Options

League of Legends: Bardon Me, Do you have some dead Teemon?

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    The juke itself is the dodge of Ezreal's ult that he had the presence of mind to do mid Death Mark, but the entire clip is just him flat outplaying an entire team.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Nightblue plays anything besides the top three meta junglers?

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    I didn't have much time to play at all tonight, but I practiced in custom games and now I can somewhat do the first three camp clears as Nid jungle without dying. Often.

This won't be a problem once you have level 30 runes and masteries. But it's good to know your limitations.

I figure, if I can learn tactics/mechanics to do them now, while I'm under-level/rune/mastery 'd, I will have a much easier time once I hit 20 and 30, because I learned to do it while it was hard.

Edit:
    Can someone please explain in simple terms what is happening at 2:51 of this video? I feel like I'm missing something.

A lot of things.

1) he dodges rivens stun with his ult.

2) he sidesteps the EZ ult.

3) he dodges ezreals e hop in and Lisandra q (I think) with the swap back to his original position (also getting the auto attack on riven to ensure she dies to the mark)

4) he does it again(dodges EZ q) to kill the lb coming out of zhonya

5) he perfectly weaves his auto attacks, BotRK active, and abilities to not die to EZ and liss when messing up any kills him.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    tiloahtiloah OH DARN SeattleRegistered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    oh it's +16 ip, not 16x ip

calm your jets everyone

The post clearly says multiplying. Maybe it's bugged?

It's 16x but what they don't tell you is it's 16x1.

LoL: lesemicolon
    3DS: 1607-2293-4337 - Hadley - Welcome to St. Jude!
    Cyrus's Furniture Customization
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    Wow. I was really excited for these rewards... until I got an additional 4 ip in three games.

I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    I didn't have much time to play at all tonight, but I practiced in custom games and now I can somewhat do the first three camp clears as Nid jungle without dying. Often.

This won't be a problem once you have level 30 runes and masteries. But it's good to know your limitations.

I figure, if I can learn tactics/mechanics to do them now, while I'm under-level/rune/mastery 'd, I will have a much easier time once I hit 20 and 30, because I learned to do it while it was hard.

Edit:
    Can someone please explain in simple terms what is happening at 2:51 of this video? I feel like I'm missing something.

Scoundrel! I swore to never watch Machinima ever again.
    And it's not even April Fool's Day yet. T_T
    My New Year's Resolution has been broken.

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »

Riot: "We're buffing jungle camps so that jungling is fun for everybody."
    Interesting...I could have sworn I saw that phrase in one of Riot's most recent instances of bending us over...

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    Look who is back on the PTE

luden.jpg

I want CDR on this. Like twin shadows big brother.

I'd actually like not to see CDR on this, because it's on freaking everything now.

Shiv / Echo botlanes could be hysterical, though, if that gets support-level cheap at some point.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    But CDR is civilization...

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    So on yesterday's PBE update, they updated that new cinderhulk tank jungle thing again and also shaved damage off raptors, wolves, and gromp, so maybe they really are going to do something good with the jungle this patch.

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Look who is back on the PTE

luden.jpg

I want CDR on this. Like twin shadows big brother.

That seems really good for AP Sona and maybe Diana?

• Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    It can be a 16 times multiplier, it's just a very low chance. You have a much higher chance of seeing nothing or a very small reward, like +5 or +8, which many people are confusing for a "bug" not multiplying. (There are Riot posts on reddit clarifying it).

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    God dammit I'm hearing it doesn't proc on mystic shot. Riot plz. Who the hell was this meant for if not AP Ezreal?

Right now in order to proc you have to land flux in lane, or use E or ult on minions. Landing W in lane though guarantees the proc hits the enemy champion.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    CyrenicCyrenic Registered User regular
    Question, is it the jungler's job for vision to place wards, or to sweep and remove them?

Also can you even have more than one ward out at a time?

Right now I think the best way to learn to ward is to upgrade your yellow trinket at level 9 to the "Greater Stealth Totem". It's an amazing item. It's basically a 250 gold sightstone (just without the health).

Grabbing one of those will let you throw down a ward almost anytime you want one. Practice warding choke points to monitor enemy movements and practice warding brush around places you think you might have a teamfight.

In soloqueue if you're playing any role other than support the yellow trinket upgrade should be the first thing you buy once you hit level 9. It's an absurdly powerful item and I barely ever see anyone upgrade it in ranked right now.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Cyrenic wrote: »
    Question, is it the jungler's job for vision to place wards, or to sweep and remove them?

Right now I think the best way to learn to ward is to upgrade your yellow trinket at level 9 to the "Greater Stealth Totem". It's an amazing item. It's basically a 250 gold sightstone (just without the health).

Grabbing one of those will let you throw down a ward almost anytime you want one. Practice warding choke points to monitor enemy movements and practice warding brush around places you think you might have a teamfight.

In soloqueue if you're playing any role other than support the yellow trinket upgrade should be the first thing you buy once you hit level 9. It's an absurdly powerful item and I barely ever see anyone upgrade it in ranked right now.
    Sweepers is the other competitive pick. You should really swap to that and instead just buy wards on back periodically (or if you're a jungler/build that supports it, Sightstone early is fine too).

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Crumbz (Dignitas' former jungler) just released a soloQ warding strategies video that's a really good introduction to the vision game. It runs a bit long at nearly 40 minutes, but if you are in a hurry you could skip to the parts relevant to your preferred lanes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi63v_RnnBs

• Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    CyrenicCyrenic Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Cyrenic wrote: »

Sweepers is the other competitive pick. You should really swap to that and instead just buy wards on back periodically (or if you're a jungler/build that supports it, Sightstone early is fine too).

This is for soloqueue. Greater Stealth Totem is so good it's better than sweeper in almost all situations, unless you're the support. IMO

People just don't ward enough in solo queue to warrant a sweeper. Even supports don't ward enough a lot of the time. I frequently out ward my supports with the yellow trinket upgrade.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    sooo

a thing for the company i worked for was having the monogram or whatever embroided onto your shirt. you could wear nice clothing this way. but it was a way to create a capitalist pig dog class system where you could tell who was a grunt and who wasn't.

anyway. now i have all of these shirts and i can't do anything with them.

what i didn't realize is that it made getting dressed really simple and it was easy to maintain a professional look wherever I went.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    sooo

a thing for the company i worked for was having the monogram or whatever embroided onto your shirt. you could wear nice clothing this way. but it was a way to create a capitalist pig dog class system where you could tell who was a grunt and who wasn't.

what i didn't realize is that it made getting dressed really simple and it was easy to maintain a professional look wherever I went.

The plight of all minions.

• Options
    The yellow trinket upgrade is a no brainer for top laners now in solo queue. It pays for itself so fast it's ridiculous while you're on that island split pushing.

I buy yellow trinket upgrade instead of blue trinket on ADCs now IF I don't foresee needing to blue trinket bushes to save my butt, though most games I still go blue. On junglers/supports you gotta go sweeper though to clear wards, and also can't forget that sweeper also doubles as counterplay for stealth characters.

• Options
    sooo

I think maybe this wasn't for the league of legends thread. =P

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    @Hiryu02 : in the sub-30 meta, definitely place wards rather than focusing on sweeping. Upgrade to the better yellow trinket and put wards where you feel like you want vision (are you scared they might do dragon without you noticing? Are you worried about getting ganked through the tribush? Do you want to see when their jungler runs by his wraiths?)
    Once you get into the habit of placing wards and actually looking at the minimap to see whether your wards are showing anyone, you can start seeing where the usual warding spots are, and think about whether they make sense for the game you're playing (2v2 top lane? probably don't need to ward for jungle ganks).
    You can then also start replacing your yellow trinket with a sweeper. If you find that you're consistently not picking up wards where you sweep, it could be either that your enemies don't ward, or that you aren't sweeping in the right places. For the moment, if you are jungling, I think you should get the upgraded yellow for vision, and buy pink wards for objectives (drop a pink in front of dragon instead of sweeping it).

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    TIL pink wards last until killed. And that green wards are invisible but limited duration.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Pink wards are salvation, but you need to learn to place them so they aren't killed instantly. They are very good in areas you want to keep constant vision, like dragon and baron.

That said, I find it utterly shocking how many times I watch people pass right over pink wards and never kill them. People in lower tiers just don't understand how critical vision is to winning.

GnomeTank on
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Now, that's the purpose of placing pinks in brush, right? to hide them.

Also, if I have a pink ward in a brush, then the enemy places a green ward in the same brush, does that mean the enemy can now see my pink ward?

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Also, if I have a pink ward in a brush, then the enemy places a green ward in the same brush, does that mean the enemy can now see my pink ward?

Yes and yes (true of any ward, regardless of source).

Though at lower tiers of play green wards are almost never used.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    At the lower tiers of play wards are almost never used

• Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    At the lower tiers of play wards are almost never used

The shop doesn't actually sell wards in bronze.

• Options
    GnomeTank wrote: »

So if I ward a bush, and an enemy ward is revealed, I need to kill that ward then.

• Options
    GnomeTank wrote: »

So if I ward a bush, and an enemy ward is revealed, I need to kill that ward then.

Yes, absolutely. Denying vision is one of those play habits that will help you rise quickly out of shit tier.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I got bitched out a few times in sub-30 games as support for not warding enough.

I can only have 3 wards out, always had 3 wards out, and they were the only wards out on the map by our entire team.

In short, just because you ward doesn't mean your team gives enough of a shit to A: notice or B: use the vision provided by them to do anything. Sometimes that Sightstone isn't worth buying because your team is a bunch of donkeys, so it's better to get that Glacial Shroud. Might you get yelled at? Sure! But you can get yelled at for doing everything right, anyway.

• Options
    If you can safely contest a ward, then absolutely do it. When watching Crumbz' video, keep in mind how he talks about whether ward positions are defensible. Clearing wards is very good play, but getting into a fight you can't win to clear a ward can be very bad.

• Options
    PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    God dammit I'm hearing it doesn't proc on mystic shot. Riot plz. Who the hell was this meant for if not AP Ezreal?

Right now in order to proc you have to land flux in lane, or use E or ult on minions. Landing W in lane though guarantees the proc hits the enemy champion.

To be fair, if it DID proc on Mystic Shot, that one shot would have an effective 1.05 AP ratio. Which is kinda ridiculous.

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • Options

To be fair, if it DID proc on Mystic Shot, that one shot would have an effective 1.05 AP ratio. Which is kinda ridiculous.

AP Ezreal deserves to be ridiculous

Anyways though I think Magic Shiv + Lichbane would be pretty hilarious even though it's likely not as strong of an overall build path as the current AP ezreal priorities.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Is the AP Shiv thing going to be anywhere near viable on Kayle? Or is it more for characters that stack a ton of AP?

I can see SirHCez getting it on Singed for sure though. It should make Singed's capacity for teamfighting go from mediocre to almost bonkers if it works on his Q.

• Options
    If you can safely contest a ward, then absolutely do it. When watching Crumbz' video, keep in mind how he talks about whether ward positions are defensible. Clearing wards is very good play, but getting into a fight you can't win to clear a ward can be very bad.

This might be doable more safely with Kha'Zix. I assume you mean not trying to kill a ward, unaware that you are about to get jumped? If the person trying to gank me is solo or any distance away from friends, I see the Kha passive mark around them before I even see which champ they are. It's saved me more than a few times.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I don't know what it is about playing ADC, but I don't find it enjoyable at all. I think I'm gonna spend time setting up for the other 4 roles instead.

This isn't a shock to me; it's the same as how I felt in 2013 lol

• Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    I wouldn't buy a sweeper until you hit platinum and you were playing support. Having vision is far more important than denying the enemy vision until you're at a certain level of play.

This discussion has been closed.