As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dungeons and Dragons: Neverwinter] It might have become Winter.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    @ironzerg You want the second code?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    @DaMoonRulz I would love me some codes!

• Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    @DaMoonRulz Still cranking away here in Neverwinter. I'd love a code. Whatever it ends up being, I'll name it after you.

• Options
    @ironzerg I've been using your Renegade Spellstorm guide since returning to the game in the past month or so, I hit 70 a week ago, and have no idea what power is the best choice for my final point, any advice for the best one to get to rank 4?

• Options
    Codes sent. Show off what u get

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    SutibunRi wrote: »
    @ironzerg I've been using your Renegade Spellstorm guide since returning to the game in the past month or so, I hit 70 a week ago, and have no idea what power is the best choice for my final point, any advice for the best one to get to rank 4?

Chilling Presence. Then Storm Spell.

And as you gain experience post-70, you'll get rewards for "overflow experience", one of which is more power points, so you'll be able to max everything out eventually.

• Options
    @DaMoonRulz Sweet, got the Drow Mercenary pet! Thanks for the code!

• Options
    I am Shocked! Shocked I say!
    Vanguard Pack + Sightseer Title.

• Options
    @tommat @goose! You guys still playing on PC?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    More info on Strongholds:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9360573-neverwinter:-first-look-at-strongholds-dev-blog
    Hi everyone, I’m Sean “Commander Ander” McCann, and I’m excited to talk to you today about Neverwinter: Strongholds! We here at Cryptic have been working hard on the expansion and we wanted to take this chance to explain what Strongholds are and our design philosophy behind them.

Our main goal with Strongholds was to provide a more interesting experience for players in guilds. We want to provide challenges and tasks that the guild as a whole could tackle.

These challenges come in the form of your Stronghold. All guilds will have their own Stronghold “adventure zone”. At the start, the Stronghold is dilapidated and the land around it infested with enemies. As the guild ranks up, the Stronghold begins to get repaired, townsfolk start move back in, new enemies will appear and new structures will be built.

A core part of Strongholds is donating to the coffer and building structures. Members of the guild will be able to donate a wide range of items to the guild coffer and players with the proper permission can spend what is in the coffer to build structures on the Stronghold map. Some structures will help improve the guild land, while others will provide boons for members of the guild. It will be up to your guild to decide which structures to build.

We want Strongholds to bring a new dimension to guilds within Neverwinter. Those in higher positions in guilds will be able to set goals that the rest of the guild can work together to achieve, whether it’s upgrading the guild hall to see the next part of the Stronghold storyline, or getting that last resource from a dungeon to upgrade your Archer Tower in PvP.

This is just the beginning of what will be coming with Strongholds, keep an eye out for more news and a release on the Preview shard soon!

• Options
    We made the front page today via the guild spotlight :biggrin:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9492453-guild-spotlight:-unrepentant

18d32294d5c091ef74276e6f1de52e601438909567.jpg

What's the story behind how your guild was founded?

Like the vibrant tapestry of gaming history itself, the story of Unrepentant is woven through years of multiplayer games. The U, as we affectionately call it, first started over 7 years ago when a group of like-minded players split from your typical drama laden guild. As these players adventured from MMO to MMO, watching various games rise and fall, they realized what was really important was not so much the games we play, but the people we play with. So out of this ideal was born the Unrepentant Gaming Community, a place where casual adult gamers could come together to play whatever games they wanted, the way they wanted, without having to worry about guild drama, play time quotas, guild taxes or mandatory attendance.

The Neverwinter Branch was formed as soon as the early access period began on April 25th, 2013 and we've been proudly spilling beers and dragon blood ever since!

How did your guild choose its name?

The exact method of HOW the name was chosen lays scattered, lost to time like sands on the wind. But what we do know is WHY we chose the name "Unrepentant". We were proud to be casual gamers. Proud to put people ahead of pixels. And proud to make our own way in the MMO-verse. It was also a sort of dig at the guild the Unrepentant founders had left. They weren't sorry they walked away from a bunch of childish drama, and to this day are "Unrepentant" about their decision.

What's the message you want conveyed about your guild?

Central to Unrepentant is our sense of community. It's one of the few things we take seriously around here. We believe the games you play aren’t as important as the people you play them with, and when we look for new members we asked ourselves, "would we want to hang out and have a drink with them?" Freedom, friendship and fun times is what matters to The U. You don’t have to be a good player to be Unrepentant, but you do have to be a good person to join our ranks. We don't cheat, we don't exploit, we don't abuse mechanics. We're here to play the game and build friendships. We'll do dungeons, skirmishes and attack new content as it's added, not afraid to tackle the challenges set out in front of us. Our hope is that we can make the gaming communities we play in a better place for everyone who shares in that game, and not just members of the U.

Any favorite hang-out spots?

We always seem to end up congregating just outside the Grand Emporium between the bank and the auction house. It's not uncommon to find a few members of Unrepentant dancing around on their mounts, making silly emotes or just goofing off around there while we're getting a guild group together, waiting for a PvP queue or deciding what the nightly shenanigans are going to be.

What's one of the best guild events you've done?

We try to organize some pretty big events every module to get more people playing together, grouping up and helping each other out. For Module 6, we hosted a "Ueys who slay together, stay together!" event where we offered prizes for people to group up and adventure together. Basically for every unique person you grouped with over the course of a week, you got entered into a raffle to win a bunch of prizes that had been donated by guild members. Mounts, rare and exotic pets, equipment, enchantments...all kinds of stuff was awarded. And the grand prize was a generously donated Legendary Emperor Beetle mount. We even had a bonus component to encourage members to get on the test server and check out the Tiamat updates Cryptic was working on, which was cool because we had almost a full Tiamat instance with just Ueys in it. It really shows how much more value we put on having fun and playing together, over just collecting pixels.

What has you most excited about Strongholds?

We're absolutely ecstatic about the opportunity to really come together and build something as a group. We have an awesome community of players, but it will be even cooler to see that awesomeness coalescence into something tangible we can all be proud of. We're also excited to see that building out a Stronghold is going to be a long-term task that's going to require a lot of effort on our part, the kind of effort that can really help people feel great about the community they're a part of.

If your guild was an animal, what would it be?

It would definitely being a feisty racoon who snuck into a warehouse full of beer when no one was looking. Unrepentant is the kind of guild that literally stumbles upon greatness.

Who can players contact if they want either more information or want to join the guild?

You can always drop by our website at www.unrepentantgaming.com. Or you can find us in our official recruitment thread on the Arc Forums (link: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/524475/unrepentant-gaming-the-finest-in-pantless-drunken-exploit-free-gaming). And our members are always happy to help people or chat about the game, so if you see someone running around with the <Unrepentant> tag, don't be afraid to say "hello!"

Any final comments?

Be good to each other. A game is made up of people, and it's often the quality of the people, not necessarily the game code itself that can make a good game great. We're lucky in that we have a very passionate group of gamers working on Neverwinter to make it an amazing experience, but it's often times how we treat others in our community that speaks volumes. Just like a tuxedo tee shirt, we can take this seriously but let's all remember we're also here to have a good time.

• Options
    Module 7: Strongholds is going live this afternoon. And it looks amazing.

• Options
    Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular
    After having not played since a couple months after launch, I patched up and got back into the game a few days ago. Now I've got a gigantic dragon man paladin riding a gigantic armored spider, at level 20. The game's more fun than I remember.

• Options
    It's changed a ton in the last two years...it's hard to believe that it's that old now.

We got our Stronghold up and running last night. It was awesome. It's basically like your own, huge PvE guild-only PvE playground.

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    I saw pants in that picture.

Misleading!

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    We like to keep it decent for the families viewing at home. :D

• Options
    edited August 2015
    New Dragonflight event is neat...Guild only "raid", where you have to kill four dragons simultaneously. The more dragons you kill, the better the rewards.

The only catch, is the dragon will flee if more than 20 people attack it, and once one dragon dies, the others flee in one minute. And once you kick it off, you only have 10 minutes to murder.

We rocked it out last night and reliably got three out of four down each time with about 20 people. Good times.

CrYERrD.png

ironzerg on
  • Options
    More Stronghold shenanigans courtesy of Unrepentant Gaming. Our Dragon Speed Dating ended last night with all four of those lovely ladies going down for us.

• Options
    a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    So they took AD rewards out of just about every Leadership task. Kinda kills my drive to play the game, as casual as that drive was, as the Gateway and invoking were the main reasons I stuck around. I don't really have the time or the motivation to run dungeons and dailies.

Guess I should have checked the patch notes before I bought those three Heroes. I would have at least waiting until the price tanked more.

Number One Tricky
  • Options
    But why do invoking and the gateway, if you didn't want to actually play the game?

• Options
    a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    But I did play the game. 8 characters, six of them at (the old) max level, two of them I was actively running through Dread Ring and Sharandar and whatnot. The professions is what kept me connected to the game when I was busy, as I could log in and do 10 minutes of work and felt I was getting something out of it. Or it was one of the reasons that brought me back after leaving the game for months at a time.

Number One Tricky
  • Options
    Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    Does anyone still play this? I just played through the intro and it seems pretty fun. I'd like an invite to the guild if it's still a thing, please.

Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • Options
    WolfeborneWolfeborne Registered User regular
    Is there a guild for the Xbox-1? If not does anyone have suggestions?

• Options
    I'm around on PC still. Things are still clicking along, although I find people either love it or hate it. Although new changes are in store for Module 8 that look pretty exciting, and the new content coming is fun...it'll be out on the PC November 17th.

• Options
    is "What a Nice Guild" still active or is there a different guild for us PA forum folk now?

• Options
    There's likely nothing specifically PA related left at this point.

• Options
    Your guild looks pretty awesome, Ironzerg. Should I apply on the website first or just send a tell to someone who's online for an invite request? Also, what's your acct/character name so I can friend you?

• Options
    @ironzerg is my handle in game, too. And yeah, if you like the idea of being part of a bigger gaming community, feel free to apply. Number one piece of advice: We're looking for good people, not just bodies for a Neverwinter guild, so take some time with the application. We want to get a feel for who you are and get a conversation started.

Alternatively, you can look me up in game, play for a few more days just to make sure it's your thing...but heck, even if it isnt', Unrepentant is active in about a dozen different MMOs now, so there should be some sort of flavor for you to savor.

• Options
    Ok, I'll hit you up once I hit lvl 15 (won't let me send tells before then). I haven't had much time to play lately.

• Options
    These days I has to be adult during the week...most of my play time tends to come on the weekends.

• Options
    I hit lvl 15 last night, I'll try and find you in game and will fill out an application for UG soon, too.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Tattersoul hooked me up with an invite to UG. Submitted my application on the UG site. Looking forward to meeting the guildies.

Saint Justice on
  • Options
    Sweet. I just saw your app. Thanks for taking the time to answer all the questions with some great answers...that's like 90% of the battle. I won't be in game until Friday due to some work travel, but I'll be around on the forums.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Greetings,

Lately we’ve been taking a closer look at the Astral Diamond economy in Neverwinter. This is something that, in the past, we have always watched but not closely scrutinized. It’s something we now know should be a regular part of the dev process. We want to keep a closer eye on the AD economy and we know we can do better.

It turns out that managing economies is hard and complex. Dealing with two economies is even harder, but we are up for the challenge. There are several things that need to happen in the short term. We know players need ways to earn enough AD, and that AD vendor prices need to be in a place that makes sense. We want to make sure those things are true. Right now, we think it’s sometimes too hard to earn AD, and some of the prices are too high, so we’re making some changes. We’ll keep watching, and we’ll make more changes if needed.

Here are the changes that will be going live on PC for Underdark on November 17 and in the near future for Xbox One. These are changes that increase earn rates and decrease prices on both platforms:

1) +50% Astral Diamonds earned for gameplay-focused activities: dungeons, skirmishes, PvP, and the weekly quests mentioned in a prior post.
    -This includes the base activity, the daily rewards, and the daily limits to what you can earn for these activities (the stuff that Rhix talks about).
    2) An increase to the daily AD refinement cap from 24,000 to 36,000.
    3) Companion price reductions: we know companions can get pretty expensive. We think it’s fun to have several, though, and we want that to be viable. We also want you to be able to upgrade (increase the quality of) a specific companion if you love your pet, not just discard it for some other purple — right now that’s so expensive it’s not very practical. We think it’s OK for it to be a little more expensive to upgrade a specific companion. But it shouldn’t be ridiculously more expensive than buying a brand-new companion (of the upgraded color). With that in mind, we’re making some changes:
    -Lower prices for the Wondrous Bazaar companions. These blue companions used to cost 650,000 – 800,000 AD; they now all cost 400,000 AD.
    -Significantly lower costs to upgrading a companion at the lower qualities:
    --White to Green: was 300,000 AD, now 50,000 AD
    --Green to Blue: was 500,000 AD, now 250,000 AD
    --Blue to Purple: was 750,000 AD, now 500,000 AD
    --Purple to Orange is staying the same (1,000,000 AD).
    4) Exploit fix: There was a severe AD-farming exploit involving Planar Idols and Astral Resonators (items that appear in certain older lockboxes). Earlier attempts to fix them did not work. So we’ve changed how they work completely — they still give the same amount of AD to anyone using them without the exploit, but the exploit should no longer be possible.

• Options
    The AD changes are really nice, as is the Trade Bar store rework launching today. Really makes being a VIP at 1000 Zen/month a steal.

Part of me is a little *ugh* that they hadn't been paying closer attention to AD levels, how much players earn and from where until this summer, but I'm happy that they're looking at those metrics more critically now.

Module 8 is bring a ton of very player friendly changes to the game. Can't wait. This afternoon should be fun.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    I logged in on Xbox for the first time in forever... Oh boy.

The numbers on Disintegrate almost look like a misprint when compared to every other spell I have.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    I'm installing this.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    If you need a pal, look me up. @ironzerg

• Options
    edited March 2016
    For those interested, Acquisitions Incorporated is making an appearance as a special event in Neverwinter starting at the end of this month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mkf2W3jNXSM

https://arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9867223

ironzerg on
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    This is coming to the PS4 July 19th and a friend and I are going to dabble in it a bit. I may ask some beginner level questions here is that is cool? I have a lot of WoW experience but this seems to have a different feel from that. I assume since it has been on the Xbox for so long the ps4 version will be pretty stable. At least I hope.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion