Options

Bob Saget [chat]

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    also pretty much all the food were different ratios of flour and sugar because lolvegan.

they also had marinated mushrooms, which were pretty good, and some quinoa/ kale/ sweet potato thing in a slow cooker that was dreadful.

i reckon that a pretty healthy proportion of vegans are that way because they don't really care how things taste and why wouldn't you be?

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    I feel like the hate-boner for uber and the tech industry in general gets a little ridiculous sometimes.

I see both sides of it. They have great programs and are filling needs, but their cavalier attitude toward regulations and their lack of foresight regarding safety and insurance is worrisome

It's a pretty good idea in the hands of occasional silly geese.

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    It’s that time of the year every student dreads...FINALS WEEK. If you’re like everyone else, you’ve probably been procrastinating on that essay and haven’t even cracked open a book yet. Well, regardless of who you are, here are nine foolproof tips to help you win your finals week!

1. Learn a lot about metal: Metal is one of the most common substances on earth, so it’s bound to play a role in your finals week exams. Knowing everything there is to know about metal can give you the few extra points you need to beat the curve!

2. Use mnemonic devices to remember complex concepts: Here are a few common ones to get you started: LDSTRH6K2U, LINCOLNWASAPRESIDENT, and COLDWAR&&&CSLEWIS. Good luck!

3. Reward yourself after each final with a thousand dollars in cash: You’ve been working hard, so why not give yourself a little something to keep you going? A thousand dollars should do the trick.

4. Only listen to the violin part of the Who’s “Baba O’Riley” while studying: Scientists have proven that students who listen to the violin portion of “Baba O’Riley” score at least 15 percent higher than the average student.

5. No go-karts: Be firm about this. You might think you can study and go-kart at the same time, but you know that never works. Avoid go-karts altogether.

6. No dune buggies: Just like with go-karting, the notion that you can still study while prowling over monster dunes in your badass buggy is patently ridiculous.

7. Drink coffee through your mouth: If you think dunking your fingers in coffee is going to give you that caffeine boost, you’re off the mark. Use your m-hole!

8. Squeeze a rock very hard: Can’t hurt, right? So try it!

9. Learn like the pros by using an Argus GX4 Pencil: Its patented Smoothglyde™ graphite technology will take your test prep to the next level. When it comes to acing your finals, it’s Argus or go home.

@Blameless Cleric these tips from Clickhole are exactly what u need

Can confirm 1, 3 and 8 work well. Do not agree with 5. At all.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    if you dont like inquisition i will murder you

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    Commuting on two wheels is the best

http://youtube.com/watch?v=H_Hs65DGocI

These people should be shot and killed on sight.

"How to act like a moron on a motorcycle" does seem like a more apt description of this video.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Why would you invite a whole building of people to a hipster vegan party without going "hey we're hipster vegans" ahead of time, because you know someone's going to bring a meat-thing.

"there are non-hipster non-vegans? Next you're gonna tell me you aren't building your own Baroque era instrument"

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

Someday I'll get around to playing it -- I wish there was a service like gamefly that didn't suck

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    last night a dj saved my life

That seems unlikely

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    LOL at the scarlet letter on the donuts

BACON PASTRY

BACON PASTRY

• Options
    bacon donuts sound amazing, stupid vegans

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Casual wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    @Casual‌

Christmas come early for you

Clover has an SA80

Does the airsoft version spew casings in wildly random directions so you can get the full SA80 experience of getting burns on all of your exposed skin? And did they subcontract production to a German company to get a version that actually works?

NO!

It was a Taiwanese company. >.>

But seriously two things. Firstly aside from being laughably in ergonomic the L85A2 is a good bucking gun. And secondly my G&G L85A2 is a fucking beast that out ranges everything except snipers.

It just doesn't do single shot so well...

Or shoot NATO standard ammo if it's one of the pre-H&K redesign. And it will do single shot just fine. Wack it on the barrel and sometimes it will let out a random shot.

I'm talking about the airsoft one. Single shot on less than an 11.1v LiPo will fuck the gear box. But batteries that highly charged gradually kill the gun so...

As for the real knw you're being so unfair. All the shit you're talking about was the A1 not the A2. All we needed to make it good was perverted German science. >.>

It's a goofy bullpup design. All of the space guns deserve the mocking they get.

Typical american! You just want to keep the M4 forever.

The rest of the world is switching to bullpups so they must be doing something right. I especially like the tavor. Say what you like about what they use them for but the isrealis know how to make a good gun.

The M4 is a pretty solid design. It isn't prone to damage, it shares commonality of parts with the rest of the AR-15 family which keeps the costs down, and it doesn't jam often. It's one of those things where it does the job pretty well.

And bullpup popularity is because it provides a longer barrel length in a shorter design. In theory it allows for longer engagement ranges. There is some debate about what the engagement ranges will be in future conflicts. The trade off is that they are generally more complicated designs and a pain in the ass for lefties.

With the UK the thought behind bullpups was that APC's were the future of all infantry combat. So they set out to design a rifle that could keep a decent barrel length while being able to be menouvered in the tight spaces of armoured vehicles.

I airsoft with both an m4 and an l85 so I can talk about the ergonomics of both guns at least. The m4 is easier to reload with the mag at the front and the fire selector switch is in an very convenient place to easily select fire with your thumb while still holding the weapon in a ready to fire position. Its a carbine so its not that large but it is more unwealdy than the l85 without a doubt. Stuff like quickly going prone and bringing the barrel up. Basically the m4 is a jack of all trades and master of none. A nice all rounder.

The l85 still has its faults, the fire selector switch can be accidentally hit by your shoulder while aiming and reloading is very unwealdy in comparison to the m4. But to pros are that its so easy to lock it into your shoulder and get those snap aimed shots in ever situation. I never find myself catching the barrel on trees or cover either. Its so comfortable when you're not trying to reload it.

@Thomamelas‌

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    The breitbart review of dragon age is hilarious by the way

• Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    Fact: everyone who ever road a motorcycle instantly died in an accident. Mostly because they flew off a ramp truck to jump over a bridge. But they all looked cool as they did it. So the choice of whether or not to ride a motorcycle is difficult.
    i know someone that road a motorcycle and did not die in an accident...he IS paralyzed now but
    Why would you invite a whole building of people to a hipster vegan party without going "hey we're hipster vegans" ahead of time, because you know someone's going to bring a meat-thing.
    huh? there are people that aren't hipster vegans in the world?

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    Do those donuts have wheat gluten? That's totally not going to fly at vegan hipster con 2014, sorry.

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus

i will ride up the shoulder or bike lanes on my scooter if traffic is stopped

not all that other shit though! terrifying!

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Buying a car is intimidating

I don't have the cash to throw down for a junker (not that I want one anyway) and all used car financing that isn't buy-here-pay-here has regulations on year, mileage, source etc. One of my credit unions will only give financing if you buy from a dealership?

Idk my credit score is getting p decent so I guess I am not optionless but pls

Also I have been waffling for fifty years on what kind of car and what age range

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

BACON PASTRY

BACON PASTRY
    Sounds like a medal of honor, not a scarlet letter.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    one of the worst things are the people who post a recipe for, say, panna cotta, but put less sugar in it because sugar is bad for you!

motherfucker don't eat sugar and cream if you worry about your goddamn weight

don't just drop ingredients in a three-ingredient recipe eat a goddamn mango

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    and generally people who think making cardboard is acceptable

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Remember, Chu

women will think you're more attractive if you have a nice car

• Options
    edited December 2014
    I don't know why that panna cotta recipe stuck in my mind so but

I mean, no, do not try to make the panna cotta healthier that is the stupidest thing I've ever heard

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    But Hakkes the Camry isn't a compact how are you gonna park that thing

u think i cant park motherfucker

I back into spaces all the time g

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    Hakkekage wrote: »

Maybe he's basing his opinion on your ability or the lack thereof to back that ass up

• Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    cptrugged wrote: »
    rockrnger wrote: »
    DA:I seems to wrap up my least favorite parts of RPGs in a nice package but everyone else digs it so I feel bad complaining.

Interesting. What is it that you don't care for? People can not like things.

The main, like can't get over thing is running around. I don't understand why people enjoy this. You spend five minutes going over here to fight the thing when it could be right in front of you. Or skyhold. God I hate skyhold so much. 20 minutes of running around trying to find everyone to see if they have something to say. It could be a menu that takes 10 seconds to check but people hate menus for some reason.

Story wise it doesnt turn my stomach like the rest but it seems a huge step back to the Mary Sue main character with everyone looking at you and going along with what you say vs some of the advances I'm storytelling that have been made. But again everyone seems to like it.

But the whole thing is I hate when someone rags on stuff I like for the reasons I like it so I try not to do it to other people. I just don't get where modern AAA RPGs are going and would hate if they turn into something I don't like.

rockrnger on
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    my neighbor puts about a third of the called-for sugar in recipes and I like them a lot better for it ) :

this is possibly because there's too much goddamn sugar in everything around here though

• Options
    Do those donuts have wheat gluten? That's totally not going to fly at vegan hipster con 2014, sorry.

someone brought one of those italian holiday cakes that come in a cardboard carton and it got labeled "contains egg and dairy". in lowercase, though.

they seemed completely unconcerned with gluten. surprising in retrospect.

i suspect they run in vegan circles and didn't really think about the fact that randoms that showed up might not be vegans.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited December 2014
    I had an amazing chicken salad for lunch today. It was called a "Tel Aviv salad", but googling that gives nothing in particular.

Various roasted root veggies, roasted almonds, bulgur, various veggie leaves (could only identify the spinach), and thin peeled strips of something yellow that didn't really taste anything and was probably just for decoration, but the strips were easily three feet long.

Oh, and chicken.

Echo on
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »

Maybe he's basing his opinion on your ability or the lack thereof to back that ass up

Patently untrue, Chu has been witness to the glorious beep beep of my dumptruck ass backin' up

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    woop woop pull over dat ass too fat

*one hour long video of anime girls*

• Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    yeah, there's definitely a point where there's too much sugar in a thing, but panna cotta? seems like that would be hard to do

I have a cookie recipe that tastes hella better with a cup less sugar than recommended and so that's how I do

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular

"How to act like a moron on a motorcycle" does seem like a more apt description of this video.

Man what

This is pretty typical commuting riding, by definition you spend most of your time filtering through slow moving traffic

I mean, you can do it much more aggressively than this within the law, camera bloke is pretty cautious. The guy ahead of him slightly less so, but the point of the video is that a Diavel is an enormous bike to be threading through traffic

• Options

I don't have the cash to throw down for a junker (not that I want one anyway) and all used car financing that isn't buy-here-pay-here has regulations on year, mileage, source etc. One of my credit unions will only give financing if you buy from a dealership?

Also I have been waffling for fifty years on what kind of car and what age range

Banks/CUs don't want you stuck with a lemon which would mean their collateral is essentially useless, so that's why they say dealership.

Unlike most of frugal financial gurus here on the forums, I still say never go with a junker. Junker's necessitate the ability to have lots of liquid cash hanging about for emergency repairs. A new car is going to be expensive, so you in particular should shoot for certified used. This means you get a decent warranty if anything major happens to the car, but you're not sitting there hoping you don't throw a rod in the junker category and needing another $5000 just to get yourself out of the gutter.

Certified used is what you want chu, not junker, and definitely not new.

• Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    one of the worst things are the people who post a recipe for, say, panna cotta, but put less sugar in it because sugar is bad for you!

motherfucker don't eat sugar and cream if you worry about your goddamn weight

don't just drop ingredients in a three-ingredient recipe eat a goddamn mango

weirdly i kind of prefer undersweetened desserts. not for health reasons; just because i like the other flavors that kind of get lost when the sweetness is too dialed-up

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Do djs all hold one ear of a set of headphones to their head with one hand and use the other hand to spin records

Pro tip you can also pin your ear to your shoulder and hold it in place for extra hand hth

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    a harpsichord.

a harpsichord.

• Options
    kaleedity wrote: »
    my neighbor puts about a third of the called-for sugar in recipes and I like them a lot better for it ) :

this is possibly because there's too much goddamn sugar in everything around here though

you're comitting a crime when you do that to a recipe that consists of cream, sugar, gelatine, and vanilla and little sprinkling of lime juice.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Do djs all hold one ear of a set of headphones to their head with one hand and use the other hand to spin records

No, some DJs use neither headphones nor records.

The headphones came about when vinyl DJs needed a way to bring in a song over the already-playing song while having an opportunity to adjust the tempo and EQ. Hence, the headphones over one ear to make any necessary adjustments before routing the tube thrift the speakers for the audience.

• Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular

Banks/CUs don't want you stuck with a lemon which would mean their collateral is essentially useless, so that's why they say dealership.

Unlike most of frugal financial gurus here on the forums, I still say never go with a junker. Junker's necessitate the ability to have lots of liquid cash hanging about for emergency repairs. A new car is going to be expensive, so you in particular should shoot for certified used. This means you get a decent warranty if anything major happens to the car, but you're not sitting there hoping you don't throw a rod in the junker category and needing another $5000 just to get yourself out of the gutter.

Certified used is what you want chu, not junker, and definitely not new.

Eh, the cheapest is always going to be under 500 and junk it for 250 when it breaks.

Especially if you can do some simple stuff with junk parts yourself.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

BACON PASTRY

BACON PASTRY

TAKE SOME BACON AND PUT IT IN A PASTRY

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Isn't Steam supposed to have some kind of Christmas sale ... presumably before Christmas?

This discussion has been closed.