Options

Depressions: Can we learn from past [chat]?

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    also penis tentacle is redundant

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    jakobagger wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    @jakobagger is The Apartment up on Danish Netflix? If so, watch it. It's one of the best movies ever made.

nope

really gotta get on that proxy soon I suppose

edit: but Smoke Signals apparently is up now. All my inter library loanings were unnecessary..

alright so I am going to shotgun some titles without checking their netflix availability but you have my word that they are all good movies and good comedies:

Intermission
    Night on Earth
    Mystery Train
    Next Stop Wonderland
    Mumford
    After Hours
    License to Drive
    The Weather Man
    Election (by Alexander Payne, not Johnnie To)
    Chungking Express
    God of Cookery

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    I feel like any world problem, economic crisis, whatever

can be solved with a ladder match

No you just need wrestlers with swag like my bro Shinsuke Nakamura here

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Tanaka

Tanakatanaka

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    listen just because knights of sidonia has a penis tentacle waifu doesn't mean its not great

the muse song?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

Reundancies are important yo

gawd it's like you've never even been a Starfleet engineer

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    This is pretty boring.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Today I am consulting, one of the managers is away and they have given me his office.

I like this development.

He has lots of six sigma books and another one called 1001 ways to reward employees, which I find intriguing.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

Penises cannot be maneuvered in such a way that they can grip small objects. Tentacles can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocWF6d0nelY

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Penises cannot be maneuvered in such a way that they can grip small objects.
    speak 4 urself

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options

Penises cannot be maneuvered in such a way that they can grip small objects. Tentacles can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocWF6d0nelY

I submit to you that dolphin, snail and duck penises contradict this assertion.

• Options
    For semi-whimsical comedy with a female lead, why not Juno?

• Options
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    jakobagger is The Apartment up on Danish Netflix? If so, watch it. It's one of the best movies ever made.

this is the most correct opinion

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options

The camera person here seemed to fundamentally misunderstand the nature of cameras.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    thanks reddit

i8JlvJxh.png

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Oh, @Jacobkosh and @DasUberEdward I watched After Hours for the first time the other day, had been wanting to for a while after DUE posted the trailer

and now I really want to write a modern version of what that movie is essentially: a dude in his twenties out late at night and the kind of weird shit that happens when you venture out into the city in search of sex or just something to do.

That movie reminded me of my college years and the strange shit that would happen whenever we went downtown drinking, and I loved how contained and oddly relatable the movie felt.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    running hell modes is mega boring

can i at least get some uniques i can use instead of epics i can't or something

Orphane on
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    speaking of netflix recommendations wasn't @y2jake215 asking for stuff in German? Neflix (at least Danish) has a miniseries called unsere mütter unsere väter about the aftermath of WWII in a German village that gets bisected by the border between East and West. It's pretty good, what little I watched anyway. Not the cheeriest story, though.

Other than that, comics are always really good for learning a foreign language. Most of my 10th grade German classes were spent reading the works of Ralf König, which...maybe you can find scans of them online? I'd be surprised if the paper version were readily available in the US. It's underground comics mostly about gay men and the gay social scene in Germany. Quite good.

Danke schön mein bruder

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Orphane wrote: »
    running hell modes is hella boring
    ftfy

cB557 on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    this doesn't totally fit that description wash but have you seen Naked? your post made me think of it.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Also depending on region and such Portuguese speakers consider themselves to be speaking Espanol.

Just like Americans with English

America is the Brazil of England.

What? That's just... wrong. Like, no they're not speaking that language.
    I guess it is one of the closest pairings of languages that is extant, so it makes sense.

Though, on the other hand all the different Chinese dialects get put under Chinese and they are simultaneously closer and further away.

Language is p weird

I've never heard of a Portuguese conflating their language with Espanol. Or vice versa.

@Drez my belief here comes from a Linguistics professor in university who, amongst other things, catalogued differences in South American languages.

I never saw the data directly, but she was very very knowledgeable, I knew her outside of class and she basically did nothing but study languages. So I don't think she was lying or making stuff up.

Also, from what she said it was Portuguese speakers in South American, and was definitely not shared by Portuguese nationals or Espanol actual (?)speakers.

Fair enough :)@Apothe0sis

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    @jakobagger is The Apartment up on Danish Netflix? If so, watch it. It's one of the best movies ever made.

nope

really gotta get on that proxy soon I suppose

edit: but Smoke Signals apparently is up now. All my inter library loanings were unnecessary..

alright so I am going to shotgun some titles without checking their netflix availability but you have my word that they are all good movies and good comedies:

Intermission
    Night on Earth
    Mystery Train
    Next Stop Wonderland
    Mumford
    After Hours
    License to Drive
    The Weather Man
    Election (by Alexander Payne, not Johnnie To)
    Chungking Express
    God of Cookery

ok so for now Next Stop Wonderland wins since it is literally the only one available

but I will look into the others and whether I can acquire them - apart from Night on Earth, haven't watched any of them

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    There are such things as prehensile penises, and also male octopi use one modified tentacle as a penis, so...

They sometimes rip it off and present it to females

• Options
    I clicked a linked video entitled "biggest Crab in the world"

Which is a dude picking up mud crabs. A lot.

It is notable because they aren't the biggest in the world. So disappoint.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    I clicked a linked video entitled "biggest Crab in the world"

Which is a dude picking up mud crabs. A lot.

It is notable because they aren't the biggest in the world. So disappoint.

people lie on the internet

• Options
    Variable wrote: »
    this doesn't totally fit that description wash but have you seen Naked? your post made me think of it.

are you sure you weren't just thinking of him naked?

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    There are such things as prehensile penises, and also male octopi use one modified tentacle as a penis, so...

.....ladiieessss

• Options

.....ladiieessss

"I pledge unto you, m'lady …"

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    So apparently the women have decided to do an accurate recreation of WWII in soccer form.

Commendable I guess.

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    speaking of netflix recommendations wasn't @y2jake215 asking for stuff in German? Neflix (at least Danish) has a miniseries called unsere mütter unsere väter about the aftermath of WWII in a German village that gets bisected by the border between East and West. It's pretty good, what little I watched anyway. Not the cheeriest story, though.

Other than that, comics are always really good for learning a foreign language. Most of my 10th grade German classes were spent reading the works of Ralf König, which...maybe you can find scans of them online? I'd be surprised if the paper version were readily available in the US. It's underground comics mostly about gay men and the gay social scene in Germany. Quite good.

Danke schön mein bruder

bitte sehr

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    @Jacobkosh @Pony @Dread Pirate Arbuthnot

Y'all know about the Rat Queens comic? I assume you do since y'all are usually ahead of me on this stuff but just in case.

If not. It is the fucking best fantasy story ever. It's literally a D&D campaign full of people who don't give a fuck in comic form.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I watched Wet Hot American Summer last night

pretty good!

• Options
    For semi-whimsical comedy with a female lead, why not Juno?

already watched, not on netflix

but that was the mood I was in, for sure

• Options

yesss that is the best

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    What is this game?!

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Quid wrote: »
    Jacobkosh Pony "Dread Pirate Arbuthnot"

Y'all know about the Rat Queens comic? I assume you do since y'all are usually ahead of me on this stuff but just in case.

If not. It is the fucking best fantasy story ever. It's literally a D&D campaign full of people who don't give a fuck in comic form.

I have heard things but have not read

I don't read nearly enough comics : (

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    APTOPIXMideastGaza_News_620x310.jpg

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    Jacobkosh Pony "Dread Pirate Arbuthnot"

I have heard things but have not read

I don't read nearly enough comics : (

You and Shiv should def read this one.

For reference this is what goes on between the rogue and captain of the guard (spoilers)
    stZfwSU.jpg?1

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    D4UqArnl.jpg

This discussion has been closed.