Options

League of Legends: Bardon Me, Do you have some dead Teemon?

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    So if I'm working on a jungler for when I don't get top, and I'm still in the teens in levels, is it worth it to buy Tier 2 runes that might make it easier/more efficient for me to Jungle with my IP? I have a Jungler rune page, but it's all Tier 1's. I'm wondering if the T2's are worth using for the boost, or should I just skip T2 and buy whatever T3 runes I can afford?

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Buff Yorick

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    normal team queue matchmaking is basically just "i give up just put them in the first match with X open spots"

• Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    Yorick deserves an official burial.

butts
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    I would toss Nunu in with him but then Nunu would just consume the ghouls.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    you don't deserve yorick

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    the champion that was too beautiful for league

• Options
    VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    So if I'm working on a jungler for when I don't get top, and I'm still in the teens in levels, is it worth it to buy Tier 2 runes that might make it easier/more efficient for me to Jungle with my IP? I have a Jungler rune page, but it's all Tier 1's. I'm wondering if the T2's are worth using for the boost, or should I just skip T2 and buy whatever T3 runes I can afford?

Skip t2, they are a complete waste of money.

League of Legends:Varega
  • Options
    Talith wrote: »
    I would toss Nunu in with him but then Nunu would just consume the ghouls.
    This was, interestingly enough, the precise reason why I started playing top lane Nunu in the first place.

butts
  • Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I think the consensus has been for years that tier 1 runes are so cheap that you might as well get them to have a better time in games, but tier 2 are too expensive for a small stats upgrade that won't last very long as you level up your account

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Oh my god they have so much more merch in the Riot store now! The figurines are SO CUTE I cannot deal. Shirt selection still unimpressive though.

Starting a job thingie this month in a coworking space; I do recognize that I should not buy like $200 worth of LoL figurines until I have a real desk. But when I do have a desk I'm going to stage mini adorable SR battles.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    Play Rengar.

Jungle him, just got new skin, pretty excited.

Enemy Rek Sai buys poachers. Procedes to leave me 0 jungle creeps.

Team screams at me for building damage on Rengar.

Screams some more because we have 0 jungle vision, despite telling them that their mid and jungle had our side lit up like christmas.

Rough game to say the least. I had 50 cs at 25 minutes.

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Rengar is not super easy to play either, he requires some finesse (and in fact, so does Rek'sai coincidentally). I was real, real bad on both Rengar and Rek'sai when I first started playing them. They did not just "click" for me like Vi and Udyr do, I had to fall back on a lot of my Kha'zix training and play in a similar "don't be the first (or second) one in" sort of way.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Varega wrote: »

Okay, will buy T3's if I end up purchasing.
    Play Rengar.

Screams some more because we have 0 jungle vision, despite telling them that their mid and jungle had our side lit up like christmas.

Question, is it the jungler's job for vision to place wards, or to sweep and remove them?

Also can you even have more than one ward out at a time?

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    credeiki wrote: »
    Oh my god they have so much more merch in the Riot store now! The figurines are SO CUTE I cannot deal. Shirt selection still unimpressive though.

Starting a job thingie this month in a coworking space; I do recognize that I should not buy like $200 worth of LoL figurines until I have a real desk. But when I do have a desk I'm going to stage mini adorable SR battles.

I want the Vi one real, real bad...but...$25 :bigfrown:

I'll probably still spring for Vi at some point, and if they ever release Udyr, I'll just throw my credit card at the screen like a throwing star.

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Rengar is not super easy to play either, he requires some finesse (and in fact, so does Rek'sai coincidentally). I was real, real bad on both Rengar and Rek'sai when I first started playing them. They did not just "click" for me like Vi and Udyr do, I had to fall back on a lot of my Kha'zix training and play in a similar "don't be the first (or second) one in" sort of way.

Well then you'll have to excuse me, I'm only bronze.

Okay, will buy T3's if I end up purchasing.
    Play Rengar.

Question, is it the jungler's job for vision to place wards, or to sweep and remove them?

Also can you even have more than one ward out at a time?

Both for wards. You move around a lot, so you're the best suited to do both. I try to grab a ward every back, but I also suck at jungling.
    1 pink, 3 "stealth" wards, whether they be from yellow trinket or just plain ol' wards.

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    If only it were debonair vi I would totally be tempted

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    if only i were debonair vi

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    After losing some grueling ARAM games with other PAers, we finally won one and, from the groaning, everybody else seems to have gotten the same measly 2 ip bonus for teaming up.
    Yup...really makes me want to give a shit about their new incentive.
    (Nooooooooooooope.)

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    edited March 2015

If only we all were as not unattractive.

Hargaad of Omnar on

• Options

what the fuck.

butts
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    Debonair Vi is hot... or I needed a gnome to post is hot... either way someone is not unattractive,

• Options
    Jookie wrote: »

what the fuck.
    8dfd2c1e3209fbe4e5f3ee7d49c50754.png

• Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Coincidence that the only Vi skin I use, or even own for that matter, is debonair Vi? I think not.

• Options
    The IP thing has gotta be a bug.

• Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    You guys saying T2 are still a waste or did you not notice the revamp? They put their cost/stat ratio in line with T1 and T3 back when they got rid of the rune combiner. I think they are worthwhile now, definitely if you aren't level 20 yet or are too poor for T3.

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    I don't think there's a bug with the IP. The multipliers are how much you can potentially get. It's a chance to get up to 2x if you're in a 2 man, 4x for bigger party, etc. You don't just auto get that much every game. It's just to incentivize grouping with friends and over time you'll get some large and some small bonus gains, sometimes none at all. It's not just get in a 5 man and farm free 16x IP for a while and buy all champions. That'd be bad business.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular

Skip t2s for t3s

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    I don't think there's a bug with the IP. The multipliers are how much you can potentially get. It's a chance to get up to 2x if you're in a 2 man, 4x for bigger party, etc. You don't just auto get that much every game. It's just to incentivize grouping with friends and over time you'll get some large and some small bonus gains, sometimes none at all. It's not just get in a 5 man and farm free 16x IP for a while and buy all champions. That'd be bad business.

Yeah this makes the most sense. Their initial post seemed to imply that it would be some flat multiplier between 1 and 16 but even 1x bonus IP is a ton if you're getting it consistently.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    i'm sorry guys but if playing Lux is wrong I don't want to be right.

but xerath, but syndra.

no. just lasers.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    So this is only tangentially related to League (Myxia is the Dig interim coach and also streams jungle sometimes I think?) but it is awesome and I just discovered it and wanted to share:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y63RWp3ogig&feature=youtu.be

Mylixia is AWESOME! He's really a business manager for Dig stateside, but filling in for the need of an in person coach. He's one of the few guys that I feel has the proper attitude for support staff, but I believe he lives in Nevada. So he's generally not in the house during non LCS days. That's a major issue that dig needs to address.
    This was Mylixia from last weekend:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukZyZ3fqcsU

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Look who is back on the PTE

luden.jpg

I want CDR on this. Like twin shadows big brother.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    Look who is back on the PTE

luden.jpg

I want CDR on this. Like twin shadows big brother.

Just for giggles, I want to see Ezreal run that and Shiv. Or, something. I want to see someone proc that and shiv at the same time. Preferably on an AoE, but the only AoE that also applies on-hits I can think of is Ricochet Blade, which might not proc that.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    I didn't have much time to play at all tonight, but I practiced in custom games and now I can somewhat do the first three camp clears as Nid jungle without dying. Often.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    I didn't have much time to play at all tonight, but I practiced in custom games and now I can somewhat do the first three camp clears as Nid jungle without dying. Often.

This won't be a problem once you have level 30 runes and masteries. But it's good to know your limitations.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    i'm sorry guys but if playing Lux is wrong I don't want to be right.

but xerath, but syndra.

no. just lasers.
    Remember when finales funkeln had a higher AP ratio and a 24 second cooldown? Sigh... :(

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2015

This won't be a problem once you have level 30 runes and masteries. But it's good to know your limitations.

I figure, if I can learn tactics/mechanics to do them now, while I'm under-level/rune/mastery 'd, I will have a much easier time once I hit 20 and 30, because I learned to do it while it was hard.

Edit:
    Can someone please explain in simple terms what is happening at 2:51 of this video? I feel like I'm missing something.

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    In the middle of using his ultimate (the triple shadows and the X on the enemy), Zed had the presence of mind to step down out of the way of Ezreal's ult, then back in to using his shadows etc to kill them all. You can click the gear on YouTube to choose playback speed and slow it down.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    zed creates shadows

zed can teleport to his shadows, and his shadows mirror his abilities

not only does zed dodge all the abilities used on him to kill him, he correctly places himself and aims all of his abilities in order to kill them all

liEt3nH.png
This discussion has been closed.