Options

The JRPG thread. Which E3 JRPG are you most excited for?

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Dammit, Cilla. Use a sticky note.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Fire Emblem Fates
    I don't know where mine are!!!!!!!!!!!!

I may actually have left them at my folks....

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    FF7 remake
    Stilts wrote: »
    Nah, you're good. The content of the FC chat is the real problem...

I haven't been on much the past couple of weeks. Is this something recent?

Most of the time the FC chat seems fine to me, minus the occasional remarks about one person wanting to make another person their waifu or remarks about another person's sister.

I usually write it off as them having some personal familiarity that goes beyond online acquaintanceship, but I still sometimes find it a little weird.

• Options
    Fire Emblem Fates
    Mostly it's fine but occasionally you'll see a conversation about boobs or what was rapidly approaching a notallmen convo

I had a long and pointless discussion of global economics versus mmo economics which was entirely my own fault

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    FF7 remake
    Schide wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »
    I just spent almost 2 hours grinding out stones to get the Important A Rank quest in Fairy Fencer F.

I don't think I would have had the patience to do that with battle skip, although a lot of stones you just need to run around looking for. Still, the couple stones you need to steal have annoying low steal rates.

Yeah, the A-Rank upgrade quest was annoying as fuck. Constantly failing Steals on golems. Helped a bit once I found out that Galdo's third steal skill is bugged to have an extremely low success chance though, so I used the second.

S-Rank upgrade quest is piddly easy in comparison though, so you're over the hump.

Damn! I knew something was up with that. I did try the second steal a few times but it didn't seem to be doing any better. Eh, whatever.

But that's good. I don't mind farming for the most part, but it can get tedious. Fortunately this game doesn't have a ton of it.

Oh, apparently I missed an optional Fury and I don't know if I'm screwed out of it until NG+ or if I can still get it. Kind of have the feeling I'm going to have to wait for it though.

There's one A-Rank Fairy where you need to be at least B-Ranked in quests by the time you go to Yatagan for the second time, which is impossible in the first playthrough because you can't get the items to rank up to B until well after that point. It's annoyingly arbitrary and pretty much ensures you're not reaching the top of Shukesoo's Tower until the second playthrough.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    FF7 remake
    Cilla let's get Final Fantasy married.

It'll only cost you $15 ($30?) for subscriptions.

Also the expansion, gonna need that.

And of course the time to get the ring and presents.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    FF7 remake
    Radius wrote: »

Ring costs real dosh too, depending on the level of the wedding. Surely you don't want anything less than Platinum Ultra Top Tier.

• Options
    Fire Emblem Fates
    Radius wrote: »

Aw, kyira, I would be honored to final fantasy marry you

I would need a loan of roughly 70 dollars, though

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Nier 2
    I just spent almost 2 hours grinding out stones to get the Important A Rank quest in Fairy Fencer F.

I don't think I would have had the patience to do that with battle skip, although a lot of stones you just need to run around looking for. Still, the couple stones you need to steal have annoying low steal rates.

Yeah, the A-Rank upgrade quest was annoying as fuck. Constantly failing Steals on golems. Helped a bit once I found out that Galdo's third steal skill is bugged to have an extremely low success chance though, so I used the second.

S-Rank upgrade quest is piddly easy in comparison though, so you're over the hump.

Damn! I knew something was up with that. I did try the second steal a few times but it didn't seem to be doing any better. Eh, whatever.

But that's good. I don't mind farming for the most part, but it can get tedious. Fortunately this game doesn't have a ton of it.

Oh, apparently I missed an optional Fury and I don't know if I'm screwed out of it until NG+ or if I can still get it. Kind of have the feeling I'm going to have to wait for it though.

There's one A-Rank Fairy where you need to be at least B-Ranked in quests by the time you go to Yatagan for the second time, which is impossible in the first playthrough because you can't get the items to rank up to B until well after that point. It's annoyingly arbitrary and pretty much ensures you're not reaching the top of Shukesoo's Tower until the second playthrough.

I don't think that's what happened. I just forgot to go back to Lola after doing Katticus Revisited but before I beat the next boss, so I guess the game just skipped that and gave me the next Fairy quest. So I missed the Freya Fairy. Oh well.

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    FF7 remake
    It's a small thing and I really shouldn't let it bother me.

But it does bother me a little when I or somebody else signs in, types in a greeting like "Hey, how's it going" and nobody responds.

I know FCers might be busy in a dungeon or whatever, but still. "hi". Two letters.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    FF7 remake

I don't think that's what happened. I just forgot to go back to Lola after doing Katticus Revisited but before I beat the next boss, so I guess the game just skipped that and gave me the next Fairy quest. So I missed the Freya Fairy. Oh well.

Oh dang, you missed one of the best then. I stuck her on Fang and she fuels his Explosions every fight then regenerates the SP afterward.

And yeah, the way Lola's quests work is they pop up when you enter a new dungeon, so you then leave it and grab/complete the quest (if you can, Solaru won't let you leave for example). Defeating the boss close the window to complete the quest.

• Options
    Nier 2
    Oh dang, you missed one of the best then. I stuck her on Fang and she fuels his Explosions every fight then regenerates the SP afterward.

And yeah, the way Lola's quests work is they pop up when you enter a new dungeon, so you then leave it and grab/complete the quest (if you can, Solaru won't let you leave for example). Defeating the boss close the window to complete the quest.

Welllll, that wouldn't have made that much of a difference with me because I never use magic because I way overleveled to do a thing at one point. So now I just regular attack everything to death. And Fang just uses Launcher combos.

What level range did you finish the game with?

• Options
    FF7 remake

Welllll, that wouldn't have made that much of a difference with me because I never use magic because I way overleveled to do a thing at one point. So now I just regular attack everything to death. And Fang just uses Launcher combos.

High 50's. I pretty much pumped up Magic Attack, stuck Post-Battle SP+ Fairies on Fang, Tiara, and Harley, then let them rip with their 300 cost AoE every fight using the x2 Damage world shaping trait. Trash died in 1-2 attacks, bosses in 1-2 rounds. They'd get to their "ultimate attack" and do 700 damage then I'd send Fang in there for 3000. Fairize made things even nuttier when a boss lived long enough, usually the ones in the Tower.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Rare boss-drops are terrible.

• Options
    Nier 2

High 50's. I pretty much pumped up Magic Attack, stuck Post-Battle SP+ Fairies on Fang, Tiara, and Harley, then let them rip with their 300 cost AoE every fight using the x2 Damage world shaping trait. Trash died in 1-2 attacks, bosses in 1-2 rounds. They'd get to their "ultimate attack" and do 700 damage then I'd send Fang in there for 3000. Fairize made things even nuttier when a boss lived long enough, usually the ones in the Tower.

Ok, I think I'm going to use my lower leveled characters to play through the game up until the end so nobody gets terribly overleveled for it. I haven't looked too far ahead but I don't think I'm very far off.

• Options
    FF7 remake

Ok, I think I'm going to use my lower leveled characters to play through the game up until the end so nobody gets terribly overleveled for it. I haven't looked too far ahead but I don't think I'm very far off.

How low level are the others? Also you do have the Learning skill bought right?

• Options
    Nier 2

How low level are the others? Also you do have the Learning skill bought right?

40s. They should be fine.

Although it occurs to me you can't turn Learning off, I think, so everyone's going to gain levels anyway. Well, whatever.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    FF7 remake
    Another scene in FFX I've missed for fourteen years

Luzzu/Gatta spoilers
    When Operation Mi'ihen fails, you find Gatta on the ground screaming "what's going on?" and Luzzu is nowhere to be seen, so obviously he died

However, I had never seen Gatta next to Djose Temple where you can speak to Gatta again and talks about how he found Luzzu and he had been torn in half

Yikes

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Another scene in FFX I've missed for fourteen years

Luzzu/Gatta spoilers
    When Operation Mi'ihen fails, you find Gatta on the ground screaming "what's going on?" and Luzzu is nowhere to be seen, so obviously he died

However, I had never seen Gatta next to Djose Temple where you can speak to Gatta again and talks about how he found Luzzu and he had been torn in half

Yikes
    rub some dirt in it, he'll be fine

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Fire Emblem Fates
    Man FF7 ain't my favorite FF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ufbn3peImw

But that main theme, man, that is good enough to buy an album for (the second Distant Worlds album is amazing, buy the MP3 version off Amazon or wherever)

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    Other
    if only I remembered who luzzu and gatta are

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Nier 2
    Ya'll gotta stop making me wanna play FF14 again, I'm way to broke.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    FF7 remake
    That's one thing I really loved about X, and why I felt it was the only one deserving of a direct sequel

I loved all the secondary characters, like Maechen, Belgemine, Shelinda, Isaaru, Luzzu and Gatta, Lucil, Elma, Clasko, etc.

I wanted to see what was up with all of them (well, the remaining ones) after the events of X

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Fire Emblem Fates
    That's one thing I really loved about X, and why I felt it was the only one deserving of a direct sequel

I loved all the secondary characters, like Maechen, Belgemine, Shelinda, Isaaru, Luzzu and Gatta, Lucil, Elma, Clasko, etc.

I wanted to see what was up with all of them (well, the remaining ones) after the events of X

...you made up half those names

I played this game like a month ago and I only recognize Belgemine, Isaaru, Gatta.... that might be it!

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    FF7 remake
    Well Luzzu is the other Crusader that always has Gatta hanging around him

Maechen is the old dude that tells you about all the lore as you go through the game

Shelinda is the one who's all upset about the Crusaders using machina during Operation Mi'ihen, she pops up a lot too

Lucil, Elma and Clasko are the three Chocobo Knights you see often, Lucil is the leader, Elma is second in command and Clasko would rather be a Chocobo trainer

• Options
    Other
    I remember lucil because her outfit was dumb

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Mario and Luigi x Paper Mario
    this mandragora choker lookin reaaaal good glamoured onto my gathering set

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Mostly it's fine but occasionally you'll see a conversation about boobs or what was rapidly approaching a notallmen convo

I had a long and pointless discussion of global economics versus mmo economics which was entirely my own fault

The bits and pieces I have seen over the past couple of weeks is only a slight step up from Barrens chat. It's been pretty bad. At this point, I'm on the fence about considering the GHOST FC chat to be a slightly better open chat channel or not. The FC is also pretty cliquey. That's natural given the size and the people who've played a lot together, but it is also quite the culture-shock coming from a midsized family guild in WoW. I guess the chat channel topics are also similar culture-shock, since there is a lot of stuff that happens that would never fly in any of the previous guilds I've been in.

I've also run into some great people, so it isn't a complete negative.

Caedwyr on
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    back near launch when i was still an officer i had to take care of a dude who was arguing the finer distinctions on when his anime loli's became "pedophillia" so yeah

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Other
    you hit on why- when you have 400 people in the fc and people say "hey invite my friend he's cool" and it turns out he's not cool at all it can lead to problems. linkshells can help alleviate this problem

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    FF7 remake
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Man FF7 ain't my favorite FF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ufbn3peImw

But that main theme, man, that is good enough to buy an album for (the second Distant Worlds album is amazing, buy the MP3 version off Amazon or wherever)

one of the most effective uses of musical theming in FF7 is how that song is replaced on the world map with something far more foreboding and and bleak in disc 3 when Meteor is hanging in the sky. That musical change really made me feel the impact of that event in a more visceral way than simply having characters expositing "the world is doomed" would have.

The change in world map theme might have even been TOO oppressive, if it weren't for the fact that you get to use the airship pretty much all the time from the point the overworld music changes, and the airship theme is really upbeat and full of hope. The two themes in contrast to each other create a sense that things might look dire but there must still be something you can do and it just works really well and I love Uematsu's soundtracks so much.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Yeah, there was some anime-related talk this last weekend that I caught a bit of that seemed pretty skeevy. Seriously people, it isn't hard to avoid jumping to waifu/pedophile-skeeting discussions when the word anime is mentioned. I figured the whole don't talk about anime thing on these forums was a joke, but then I got to see first hand how quickly it can deteriorate.

Caedwyr on
  • Options
    Fire Emblem Fates
    this mandragora choker lookin reaaaal good glamoured onto my gathering set

i'm so jealous of that, arg ><

• Options
    if it makes you feel better i also have some cactaur earrings from a launch event that only some servers got access too

Cactuar_earring1.jpg

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    FF7 remake
    if it makes you feel better i also have some cactaur earrings from a launch event that only some servers got access too

Cactuar_earring1.jpg

Clearly you also need the bird ring from the Jumbo Cactpot.

• Options
    ohhh man i forgot about the bird ring

also the slime earrings

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    you hit on why- when you have 400 people in the fc and people say "hey invite my friend he's cool" and it turns out he's not cool at all it can lead to problems. linkshells can help alleviate this problem

Hey my friend was Ivence and he was cool I don't know what ya'll were doin.

And yeah, FC chat is always like, a hairs breath away from turning into an Anime thread.

• Options
    Other
    FC anime conversations are a microcosm of why we don't have an anime thread- creepers and pirates. thankfully I don't watch anime so I don't participate.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Nier 2

One of my favorite bits of dialogue in X-2 (and one of the few I think is genuinely good) is in Chapter 1 when you go to Mushroom Rock and talk to Gatta.

And he and Yuna have a discussion about what the hell he's supposed to do now that the Crusaders are pointless.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    FC anime conversations are a microcosm of why we don't have an anime thread- creepers and pirates. thankfully I don't watch anime so I don't participate.

I WATCH anime and I stay the fuck away.

This discussion has been closed.