Options

The sorting [chat]

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    like, political struggle over the ideal purpose of state-subsidized education does not go away with nationalization, eg Scott Walker

shhhhh

*enacts plan to delete all hippie degrees*

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Gim wrote: »
    wandering wrote: »
    Conversing with other people is basically a game

The object of the game is to trick the person you are talking to into thinking that you are a normal, functioning human being for as long as possible

My record is 30 seconds but I bet I can hit 40 if I try really hard

I once hit a minute in a dark bar.

The key seems to be nodding a lot and not screaming in fear that you'll be found out to be a subhuman fraud unworthy of love and attention.

The sixty-first second sounded like a klaxon, tho

As a sociopath, I can pretend to be a normal human being for hours

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    how many HR departments actually check to see if someone has the college degree?

Mr. Spool32, Esquire?

Fun fact I researched it briefly afterwards and it is a major faux pas to apply both the title (Mr) and the honorific (Esquire)

One or the other, folks

One or the other!

Okay good night for real

So uncouth

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    yay I found an unopened beer in my windowsill
    desc wrote: »
    What's the title of that self indulgent prog rock bullshit album Kanye put out with the 1970s ass music video with the alien bird chick and desperate grabs for seriousness that stans jumped on

The birthday song is the opposite of that and that's why it is superior

Having dumb fun is way better than being the 2012 Elton John

runaway and don't you shit on it that shit's gorgeous

Look if you grew up solely and entirely in the era of the single MP3 purchase and "albums" are a novelty, I get why it was a big deal that year

But it was everything tedious about 70s concept rock repackaged for the recently modern era

I liked Kanye better when he stitched together samples and hip hop beats

Runaway was an entire meal of fat

Anyway my point is that freedom is a lie and constrictions are liberty

It's pretty to look at

How many things have I justified exactly so

Curse you

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I'm for hippie degrees for the same reason I'm for pure research; just because you have no idea what the utility will be, or even if there will be any, doesn't mean it's not worthwhile to try

I do reserve the right to make jokes at their expense because it's so fun when they get defensive

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    like, political struggle over the ideal purpose of state-subsidized education does not go away with nationalization, eg Scott Walker

hi ronya

how is life

thinking about China

The funny thing about thinking about China is, the more you think about China, the more you start to think maybe it'd be nicer not to think too much about China.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    Zephiran wrote: »

hi ronya

how is life

thinking about China

The funny thing about thinking about China is, the more you think about China, the more you start to think maybe it'd be nicer not to think too much about China.

You think so?

(about China)

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    wandering wrote: »
    Conversing with other people is basically a game

The object of the game is to trick the person you are talking to into thinking that you are a normal, functioning human being for as long as possible

My record is 30 seconds but I bet I can hit 40 if I try really hard

I once hit a minute in a dark bar.

The key seems to be nodding a lot and not screaming in fear that you'll be found out to be a subhuman fraud unworthy of love and attention.

The sixty-first second sounded like a klaxon, tho

As a sociopath, I can pretend to be a normal human being for hours

I envy your game, chameleon.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    spool

r u swolen

poo
  • Options
    Anyway I'm done for the night. I don't think anyone here gives a shit what I think about anything anyway. Toodles.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    yay I found an unopened beer in my windowsill
    What's the title of that self indulgent prog rock bullshit album Kanye put out with the 1970s ass music video with the alien bird chick and desperate grabs for seriousness that stans jumped on

The birthday song is the opposite of that and that's why it is superior

Having dumb fun is way better than being the 2012 Elton John

runaway and don't you shit on it that shit's gorgeous

Look if you grew up solely and entirely in the era of the single MP3 purchase and "albums" are a novelty, I get why it was a big deal that year

But it was everything tedious about 70s concept rock repackaged for the recently modern era

I liked Kanye better when he stitched together samples and hip hop beats

Runaway was an entire meal of fat

Anyway my point is that freedom is a lie and constrictions are liberty

It's pretty to look at

How many things have I justified exactly so

Curse you

I also honestly love concept albums. Hell my favourite band's three last albums have every song being about the same story (Violeta, Violeta vol I, II and III) and I love that. Just because hey everybody makes twelve songs and puts them together.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    spool

r u swolen

swool32

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    so i went hiking here:

lF9grY1.jpg

it was quite nice. lots of wildflowers, which were pretty. also a rattlesnake was like 15ft from me! that was exciting. the trails weren't really what i'd call 'majestic' just because i think i associate that with height changes and stuff. my next hike will definitely be somewhere with more elevation which means i definitely need to double down on my fitness.

then i found a nice lake to look at and photographed my car finally
    HZu6oCg.png?2
    9KKMmuZ.png?1
    pHip2JZ.png?1
    OXpQytm.png?1

• Options
    spool

r u swolen

dude.

I'm not due back until Tuesday, but I'm not sore really at all, and I added 10lbs to every exercise but it was easier than the initial effort.

I'm actually feeling antsy abou tgoing to the gym, like i'm missing a day not going today

but I will stick to the Tues-Thurs-Sat schedule. Also I've got a lid on the excess calories for the most part so this should begin to reap benefits.

Also I've been going onto the basketball court and shooting + running until I get a stitch in my side after the workouts, so I'm getting a little cardio too.

• Options
    Drez wrote: »
    Anyway I'm done for the night. I don't think anyone here gives a shit what I think about anything anyway. Toodles.

I do Drez!
    No I actually do. :)

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    spool

r u swolen

swool32

Ooo, can we pull a Poldy/Podly and get it changed by popular will?

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    so i went hiking here:

lF9grY1.jpg

it was quite nice. lots of wildflowers, which were pretty. also a rattlesnake was like 15ft from me! that was exciting. the trails weren't really what i'd call 'majestic' just because i think i associate that with height changes and stuff. my next hike will definitely be somewhere with more elevation which means i definitely need to double down on my fitness.

HZu6oCg.png?2
    9KKMmuZ.png?1
    pHip2JZ.png?1
    OXpQytm.png?1

I like 100% of this post

• Options
    descasaurus i also drove up the road adjacent to the trailhead after i finished hiking... no-guard-rails-with-steep-drops-chan...

there were several severe curves where it suggested dropping to 15 but i was rebellious v.v

• Options
    I don't know when runaway came out. I'm not really a "with the times" kind of guy.

All I know is that one day I saw that Kanye made a half hour long video with a bunch of his music and it was strange and gorgeous and I loved that
    so i went hiking here:

lF9grY1.jpg

HZu6oCg.png?2
    9KKMmuZ.png?1
    pHip2JZ.png?1
    OXpQytm.png?1

This may really be more insult than compliment but that's a nicer car than I thought you'd have

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    i am finishing the last of this chateauneuf du pape

• Options
    descasaurus i also drove up the road adjacent to the trailhead after i finished hiking... no-guard-rails-with-steep-drops-chan...

there were several severe curves where it suggested dropping to 15 but i was rebellious v.v

YES

• Options
    abdhyius just told me he's so impressed with my self-confidence, since i'll 'just wear any old thing'

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    if ever there was a witness me...

sig.gif
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Ok this dubsmash app is hilarious wife and i just made a bunch of them

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    in all seriousness tho i've not spending money on booze or much eating out, finding several of my budget categories were conservatively estimated, etc. i have a little more money than i thought i'd do after savings and it turns out i really like driving so i put it somewhere i'd like which is a nicer car than i initially thought i could afford.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Gim what are you doing I am suspicious of you

sig.gif
  • Options
    Vanguard wrote: »

OMG

OMG OMG OMG OMG

my favorite region! That's like our wine, belasco and I.

There's a cool red blend that comes in a twisted, textured bottle that we love to death. Neat little story behind it too!

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    spool

r u swolen

swool32

Did podly used to be poldy

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Also I've been going onto the basketball court and shooting + running until I get a stitch in my side after the workouts, so I'm getting a little cardio too.

running to retrieve all your air balls, fam

• Options
    in all seriousness tho i've not spending money on booze or much eating out, finding several of my budget categories were conservatively estimated, etc. i have a little more money than i thought i'd do after savings and it turns out i really like driving so i put it somewhere i'd like which is a nicer car than i initially thought i could afford.

does the explanation mean that abdhyius cut you deep

sig.gif
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Gim what are you doing I am suspicious of you

he can be a bit

squirrely

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    I called the National Suicide Prevention line about an hour ago. They told me to watch more TV and to keep looking for work.

I feel mixed about this, but at least that mixed feeling has me too confused to want to kill myself, so hey, nicely done NSPL.

Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • Options

y-yes....

it's a workout! Don't judge me! I'm getting better!

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Squirm.. :(

:bro:

*e-hug*

• Options
    Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    Squirm.. :(

:bro:

*e-hug*

Thanks.

Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • Options

y-yes....

it's a workout! Don't judge me! I'm getting better!

i'm gonna keep supporting you so that when you finally dunk and join the wnba you can support me financially

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    spool

r u swolen

swool32

Did podly used to be poldy

You betcha he did

• Options
    edited August 2015

OMG

OMG OMG OMG OMG

There's a cool red blend that comes in a twisted, textured bottle that we love to death. Neat little story behind it too!

My parents also love chateauneuf du pape and since they're who I outsource all my wine questions too it's my wine too.

Learning wine would mean a lot of expensive trial and error and I feel it's very worthwhile to outsource it to a well-established couple in their 50s, making the kind of money two people with thirty years of experience and no kids living at home with loans that have vanished over time makes, that are
    comfortably settling in to a lifestyle consisting of making good food and drinking good wine whenever they damn well please
    I called the National Suicide Prevention line about an hour ago. They told me to watch more TV and to keep looking for work.

I feel mixed about this, but at least that mixed feeling has me too confused to want to kill myself, so hey, nicely done NSPL.

In the long term, get a job.

In the short term, watch some TV.

Shit, I wonder what suicide prevention hotlines pay. I could do that job. It seems likes it's more straightforward than I'd think.

Also, y'know, good decision, not killing yourself and all that. I'd rather you stick around.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    the thing I learned yesterday is going to destroy me

not today. not tomorrow. but eventually.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

OMG

OMG OMG OMG OMG

is my favorite variety of wine

one of these days, when i have a spare ~$960, i am going to invest in a case of the one i particularly like

but in the meantime

i am going to read about jackson pollock

This discussion has been closed.