Options

Hey. How's your day going?

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Dang ol' weird guy is eating REALLY strong food in this class and man I have no issue with people eating in class but maybe you shouldn't eat something that's super smelly??

Is it Limberger cheese? Because that shit tastes just like it smells, ie Bigfoot's dick

Nah, it looks like some kind of... peas and squash? With some really strong spices added. Smells like mostly garlic.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Dang ol' weird guy is eating REALLY strong food in this class and man I have no issue with people eating in class but maybe you shouldn't eat something that's super smelly??

Is it Limberger cheese? Because that shit tastes just like it smells, ie Bigfoot's dick

Nah, it looks like some kind of... peas and squash? With some really strong spices added. Smells like mostly garlic.

Oh, well that doesn't too bad. At least it's not Limberger or microwaved tuna or something.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    I think if it were fish then people would have thrown the guy out. I know he's gotten complaints about it before.

As it stands it's only strong enough to hit people in his immediate vicinity, IE, me.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I think if it were fish then people would have thrown the guy out. I know he's gotten complaints about it before.

As it stands it's only strong enough to hit people in his immediate vicinity, IE, me.

He sounds pretty rude.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    I legitimately think he has some social issues where he isn't aware or just doesn't care about, uh, making a scene? He's thrown little tantrums when he's gotten poor grades on things, and often speaks to himself loudly enough to where he seems to expect a response.

I've said it before but he kind of seems like a guy that wasn't socialized very well and also was told he was super smart his whole life. Like maybe he's coasted through school through most of his life and this is one of his first tastes of actually having to apply himself. I can't say if any of this is true, but I just get that sense.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    MadEddy wrote: »
    Weaver wrote: »
    Thanks. He doesn't respond well to most pain meds so he's having a rough time. Like morphine/oxy do near to nothing for him. My dad is basically Gimli so he's trying to grimace through this.

I hope they used nothing but the finest mithril for his replacement knee, then.

He's getting a pair of these
    edit: I linked the wrong thing

this one

http://www.stryker.com/en-us/products/Orthopaedics/KneeReplacement/Primary/TriathlonTritanium/index.htm

Weaver on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    fixed my link, had the wrong knee replacement

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    I would wonder if that drastic change in traffic levels is because cars don't use the road anymore

Nah, people perceive the street to be narrower because of the trees, and therefore drive slower because of a narrow street it is more dangerous to drive fast and react. Trees which are close together make you more aware of your speed as they go past, and street trees are often associated with residential areas and families and potential kids playing in the street so people slow down.

Its a totally subconscious thing!

That's really cool.

I learned something today!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Liiya wrote: »
    I would wonder if that drastic change in traffic levels is because cars don't use the road anymore

Nah, people perceive the street to be narrower because of the trees, and therefore drive slower because of a narrow street it is more dangerous to drive fast and react. Trees which are close together make you more aware of your speed as they go past, and street trees are often associated with residential areas and families and potential kids playing in the street so people slow down.

Its a totally subconscious thing!

That's really cool.

I learned something today!

Weirdly this seems to be the exact opposite driving on Highway 17 to and from Santa Cruz.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Speaking of bad knees... I have pain shooting through my left knee tonight.

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Today was not that great.

For the last 9 months or so we've been staying at my grandfather's place to take care of home while was on in-home hospice. He had lung and heart problems. When we first found out, he was in the hospital not expecting to leave it. Before that his son had been staying here instead, mistreating him pretty badly, though I don't really want to get into grisly detail right now. When we took over he immediately got soooo much better, changing Doctor opinion from 3 months tops left to live, to suddenly possibly up to 2 years. After a few months he started declining again, slowly.

Until a couple weeks ago when he suddenly took a nosedive, and stopped eating much of anything and started rapidly losing mental facilities. For the last couple days it seemed like it might end literally any minute, but this morning he was finally beyond our ability to keep him in meaningful comfort, so he was taken to a facility designed for just such occasion.

I've obviously known it's been coming at various rates for awhile now, but it wasn't until holding my daughter and having her say goodbye as they were wheeling him out to take him away that it really sank in that that was the last time I was going to see him.

And now, in the middle of typing this, we get the call saying he passed.

It's a relief, since the stress of everything was placing such a toll on everyone that I had to keep somewhat detached to prevent my wife and mother from letting it turn self destructive. Yet I still feel awful for feeling that relief, even knowing it's okay, and that now I can actually feel some of the grief that's been waiting.

Hearing my two year old (barely) daughter tell grandpa's dog (Who would never leave his side this whole time) "don't be sad, it's okay, you're a good dog" right after they took him away nearly ruined me.

If I proofread this I'm never going to post it, so I'm just going to hope it's coherent.

• Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    I'm sorry for your loss. And it's totally natural to feel some relief after someone you love has had a long, slow death, because it's a horrendous thing that's finally over, he's finally not suffering anymore, and you can stop tensing for the punch that you've seen coming a mile away.

Hugs, man.

MadEddy on
    ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    Thanks. He doesn't respond well to most pain meds so he's having a rough time. Like morphine/oxy do near to nothing for him. My dad is basically Gimli so he's trying to grimace through this.

I've worked with TKA patients that range the gamut from "can't take any medication, life sucks, woe is I" to "this medication is great I can walk around the house no problem." Ride his ass to make sure he does what his physical therapist(s) and orthopedist tell him to do. Scar tissue this, inflammation that, next thing you know he's gotta do a manipulation, which is no fun.

Unless you live far away. Then try to get your mom to make him do his exercises and shit! Post-op rehab is not for shysters.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I've got the wrong kind of jetlag so I'm up till 3 or 4am but still have to be at work on time. Also, bummed about no job having.

Feel free to commission artwork from me starting July, though.

• Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Hey Weaver my thoughts are with your pa, knee surgery seems rough.

My Aunt had both hers replaced a few years ago and she was very limited in mobility for a while but in the long run she got way more mobility back than she had before.

Yeah, my grandad had both of his replaced about a year ago and he really kicked ass with the recovery. I almost couldn't believe they had him up and walking a few hours out of surgery, except I was up and walking after heart surgery so it kind of made sense. In fact he was doing so well and feeling so good that his doc told him he was doing his leg exercises too much and he had to slow it down some. He doesn't respond well to pain meds and he said even without them it hurt less than it did before the surgery. Dude is pretty awesome and I'm super glad his legs aren't in pain any longer.

Yeah, research has shown that after heart surgeries, the sooner you can get the patient walking, the better they will recover.

Doctors preached bed rest for years, and now it's on your feet as soon as possible.

Hey, sitting through cardiopulmonary phys wasn't a complete waste of time and money!

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    I've got the wrong kind of jetlag so I'm up till 3 or 4am but still have to be at work on time. Also, bummed about no job having.

can you draw nice butts

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    The nicest

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    how much do you charge for a real kickin booty drawing

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular

You got a portfolio link? I'm moving into a new place and would like some nice art for my walls and such

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Should be in my sig though I'm on my mobile so can't check. There a bunch of stuff here (though I need to upload more)

Http://niccarey.tumblr.com

tynic on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

In the art community, this is called a Self Portrait

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    It's dark and rainy out this morning, which usually puts me in a bit of a funk, but I'm feeling good for once. Got a nice hot cup of tea and a bunch of stuff to work on. Feels like it's gonna be a good day.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    I don't begrudge bikes their right to the road but I do have serious problems with the way some people ride them because they are much harder to see than cars sometimes and I am perpetually scared to death that someone's going to do something unpredictable and I'm going to hit them.

This is easily my biggest worry about cyclists

And then it seems like so many people just refuse to wear a god damn helmet I just want to shake them by the shoulders and ask them what the hell they're thinking

I saw some guy without a helmet fiddling on his phone while cruising down the bike lane this morning and just why would you do that

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    if you don't wear a helmet when riding a bike then you clearly don't have a brain to protect

broken image link
  • Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Peen wrote: »
    I don't begrudge bikes their right to the road but I do have serious problems with the way some people ride them because they are much harder to see than cars sometimes and I am perpetually scared to death that someone's going to do something unpredictable and I'm going to hit them.

This is easily my biggest worry about cyclists

And then it seems like so many people just refuse to wear a god damn helmet I just want to shake them by the shoulders and ask them what the hell they're thinking

I saw some guy without a helmet fiddling on his phone while cruising down the bike lane this morning and just why would you do that

Texting while driving is awful, texting while riding a bike is one of those things I refuse to believe even while I look at it

my mind cannot accept it

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »

In the art community, this is called a Self Portrait

I admit to being uncomfortable paying tynic to draw me a picture of her butt D:

• Options
    Wait so I'm supposed to rope in some unsuspecting butt protege???

That seems unethical ...

• Options
    make fantasy butt!

• Options
    draw a butt from your mindscape

a mind-butt

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    the imagination reels

three cheeks!

horizontal crack!

WHERE WILL IT END

• Options
    This sounds more like a job for @ChicoBlue

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Should be in my sig though I'm on my mobile so can't check. There a bunch of stuff here (though I need to upload more)

Http://niccarey.tumblr.com

Yeah I am on my phone too

Your art is very nice though. I will almost certainly commission something from you for my new place!

• Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    Bought a Frappe this morning and gave myself a bout of brain-freeze that was so dire I had to lay on the floor of my cubicle and curl up in fetal position until is passed.

Now I'm scared to drink more but it's soooo good.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Dixon wrote: »
    Bought a Frappe this morning and gave myself a bout of brain-freeze that was so dire I had to lay on the floor of my cubicle and curl up in fetal position until is passed.

Now I'm scared to drink more but it's soooo good.

with a frappe i usually drink half, then just pour hot black coffee into the second half because i'm sick of brain freeze and want more caffiene

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I may commission something from you as well Nic. Lord knows I have more art than I have walls to hang it, but most of it is from the same person.

I've been considering doing a Dorian Gray for Halloween, I'd need a good portrait for that.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    I may commission something from you as well Nic. Lord knows I have more art than I have walls to hang it, but most of it is from the same person.

I've been considering doing a Dorian Gray for Halloween, I'd need a good portrait for that.

That's an awesome Halloween costume idea.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I've been considering it for a while. If I grow my hair out a bit I look an awful lot like Oscar Wilde.

The only catch is that it pretty much only works if I'm hosting a Halloween party.

• Options
    Just carry the portrait with you

• Options
    Carry a painting around all night. What could possibly go wrong?

• Options
    Just carry the portrait with you

have someone dressed in a black full body suit carry it behind you

look like it's floating

This discussion has been closed.