As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[steam] thread: Abandon all game completion, ye who backlog here.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    You unlucky bastard! Steam still ain't letting me buy shit! :(

Still? How.... unfortunate...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Not Steam, but I've been playing Okami HD on my PS3 and it's such a great game so far. It's too bad it never got a PC port. For a game that's almost 10 years old, it still looks really nice.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular

Not to worry, 48 hours to go!

• Options
    I've just watched the new Dying Light dlc teaser showcasing everything they've put into the game so far. Picking up the expansion pack asap as any developer who puts this much effort into their game post release deserves the dosh. also..... VEHICLES WOOOOOHOOOOOOO!

Gamescom needs to hurry up!

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFgtBOGSBSo

Life is Strange Episode 4 trailer. Coming out on the 28th.

• Options

48 hours... to what?

That sounds mildly ominous.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

Oh dear, there's an actual countdown?

• Options
    Huh I just noticed Enhanced Steam has added a Performance Survey on game pages. That's a pretty nifty little feature for people that want to figure out how a game might run, provided the feature sees much use.

• Options
    Madican wrote: »

I think he got confused. Sleep deprivation, y'know? What he really means is that he wants 48 more games.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    New Game Every Hour!

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options

I think he got confused. Sleep deprivation, y'know? What he really means is that he wants 48 more games.

Thanks for qbqbqb @Pixelated Pixie but no, I do not want 48 more games! I will, however, take so free time or a better job! :p

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFgtBOGSBSo

Life is Strange Episode 4 trailer. Coming out on the 28th.

Yesssssss. This is currently my favorite game of the year, and episode 3 ended on the biggest gut punch cliffhanger ever. I can't wait.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Soooo I'm not giving GMG any business anymore. The VIP page had a bad redirect which led to me to purchase a GOG key instead of Steam. Their support being tremendous asshats refuse to exchange or give me credit. I tried being nice, but now I'm going to dispute via my credit card. In turn they replied, "well since you want to dispute with your card we'll suspend your account and depending on the outcome of the dispute your account may remain permanently suspended."

Sad they are willing to lose a customer who has spent hundreds of dollars, maybe more.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Huh I just noticed Enhanced Steam has added a Performance Survey on game pages. That's a pretty nifty little feature for people that want to figure out how a game might run, provided the feature sees much use.

That sounds awesome. I wish Enhanced Steam was still updated for Firefox.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I enjoyed it but some found it annoying! :p

It's an excellent example of why I hate 99% of Youtubers. You can literally click to any point at random in that video and the person will be talking. Just shut the fuck up for like ten seconds and let me take in the game you are playing.

Well... yeah? It's their job to keep talking? You can't let silence hang on too long in videos, it's just like radio silence. I spend most of my time with these videos running in the background, as I think most people do, so youtubers know they have to keep going to keep things interesting. If you're just looking for raw gameplay, of course you're not going to find it on a personality-based youtuber (ie, someone who is watched for themselves rather than the games they're playing).

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Looks like Steam is starting to branch into other software like we originally thought they would, instead of being limited to gaming-related things.

"Kid friendly" web browser
    The Professor Teaches series for Windows/Office stuff
    Camera software
    CyberLink PowerDVD

Actually kinda surprised at that last one because, deserved or not, that's kinda a big name. I'm expecting a bunch of people to needlessly shit all over it in reviews. :V

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Looks like Steam is starting to branch into other software like we originally thought they would, instead of being limited to gaming-related things.

Camera software
    CyberLink PowerDVD

Actually kinda surprised at that last one because, deserved or not, that's kinda a big name. I'm expecting a bunch of people to needlessly shit all over it in reviews. :V

Heck, that Panda Web Browser is in early access.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Soooo I'm not giving GMG any business anymore. The VIP page had a bad redirect which led to me to purchase a GOG key instead of Steam. Their support being tremendous asshats refuse to exchange or give me credit. I tried being nice, but now I'm going to dispute via my credit card. In turn they replied, "well since you want to dispute with your card we'll suspend your account and depending on the outcome of the dispute your account may remain permanently suspended."

Sad they are willing to lose a customer who has spent hundreds of dollars, maybe more.

That's a shame. GMG was crushing it for a while, but seems to be struggling a bit lately. They've certainly rubbed some customers the wrong way in the last year with delayed pre-order keys.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    *reads up on the latest PowerDVD because he's not checked out that software in a long, long time*

...huh. Glad to see that it sounds like they've gotten it to be less bloat-y, but I'm genuinely surprised they were allowed to include some of this stuff? It can boot ISOs of blu rays without a virtual drive, and apparently allows you to physically download youtube video/extract the audio into mp3 files in a very streamlined manner. I thought that was of dubious legality.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Drovek wrote: »

Camera software
    CyberLink PowerDVD

Heck, that Panda Web Browser is in early access.

But does it drop cards?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »

That's a shame. GMG was crushing it for a while, but seems to be struggling a bit lately. They've certainly rubbed some customers the wrong way in the last year with delayed pre-order keys.

GMG annoys me simply because they always have the same prices as other sites but you have to use a coupon code to get it. It's like "GameX only $6.25" but then they throw a 20% coupon code at you to bring it to $4.99 like other sites already had priced it previously. If you want to sell a game for $5, just do that, don't pretend that your VIP or coupons are special.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    *reads up on the latest PowerDVD because he's not checked out that software in a long, long time*

...huh. Glad to see that it sounds like they've gotten it to be less bloat-y, but I'm genuinely surprised they were allowed to include some of this stuff? It can boot ISOs of blu rays without a virtual drive, and apparently allows you to physically download youtube video/extract the audio into mp3 files in a very streamlined manner. I thought that was of dubious legality.

Extracting the audio is trivial anyways though...

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options

sCIdRhv.jpg

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    Really dumb question but if I bought a game that ran poorly and returned it but now I have a better system and bought that game again, would I still have the option to return it even if I had bought it before?

• Options
    Just a final reminder: Way of the Samurai 4 is releasing in around 30 minutes (apparently?), so last chance to pre-purchase at 40% off.

All signs point to amazing performance, though locked at 30fps and really, really needs a controller to play.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    Really dumb question but if I bought a game that ran poorly and returned it but now I have a better system and bought that game again, would I still have the option to return it even if I had bought it before?

You should but I think it'll definetly be one thing they will sort of look at if they think you are abusing the system someday. Probably a single instance of this would be fine.

• Options
    If you need a reason to purchase Way of the Samurai 4 besides the discount, there is a prominent NPC named Melinda Megamelons

• Options
    If you need a reason to purchase Way of the Samurai 4 besides the discount, there is a prominent NPC named Melinda Megamelons

That's some Connery-era Bond character naming.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options

You should but I think it'll definetly be one thing they will sort of look at if they think you are abusing the system someday. Probably a single instance of this would be fine.

That's what I figured. My wife is out of town next week, seemed like a perfect time to reinvest in some sweaty half dressed men.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

I would consider this a negative to be honest.

• Options

GMG annoys me simply because they always have the same prices as other sites but you have to use a coupon code to get it. It's like "GameX only $6.25" but then they throw a 20% coupon code at you to bring it to $4.99 like other sites already had priced it previously. If you want to sell a game for $5, just do that, don't pretend that your VIP or coupons are special.

Except when they don't. There's a bunch of times I've gotten [sometimes significantly] better prices than other places because of coupon codes they email me. Especially on new release/preorder stuff. :) (granted, some issues folks have had with preorder keys make me hesitant to do that now, but it has, in fairness, never been an issue for me personally)

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options

That's what I figured. My wife is out of town next week, seemed like a perfect time to reinvest in some sweaty half dressed men.

Hmm... my new favorite out of context potential sig material...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options

Except when they don't. There's a bunch of times I've gotten [sometimes significantly] better prices than other places because of coupon codes they email me. Especially on new release/preorder stuff. :) (granted, some issues folks have had with preorder keys make me hesitant to do that now, but it has, in fairness, never been an issue for me personally)

Maybe that's the difference - I don't buy a lot of new/preorder stuff since I'm eternally playing catch up :)

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

For a lot of us. For the average computer user?

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

For a lot of us. For the average computer user?

Depends on where you want to set the definition of average.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Yeah I've often found GMG's prices to often be a good chunk lower than other places. But they keep having issues. That plus Steam's new returns policy make me less likely to jump on the next 30-40% game from them.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular

Hmm... my new favorite out of context potential sig material...

LiLo's a goddamn treasure trove of out-of-context sit quotes (see below).

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Looks like the details for Rise of the Tomb Raider's release are out.

http://gematsu.com/2015/07/rise-tomb-raider-coming-pc-early-2016-ps4-holiday-2016

Early 2016 for PC, looks like a year total delay for PS4.

• Options
    Looks like the details for Rise of the Tomb Raider's release are out.

http://gematsu.com/2015/07/rise-tomb-raider-coming-pc-early-2016-ps4-holiday-2016

Early 2016 for PC, looks like a year total delay for PS4.

I'm still bitter about that bullshit. But I'll still be playing it on [PC] day 1.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular

Typically I like GMG, they do occasionally have the best deals but I just can't believe how awful this guy's response has been. I mean I contacted them within minutes, and normally I'd suck it up and just eat my loss, but it seems they are going out of their way to be needlessly rude and pedantic for the sake of. Over the years I have made great strides to be nice to customer service reps because it can be a really shitty job where people just abuse you all day, but when I come in politely and ask for any help and your response is fuck off, too bad... I'm not going to pull punches.

This discussion has been closed.