MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    Wash wrote: »
    Mim were you into Steve Coogan before or after Sarks

'cause if there's a dude I've seen who looks like Steve Coogan it's Sarks

after.

it's probably the only good thing left from our relationship <3

jk jk

Sarks needs to post in [Chat] again so I can yell at him some more for being part of the reason I picked up SimCity at launch

he actually got tired of that and it was one of the big reasons why he stopped posting in chat

he lurks from time to time though

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i know of gin

and wine

but what of u

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    Mim, it seems like your hot is nondescript white guys.

i like idris elba, don cheadle, jason mamoa (oh god yesssssssssssssssssssss), miyavi, some other asian actors i can't really remember at the moment, the middle eastern dude from the mummy, the rock and nerdy looking white guys and tom cruise when he's in a fat suit and bald (i don't know why)

mim likes all the guys, basically

this is like white guys saying they like beyonce

it's like

cmon

I don't get the Beyonce is so hot thing

True story

• Options

i like idris elba, don cheadle, jason mamoa (oh god yesssssssssssssssssssss), miyavi, some other asian actors i can't really remember at the moment, the middle eastern dude from the mummy, the rock and nerdy looking white guys and tom cruise when he's in a fat suit and bald (i don't know why)

it's like

cmon

True story

how. do you not. get that.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    wife is on a big facebook group for new moms in the Chicago area and there have been a couple posts lately from moms that don't vaccinate asking how to get around school requirements for vaccinations (usual advice is religious exemptions I guess, which is, uhhh, what religion is that?)

if one of these dumb fucks got my 4 month old infected with measles (vaccine isn't administered until 1 year) I'd probably go on a sharking spree

"Why don't you stop being such an irresponsible piece of shit?" would be my advice

feel free to post that

my wife basically flamed the ever loving shit out of them

she brings honor to the shark name

You are sure to get through to these horrifying ill-informed parents who are acting out of concern for their children

Certainly your ability to reason and empathize with them may only yield a positive result, and not just make you feel a bit better for a little while

Most folks who do this are not just misinformed they have made a choice against usually their doctor's advice and research and the CDC.

Most of these folks are acting not just on ignorance but willful ignorance and disbelief of reality.

Empathy doesn't do much.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    wife is on a big facebook group for new moms in the Chicago area and there have been a couple posts lately from moms that don't vaccinate asking how to get around school requirements for vaccinations (usual advice is religious exemptions I guess, which is, uhhh, what religion is that?)

if one of these dumb fucks got my 4 month old infected with measles (vaccine isn't administered until 1 year) I'd probably go on a sharking spree

"Why don't you stop being such an irresponsible piece of shit?" would be my advice

feel free to post that

You are sure to get through to these horrifying ill-informed parents who are acting out of concern for their children

Certainly your ability to reason and empathize with them may only yield a positive result, and not just make you feel a bit better for a little while

I don't post on the group, since I'm not a mom.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options

it's like

cmon

True story
    step 1: look at a picture of beyonce

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    FroThulhu wrote: »
    lars going apeshit over piracy when Metallica got big through tape trading was just him being a giant hypocrite, really

Tape trading could get you a few thousand cassettes across the country. Maybe ten thousand... ?

Literally every single person with a computer and internet service being able to download a song you haven't even released yet is... not the same thing.

Tape trading was also how Metallica established a name for themselves when starting out, and why there's about a half dozen Metallica demos/bootlegs before Kill 'Em All that are widely available without being officially released. They sure weren't complaining about lost sales when it literally jump started their career.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

The government should drop the hammer on anti-vaxxers.

• Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    Don Cheadle doesn't really do it for me

he's too slight of frame

Jason Momoa, on the other hand, is too big and muscular for me

but Idris Elba

he's juuuuuuust right

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options

he's too slight of frame

but Idris Elba

he's juuuuuuust right

don cheadle has swagger

especially in the iron man movies

unf, he could get it

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    The underwear models in this Black Sails show are too pretty. The characters don't have straight white teeth, they have perfect smiles. The women are 10s with perfect skin. The men are tanned and have washboard abs.
    0195a301e6c1b529cec123f585ddd5c2.jpg
    charlesvane_zps9pypch1g.jpg

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

feel free to post that

No, you're a shark. :)

edit: This is terrible, btw. Your family shouldn't have to put up with this shit.

• Options
    i'm attracted to nerdishness or swagger

if i met a geek with swagger, i'd probably explode into multiple orgasms

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    And it bans you from using a custom world state.
    Wow, Bioware really went balls out preventing you from modifying your game.
    I miss old Bioware.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    shryke wrote: »

I think they should get rid of the exemptions for kids in public schools, barring like, actual health reasons (immunosuppressed or something?)

• Options
    I super do not get people who are like "doctors are evil and I know better"

or worse

"doctors are evil and this article on facebook knows better"

like you wouldn't think you know better than an architect or engineer about their profession, why do it with a doctor?

• Options

after.

jk jk

Sarks needs to post in [Chat] again so I can yell at him some more for being part of the reason I picked up SimCity at launch

he actually got tired of that and it was one of the big reasons why he stopped posting in chat

Oh I hope it's not because of me, I was just jokingly giving him crap

I legit bought it because a friend in town talked me into it

[Chat] enthusiasm alone would never sell me on a game

I've been burned by this joint too many times for that, especially when it comes to multiplayer

I mean you criminals got me to try out LoL

• Options
    edited January 2015

feel free to post that

edit: This is terrible, btw. Your family shouldn't have to put up with this shit.

In the grand scheme of things it's probably not going to affect us. Just venting, since it's something that really bothers me on a macro scale.

Politics and shit not nearly as much (I married a conservative after all). But people being willfully ignorant in the face of tremendous evidence and the advice of like, every doctor ever, and furthermore putting their own kids at risk as well as others it's just

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Sir Landshark on
  • Options
    'Hail to the V'? Not much boosts confidence like a clean hoohah, I guess.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YPMPgmDS7E

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    God I love the elevator scene in Winter Soldier.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    I dunno who don cheadle is sry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gaIqYEgLYw

• Options

after.

jk jk

I've been burned by this joint too many times for that, especially when it comes to multiplayer

sarks likes things a lot and he gets super hyped and then gets deflated on it soon after he gets that thing, but he haaaaaaates it when people give him shit and constantly run to him like "this was your hyping that made me get it and it sucks DAMN YOU SARKS"

like, chat is good about jokes, but sometimes we take it too far

see: daxon with ketchup on spaghetti

• Options

or worse

like you wouldn't think you know better than an architect or engineer about their profession, why do it with a doctor?

From a lot of the discussions/arguments my wife has had, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of it stems from not wanting to hurt your kids (ie. not wanting to put them through the physical pain of the shot). And it's like, yeah I wish shots didn't hurt too, but I don't cling to unsubstantiated bullshit in the face of mountains of evidence just so i can avoid seeing my kid cry.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    This girl is kryptonite. I need to stop getting sucked back into her life. Я дурак.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

I think they should get rid of the exemptions for kids in public schools, barring like, actual health reasons (immunosuppressed or something?)

I'm pretty much talking about charging them with a crime for it.

• Options

after.

jk jk

sarks likes things a lot and he gets super hyped and then gets deflated on it soon after he gets that thing, but he haaaaaaates it when people give him shit and constantly run to him like "this was your hyping that made me get it and it sucks DAMN YOU SARKS"

totally justified

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Started season 6 of Archer.

This is good.

• Options
    winky still doesn't understand evolution though

• Options
    my school organised shots for us

i have no idea what shots though

we would have been about 5/6?

i just remember all of us comparing bumps where we got the needle in our arm

• Options

it's like

cmon

True story

I just honestly don't think she's that attractive

I mean yes she is a very pretty woman

but she is not omg so hawt to me

iunno no accounting for taste I suppose

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular

or worse

In my case, it's because more than one of my family members have died due to a doctor's incompetence.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options

it's like

cmon

True story

I just honestly don't think she's that attractive

I mean yes she is a very pretty woman

but she is not omg so hawt to me

iunno no accounting for taste I suppose

so who is a hot black woman to you

• Options

after.

jk jk

totally justified

not really. it basically chased daxon off for a really long time.

jokes shouldn't really do that to people

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus

or worse

Thing is, they probably do think they know better.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Quid wrote: »

This is good.

Plump Pam is more fun than Skinny Addict Pam.

• Options

feel free to post that

In the grand scheme of things it's probably not going to affect us. Just venting, since it's something that really bothers me on a macro scale.

Politics and shit not nearly as much (I married a conservative after all). But people being willfully ignorant in the face of tremendous evidence and the advice of like, every doctor ever, and furthermore putting their own kids at risk as well as others it's just

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX3bN5YeiQs

• Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

feel free to post that

Most folks who do this are not just misinformed they have made a choice against usually their doctor's advice and research and the CDC.

Most of these folks are acting not just on ignorance but willful ignorance and disbelief of reality.

Empathy doesn't do much.

It has more to do with trust, really. They question the validity of certain sources while possessing a tendency to accept other obscure, less credible sources, generally due to the belief that the medical community would be willing to poison children if it made them a buck. They have their own sources, doctors who "aren't tethered to big pharma" or the system they believe is capable of poisoning kids, who they trust. They believe these people are more trustworthy partly because they aren't getting rich off what they're doing - which is sometimes false. These bad sources sound right, they do their homework, and appear professional and genuinely concerned.

Like, there are articles, essays, tons of literature supporting the anti-vaxxer movement. Any mistrust and fear these parents had made them vulnerable, but it was the information and its packaging that sealed the deal.

And empathy always does something. I'm sorry, but if you have the high ground and all you do with it is throw rocks at those below you between enjoying the view, you might be right, but you're certainly not helpful.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »

This is good.

Plump Pam is more fun than Skinny Addict Pam.

I didn't mind skinny Pam. But the cocaine shtick was overused.

• Options

he's too slight of frame

but Idris Elba

he's juuuuuuust right

don cheadle has swagger

especially in the iron man movies

unf, he could get it

Cheadle is magnificent in House of Lies. He's Tony Stark without the suit.

This discussion has been closed.