As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fake guns and the people who love them. [NERF]

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I'm amazed you dug this thread out for that, seeing it back warms my heart.

My goofy kids bent most of my darts up, I've been thinking about either getting more or getting a gun that shoots balls so that they can't wreck them as quickly. Decisions, decisions.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    The nerf gun I have is ridiculously accurate

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Here's my supersoaker turned airsoft gun (Supersoakers are made by nerf so it's cool). I've got pictures of the build process too if people want to see them. But the most important part was the painting. I sanded the entire thing to help the spraypaint get a grip, and I was able to sand and keep details and texture, I used three coats of paint I think? I only used one coat of silver but undercoated a couple of coats of black to ensure I got all the crevices. And I finished the black and grey parts off with a matt varnish to help them last (I think the black paint was originally a little shiny too iirc). I really love how the silver paint turned out but that's nothing to do with me, the spraypaint just looked really good. I even tried it on a tin can and the part that was sprayed looked better than the can itself.
    9g1a742d36p7.jpg

The actual gun is a little electric pistol, the barrel doesn't line up with the muzzle so I cut a small hole for the real barrel. The idea is that people will be too distracted by the big fake muzzle to notice the small real muzzle. I've used it a fair bit outdoors and it's holding up pretty well.
    The sight uses a m4 riser that has been cut in half, the other half is glued to the shell so it can connect to the pistol's rail. Nerf rails don't match real rail exactly so I have inserted a small flat bit of metal, which is visible in the photo. I think I stuffed up with the mounting of the pistol because the sights are way off, but it's a spray and pray weapon anyway.

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Peen wrote: »

My goofy kids bent most of my darts up, I've been thinking about either getting more or getting a gun that shoots balls so that they can't wreck them as quickly. Decisions, decisions.

I'd pretty much expected that, considering they're little tiny pool noodles.

My biggest problem regarding kids is that their mother was a sociopath, so would cower in fear if anyone picked up a nerf gun, yet turn around and point it at someone's face and torment them endlessly once the tables had turned.

To hell with those kids.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    I picked up a Swingfire recently and I am shocked and disappointed.

Because I have yet to see a lever replacement/stock removal mod for the T2 reload (the lever is way to tiny for that and if it was metal, you'd probably break your fingers doing so).

Luckily, I've got the "swing-forward/swing-back" cocking motion practiced.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular

My biggest problem regarding kids is that their mother was a sociopath, so would cower in fear if anyone picked up a nerf gun, yet turn around and point it at someone's face and torment them endlessly once the tables had turned.

To hell with those kids.

This isn't exactly the thread for this but I'm genuinely sorry things took that turn for you and haven't really had a chance to express it yet.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular

Tshirt cannon packed with foam

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options

To hell with those kids.

This isn't exactly the thread for this but I'm genuinely sorry things took that turn for you and haven't really had a chance to express it yet.

Yeah, I feel you there. don't worry, that's pretty much all I have to say about it. Once the refund comes I'm buying a pack of darts.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    The one I have shoots discs.

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    I kiiiinda wish I would have looked through the handful of NERF threads kicking around the other day, because I saw a Triad on sale at Target and decided to pick one up, and concealed it when I got home.

....then I surprised my wife by shooting her with it, not realizing how much stronger it is because of it's compact design with only one moving part. She later got me back with it, but with poor aim, hitting me literally right between the eyes.

• Options
    Ranlin wrote: »
    I kiiiinda wish I would have looked through the handful of NERF threads kicking around the other day, because I saw a Triad on sale at Target and decided to pick one up, and concealed it when I got home.

....then I surprised my wife by shooting her with it, not realizing how much stronger it is because of it's compact design with only one moving part. She later got me back with it, but with poor aim, hitting me literally right between the eyes.

Oh yeah, I had a triad. Those little guys are powerful.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    At least it was between the eyes and not in one of them

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Yeah damn people, no shooting at heads!

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    There's a very anxious teenager inside of me who wants to break down a Maverick and sand-cast that sucker with aluminium. My lack of a proper workspace is probably a good thing.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    I picked up a Swingfire recently and I am shocked and disappointed.

Because I have yet to see a lever replacement/stock removal mod for the T2 reload (the lever is way to tiny for that and if it was metal, you'd probably break your fingers doing so).

Luckily, I've got the "swing-forward/swing-back" cocking motion practiced.

I've had no problem pulling it off, with a bit of practice

My fingers are a bit bruised if I do it too much, so yeah, could be problematic if it were metal

It is, of course, way slower than just cocking the gun like a normal person

• Options
    Only problem I have with my Vortex is it is so loud and mechanical sounding when you cock it

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Oh man, this is the best necropost.

So a while back I got rid of almost all of my nerf guns, partially because I didn't have anyone to shoot them with anymore, partially because I was running out of space to put them.

But I decided to get one of the newer ones to replace them, because dammit, I like owning nerf guns.

So yeah. The saving closet space thing didn't work out so well because I bought one of these.

20150326_120214_zps659mjruh.jpg

which fires these

20150326_120332_zps4q9ywdrn.jpg

It's so dumb, I love it. It's also loud as shit, and you have to pull the slide back about a foot and a half to cock it.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    My favorite Nerf guns right now are all in the Zombie Strike line, which has a kind of dumb aesthetic but whatever

The Slingfire is one of the most satisfying cocking actions of any Nerf gun I've ever used

And the Hammershot is a better pistol than the Maverick, because you can cock it one handed

I'm kind of tempted to pick up a Sledgefire as well, because while I love the Barrel Break in theory, in practice it is a shitty goddamn gun, and the Sledge looks to be doing some more interesting shotgun style stuff, despite not looking quite as cool

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    the hammershot/sweet revenge is my absolute favorite gun because you can dual wield that shit. it hurts a bit, but you can fuckin' fan-fire one, too, if you are so inclined

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    I need to buy a nerf shotgun

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    I always want to buy that not nerf lever action rifle. Lever ... action...!

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    JebusUD wrote: »
    I always want to buy that not nerf lever action rifle. Lever ... action...!

Or just get the Slingfire, which is the Nerf one.

slingfire.jpg

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Mysst wrote: »
    the hammershot/sweet revenge is my absolute favorite gun because you can dual wield that shit. it hurts a bit, but you can fuckin' fan-fire one, too, if you are so inclined

yeah the hammershot is amazing, probably one of the coolest nerf guns they've ever made. I'm really resisting buying a second one for dw action

edit: oh sweet revenge is the rebelle line version huh

that one even has a holster shit

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    yeah, the only reason I didn't get two sweet revenges was cause they weren't in target and they were absurdly marked up on amazon

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Naphtali wrote: »
    a second one for dw action

You can't handle this action.

• Options

yeah, I know you can't be fired with one hand

• Options

I find THAT hard to believe

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Mysst wrote: »

I find THAT hard to believe

Believe it.

• Options
    why did I start looking at nerf again, now they make a maverick that has two rotating cylinders

• Options
    Bring back the nerf hatchet

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    why did I start looking at nerf again, now they make a maverick that has two rotating cylinders

Mother of God.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular

Well, not the whole hand :+1:

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    A3ED87C95056900B10B0B378C5233784.jpg

Look at it

Screw guns im just going to throw these

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options

Mother of God.

wait no, it gets better. Four 6 shot rotating cylinders

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Speaking of upscaled Mavericks, here's one that fires the Mega darts.
    Wonder how modifiable it is.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    ByWNKaP.png

This is coming out this year apparently........

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    It looks like it wont be moddable maverick to have the slide all the way out

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    okay I'm just going to get another hammershot and then that's it

that's it

• Options
    Oh no

Im going to be moving into a house big enough to shoot nerf in..........

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular

Mother of God.

wait no, it gets better. Four 6 shot rotating cylinders
    The name seems to be a play on the words "doom" and "dominator". Likewise, it could also be a play on the words "doom" and the made-up suffix "inator".

Thanks, Wiki

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]