Options

Touchdown Tom Brady is the Greatest Of All [chat]s

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    *sheepishly offers coworker a copy of urotsukidoji*

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    Gim wrote: »
    Sears used to sell house kits.

I'd buy a house kit.

Isn't this basically the same as the Tiny House BS going around right now?

Everything old, new again, yadda yadda

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Wash wrote: »
    P10 wrote: »
    Wash wrote: »
    P10 wrote: »
    how can it retroactively punish me its a super powerful ai not a time machine lol

and if it could, why would it
    because its god and the longer it takes for it to come online and do god things the more innocent people suffer so it needs to create an incentive to create it faster

but if it has a time machine to punish me can't it just create itself with a time paradox i mean jeez

exactly

punishing you solves nothing, it's bizarre and petty

a machine is logical and certainly not petty
    yes its a stupid

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    I talked about this earlier... you guys got to start out with internet infrastructure v3.0

we been beta testing this shit for the world since like 0.5a! All the legacy crap is still in the production environment.

Sweden invested heavily in state-funded backbone cables way before the ISPs wanted to splurge on it. So there's more than just beta-testing.

The same here, our backbones were essentially laid out of infrastructure/education spending in the late 90s. When I started University in 1999 I remember big coils of fiber next to train lines waiting to be laid.
    But I'm under the impression that the last mile technology is essentially the same between NL and the US: copper phone lines and coaxial TV lines that repurposed.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    those sears houses can be worth a ton of money these days

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    But this is just golden for my MacBook Air.

Totally going to not grab the full resolution versions on my little laptop, and will STILL have all my photos, just like the iPad.

qkxha765xdk7.png

is this working now or only on the dev beta?

my wife needs this like crazy. her 128gb air is basically full and i dont really want to shell out for an OWC hard drive upgrade at the moment

Dev beta only. The official rollout is happening in the spring, I think, with a public beta in a month or so.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Shipped by railroad boxcar, and then usually trucked to a home site, the average Sears Modern Home kit had 25 tons of materials, with over 30,000 parts.

Haha, Lord, just send a family 25 tons of materials and hope they make a functioning house. I love it.

We have entire neighborhoods built from houses out of the Sear's catalog just a few miles down the road from me.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    Older, awkward guy at my work gave this younger female co-worker (who he always had this obvious, sad puppy crush on) a like "friendly" copy of 50 Shades of Grey once and jeeeeeez it was awkward being there for that.

She was a trooper. Handled it like a pro.
    Dang I never thought of that

Need to try it

Hollow out the inside of the book. Fit a small jewellery box inside.

The jewellery box contains a single feather earring and a note: "Our love will sore with the eagles."

In your right ear, the second feather earring.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Shipped by railroad boxcar, and then usually trucked to a home site, the average Sears Modern Home kit had 25 tons of materials, with over 30,000 parts.

Haha, Lord, just send a family 25 tons of materials and hope they make a functioning house. I love it.

We have entire neighborhoods built from houses out of the Sear's catalog just a few miles down the road from me.

I wish to go and gawk at their domiciles.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    dropbox and google drive actually both really push me to store my photos online.
    I made some mistake clicking through stuff and they're both doing it from my S5 now.
    Accidental redundancy I guess.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »

I wish to go and gawk at their domiciles.

most of them are the smaller ones and not the big ass ones featured on the wiki unfortunately. Most of the Capitol Heights area are them I believe.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    *sheepishly offers coworker a copy of urotsukidoji*

This amused me.

• Options

I'd buy a house kit.

Basically, only more tons!

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I don't know how much of it has been to put to use since, but in the early 90s there was a ton of dark fiber being dug down together with telephone cables while they were doing upgrades, in preparation for more predicted internet usage. That paid off in spades.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I would love a sears catalog house. Probably not very earthquake friendly though...

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    I don't know how much of it has been to put to use since, but in the early 90s there was a ton of dark fiber being dug down together with telephone cables while they were doing upgrades, in preparation for more predicted internet usage. That paid off in spades.

Pretty sure in the US google is making heavy use of old dark fiber

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Guys. OMG guys.

I am at a red light. I am listening to NPR. NPR sponsored by Vermont teddy bear.

I just learned that Vermont teddy bear has a new "50 shades of grey" Bear, for Valentine's Day.

They say it includes accessories.

I'm not sure what to do with this information.
    Put the teddy bear in the nightstand?

Omg rotflmao

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Mim wrote: »
    I think I know of an av/sig combo that I wouldn't change for at least 6 months

wigglewiggle_zpsc241f8f5.jpg

After 6 months, yes. But for now, I'm definitely Bridget Jones.

tragic spinster

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    those sears houses are like

ikea taken to the next level

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    those sears houses are like

ikea taken to the next level

håus

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    I drove all the way to school and I didn't have to

the prof is like, look this elective IT class is for MBAs

you don't have to come to class

ever

override367 on
  • Options
    i keep reading the vaccination thread as the vacation thread

and i'm like

damn preach vacation should be fun

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    So Madonna released a new music video today, but only on Snapchat.

This strikes me as an odd choice by snapchat. Because if people will be able to grab the high quality direct video and post it on youtube, it means that snapchat isn't secure. And because it is a new Madonna video, someone is deffo going to figure out how to do that.

The only reasons snapchat is popular is because pictures of your dick and/or tits aren't able to be saved or taken off the device.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Here's how i feel right now.

GOpAX41.gif

• Options
    21st you should probably seek medical attention for that

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular

This strikes me as an odd choice by snapchat. Because if people will be able to grab the high quality direct video and post it on youtube, it means that snapchat isn't secure. And because it is a new Madonna video, someone is deffo going to figure out how to do that.

The only reasons snapchat is popular is because pictures of your dick and/or tits aren't able to be saved or taken off the device.

i'm pretty sure you're able to take a screenshot of snapchat images, it just sends the other person a notification to let them know you're a monster

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod

GOpAX41.gif

ot7NCws.jpg

• Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular

I'd buy a house kit.

The difficult revelation here being: apparently at one point in history hipsters shopped at Sears.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    SOXSCPt.jpg

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

GOpAX41.gif

ot7NCws.jpg

Who is this better looking version of me?

I must kill him to gain his power.

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    the lady who played Anuksunamun came out of the closet

(I can't spell that name. The chick from the mummy)

• Options

I'd buy a house kit.

The difficult revelation here being: apparently at one point in history hipsters shopped at Sears.

Just the catalog. Mail-order houses all the way down.

• Options
    I'm fairly sure snapchat isn't secure anyways, the best they've been able to do is make it clear to the other user that the feed is being captured.
    It is impossible to stop the capture of videodata from someone who is willing to work hard enough, because right at the end stage, no matter what trickery you use, all those supersecret data points are being turned into display data and if you copy that you're set.

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    @Hakkekage did you ever get that thing I sent you?

No....I was starting to get worried too :/ uh oh

@Donkey Kong

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    21st it seems like you are suffering from a terminal case of the pixels
    im. . . sorry

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure snapchat isn't secure anyways, the best they've been able to do is make it clear to the other user that the feed is being captured.
    It is impossible to stop the capture of videodata from someone who is willing to work hard enough, because right at the end stage, no matter what trickery you use, all those supersecret data points are being turned into display data and if you copy that you're set.

I wonder if VirtualDubMod could pull it off.

• Options

i'm pretty sure you're able to take a screenshot of snapchat images, it just sends the other person a notification to let them know you're a monster

See, like, I have no idea how snapchat even works. I just heard from people that it is loved because stuff doesn't live forever in it and you can't just save up an archive of sexting pics.

That said, Snapchat sounds exactly like the kind of place Madonna would choose to release another video, at least in her younger years.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

Clearly Syndalis doesn't do enough dick pic-ing

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Oh shit Final Fantasy 15 has dap's game of the generation CONFIRMED

This discussion has been closed.