As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun, Hitler and [Chat]!

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    HerrCron wrote: »
    Ah, that Magic: Duels: Origins: Colons is their new format for Duels. Dunno what to think about that.

The series has been leaning more and more towards micro transactions over time, I guess they just decided to go whole hog with it.

They actually got rid of them in Duels 2015. It launched with "premium" packs for money, but later made all those cards free to unlock and gave people that paid for them the expansion for free.

Wait what? Really?

Oh shit. I may have to boot up 2015 again. I didn't really care for the deck building and thought the game lacked the simple volume of card unlocks that was the fun part of the previous ones. With the ability to get the premium ones for free that may actually make me want to play it instead of 2014.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    mobas still suk play tanks

mobas still suk play fifa

mobas still suk play outside for once, jeez, it's a lovely day and all you can do is stay glued to that screen, when I was your age I was out kayaking and sailing and building rafts

with _____ jim?

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

mobas still suk play fifaBaldur's Gate

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    So, did any of you PAX butts go to the Pillars of Eternity panel? Did you meet Chris Avellone? Was he dreamy?

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    I mean, I would spend somewhere in the neighborhood of 25-50 bucks for an hour of time in an Oculus Rift iRacing booth with the aforementioned real feeling steering wheel, paddle shifters, pedals, vibration-mapped seating and 7.1 surround sound.

The future of things like the rift that need so much gear to create true presence may mean the revival of arcades of a sort, where it is financially viable to set up 20 networked racing booths, 16-20 networked simulation cockpits, and you pay money to dogfight with your friends in a completely realistic environment.

If it wasn't for MWO being the confused shit show I would be excited for Mechwarrior pods doing this.

I mean MWO is fun at times. And the mechs are cool. But I am pretty sure the company running it have 0 idea what to do with the base game they have made.

The roll out of community warfare made that painfully obvious.

The Mechwarrior pods were cool. Not really VR but it did have multiple screens for programmable readouts.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    -prances with joy-

• Options
    PAX wasn't the only convention last weekend. My wife, son and I went to a pet convention on Saturday. All the dogs and cats were petted. My son rode a horse, and also fed lettuce to pigs. There was a strong man dog that could pull over 10 x its body weight. Get dunked on, PAX!

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

...Did I just watch someone die?

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    TL DR wrote: »
    I watched my roommate play a game of LoL over the weekend. I get the appeal, I think - it seemed very tense at times.

He also said that one of his teammates was playing a character that cost him $30 for just the skin, which is fucking ludicrous.

If it was the most recent ultimate skin that was released. I'ts actually 3 skins in one with different effects for each. Oh and each skin plays a different musical set that can be toggled in game. Oh and they have special interface for that skin where your team mates can listen to the special music from the skin's features.

Yeah, that skin had a ton of work put into it. A TON.

You can get most of the skins for around 5-6 bucks.

cptrugged on
  • Options
    hello

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    hello

knock knock

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »

...Did I just watch someone die?
    Probably was being remotely operated or somesuch.

• Options
    hello

knock knock

I'm excited to see where this goes.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    -prances with joy-

You convinced Chris Pratt and Chris Evans that your apartment is a children's hospital and you're getting them to vist?

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Ah, that Magic: Duels: Origins: Colons is their new format for Duels. Dunno what to think about that.

The series has been leaning more and more towards micro transactions over time, I guess they just decided to go whole hog with it.

They actually got rid of them in Duels 2015. It launched with "premium" packs for money, but later made all those cards free to unlock and gave people that paid for them the expansion for free.

Shows when I stopped paying attention to the Duels series, I was thinking of 2014 version that had deck unlocks for money but you could grind them out if you wanted.
    Which is pretty much what I'm expecting for Magic: Origins: Colons

sig.gif
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    I want Overwatch characters and the dude from Blackthorne in HotS

Also one of the card from Rock n Roll Racing as a mount.

• Options
    Cass - my wife said she can see Wriggly's features and he is really cute. I am skeptical of the former, but not the latter.

• Options
  • Options
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    -prances with joy-

You convinced Chris Pratt and Chris Evans that your apartment is a children's hospital and you're getting them to vist?

...god i W I S H

• Options
    edited March 2015
    -prances with joy-

...god i W I S H

no holds holes barred m I rite?

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    -prances with joy-

...god i W I S H

no holds holes barred m I rite?

i would bang them until i died and then my ghost would follow them home and we'd ghost snuggle

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular

Shows when I stopped paying attention to the Duels series, I was thinking of 2014 version that had deck unlocks for money but you could grind them out if you wanted.

All magic originates in your colon

That's why casual is missing out

• Options
    hello

knock knock

who's there?!

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    MrMister wrote: »

wha

• Options
    hello

knock knock

who's there?!

i eat mop

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular

wha

I'm not so obliquely referring to the chastity lock on his backdoor

• Options
    my back door has been chaste, but not by choice

I need to get out there more

• Options
    hello

knock knock

who's there?!

i eat mop

i eat mop who

919UOwT.png
  • Options

wha

Not like he's opposed to visiting other people's colons.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

wha

Not like he's opposed to visiting other people's colons.

while hes there he sets up a complicated system of distributed waterworks

he calls it colonic irrigation

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular

mobas still suk play fifa

mobas still suk play outside for once, jeez, it's a lovely day and all you can do is stay glued to that screen, when I was your age I was out kayaking and sailing and building rafts

with _____ jim?

No, the Sea Scouts :p

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    In the words of @21stCentury, yolo swag Fuck it

@Ludious i believe you are leaving out "whatever. Let's do it"

Quote of the weekend. One of my 2015 PAX highlights

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    she looks SO BAD with blonde hair

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    hahahaha gooby eats his own poo

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    In the words of 21stCentury, yolo swag Fuck it

Ludious i believe you are leaving out "whatever. Let's do it"

Quote of the weekend. One of my 2015 PAX highlights

ooh a story!

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    I liked Breaking Bad, mostly, but I got a strong sense that they were always making up each new plot turn by the seat of their pants. And I dislike it when shows give me that impression. It also wore me down that almost literally everyone in the show was a jerk.

This is a common misperception. They had planned out quite a bit of the development of the characters, and plot points at the start of each season, but they would change things as they thought that a different direction worked better. Jesse was supposed to die in season 1 (pink = death, he is Pinkman) but when they put the actors together they saw that the relationship was magic and changed it. Clearly for the better IMO. That's very different than a show like Lost which is about mysteries and long running plots all of which were just made up as they went.

@spacekungfuman did you listen to the podcast that accompanied the show

they did one after each episode and it was fantastic, no other show really did as much behind the scenes shit about how it was made

would highly recommend to all

poo
  • Options
    TTODewback wrote: »
    hahahaha gooby eats his own poo

are

are you going to finish that

i'm starving

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    this article is v interesting about anxiety and brains and drugs: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/08/opinion/sunday/the-feel-good-gene.html

poo
This discussion has been closed.