Options

The Secret World - Legends out 6/26/17

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Been a while since I've done NM but I need to start doing 'em again. Needs that bullion!

I should probably build some other loadouts. I have like almost 1k bb

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Been a while since I've done NM but I need to start doing 'em again. Needs that bullion!

I should probably build some other loadouts. I have like almost 1k bb

I'm not even done getting my initial DPS gear up to 1.4.

I suppose I should look into revising my main NM and soloing build too, before I start dropping tons of bullion on weapons to upgrade.

• Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Really enjoying this game so far. Would I be correct in assuming that I should have all QL3 talismans before I head into Savage Coast?

I am doing the
    mission involving the theme park and the mobs during the first encounter tear me apart after a bit

My current talismans range from QL1-3, I think. Maybe 1-2. So I've gone back to Kingsmouth to do some quests I missed. Will I need to do Polaris to really be comfortable in Savage Coast?

(Apologies to the person I spoke with in #PA awhile back about pairing up... I keep forgetting to give a shout in #PA :bigfrown: )

Zetx on
  • Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Zetx wrote: »
    Really enjoying this game so far. Would I be correct in assuming that I should have all QL3 talismans before I head into Savage Coast?

I am doing the
    mission involving the theme park and the mobs during the first encounter tear me apart after a bit

My current talismans range from QL1-3, I think. Maybe 1-2. So I've gone back to Kingsmouth to do some quests I missed. Will I need to do Polaris to really be comfortable in Savage Coast?

(Apologies to the person I spoke with in #PA awhile back about pairing up... I keep forgetting to give a shout in #PA :bigfrown: )

If you did all the quests in Kingsmouth, you should def have all QL3 (maybe a 2 or two).

• Options
    Oh, and I HIGHLY recommend joining #sanctuary. Lots of really helpful players in there.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, I'm working on finishing Kingsmouth now instead of pushing forward. Hadn't done any of Norma's quests before leaving the first time and all. Soloing the Presenter gave me a false sense of readiness.

Zetx on
  • Options
    Zetx wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm working on finishing Kingsmouth now instead of pushing forward. Hadn't done any of Norma's quests before leaving the first time and all. Soloing the Presenter gave me a false sense of readiness.

I'm sitting at the entrance to the next area. Have you done the skatepark/junkyard/airfield/bridge quests yet?

• Options
    I haven't done the junkyard or bridge ones. I think I've done the airfield.

• Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    So I'm playing this game for the first time again in a few years with my sister and I have no idea where to begin deck-wise. Where can I find current, viable, player made decks for the game? Nothing I've put into google has come up with anything useful.

Right now I'm thinking about AoE DPS (hammer/shotgun) and my sister with fist/pistol (since she loves healing). Are these two combinations viable for questing? We just started so we aren't dedicated to anything other than roles which fit our preferences (DPS and Healing).

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Is Blade/Chaos still considered a good tanking build? That's what my guy was. I had just finished Kingsmouth I think. Was about to do the first instance.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Make sure you have Breakdown and Agitator in your passives, as well as a high hate builder (and probably the passive that goes with it) and you should be good.

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    November Game Director Letter

Issue 10 "first half of December."

New Christmas event chain, starting later this month (third week-ish).

• Options
    I missed out on the previous holiday stuff, besides slaying a few Krampus, so I am excited.

• Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    I've got two friends just getting into the game. Hurray for grouping!

• Options
    Ugh, so I've been trying to log in for more than an hour. The launcher scans the files and then gets to 2/4 PAtching local files, but nothing happens, I can't repair the game, can't patch files, can't launch. It just sits there. If I select repair it says 'repair pending' but nothing happens.

Anyone encounter this problem?

• Options
    I haven't encountered that, but you should try Funcom's live chat service on their website.

• Options
    Known issue. I was able to get in though, so you can keep trying or wait a little more.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    So issue 10 is coming out soon? Looks cool. Wonder if not doing anything in issue 9 will make issue 10 very difficult.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Stragint wrote: »
    So issue 10 is coming out soon? Looks cool. Wonder if not doing anything in issue 9 will make issue 10 very difficult.

If you haven't been playing a lot of Tokyo missions, then you won't have gotten your AEGIS upgraded very much. So yeah, it would probably be more difficult. Although if you have SP dumped into the AEGIS SP slots that should make up for it.

EDIT: One of the subscriber items of the month is an exclusive weapon skin... hmm...

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I should probably do issue 9 at some point, instead of just logging in for the raid

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So other than the london shops, decks and the cash shop, where else can I get outfit pieces?

• Options
    So other than the london shops, decks and the cash shop, where else can I get outfit pieces?

Achievements.

• Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    I should probably do issue 9 at some point, instead of just logging in for the raid

I want to do raids, but Noobmares are scheduled at like, 6 in the morning where I live.

• Options
    OjSX7th.png

• Options
    Issue 10 is out for subscribers. It will be out for everyone else in three days.

Article for the issue here as well as in the second post of the OP.

AEGIS personal shields introduced- will post more later.

• Options
    Kaidan feels like a whole zone now, with the added area. New mobs can be pretty tough even with 1.4 AEGIS gear.

Working on story mission now. Investigations!

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Anyone want to rush through the issue 9 story stuff with me? I wanna see what it is about and such and then grab issue 10 since it sounds way more interesting.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Stragint wrote: »
    Anyone want to rush through the issue 9 story stuff with me? I wanna see what it is about and such and then grab issue 10 since it sounds way more interesting.

You're going to want to level up your AEGIS stuff a bit before trying to move to Issue 10, because the monsters in the I10 zone are a step above the first area of Kaidan.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    I almost think I might have to consider using a different solo build when issue 11 comes around! Nah, too much effort.

Anyone got any idea how the AEGIS shields are supposed to work? My assumption was match the colors again, but sometimes my AEGIS shield just seems to take no damage at all and other times it seems to just fine. Am I missing something?
    The pool in The Clubhouse was super fun. Try to run over all the pods and take everything at once!

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    From what I understand, mobs don't need to match AEGIS types. They just flat out damage your AEGIS whatever type it may be.

I think type only matters for purposes of healers trying to bring your shields up.

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    No, type definitely matters. The symbol beside their health bar shows what type of aegis damage they do, and that has to match your shield colour.

Maybe you're taking damage from the old mobs in main Kaidan. They don't deal extra Aegis damage so your shield won't help with them. The shield only stops damage from the new mobs with the icon next to their health bar.

• Options
    I've never seen my AEGIS shield go all the way down, though. My health always drops before the shield does.

• Options
    They do health damage + aegis damage, and if your shield goes down or you have the wrong type they do extra health damage.

• Options
    Ah, good to know. Thanks Ante. (I still have to complete that mission and get my shield.)

Do we get another three controllers for it, then? And I'm assuming each has to be upgraded separately?

• Options
    3 shields. Separate upgrades. No fast swap slots like the controllers have.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    You can't change them at all during combat, since they sit in your inventory when not in use.

• Options
    Lovely. Figured as much.

• Options
    Anybody willing to run through the Normal Duo scenarios with me sometime? I keep asking in the usual channels and either people aren't interested or I get told to "just solo it" which I cannot.

• Options
    Anybody willing to run through the Normal Duo scenarios with me sometime? I keep asking in the usual channels and either people aren't interested or I get told to "just solo it" which I cannot.

If you see me online and willing to do scenarios you can ask me to do Elite duos with you.