Options

Last [Chat] Out of Saigon

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    skfm why does your stranger danger argument apply only to hookups and not a whole bunch of social interactions with people you've never met before

It does not. Do people just go to strangers homes other than for hook ups? If they do, that is bad too!

Nerdy white guy world: where parties don't exist.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    What was that kickstarter where they bought a house rather than doing the work?

I think it was a computer game

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    I've backed a fair number of kickstarters and only been burned once, and that was due to undisclosed legal issues coming and bankrupting a company that had previously successfully delivered two other board games via kickstarter

I'm fine with kickstarting things, but I do my due diligence, and have more faith in dudes I know to be excellent

Andy Kitowski ran a campaign for his translation of a roleplaying game and sent me the softcovers instead of the hardcovers I had pledged for - he apologised and shipped me the hardcovers immediately, and said to keep the softcovers for the trouble

for that he has earned my future loyalty in his endeavors

The only one I got "burned" on was a Google Hangouts adaption that was gonna build up a game play environment for RPGs. Shortly after funding they looked over at Roll20, said "Huh" and negotiated backer status for all their donors over there while closing up shop and working on Roll20 instead.

Can't say I'm upset about it.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

every time anyone has ever given tim schafer money

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    skfm why does your stranger danger argument apply only to hookups and not a whole bunch of social interactions with people you've never met before

It does not. Do people just go to strangers homes other than for hook ups? If they do, that is bad too!

Uh excuse me he's got a party in Baldur's Gate that never stops

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Hockey Guy, did you forget my name again yet?

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

That actually seems like a pretty good investment for an indie company.

Buy a decently sized house, use the basement for an office, have $0 rent costs, and the person who rents it also has $0 mortgage/rent expenses for life.

That's a lot of money that can potentially be saved on salaries and living expenses as the business gets going.

It should be bought in the business' name though, so they have assets.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Bogart wrote: »

Our boardgame day casualty rate is less than 20% I'll have you know.

You need to run them through more dangerous modules.

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Hockey Guy, did you forget my name again yet?

Nope. Don't worry. I gotchu girl.

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    I would like to state publicly that I am only dating @BEAST! for his succulent young body

Aw yiss #objectification #showmethenipples

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    HerrCron wrote: »

All I'm taking from this is that I was supposed to be skinning and eating the people I've let crash at mine after a heavy night out.
    Which, to be fair, would probably have saved on the effort of getting stuff to make breakfast the next day.

You let strangers sleep in your house?

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    I would like to state publicly that I am only dating @BEAST! for his succulent young body

Aw yiss #objectification #showmethenipples

*gasp*

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

All I'm taking from this is that I was supposed to be skinning and eating the people I've let crash at mine after a heavy night out.
    Which, to be fair, would probably have saved on the effort of getting stuff to make breakfast the next day.

i have, but typically it's only been butts from [chat] and boyfriends/girlfriends of out of state visitors.

• Options

People aren't half as scary as you seem to believe.

• Options
  • Options

That's compeltely different because you are in a group and usually go with people you know. I am talking about a 1 on 1 situation or one where you show up and literally know no one. Does anyone actually go to a party where they don't know anyone? How would that even happen?

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

That's compeltely different because you are in a group and usually go with people you know. I am talking about a 1 on 1 situation or one where you show up and literally know no one. Does anyone actually go to a party where they don't know anyone? How would that even happen?

"Hey, new guy in college, we're having a party and you seem like a fun guy, you want to come?"

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Deebaser wrote: »

i have, but typically it's only been butts from [chat] and boyfriends/girlfriends of out of state visitors.

You know the chatters for a long time online. Guests of a friend are not random people. The friend vouches for them.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    People aren't half as scary as you seem to believe.

Ehhh, people in your social circle may not be scary, but people at large? terrifying.

Also, Space. One night stands are things that happen. i get that they aren't for you and that's ok. pls stahp.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »

You know the chatters for a long time online.

even less reason to let them sleep in your house, really

• Options
    Deebs hogs the covers

• Options
    bowen wrote: »

"Hey, new guy in college, we're having a party and you seem like a fun guy, you want to come?"

I went to a lot of parties in college. Always with some friends though.

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular

On occasion, sure. They're not perfect strangers, in that they usually know someone I know, but yeah, when one of the guys I've been chatting to all night is talking about sleeping in the HB until he can get a train at silly AM, I will offer to let him sleep on my couch and then he can go get his train at a reasonable hour.

Now Playing:
    Celeste [Switch] - She'll be wrestling with inner demons when she comes...
  • Options
    Just to set the record straight, if any chatter wants to sleep over at my house, I'm expecting at least a disinterested handy

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Cinders wrote: »
    Wat

How is swiss miss?

It was a fun vacation but it doesn't appear like there is any future there

oh hey! Welcome back!

Did you ever make it as far as Zürich?

Thrice! Stayed the day after flying in, then went back I think Wednesday for a couple of hours in the evening. Then briefly before flying home.

Cool, I was deep in the interview prep mines, so I wasn't really available to organise to go for a pint or anything, but good to hear you enjoyed the trip.

Yeah, I remembered you were busy the two weekends and then the trip on Wednesday was really spur of the moment and short so I didn't think we'd have time to coordinate. Next time!

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    No one tell skfm about Airbnb his mind may explode and it's just got too much earning potential to waste on this revelation

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Deebs hogs the covers

u kidding?
    Its a miracle I haven't died of exposure in my own bed.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular

You go to a club, talk to people, and then go to an after party.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular

P normal to do this for meetups. Not quite the same, I admit.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    No one tell skfm about Airbnb his mind may explode and it's just got too much earning potential to waste on this revelation

Or couchsurfing

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Just to set the record straight, if any chatter wants to sleep over at my house, I'm expecting at least a disinterested handy

*sigh*

Can I at least pick the movie

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    good morning everyone

got to love those days where you walk into the office and it is just a shitstorm waiting for you

919UOwT.png
  • Options

Or couchsurfing

couchsurfing is weird.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I officially don't get Coke Life, where it stands in the product range.

Coke Classic: The original "yummy" drink.
    Diet Coke: sugar free, almost no calories.
    Coke Zero: As above, but a different flavour closer to Classic
    Coke Life: Closer to classic but now has calories?

Or is it just a cynical appeal to "natural" ingredients?

• Options

*sigh*

for you? the anime shelf is your oyster

• Options
    Gooey wrote: »
    good morning everyone

got to love those days where you walk into the office and it is just a shitstorm waiting for you

yeap

Got a mistake call from my boss at 8 am. I was like :| o lovely gonna b one of those

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    But I AM still looking for work in Switzerland. Would probably have to tweak my career path though, I don't think there's like a single job for me there let alone English speaking

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options

*sigh*

for you? the anime shelf is your oyster

I resent being pigeonholed into your sordid shelf of moe waifus

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Yall weird tho

poo
  • Options

Pfft, a disinterested handy is literally how I greet people.

This discussion has been closed.