As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat]shark

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Everytime I go from work to home I miss pictures.

fuck this world.

Wait, were there Cinders/Casual pics posted?!

I think neco posted pictures?

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Gim wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »
    So I have been playing Ocarina of Time 3D on my 3DS. It's been so long since I completed it on N64 and I wanted to beat it again before I started Majora's Mask 3D.

I just finished the Water Temple in one sitting in 84 minutes with no hints. I'm sure that's not really a great time, but the difficulty and annoyingness of it was not what I recall. I actually enjoyed it. I found the Forest Temple more annoying.
    1. How well has that game aged?
    2. How well does it handle on the 3DS?

1) I think it's better than it was on the N64 in some ways.
    2) Superbly.

Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Gim wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »
    So I have been playing Ocarina of Time 3D on my 3DS. It's been so long since I completed it on N64 and I wanted to beat it again before I started Majora's Mask 3D.

I just finished the Water Temple in one sitting in 84 minutes with no hints. I'm sure that's not really a great time, but the difficulty and annoyingness of it was not what I recall. I actually enjoyed it. I found the Forest Temple more annoying.
    1. How well has that game aged?
    2. How well does it handle on the 3DS?
    Pretty badly on both counts

Hmm no, not in my experience at all. And Mario 64 was an impossible travesty where you had to use the touch screen for your analog movement. This is nothing like that.

@Gim @Mojo_Jojo

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular

fuck this world.

I have yet to find said pics.

I wants to see the cool people!

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular

fuck this world.

How did Neco get pictures of Cindy/Casual?

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    That FF15 footage is doing nothing for me.

Which is a shame - I really want to like a new Final Fantasy but I just cannot wrap my head around the series any more.

the last one I enjoyed at all was 12, and I didn't beat it. The last one I beat was 8. And I have beaten every main FF game from 1 to 8.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

fuck this world.

How did Neco get pictures of Cindy/Casual?

Camera drone

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    The only Zelda game I played was OOT. I never got the obsession with Majoras Mask other than it was darker than the others.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    I wonder if they will patch Ocarina to use the new 3DS analog nub like MM does. Seems like a simple thing that would make the experience even better.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Will made fun of my cursive handwriting calling it, and I quote, "some Flowers for Algernon shit".

This cruel, ancient motherfucker. At exactly the same time as I was supposed to transition to cursive for academic work, computers became a thing. Of course it looks like a child's handwriting. It is.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Last FF game I beat was X.

Before that it was 9, 7, 6 and 5.

I have XIII but man that games combat was boring.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Will made fun of my cursive handwriting calling it, and I quote, "some Flowers for Algernon shit".

This cruel, ancient motherfucker. At exactly the same time as I was supposed to transition to cursive for academic work, computers became a thing. Of course it looks like a child's handwriting. It is.

My handwriting is childish and abhorrent.

I hate it, and I hate marring an otherwise beautiful card I am giving to someone with my tinker-toys level bullshit.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    I wonder if they will patch Ocarina to use the new 3DS analog nub like MM does. Seems like a simple thing that would make the experience even better.

Not really. That nub is kind of a butt and both games were designed such that the recenter camera button is all you need. I found it totally needless in Majora.

• Options
    My print handwriting is great so who cares about cursive. Stupid ancient dead script.

• Options

Not really. That nub is kind of a butt and both games were designed such that the recenter camera button is all you need. I found it totally needless in Majora.

Yeah, I am 100% operating on assumptions here as I have not held a new 3DS yet.

Is the 3D head tracking stuff better than the old 3D stuff they used to do? I hated how I had to sit completely rigid to use the 3D on the old one.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i print letters like a swaglord because joined up writing is cancerous

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I loved FF through 10. Unless they go back to turn based or ATB, I have no interest though. Barely played 12. Did not buy 13.

• Options
    tyrannus wrote: »
    The only Zelda game I played was OOT. I never got the obsession with Majoras Mask other than it was darker than the others.

Darker, better designed puzzles, bigger variety in environments, had a big open world with every NPC on schedules walking around and doing stuff, everyone has a backstory. For 20 or so hours you'll find yourself in clock town at a differerent part of the 3 day cycle and you'll see someone new or see someone you know spill thier guts about a lifelong dream. The next 3 day cycle you can step out ahead of their problems and help them out. I don't think there's any game quite like it.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    X's voice acting was too stilted for me to like the game.

I haven't played XII but it looked fun.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Never been inside a strip club, do not feel like this is a void in my life experience.

Maybe it is. Like how everybody should probably have to deal with encountering a half dead cat or dog and finding out of they have what it takes to kill something that's suffering and isn't going to survive.

i am pretty sure i would just run away from that situation à la ray fleeing from cartilage head

Man I miss Achewood

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular

I hate it, and I hate marring an otherwise beautiful card I am giving to someone with my tinker-toys level bullshit.

I'm a dispraxic who fractured the outer metacarpals in his hands, and still have to do a lot of writing to be presented to court.

Just the most printed letters hieroglyphics bullshit.

Gib work Ipad pls

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    kedinik wrote: »

The combat completely killed XII for me.

• Options

FF12 was basically Final Fantasy: Knights of the Old Republic. The combat system was heavily influenced by that kind of game, the storyline was a full-on homage to Star Wars set in the Tactics Advance universe... it was a neat experience.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I have such sophisticated handwriting it can pass for that of an eight year old.

• Options
    Old Navy has the most obnoxious commercials.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Final Fantasy? More like Propreantepenultimate Fantasy except with eleven more after as well because I couldn't find a definition for 'the one fifteen before the last one'.

• Options

FF12 was basically Final Fantasy: Knights of the Old Republic. The combat system was heavily influenced by that kind of game, the storyline was a full-on homage to Star Wars set in the Tactics Advance universe... it was a neat experience.

Interesting comparison. Maybe the problem then was no RTwP and that it still had FF levels of combat instead of a finite number of enemies.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Leitner wrote: »

I'm a dispraxic who fractured the outer metacarpals in his hands, and still have to do a lot of writing to be presented to court.

Gib work Ipad pls

i gave a statement recently and the dude took it on an ipad

i leld

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options

Is the 3D head tracking stuff better than the old 3D stuff they used to do? I hated how I had to sit completely rigid to use the 3D on the old one.

It works better and the head tracking is pretty solid. Works in the dark, works in the sun. But their weird half horizontal res 3D still looks kind of bad and suffers from nasty aliasing between both eyes, even if you are free to move your head now. I only played with the new 3DS for a little bit, I don't own one, but I imagine I might be tempted to leave the 3D on for slightly longer before getting annoyed with it.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    It's friday!

End of chat thread poasts yay!

• Options

Gib work Ipad pls

i leld

The statement was a pizza order.

• Options
    tyrannus wrote: »

You know the movie Primer?

It's essentially a remake of Majora's Mask.

• Options

It works better and the head tracking is pretty solid. Works in the dark, works in the sun. But their weird half horizontal res 3D still looks kind of bad and suffers from nasty aliasing between both eyes, even if you are free to move your head now. I only played with the new 3DS for a little bit, I don't own one, but I imagine I might be tempted to leave the 3D on for slightly longer before getting annoyed with it.

I really hope they drop the DS hardware design altogether and make something more like the vita or GBA SP as their next hand held. And capacitive display please! This isn't 2006.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    My Japanese handwriting is really nice looking. But I had stroke orders beaten into me by my teacher.

My English handwriting looks like a drunk shaky doctors. Part of that is because I do shake. I have an essential tremor. But also another part is I just have meh handwriting. And to make matters worse I have really small handwriting. Like when I learned cursive in second grade and we had to do the hand writing practice the only person with smaller handwriting than me was one girl.

I just automatically make small strokes.

So most of my handwriting is illegible to most people.

Should of been a doctor I guess.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular

Gib work Ipad pls

i leld

All the new tech gets rolled out to boroughs like Richmond and Kensington and Chelsea first.

Never places like Lewisham, Southwark, or Hackney.

• Options
    Espressoooooo

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Young Intern wouldn't be so bad if she didn't throw everyone under the bus always, even after having been blatantly wrong when doing so time and time again.

• Options
    Basically, Nintendo needs to produce a handheld that is competitive with the ipad to sell one to me.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    GfNQ6lZ.jpg

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    TL DR wrote: »
    Young Intern wouldn't be so bad if she didn't throw everyone under the bus always, even after having been blatantly wrong when doing so time and time again.

This sounds like your fault TL DR.

This discussion has been closed.