As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bob Saget [chat]

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    I don't often move aside because I am larger than most people

it is my noble right
    I get used as a landmark at gatherings and concerts.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Having a stable working car gives me way more peace of mind than worrying about car payments each month. I kind of love it. It's lame but like, its my vehicle, and I am paying on it and there is a weird pride in that even though its very classic American Dream BS. But I get it. I can see why people like owning a house as well.

I grew up driving junkers that caught fire regularly and required gallons of oil to run every month so I have a v different set of experiences than people who were given like nice used honda accords or whatever. :P

Yeah you generally have to get really lucky with junkers and find the right 1990 accord that's been taken care of like it was their own child.

Most are like what you and I had, either that or we're just really unlucky.

I've seen certified used ones go for like $100-150 a month. Even a BKer working part time can probably swing that.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »

i have been doing an experiment lately where i try to charge into women before they can get out of my way.

it's been a success so far

YOU MESS WITH THE BULL YOU GET THE HORNS, you yell

tweed jacket flapping behind you as you run

women sprawled on the pavement, nursing corduroy burns from the thrown elbows

using dis 5ever

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

Jokes on her. The men wanted to smash up against her.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Buying a car is intimidating

I don't have the cash to throw down for a junker (not that I want one anyway) and all used car financing that isn't buy-here-pay-here has regulations on year, mileage, source etc. One of my credit unions will only give financing if you buy from a dealership?

Idk my credit score is getting p decent so I guess I am not optionless but pls

Also I have been waffling for fifty years on what kind of car and what age range
    Credit unions finance primarily new cars. They don't tend to like the risk involved with a very used car. I think >3 years new is their cutoff.

I went with a credit union and got a small size new car for less than 20k. My payments are not too much. I did not factor in the jump in insurance required for a new car (full coverage) so that was a bit of a surprise. I have had to put myself on a slight budget to make sure I pay everything and still have money for all my bills and stuff but it just meant that I can't spend frivolously like I used to.

i called my bank in advance and they basically told me that they'd only give what they called "unsecured loans" on really unfavorable terms even though i'm a p valued customer (i have my retirement account + mortgage through them as well as personal accounts). they recommended i just finance through the dealership or take out a home equity loan or something.

so i financed through the dealership at some really low rate, and my bank ended up buying the loan. it was really a really strange roundabout way to get my car financed through my bank.
    I was surprised at how much my bank was willing to give me.
    I was like...wait why??? you know how much I make.
    They were like, yeah but its through the school so we know how much you will make. Then I had to explain to them that its the medical doctors that make that much. Me? I ... I won't make much until I'm 40.

when someone asks you if you're a god... you say yes!

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »

I am ALWAYS the person who moves, because it's polite. If I didn't move, I'd plow into a dozen people every day.

I do too, but I seem to always get into the *both move right* o sorry *both move left* O...o sorry *both move right* srsly bitch? dance of public sidewalk courtship

If this happens and it's a young lady I will do a feint left and yell spin move as I cut back right with the spin

Heisman candidate

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    i have been doing an experiment lately where i try to charge into women before they can get out of my way.

it's been a success so far

YOU MESS WITH THE BULL YOU GET THE HORNS, you yell

tweed jacket flapping behind you as you run

women sprawled on the pavement, nursing corduroy burns from the thrown elbows

yes officer, the assailant was about 6 foot tall

white

might have been named Bartholomew or Ulysses, I can't be sure

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    On that topic, let's talk about the MOTHERFUCKERS who walk two to three abreast on narrow sidewalks and don't even move when other people are walking toward them

YOU CAN PAUSE YOUR INANE BLATHER FOR THREE SECONDS TO LET ME BY SO I DON'T WALK IN THE SNOW YOU SUPPURATING MEGACUNT

When I see people who do that, I just look between two of their heads and walk through the middle.

I'm 6'3" and ~300 lbs, people move.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Isn't Steam supposed to have some kind of Christmas sale ... presumably before Christmas?

You sweet summer child, it's already begun.

...kind of.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I set my gaze above their shoulder on the side I intend to pass and eight out ten times they move away without thinking

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    Buying a car is intimidating

I don't have the cash to throw down for a junker (not that I want one anyway) and all used car financing that isn't buy-here-pay-here has regulations on year, mileage, source etc. One of my credit unions will only give financing if you buy from a dealership?

Idk my credit score is getting p decent so I guess I am not optionless but pls

Also I have been waffling for fifty years on what kind of car and what age range
    Credit unions finance primarily new cars. They don't tend to like the risk involved with a very used car. I think >3 years new is their cutoff.

I went with a credit union and got a small size new car for less than 20k. My payments are not too much. I did not factor in the jump in insurance required for a new car (full coverage) so that was a bit of a surprise. I have had to put myself on a slight budget to make sure I pay everything and still have money for all my bills and stuff but it just meant that I can't spend frivolously like I used to.

i called my bank in advance and they basically told me that they'd only give what they called "unsecured loans" on really unfavorable terms even though i'm a p valued customer (i have my retirement account + mortgage through them as well as personal accounts). they recommended i just finance through the dealership or take out a home equity loan or something.

so i financed through the dealership at some really low rate, and my bank ended up buying the loan. it was really a really strange roundabout way to get my car financed through my bank.
    I was surprised at how much my bank was willing to give me.
    I was like...wait why??? you know how much I make.
    They were like, yeah but its through the school so we know how much you will make. Then I had to explain to them that its the medical doctors that make that much. Me? I ... I won't make much until I'm 40.

when someone asks you if you're a god... you say yes!
    no then they ask me for medical advice and I'm like
    well I could read like 30 papers on your disease and give you a good synopsis of the current treatments
    but there are real doctors who know what to give you

*SIGH* #notthatkindofdoctor

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

it is my noble right

let's meet at the crossroads beneath the old fcc, they say

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    On that topic, let's talk about the MOTHERFUCKERS who walk two to three abreast on narrow sidewalks and don't even move when other people are walking toward them

YOU CAN PAUSE YOUR INANE BLATHER FOR THREE SECONDS TO LET ME BY SO I DON'T WALK IN THE SNOW YOU SUPPURATING MEGACUNT

When I see people who do that, I just look between two of their heads and walk through the middle.

I'm 6'3" and ~300 lbs, people move.

All you have to do is be assertive.

If you move, they'll let you. If you don't move, eventually someone will move behind the other or walk in the snow themselves.

That's their punishment for waiting so long.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options

it is my noble right

let's meet at the crossroads beneath the old fcc, they say
    *nod nod*

• Options
    I used to get horrrrible corduroy burns as a kid.

• Options

I am a polite person who does not like being rude for incredibly minor perceived slights

but this isn't sex and the city and I will godamn shoulder check a basic bitch if they're moving at me in a shield wall formation without trying to move I don't even care that I'll get latte on my coat

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Since I have a nice car now I fully expect all the NYC peeps to plan more weekend getaway trips so I can use it

Guys lets get hiking EARLY AND OFTEN in 2015 u understand

I'm sleeping in your car for PAX k?

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    phone interview with company doing network security analytics + visualization stuff in 10 mins

i know almost nothing about this domain

whee

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    People who stop at the top of escalators
    People who drag little wheeled suitcases around at rush hour
    That one guy who gets some incredibly complicated drink but only when it isn't their round

• Options
    Whenever someone is rude because of a minor perceived slight, I have this insane urge to needle them about it. Just to remind them how ridiculous it is.
    It's a trait that will get me 'ead bashed in one day.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Will, when would you say you became the kind of man who wears a corduroy jacket

• Options
    phone interview with company doing network security analytics + visualization stuff in 10 mins

whee

visualization

or virtualization?

They are... really different.

anyhow talk abou tcloud technology paradigm and ISO and SOX compliance and Disaster Recovery and you'll get through to the main interview.

• Options
    japan wrote: »
    That one guy who gets some incredibly complicated drink but only when it isn't their round

Toursits who stop to admire the sites in the middle of the damn sidewalk

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

whee

Data and Analytics Glossary

Go get 'em, tiger.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Having a stable working car gives me way more peace of mind than worrying about car payments each month. I kind of love it. It's lame but like, its my vehicle, and I am paying on it and there is a weird pride in that even though its very classic American Dream BS. But I get it. I can see why people like owning a house as well.

I grew up driving junkers that caught fire regularly and required gallons of oil to run every month so I have a v different set of experiences than people who were given like nice used honda accords or whatever. :P

Holy bajesus. I'm exactly the same. I grew up getting hand me downs from my dad. And he drove cars into the ground. Car after car blowing up and keeping me from school, work, ect.

Finally, when I had a new steady job and I bought myself a brand new civic. That car didn't have any problems that weren't my fault for 11 years. When I get the opportunity, I'll buy another new car. Cause fuck buying to somebody elses junk ass problems. I'm hate hate hate having car problems.

• Options

People who stop dead in the middle of the pavement generally

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Fun Fact:
    Five trillion people died in the The Great Lizard Uprising of 2352

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    rockrnger wrote: »
    cptrugged wrote: »
    rockrnger wrote: »
    DA:I seems to wrap up my least favorite parts of RPGs in a nice package but everyone else digs it so I feel bad complaining.

Interesting. What is it that you don't care for? People can not like things.

The main, like can't get over thing is running around. I don't understand why people enjoy this. You spend five minutes going over here to fight the thing when it could be right in front of you. Or skyhold. God I hate skyhold so much. 20 minutes of running around trying to find everyone to see if they have something to say. It could be a menu that takes 10 seconds to check but people hate menus for some reason.

Story wise it doesnt turn my stomach like the rest but it seems a huge step back to the Mary Sue main character with everyone looking at you and going along with what you say vs some of the advances I'm storytelling that have been made. But again everyone seems to like it.

But the whole thing is I hate when someone rags on stuff I like for the reasons I like it so I try not to do it to other people. I just don't get where modern AAA RPGs are going and would hate if they turn into something I don't like.

In 5 years, you will be me.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    The breitbart review of dragon age is hilarious by the way

Best line so far is "Mass Effect 2 wasn't a critical success with ordinary gamers either."

No wait there are much better lines but they are all the kind of things a rancid cunt like Milo Y makes his living saying so I guess you can imagine what they are.

"Little to recommend it to the serious gamer."

lol

One of the reasons I didn't link it

• Options
    cptrugged wrote: »

Holy bajesus. I'm exactly the same. I grew up getting hand me downs from my dad. And he drove cars into the ground. Car after car blowing up and keeping me from school, work, ect.

Finally, when I had a new steady job and I bought myself a brand new civic. That car didn't have any problems that weren't my fault for 11 years. When I get the opportunity, I'll buy another new car. Cause fuck buying to somebody elses junk ass problems. I'm hate hate hate having car problems.
    ...... yeah
    I bought a car from my Dad to move across the country
    it blew up like a month after moving
    after I paid a good 3k to him for it
    URGH

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    man what a bunch of cranky old coots

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Since I have a nice car now I fully expect all the NYC peeps to plan more weekend getaway trips so I can use it

Guys lets get hiking EARLY AND OFTEN in 2015 u understand

I'm sleeping in your car for PAX k?

im still not sure if I wanna drive it up there

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    Actually my biggest one used to be the people who'd shoal around the pedestrian crossing at the bottom exit of New Street station, without any of them pressing the button to activate it

• Options
    edited December 2014
    I stop for or go around tourists taking pictures almost always

I also tend to slow my pace and eavesdrop a little whenever I overhear somebody talking about something here being pretty

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

People who walk through a store doorway then stop to look at their phone/shopping list directly in front of said door.

• Options
    man what a bunch of cranky old coots

*brandishes walking stick *

• Options
    What is this funky ass ad on the site now

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Check your burrowing privilege, landshark

• Options
    when evacuating a bar where the fire alarm has gone off, 95% of people will stop right outside the door and pull out their phone or light a cigarette.

I don't actually mind because it's fun to get to get to just put your arms out and drag them all with you

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    The last stall in the row is the designated poop-only stall, right? This is a universal truth of men's bathrooms?

This discussion has been closed.