Options

[nfl] Super Bowl 49: 12 vs 12. No matter who wins, we all lose.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    It was a joke on Sunday after the game and I have purposely ignored super bowI stuff (moer like super bowel lolz), but is the media fully onboard the Wilson revisionist history of that game now?

That he roamed the playing field like a true alpha male wolf?

Nah, they've been busy with Ballghazi the whole time.

• Options
    PriestPriest Registered User regular
    Really, if it weren't for this whole... thing, Seattle would be getting shredded about what a shitty game they played all week. It's like all the air from those balls went right into Seattle's ego.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    It was a joke on Sunday after the game and I have purposely ignored super bowI stuff (moer like super bowel lolz), but is the media fully onboard the Wilson revisionist history of that game now?

What wilson revisionist history? He played like shit and then he didn't, like any story in history the end is what matters.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PriestPriest Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

What wilson revisionist history? He played like shit and then he didn't, like any story in history the end is what matters.

Yes, but pretending like the first 55 minutes didn't happen because of the last 5 is rather... Manning of him.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Priest wrote: »

Yes, but pretending like the first 55 minutes didn't happen because of the last 5 is rather... Manning of him.

or that the first 55 minutes make the other 425 minutes of excellence disappear.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    The most important part is he didn't let the first 55 minutes turn him into a mopey turd (aka Eli, Cutler, etc), he played through it and came out the other side.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular

Actually in every interview he mentions that he had a really bad game but he and the team kept believing and ended up pulling it off. The media has spun it to him being flawless in the game.

Also last time I checked football was about winning not looking good while doing it. Just ask the Packers about trying to be flashy in a game.

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    I just don't see this reverse narrative people are complaining about? I mean most recaps mention he was playing like shit and then apparently the green bay defense fell asleep and he helped win the game.

I mean he is the one who made the winning toss and scored one of the come back touchdowns by his legs.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    to be fair, I haven't heard any Seahawks fan assert that Russell Wilson _wasn't_ terrible for the first 55 minutes of that game.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    The pats better spy Russell with Jamie Collins. Doing that shit with clay Matthews was a huge part of Russell sucking

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Also, leave a trail of skittles backwards from the line of scrimmage to the Seahawks own end zone, confusing marshawn and getting us a safety

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Also, leave a trail of skittles backwards from the line of scrimmage to the Seahawks own end zone, confusing marshawn and getting us a safety

:)
    3dfab50687e9b3c67f9353aa06ee658bd8cab001efbe64329e1f2659e5ecd85f.jpg

• Options
    Jeremy Lane on Gronk: "I actually don't think he's that good"

Lane you trippin

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    We just need to send Gronk to a frat party on Saturday night and make sure he stays there so he's either late to the game or too hungover.

• Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    shalmelo wrote: »
    to be fair, I haven't heard any Seahawks fan assert that Russell Wilson _wasn't_ terrible for the first 55 minutes of that game.

Until that stunning 4th quarter, the Hawks' best QB in the game was Jon Ryan... yeah.

It was maybe 65% Wilson and 35% his receivers. And they pulled it together in the end. If they'd missed that conversion and lost by even two points, the narrative would have been totally different. But they didn't.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    As a Seahawks fan I spent a lot of that game thinking maybe we need to cut Kearse and sign a real receiver...

Then that last TD happened.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    And now you're sure.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Actually yea. We need linemen (d and o) and receivers. They are our weakness

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Yeah I think on Sunday I described our Oline as a "wet paper bag".

As for receivers, losing Tate and Harvin hurt us on the field but I have to trust that they were locker room poison and that's why we let them go.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Really, if it weren't for this whole... thing, Seattle would be getting shredded about what a shitty game they played all week. It's like all the air from those balls went right into Seattle's ego.

I think if this ball thing didn't happen the word "dynasty" would have been printed more times on websites than in a Chinese history book.

Also, the prerequisite picking apart of the same game footage, more old dudes saying what each team needs to win, etc.

• Options
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Actually yea. We need linemen (d and o) and receivers. They are our weakness

I always thought your guys had a good front D line.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular

jaaaaaaaaaaake noooo

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    Yeah I think on Sunday I described our Oline as a "wet paper bag".

As for receivers, losing Tate and Harvin hurt us on the field but I have to trust that they were locker room poison and that's why we let them go.

As a Vikings fan I'm really happy Harvin is missing his chance at another superb owl.

Although honestly at this point I'm about half convinced he doesn't even really want to be in the NFL.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Alazull wrote: »

Actually in every interview he mentions that he had a really bad game but he and the team kept believing and ended up pulling it off. The media has spun it to him being flawless in the game.

Also last time I checked football was about winning not looking good while doing it. Just ask the Packers about trying to be flashy in a game.

They'd probably say they should've tried something more flashy since they lost doing the opposite?

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Wilson didn't have a good game at the beginning there, but it's not like he can mentally force Kearse to stop bouncing balls straight into the hands of defenders.

One of those interceptions he threw into double coverage and he shouldn't have, but the others were pretty damn fluky. And it didn't help that the good throws he was making were then getting dropped (not to mention his o-linemen getting knocked flat on their back in like 3 plays in a row wasn't helping either, good lord).

The lesson you should be taking away from Wilson really isn't those 55 minutes of every possible bounce going against him in terrible weather, it's that after basically the worst experience a quarterback can possibly have he was still totally unshaken by it. Which is a pretty big deal!

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Wilson didn't have a good game at the beginning there, but it's not like he can mentally force Kearse to stop bouncing balls straight into the hands of defenders.

One of those interceptions he threw into double coverage and he shouldn't have, but the others were pretty damn fluky. And it didn't help that the good throws he was making were then getting dropped (not to mention his o-linemen getting knocked flat on their back in like 3 plays in a row wasn't helping either, good lord).

The lesson you should be taking away from Wilson really isn't those 55 minutes of every possible bounce going against him in terrible weather, it's that after basically the worst experience a quarterback can possibly have he was still totally unshaken by it. Which is a pretty big deal!
    Yeah, like they talk about good QBs and corners having short memories? Think about how he won that game. He saw a zero safety look and shifted to a deep 50/50 ball to Kearse 1-on-1 when so far that game Kearse had basically completely fucked him over at every opportunity.

And then he dropped a perfect ball exactly where it needed to be for a 35 yard TD.

We don't win that game without Wilson. Not a chance in fucking hell.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    shalmelo wrote: »

We're delusional, but there's only so far reality can stretch.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    JihadJesus wrote: »
    Kana wrote: »

Yeah, like they talk about good QBs and corners having short memories? Think about how he won that game. He saw a zero safety look and shifted to a deep 50/50 ball to Kearse 1-on-1 when so far that game Kearse had basically completely fucked him over at every opportunity.

And then he dropped a perfect ball exactly where it needed to be for a 35 yard TD.

We don't win that game without Wilson. Not a chance in fucking hell.

From the fake field goal on, an impossible number of things needed to go exactly right for the Seahawks to pull out a win.

That they did so doesn't change just how improbable each individual event was

• Options
    So It Goes wrote: »

jaaaaaaaaaaake noooo

If what they're reporting is true, goodell knew the patriots might be deflating footballs and let them do so for some sort of sting operation instead of, you know, telling them "we've heard rumors, knock this shit off, we'll be checking", and NOT compromising the integrity of one of the three biggest games of the year

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    Wait marshawn lynch's dick is named shawn lynch?
    wow, so apparently he wasn't talking about his dick, he was talking about chris mathews

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2015/01/22/27552/

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    So It Goes wrote: »

jaaaaaaaaaaake noooo

If what they're reporting is true, goodell knew the patriots might be deflating footballs and let them do so for some sort of sting operation instead of, you know, telling them "we've heard rumors, knock this shit off, we'll be checking", and NOT compromising the integrity of one of the three biggest games of the year

I assume Goodell (or whoever took the reports the Colts filed) just ignored it like he and his office do with everything else until it becomes a thing on Facebook and Twitter.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    The game official mentioned something about their efforts to locate a usable football. Shortly after, Jackson noticed that the Patriots were using the Colts' footballs late in the first half. Jackson said it was odd to him that New England couldn't find a football to use, especially in the AFC Championship Game.

D'Qwell denies ever noticing the ball was deflated and now Pats used colts balls in first half? The fuck? Time for some transparency in this investigation goodell

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    The game official mentioned something about their efforts to locate a usable football. Shortly after, Jackson noticed that the Patriots were using the Colts' footballs late in the first half. Jackson said it was odd to him that New England couldn't find a football to use, especially in the AFC Championship Game.

D'Qwell denies ever noticing the ball was deflated and now Pats used colts balls in first half? The fuck? Time for some transparency in this investigation goodell

I think that if Goddell has any moxie, he'll say something along the lines of "No one should have made such a big deal about this." And then the competition committee should change the penalty for using under-inflated, over-inflated, or tampered balls from being a $20,000 fine to being an immediate 10-yard penalty and forfeiture of the right to use their own balls for the remainder of the game.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    BEAST! wrote: »
    wow, so apparently he wasn't talking about his dick, he was talking about chris mathews

Well at least the nfl is going after the real problems.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GigatonGigaton Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I stumbled upon a post from a Seahawks fan blog that went into an analysis of Brady compared to Peyton last year leading into the Superbowl. The similarities they share as a style of QB and how that might spell doom for #12 next week. Obviously the the matchup is about more than just that, but it was still refreshing to see.

Reading that article made me realize how I've heard absolutely nothing as far as analysis from normal sports media outlets about the actual game itself coming up and how the matchup could potentially play out. The only time they stop mentioning the deflate scandal is to bring up Sherman and Brady's beef from last time the Pats/Seahawks played.

Sensationalism in the the media (sports media especially) is nothing new, but with social media playing such a big role in getting the attention of news outlets it seems like these types of stories are more about the "reactions" from people instead of the facts.
    Like seriously, every time shit like this goes down it's usually more about getting statements from everybody and their mom that might be tangentially relevant than to what's going on. It's making a full blown story out of things that would otherwise just be a blurb scrolling on the bottom of the screen.

Gigaton on
  • Options

Yeah, I read that. D'Qwell said he wanted to keep the game ball and never noticed anything about air pressure.

This whole thing is starting to smell like a media circus, since it all started from a "source".

• Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular

at this point the team probably should run around with their hands as far away from their crotch as possible after all touchdowns in the superbowl

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options

at this point the team probably should run around with their hands as far away from their crotch as possible after all touchdowns in the superbowl

Nah I'd say go big dick or go home. Just grab that shit like your micheal jackson. Even get saintly wilson to rub the ball with his taint and then toss it up like ejaculate.

Of course pats fans will be all "What touchdowns?"

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

Nah I'd say go big dick or go home. Just grab that shit like your micheal jackson. Even get saintly wilson to rub the ball with his taint and then toss it up like ejaculate.

Of course pats fans will be all "What touchdowns?"

I refuse to comment because with my luck my quote will show up in the Onion again.

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    What do you think the fine would be if they got cups shaped like roger goddell's face?

Cause they should do that.

Lh96QHG.png
This discussion has been closed.