As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] DEATHRATTLE: POST IN NEW THREAD!

• Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Marty81 wrote: »
    Jutranjo wrote: »
    I got a golden mukkla from a spectate daily, is that inspire: random spell legendary still the best card to craft for midrange decks?

You know the internet: Pics or it didn't happen.

I didn't take a picture of the pack itself, it also had an epic in it but I forgot which.

I'm 100% dusting this, I have a boom but no Sylvanas so unless something shows itself to be the Dr. Boom of TGT in 2-3 weeks it's classic legendary time.

I would wait and think really hard about that if I were you. Other experiences may vary, but personally Sylvanas has been one of my most disappointing crafts.

What decks are you running her in? She's the absolute queen of midrange and control decks.

None right now.

My most played classes are Warlock (Zoo, Malylock) and Rogue (oil). Other decks I run include patron warrior, midrange or face hunter, tempo mage, and dragon mage.

I don't enjoy playing control warrior or priest, and I don't really have the cards for druid (no AoL's) or paladin (no quartermaster, no LoH). I've found her to be ok but not necessary in handlock. Sure Sylvanas+shadowflame that clears board and steals Rag/Ysera is great, but I've been able to pull that off like once or twice ever.

I also try to make my own decks but she's been underwhelming in those. She doesn't help at all against aggro and against control most of the time she just gets silenced or polymorph/hexed, and even when she doesn't it's rare that she forces great trades. I think maybe sometimes it's better not to play her so the opponent will hold a silence they never use. I don't know, maybe I'm using her wrong. Can you (anyone) help me learn about what decks she's best in and how to use her best? Specific gamestate examples that come up frequently would be helpful.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    I got a golden mukkla from a spectate daily, is that inspire: random spell legendary still the best card to craft for midrange decks?

You know the internet: Pics or it didn't happen.

I didn't take a picture of the pack itself, it also had an epic in it but I forgot which.

I'm 100% dusting this, I have a boom but no Sylvanas so unless something shows itself to be the Dr. Boom of TGT in 2-3 weeks it's classic legendary time.

I would wait and think really hard about that if I were you. Other experiences may vary, but personally Sylvanas has been one of my most disappointing crafts.

What decks are you running her in? She's the absolute queen of midrange and control decks.

None right now.

My most played classes are Warlock (Zoo, Malylock) and Rogue (oil). Other decks I run include patron warrior, midrange or face hunter, tempo mage, and dragon mage.

I don't enjoy playing control warrior or priest, and I don't really have the cards for druid (no AoL's) or paladin (no quartermaster, no LoH). I've found her to be ok but not necessary in handlock. Sure Sylvanas+shadowflame that clears board and steals Rag/Ysera is great, but I've been able to pull that off like once or twice ever.

I also try to make my own decks but she's been underwhelming in those. She doesn't help at all against aggro and against control most of the time she just gets silenced or polymorph/hexed, and even when she doesn't it's rare that she forces great trades. I think maybe sometimes it's better not to play her so the opponent will hold a silence they never use. I don't know, maybe I'm using her wrong. Can you (anyone) help me learn about what decks she's best in and how to use her best? Specific gamestate examples that come up frequently would be helpful.

I'll screenshot every time enemy Sylvani screw me over in the next few days to show you (it happens a lot).

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Play sylvanas in a deck where you have 2 other cards you would rather her get polymorphed than.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Hafu's doing her arena card review of TGT for those of you who are into arena.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    I am both into arena and Hafu (no hetero)

But! I don't have time to watch that right now, so someone should watch and write me a summary, please.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    jakobagger wrote: »
    I am both into arena and Hafu (no hetero)

But! I don't have time to watch that right now, so someone should watch and write me a summary, please.

I'm guessing it'll probably go up on her youtube channel soon (which I wasn't sure if she had but searching for 'hafu' on the youtubs found it)

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    so face hunter is actually kinda fun

WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME?!

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    People putting down the voidcrusher arent thinking about how warlocks have lots of 1/1 imps around. drop this after an implosion and you are trading with very good odds.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Watching Spawnbroker and I just saw Tree of Life 100% win a game. Off of Nefarian.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular

I understand drinking heavily is fun at the time. Then you regret it massively afterward.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Watching Spawnbroker and I just saw Tree of Life 100% win a game. Off of Nefarian.

The same scenario happened to me when I was playing Dragon Mage. Tree of Life can win you games in Sustain (Control) and Mill decks. Its not something I would rely on in Constructed though.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    azith28 wrote: »

I understand drinking heavily is fun at the time. Then you regret it massively afterward.

On the brightside, I can spin my tech of southsea deckhands into just making pirate hunter

the issue with that is it'll just be bad face hunter (just like pirate rogue is worse oil rogue and pirate warrior is worse face warrior)

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    I wish I were half as good with other classes as I am with Priest and Druid, I understand them so much better. Took them to Rank 4/4star, thought I'd change it up a little and switched to Patron/Lock and plummeted to Rank 8.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I really want to make a Pirate Deck. Or a Murlock deck. But without any real class cards to back them up, I feel like there are better decks to be using.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »

The same scenario happened to me when I was playing Dragon Mage. Tree of Life can win you games in Sustain (Control) and Mill decks. Its not something I would rely on in Constructed though.

Tree of Life is a great card when you don't have to put it in your deck.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Shen wrote: »
    I wish I were half as good with other classes as I am with Priest and Druid, I understand them so much better. Took them to Rank 4/4star, thought I'd change it up a little and switched to Patron/Lock and plummeted to Rank 8.

you'll learn, though, and then you'll have that many more decks at your disposal for navigating your way up through the ranks

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I really want to make a Pirate Deck. Or a Murlock deck. But without any real class cards to back them up, I feel like there are better decks to be using.

Even with the class cards there are better decks. Sure every so often you get a perfect draw of murlocs and they don't draw an early answer and you win but mostly it just fails like priest divine spirit inner fire nonsense. Annoying when its against you, but never seems to work for you.

Really for murlocs you don't even need class cards, just some knife jugglers. and the warleader.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    That said, I probably wouldn't start playing those at rank 4. I'd switch at the beginning of the next season and stick with them.

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Well, that came around quite nicely.

Shittiest possible hand against Zoolock yet I somehow managed to just about keep clearing the board with some good card draw.

Mr. T never arrived, but going into my turn 9 (when I was determined going to drop my Patron in) he dropped two Voidwalkers.

You poor poor baby, you just didn't see it coming.

By the end of it, his board was empty, mine was 6 Patrons and a Warsong.

Bwahaha.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015

The thing about games like Hearthstone is that there is always a "better" or "best" option, but that is usually about efficiency rather than actual enjoyment. You should experiment and play whatever you like because not only is that part of learning the game, it's also fun!

Besides, there are some decent pirates in this set. That 2/1 rogue card that gives your weapon +1 is great.

GoodKingJayIII on
    Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I played Murlock a bit 2 seasons ago because some legend guy was playing it. If you curve well you'll kill a lot of people on turn 5 and sometimes even 4. If you don't hit your 1,2,3 drops or your opponent starts fast (either removal or stuff like Minibot/Chow), then you're pretty screwed.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    I decided to try midrange hunter
    TFSbT28l.jpg
    Next turn
    FJl5m5Pl.jpg
    THE COMBO IS BACK BABY

I was honestly laughing for like a minute that both webspinners gave me buzzard and I could actually use them like that.

Coinage on
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    I know this shouldn't bother me as much as it does, but after a close/well played game, I feel pretty annoyed that the other player doesn't respond with a well played (or the slightly less good "thank you"). I know this is pretty irrational and that plenty of people auto-squelch because of bad past experiences, but it still kinda rubs me the wrong way.

And that this just happened when I lost in arena playing for my 12th win, so, overall, still happy though. :)

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    I know this shouldn't bother me as much as it does, but after a close/well played game, I feel pretty annoyed that the other player doesn't respond with a well played (or the slightly less good "thank you"). I know this is pretty irrational and that plenty of people auto-squelch because of bad past experiences, but it still kinda rubs me the wrong way.

And that this just happened when I lost in arena playing for my 12th win, so, overall, still happy though. :)

I always well played before lethal. It's just habit now.

I do get a bit salty when people say "sorry" though, because they clearly don't mean it. You're just rubbing salt in the RNG wound.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular

I always well played before lethal. It's just habit now.

I do get a bit salty when people say "sorry" though, because they clearly don't mean it. You're just rubbing salt in the RNG wound.

I pretty much reserve "sorry" as a response to "oops." I can't think of another situation where it won't come across as bitchy.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    CMjgp9-WgAAFMaQ.png:large
    CMji4c9W8AAVCay.png:large
    This is why I run Kezan Mystic in my Midrange Druid. Holy fuck, such a huge swing card.

It's only good when you're seeing a lot of Mages/Hunters in your current rank, but oh my god is it worth running in that scenario. I've been bouncing this back and forth with an Acidic Swamp Ooze depending on what I'm seeing the most of. Definitely a great tech card.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Maybe, someday, we will have sideboards. Maybe.

:?

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Aheeheehee

Playing Ramp Druid vs. Freeze Mage. I have a gross early game, but still manage to get him down to 2. Unfortunately, he drops Antonidus, and gets off a few cheap spells. Next turn he Alexstraza's me.

I have to use my combo to take down his legendaries. Things aren't looking good. I don't have any options, and he's got Ice Block up (I'd already gone through two Barriers).

He Fireballs me down to 1. It's all over next turn.

Then he drops Doomsayer on an empty board.

I draw Boom.

Ice Block doesn't activate on your own turn.

I win.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    I wanted to see Kitkatz stream after seeing Evil Heckler released, and he just so happened to be on now. I was not disappointed.
    "Think about it! Turn 3 coin Evil Heckler, Turn 4 Evil Heckler, Turn 5 Booty Bay Bodyguard, turn 6 Booty Bay Bodyguard! It's not a nerf, it's a buff. Now you can play 4 Booty Bay Bodyguards in one deck!"

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I wanted to see Kitkatz stream after seeing Evil Heckler released, and he just so happened to be on now. I was not disappointed.
    "Think about it! Turn 3 coin Evil Heckler, Turn 4 Evil Heckler, Turn 5 Booty Bay Bodyguard, turn 6 Booty Bay Bodyguard! It's not a nerf, it's a buff. Now you can play 4 Booty Bay Bodyguards in one deck!"

Yeah I was watching too, I cracked up when he said that.

Also Realz was hanging out in his stream, I asked him why Ball of Spiders cost 6 mana.

He said cause it was too good at 5 mana.

It's a fair point!

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Dibby wrote: »

Yeah I was watching too, I cracked up when he said that.

Also Realz was hanging out in his stream, I asked him why Ball of Spiders cost 6 mana.

He said cause it was too good at 5 mana.

It's a fair point!

I was actually there the first night he had text-to-speech going and the whole Booty Bay Bodyguard thing started. That was a great night.

Also yeah, I can see Ball of Spiders being too good at five mana. Just think about it! Then you could buzzard+ball at 10 mana! The card advantage!

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I just realized that Chillmaw destroys Patron combos.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    Yilias wrote: »

New tech: Shattered Sun Cleric so you can Whirlwind once, kill Chillmaw, and still have your Frothing survive to attack.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    I have never seen ADWCTA stream or one of his videos, so I I was surprised how very nice his voice is. I could listen to him talk about the Arena meta (with TGT) all day, and so should you:

https://youtu.be/n6pI-3zuubE

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »

yeah, that and things like the shaman card make me think nothing is gonna be changed, their gonna see if they can shake it down from where it's at in this meta

which is fine with me

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Someone made an "Honest TGT Legendary Impressions" thing: http://imgur.com/a/1qJ8n

My favorite is Acidmaw, followed by Paletress.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    "To be fair, Hunter already has two very playable legendaries- Savannah Highmane, and the other Savannah Highmane"

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    Someone made an "Honest TGT Legendary Impressions" thing: http://imgur.com/a/1qJ8n

My favorite is Acidmaw, followed by Paletress.

I loved the text for Varian, then noticed they renamed him "Dr. Wrynn" and lost it.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    AustralopitenicoAustralopitenico Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    I had an idea for a 2-drop priest minion:

Angsty Elf

2/3 (red 3)

This minion is always injured.

It's a 2-drop that can always be healed for cards or used to summon a lightwarden. It's also amusing.

Flavor text: CRAAAAWLIIING IIIIN MYSKIIIIIIIN.

Australopitenico on
  • Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Plus, immune to back stab!