they were like "and please welcome to the stage, Tav" and I had to run up real hurriedly

this makes me itch

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    So, [chat], if I finally pull the trigger on the Xbone, do I get the Kinect version or the Kinect-less version?

Like, we dropped cable-TV at home, so I feel like the "command your media via voice" stuff might be a waste, but I know there's other stuff you can do with it. Also, I don't have my Xbox hooked up to my TV; it's at my desk, so I feel like that would probably give the Kinect issues with how close I am to it.

Wat do?

Its useful for quick and dirty stuff, even without the TV.

Like, "xbox mute" "xbox pause" "xbox volume down" "xbox record that" "xbox bing... breaking bad (will show you all the places you can watch it including all your streaming services, and a one click jump direct to the show inside the app)"

Also, auto login is neat. Summer watching TV, I can step in, it sees me and signs me in... I can tell the xbox to go home and show my stuff and all my icons pop up on screen. It's all pretty seamless.

There have been very few games that really make it worthwhile though. For me, it has been nice while playing a game to be able to control the volume (or mute it) without having to pause, put the controller down, etc.

There is no one thing that says you NEED it, but its a bunch of minor quality of life things that I feel add up to a nice package.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    cptrugged wrote: »
    I really like that guy's shirt actually.

really?

Yeah, I mean. It's a bit busy. But pin up art is my thing. Almost all of my t-shirts have pin up art on them.

Like, half-naked ladies?

Weird.

Kinda sorta. Mostly stuff like this:

NSFW-ish

I own all of those except the last one. This guy was my favorite pin up artist for a long time. He's pretty much dropped his apparel business and makes custom knives and shit now. Dissappointing. But I wore that CCCP shirt constantly.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    it looks like this

image.php.jpg

so i hard reset it
    then it says

"overclocking failed"

specs are dis

Looks like we're case twinsies. Well, more like a case family with the rest of chat. I recommend that you find the setting in your mb BIOS to turn off the LED, because it is bright as fuck.

59a.jpg

Best case

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

this is exactly why i picked it

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    it looks like this

image.php.jpg

so i hard reset it
    then it says

"overclocking failed"

specs are dis

Hahaha I came here to make this exact post. Same exact case, LED was stupid bright. It's the best case aside from its size. All full of soundproofing, especially with that front panel closed.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options

But enough about ideal government buildings, eddy

What do you think about computer case design

This discussion has been closed.