As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PAX East] The Battle for HothPAX is Over

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    s9NpFNr.png

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Also everybody make sure you update or install Spaceteam
    Look, we all know how poorly Spaceteam goes at PAX

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    They flew too close to the sun

Works great over Bluetooth.

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    So what's a good plan for carrying stuff while at PAX?

Last time I went my young and foolish self didn't bring anything, and man that was a mistake.

I was thinking maybe it's time to invest in a decent messenger bag?

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Dys wrote: »
    So what's a good plan for carrying stuff while at PAX?

Last time I went my young and foolish self didn't bring anything, and man that was a mistake.

I was thinking maybe it's time to invest in a decent messenger bag?

That or a backpack, something light and easy to carry merch in should you buy anything.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I usually carry a backpack. Its just easier to manuever with than a messenger bag for me

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I carry a slim backpack. It's not too heavy and doesn't cause issues in crowds. That and I hate messenger bags because over the course of pax they make my shoulder hurt.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    I usually carry a messenger bag around, but I'm thinking I might invest in a light backpack for PAX.

Maddoc on
  • Options
    I'll probably be bringing my Chrome bag since it's great to hold a couple water bottles plus a ton of other stuff.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    some kind of bag for sure

the only downside is if you don't have time between the con & late night stuff to ditch the bag I guess

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    ehhhh most restaurants or whatev ought to be willing to keep it in coat check or something

also guys I made something go look at my twitter

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    ehhhh most restaurants or whatev ought to be willing to keep it in coat check or something

also guys I made something go look at my twitter

1y6EEKw.jpg

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Well I laughed.

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Enjoy the snow

Someone nab me an overwatch beta key... they'll have those right?

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Unfortunately, not going to be able to make it this year :(

If anyone needs a Friday or Saturday pass, PM me (not giving them to a name I don't recognize)

• Options
    We're supposed to be getting snow on LI Monday night into Tuesday, 4-6 inches. Which means Boston is likely to be getting hit again Tuesday.

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Yep, 5-10 here tomorrow night so enjoy it 18 hours later!!

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    There's going to be a blizzard localized entirely within the Cuttlefish Theater.

Sheri, undaunted, will proceed to give a panel on snow sculptures.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    There's going to be a blizzard localized entirely within the Cuttlefish Theater.

Sheri, undaunted, will proceed to give a panel on snow sculptures.

Gonna make yarn out of ice and crochet with it

Bitches

• Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Brogey wrote: »
    Whoooo! 3 weeks out, and I'm so hyped to see you all again! :o

What night are we going to Jillian's? @The Otaku Suppository any ideas for fancy dinner? I'm probably going to freeze to death since I don't have any winter clothes, but I can't wait to see all the snow!

@DrZiplock will you have any free time for festivities this PAX?

Also, I'm probably staying at the Omni Parker again, so hopefully will be having a Boston Cream every night. *drool*

You should probably get some boots first and foremost. And then probably an elk-skin parka and ice pick and sherpa. Because at the rate we keep getting snow, I don't think there's going to be a city. You'll have to get around by dog sled.

You think I'm kidding, but seriously, there is about 80+ inches on the ground at this point that hasn't gone anywhere since it's fallen since it's never gotten above freezing. The "snow farms" where the snow can be dumped are basically full and we just got like a foot today and it's about -8 outside. And we're supposed to get more Tuesday and possibly next Sunday.

Also, yes, I have an idea for a dinner in the works.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    At this point if the snow doesn't stop my Boston-area interview may actually get pushed back to PAX weekend....

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    I'll tough out the snow in sneakers.

Fuuuuuck clomping around PAX in boots.

• Options
    We're gonna have so many snowcones this year

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Are they still going to have the bag inspection this year?

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I feel like invasive security measures never actually go away once they're put in place

They just stay as is, or escalate, depending on shenanigans

So my guess is yes there will be bag inspections again

• Options

What night are we going to Jillian's? @The Otaku Suppository any ideas for fancy dinner? I'm probably going to freeze to death since I don't have any winter clothes, but I can't wait to see all the snow!

Also, I'm probably staying at the Omni Parker again, so hopefully will be having a Boston Cream every night. *drool*

You should probably get some boots first and foremost. And then probably an elk-skin parka and ice pick and sherpa. Because at the rate we keep getting snow, I don't think there's going to be a city. You'll have to get around by dog sled.

You think I'm kidding, but seriously, there is about 80+ inches on the ground at this point that hasn't gone anywhere since it's fallen since it's never gotten above freezing. The "snow farms" where the snow can be dumped are basically full and we just got like a foot today and it's about -8 outside. And we're supposed to get more Tuesday and possibly next Sunday.

Donner, party of 8

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Peccavi wrote: »
    Unfortunately, not going to be able to make it this year :(

If anyone needs a Friday or Saturday pass, PM me (not giving them to a name I don't recognize)

booooooo

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    South did not have bag inspections. That might be a BCEC requirement, which means I doubt it's going to go away.

• Options
    The bag inspections were a City of Boston thing, not a PAX requested thing.

• Options
    It's a direct response to the 2013 bombing, and is not likely to go away anytime soon.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    I hope my shoes are suitable for the weather :|

• Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular

Donner, party of 8

He's on to me.

• Options
    hsuhsu Registered User regular
    statehouse.jpg

iTNdmYl.png
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular

Donner, party of 8

He's on to me.

We were all on to you after the deathmarch across Boston man

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    I'm traveling to Boston via team of sled dogs.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »

Donner, party of 8

He's on to me.

We were all on to you after the deathmarch across Boston man

Only the strong survive.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Info re: the T and snow.
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/31902508/#Comment_31902508
    cky71321 wrote: »
    The MBTA announced today that 100% service will not be in place for at least 30 days - with that number becoming larger if the area is hit with another snowstorm. Should some restrictions be in place for PAX, it won't hinder downtown travel too much - but could be a major inconvenience for anyone staying a fair distance from the BCEC. Based on current conditions, this is how the subway system currently looks:

Cheap MS Paint MBTA Map

Anything with a black line through it is a stop that is currently out-of-service or being covered by shuttles. If there's something you want to see in those areas (examples include the Sam Adams Brewery, BC, BU, Assembly Row, etc.) and the subway is in a similar state during PAX - think twice before going. I have coworkers that have brutal subway commutes at the moment - up to three hours for what is normally a 30 minute trip. This has been the state of the system for the past few weeks, and with nowhere to put the snow, may not be better anytime soon. Many key locations are within the "safe zone", so to speak - the BCEC, Copley, Fanueil Hall, the North End, Fenway, the Commons, and downtown.

On the plus side, anyone flying in should not be heavily impacted. Airport Station (Blue Line) has been fully open, and the Silver Line has no major issues (it has no tracks and remains underground for most of its trip). For anyone staying on those outlying points - have a backup plan in mind, such as Uber, Lyft, etc. The shuttles that replace the trains are very slow and tend to be very, very crowded - the addition of the PAX crowd will only slow things down more.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    We're flying into Portland and driving down to Boston. Think the snow is going to cause issues there?

YL9WnCY.png