Options

The Secret World - Legends out 6/26/17

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Anybody willing to run through the Normal Duo scenarios with me sometime? I keep asking in the usual channels and either people aren't interested or I get told to "just solo it" which I cannot.

If you see me online and willing to do scenarios you can ask me to do Elite duos with you.

I did the Elite Duos already, it's the Normal Duos I need to check off. After that, I'm down for Elite Duos whenever.

• Options
    wiltingwilting I had fun once and it was awful Registered User regular
    Does anybody know when the screaming demon and other exp boost ring no longer give a benefit? It just says in the early part of the game.

• Options
    Either 1.5 million or 3 million exp, I forget which.

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    1.5 I think.

• Options
    Ah thanks, time to move on I think.

• Options
    Okay folks, the holiday event is live.

I have no details on the 2014 event yet, but you have a message waiting for you when you log in, and it automatically activates the mission.

The Mayans are back (yay?) and so is the Xibalban dungeon. The Harbingers are supposed to be back as well.

Krampus and (Super) Hel are back as well. As far as I know, nothing's changed for these two from last year's event.

In a pseudo-repeat of this year's Halloween, there are party bags you can purchase from the Item Store. The expensive one is meant to be opened in a crowd- everyone gets something, and if the opener hits 10 people, they get a new emote:

/dance_singleladies

No, I don't know why they chose that particular dance. But it's fabulous.

• Options
    Welp, can't get past the first tier of the holiday quest, guess its not meant for new characters.

• Options
    wilting wrote: »
    Welp, can't get past the first tier of the holiday quest, guess its not meant for new characters.

I still don't know what it is, but you can always ask for help.

Join the #event channel (type /chat join event) and ask players there.

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    The new mission is really, really disappointing. And short.

• Options
    I liked the new mission, but it was kind of short.

• Options
    Welp, did the new mission.

Yes, it was short. But I felt really good about being able to solve it!

Love the flute. Gonna have to grab one and not do the mish so I can keep it.

• Options
    Had a wonderful time doing some Lairs with some folks from #Sanctuary. I love doing group content when people are relaxed and all about having fun.

• Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    Is there any info on graphics tweaks? I just got the game and I would love to get into it but all this slowdown and pop in is just killing it for me.

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    Alazull wrote: »
    Is there any info on graphics tweaks? I just got the game and I would love to get into it but all this slowdown and pop in is just killing it for me.

What zone were you in? Sometimes during the events large groups of people joining up and attacking things creates lag for people not even close to the fight.

• Options
    Arithon32Arithon32 Member of the Pinquisition Registered User regular
    Just started yesterday, rolled a Templar on Arcadia. Alex "Arithon32" Skot. Still in Kingsmouth, but the game is really impressive so far. All my MMO experience has been Everquest and WoW, so this is very cool.

vru37z14gk5j.png

• Options
    Arithon32 wrote: »
    Just started yesterday, rolled a Templar on Arcadia. Alex "Arithon32" Skot. Still in Kingsmouth, but the game is really impressive so far. All my MMO experience has been Everquest and WoW, so this is very cool.

Welcome!

• Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    Alazull wrote: »

What zone were you in? Sometimes during the events large groups of people joining up and attacking things creates lag for people not even close to the fight.

It seems to happen to me in any zone. New York (my hub) is usually okay since not too many players are on or doing events, but Kingsmouth is just atrocious at times. I at times have to wait two minutes for the Sheriff's Station to completely load.

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    Check if you are using DX 11. The game can run on it but it tends to bog down, so try running it under DX 9. Pretty sure it's an option in the graphics settings.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    I am a firm proponent of setting "Lighting" to 0 and enjoying the uptick in performance.

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    There's a Power Weekend on, for bonus Black Bullion and other stuff. I thought it would be a good time to get some of that last 400 bullion I need, but LFG has been pretty much dead all weekend. I still enjoy the single player stuff here but multiplayer looks to be more or less gone.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I really need to sit down and figure out some of my other builds some time. I have literally 1k BB, and a bunch of lose kits too

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    So, I read through Funcom's finanacials over the weekend for no particular reason.

Did anyone notice that the company is in a death spiral?

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Game Director's Letter for February

Some of the group content is being pushed back from Issue #11, but they will have a group dungeon version of the Orochi Tower, which itself will be different every time you play it, with a stated 512 different variations to experience.

The new user improvements sound fantastic, with the weapon tutorial teaching about using two weapons, with overhauls of monster kill times, respawn rates and densities, reworking of mission rewards and a lot of other things. The only questionable bit is having fast-travel from animal well to animal well with a "small PAX fee," but with the caveat that when you die you automatically resurrect at the closest anima well. I'm sure all long-time players here can attest to the fact that the straight-line-from-corpse-to-well anima well is rather often not the well you'd actually want to resurrect at.

• Options
    Game Director's Letter for February

Some of the group content is being pushed back from Issue #11, but they will have a group dungeon version of the Orochi Tower, which itself will be different every time you play it, with a stated 512 different variations to experience.

The new user improvements sound fantastic, with the weapon tutorial teaching about using two weapons, with overhauls of monster kill times, respawn rates and densities, reworking of mission rewards and a lot of other things. The only questionable bit is having fast-travel from animal well to animal well with a "small PAX fee," but with the caveat that when you die you automatically resurrect at the closest anima well. I'm sure all long-time players here can attest to the fact that the straight-line-from-corpse-to-well anima well is rather often not the well you'd actually want to resurrect at.

I've heard that maybe when you die, you choose where to respawn, but when you reset you respawn at the closest well. Not sure how accurate that is.

I hope the rework of early content helps bring in new players and stop them circling the drain, but there's very little in this letter that interests me. I've been playing a lot of Marvel Heroes lately and it's like night and day. New stuff comes out frequently, the devs talk about the new systems they're implementing, I know of a bunch of features in the pipeline... In TSW, I know of some more content, but no new features, and the content is so spaced out, and lasts a couple of days. More than anything else I think they need more repeatable content. The Orochi tower sounds good, but goddamn they need new scenarios, and it shouldn't be that hard.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    If you look at their financials, Funcom is going to go out of business. They're already selling out chunks of themselves, and they've pretty much fired their entire leadership team and most of their board. They've got no new games coming out, and their only recent game was the Lego one that didn't perform well.

Hopefully someone buys TSW and revitalizes it.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    That would explain the lifetime membership fire sale email I just got. $70 worth of in game stuff, lifetime sub, full copy of the game, and other stuff for $200

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Well of course Marvel Heroes has tons of content coming out all the time. They've got an enormous licensed property to draw people in with, and they have the monetization of alternate costumes and such down to a science. When you're raking in money hand over fist, it's easy to make more content.

• Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I feel that any company that isn't PWE would be a net win.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

Speaking of, how is warframe going?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

It's going okay... for now >_>

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »

It's going okay... for now >_>

It's got way better attack animations... >.>

• Options
    Well of course Marvel Heroes has tons of content coming out all the time. They've got an enormous licensed property to draw people in with, and they have the monetization of alternate costumes and such down to a science. When you're raking in money hand over fist, it's easy to make more content.

TSW needs to work on its monetisation. I would like to support them, have probably spent around $2k between my 10ish copies of the game and funcom points, but there's just nothing interesting in the store. Around once a month Marvel has something interesting in the store that I want to buy, but almost everything in the TSW store is clothing, and I don't want more clothing. The one thing they've got for anyone who doesn't want cosmetic stuff is the mystery boxes, and after spending hundreds on them I can tell you they're rubbish. I bought one a few days ago with my lifelong sub points, and got a green aug, my hundredth AP boost (when I've got nothing to spend AP on) and my 500th HP anima. Wow. So exciting.

TSW's biggest problem, for me, has always been that they offer so little to bring me back in. Very few events, no daily login bonus, nothing new in the store, no daily quests, and the new content they release is terribly short and not near the quality of the launch content. The monthly game dev letters have less interesting content in them than any dev post in the Marvel Heroes forums.

• Options
    PreciousBodilyFluidsPreciousBodilyFluids Registered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    That would explain the lifetime membership fire sale email I just got. $70 worth of in game stuff, lifetime sub, full copy of the game, and other stuff for $200

I would consider getting it too, if I hadn't just read Funcom might go bottom up soon.

• Options

TSW needs to work on its monetisation. I would like to support them, have probably spent around $2k between my 10ish copies of the game and funcom points, but there's just nothing interesting in the store. Around once a month Marvel has something interesting in the store that I want to buy, but almost everything in the TSW store is clothing, and I don't want more clothing. The one thing they've got for anyone who doesn't want cosmetic stuff is the mystery boxes, and after spending hundreds on them I can tell you they're rubbish. I bought one a few days ago with my lifelong sub points, and got a green aug, my hundredth AP boost (when I've got nothing to spend AP on) and my 500th HP anima. Wow. So exciting.

Well that's a cyclical problem: content costs money to produce. Not making as much money = not making as much content, which leads to making less money, leading to less content, etc. Clothing is less work to produce than scripted missions, so obviously they'll try and make what they can that way.
    TSW's biggest problem, for me, has always been that they offer so little to bring me back in. Very few events, no daily login bonus, nothing new in the store, no daily quests, and the new content they release is terribly short and not near the quality of the launch content. The monthly game dev letters have less interesting content in them than any dev post in the Marvel Heroes forums.

I understand where you're coming from. But short of someone throwing tons of money at Funcom and saying "hire more people! make content quicker!" I don't see what they can do.

As far as Funcom going under, I'm of the viewpoint that they wouldn't be devoting resources to overhauling the beginning game for newer players if they thought they only had a few months or years left.

• Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    Can I beg a buddy key off someone? Google tells me that's what the game uses as a trial system.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options

Well that's a cyclical problem: content costs money to produce. Not making as much money = not making as much content, which leads to making less money, leading to less content, etc. Clothing is less work to produce than scripted missions, so obviously they'll try and make what they can that way.

I understand where you're coming from. But short of someone throwing tons of money at Funcom and saying "hire more people! make content quicker!" I don't see what they can do.

As far as Funcom going under, I'm of the viewpoint that they wouldn't be devoting resources to overhauling the beginning game for newer players if they thought they only had a few months or years left.

The ideal case is that they generate buckets of content as fast as I can play it. If we have to be realistic, I think they need to do a better job of reusing content they've already created. For instance, I almost never go into Solomon Island or Egypt anymore. There are maybe 150 quests and 30 characters (at a quick guess) that are completely unused by players at the end of the game. They could take those quests and areas and make scenarios out of them. Make the enemies as tough as the enemies in novice, normal, elite, and NM scenarios, give oreos for finishing quests, and have occasional augments. It would use existing enemies, quests, areas, and be much less effort than making any new content, but would give difficult replayable content that would let me see some of the areas I used to like.

• Options
    I know a lot of us were hoping that the scenarios were going to provide more content, but they haven't introduced any new modes or maps for that at all. I suppose that's because a lot of people were soured on scenarios because they only did them solo.

• Options
    PreciousBodilyFluidsPreciousBodilyFluids Registered User regular
    Lanrutcon wrote: »
    Can I beg a buddy key off someone? Google tells me that's what the game uses as a trial system.

@Lanrutcon PM me the e-mail address you'd like the buddy key sent to

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    So I just got the Valentines' Day email. Are the "I'm with Him" and "I'm with Her" shirts gender specific? The pictures in the email seemed to imply they were.

edit: guess they aren't. Yay!

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    So I just got the Valentines' Day email. Are the "I'm with Him" and "I'm with Her" shirts gender specific? The pictures in the email seemed to imply they were.

edit: guess they aren't. Yay!

Beat'd, but no, they are definitely not.

Also, they put a new item in for Veteran Points, and a pair of dancing shoes in the Item Shop. The shoes work thusly:

Be in a group. Everyone in the group must have the shoes equipped.

The group leader (and ONLY the leader) can initiate ANY dance emote, and everyone in the group will do it, in sync.