As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The sorting [chat]

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Elendil wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    good tv shows:

-rick and morty
    -rick and morty
    -rick and morty 1,000 years
    maybe not that last episode tho

the adult swim stream was borked when i watched it and it wouldn't go past like, 15 minutes and i wasn't even mad

rick, pls

it was p bad

they have a ridiculously good batting avg tho

that is the only episode out of what, 15? where i'd say someone should skip it

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    What's the title of that self indulgent prog rock bullshit album Kanye put out with the 1970s ass music video with the alien bird chick and desperate grabs for seriousness that stans jumped on

The birthday song is the opposite of that and that's why it is superior

Having dumb fun is way better than being the 2012 Elton John

I really liked that album you jerk

Prog rock sucks

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    good tv shows:

-rick and morty
    -rick and morty
    -rick and morty 1,000 years
    maybe not that last episode tho

the adult swim stream was borked when i watched it and it wouldn't go past like, 15 minutes and i wasn't even mad

rick, pls

Yeah, and it started out so promising. I was 100% on board with the cold open and then it just kinda went nowhere.

I will forgive the show because Colbert is a guest next week.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    But stuff like wills, residential real estate contracts, no fault divorces, bankruptcies, etc could all easily be done with a computer program that just asked questions, kind of like turbo tax.

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Legal hiring is back in full swing. You should all go to law school and rack up $150k+ in debt. It will totally work out and you will all be hired at $160k starting salaries. No chance that plan could backfire.

Yeah. I'm in the process of writing scripts that replace like... 80% of the lawyering.
    I'm not, but I'd be willing to bet that some people are already looking into automating a lot of the things lawyers charge $Texas billable hours for.

Redline software already did that and ediscovery already did that.

The best thing about being a big form lawyer as far as stability goes is the stuff clients actually need you for is invariably the more complex, murky stuff where the cost of getting it wrong can be super high. That kind of work couldn't be automated or outsourced.

Challenge Accepted.

Big Data comin' for your Thomas the Train goosey-ass.
    :bzz:

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    he had a recent visibil
    Tav wrote: »
    why does everyone hate banksy suddenly?

they don't hate him

he opened up a disneyland knockoff and he's an easy target to rip the piss out of

So they're making fun of his facile art because he's an easy target.

it's easy targets the whole way down the low hanging fruit tree

:+1:

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i really liked this week's R&M and I think people are being p hard on it
    it was actually a little cringeworthy i think

it probably wouldn't have come down so hard if it was behind a more average episode but last week's was so good

that said, the stream i was watching did end shortly after tammy's appearance, so it was a high note to go out on

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I called the National Suicide Prevention line about an hour ago. They told me to watch more TV and to keep looking for work.

I feel mixed about this, but at least that mixed feeling has me too confused to want to kill myself, so hey, nicely done NSPL.

In the long term, get a job.

In the short term, watch some TV.

Shit, I wonder what suicide prevention hotlines pay. I could do that job. It seems likes it's more straightforward than I'd think.

Also, y'know, good decision, not killing yourself and all that. I'd rather you stick around.

I don't want to go either. So that counts for something. But I feel so utterly lost. I feel like there's no way forward.

Except for television, apparently.

Well the job thing in the long term. You can only kill so much time on your own.

You go forward at the same pace regardless of what you do. The only trick to it is to have it nice enough while time passes by that you don't mind.

This is where my career has gone. This is how much value I have as a person.

False

The vagaries of corporate hiring definitely

Definitely

Definitely

Do not reflect your value as a person

• Options
    i'm looking at flights for my vacation. the only way to get cheaper than thru like, kayak/google flights (and it's only about 35 bucks cheaper) is to have a 6 hour layover in las vegas. that's west of here!

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I called the National Suicide Prevention line about an hour ago. They told me to watch more TV and to keep looking for work.

I feel mixed about this, but at least that mixed feeling has me too confused to want to kill myself, so hey, nicely done NSPL.

Shit, I wonder what suicide prevention hotlines pay. I could do that job. It seems likes it's more straightforward than I'd think.

Also, y'know, good decision, not killing yourself and all that. I'd rather you stick around.

I don't want to go either. So that counts for something. But I feel so utterly lost. I feel like there's no way forward.

Well the job thing in the long term. You can only kill so much time on your own.

You go forward at the same pace regardless of what you do. The only trick to it is to have it nice enough while time passes by that you don't mind.

The problem is I feel like I'm going backwards. Eight years ago I started working at Disney as a Project Coordinator earning quite a fair amount of money. I enjoyed that job.

Last week I interviewed for a Bellhop position at a hotel. I'd be earning minimum wage plus tips.

Your career is just your career.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    That one automation video said there's software out today that does better than actual lawyers at... discovery? is that where you read a bunch of documents looking for key details? The scripts found more stuff and missed less than the lawyers. Automation works differently but "harder to automate than turbotax work" is not the same as "won't be automated for a while"

sig.gif
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    like that episode is way better than Rixty Minutes and also the A plot to Raising Gazorpazorp

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular

The problem is I feel like I'm going backwards. Eight years ago I started working at Disney as a Project Coordinator earning quite a fair amount of money. I enjoyed that job.

Last week I interviewed for a Bellhop position at a hotel. I'd be earning minimum wage plus tips.

@Squirminator2k this may have been addressed already but the bolded is incorrect.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    I fried beans with a grab-bag of spices, and now it tastes delicious mixed into a bowl of stale rice.

Looks like the key to Flavortown is being really hungry.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    IT people are real weird they always laugh like kermit the frog and they get mad when run pirate wifi networks.

Pirate wifi is the best solution for bypassing shitty roommate internet connectivity hoarding.

@nexuscrawler @tapeslinger

@syndalis
    indeed

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    like that episode is way better than Rixty Minutes and also the A plot to Raising Gazorpazorp

Which one was the A plot? Edit: I liked the start of raising gazorpazorp, didn't like the morty plot, liked Rick and Summer's adventure on planet gazorpazorp

I also liked it better than the ersatz global warming thing when Jerry was sad that he was dumb and insisted on making morty do his science project with him

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Raising gazorpazorp was probably my previous least favorite

I think it would've bumped my enjoyment of the episode up like 3 notches if it was Paul f thompkins doing ice T instead of whoever was doing it. Roiland?

Also I love that this is what my phone does

coxjqoTm.jpg

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    I can't make money doing what I'm good at, which is writing, making people laugh, making videos about video games, and pretending to be other people. I can't do those things and survive, so I have to find other work. The job market has already deemed my skillset unfavorable. Do you know how demoralizing it is to send off hundreds of job applications and almost never get a response? And when you do it's "Thank you for your interest but we do not think you'd be a good for for this position."

Temp agencies can't find me work. I can't find me work. Where, then, is my value?

Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • Options
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

Which one was the A plot?

I also liked it better than the ersatz global warming thing when Jerry was sad that he was dumb and insisted on making morty do his science project with him

A plot was Gazorpazorp, B plot was Rick and Summer (which I really liked, despite people thinking that it was just full of easy jokes)

The global warming one was great. I lose my shit every time Rick sets fire to his shop.

• Options
    so my planned vacation is leaving denver in the early to mid morning on tuesday april 19th, landing in philly sometime around dinner, renting a car, then spending tues night, all of weds, early thurs visiting family in the area. then the mid morning/early afternoon of thurs the 21st i either drive that rental to boston, take the train to boston, or fly to boston. then obvs i fly home to denver from boston (on monday the 25th).

so far the cheapest flight i've found, den-phl on the 19th...

has a layover in boston

how cruel

how obscene

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Hmm that pluto one wasn't great too maybe. I don't know

Raising gazorpazorp actually was really funny but in only the summer/Rick part

I should just rewatch season 1

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited August 2015

A plot was Gazorpazorp, B plot was Rick and Summer (which I really liked, despite people thinking that it was just full of easy jokes)

The global warming one was great. I lose my shit every time Rick sets fire to his shop.

Rick sets fire to his shop?

I don't remember ...I must rewatch.

I don't remember what Rick actually does in that episode, just Jerry's ascent to fame and Morty's pleading.

The simulation episode sthat David Cross guest starred in is probably my favourite.

I totally agree about the B plot vs a plot in raising gazorpazorp.

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    gazorp's puberty was fantastic. you all have diarrhea.

• Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    IT people are real weird they always laugh like kermit the frog and they get mad when run pirate wifi networks.

Pirate wifi is the best solution for bypassing shitty roommate internet connectivity hoarding.

@nexuscrawler @tapeslinger

@syndalis
    indeed
    Oh man, PIRATE SHIP was the bessst

That guy
    Dumb about technology

• Options
    I can't make money doing what I'm good at, which is writing, making people laugh, making videos about video games, and pretending to be other people. I can't do those things and survive, so I have to find other work. The job market has already deemed my skillset unfavorable. Do you know how demoralizing it is to send off hundreds of job applications and almost never get a response? And when you do it's "Thank you for your interest but we do not think you'd be a good for for this position."

Temp agencies can't find me work. I can't find me work. Where, then, is my value?
    i was gonna complain that there was no one online on facebook to talk to and then i remembered that's because it's 3am on a weekday and everyone is sleeping because they have work and that made me sad

yes, yes i do

and i still think that your job shouldn't reflect your value as a person

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

That is one of my favorite moments all season.

bored_everybody_out_500K.gif

• Options

Rick sets fire to his shop?

I don't remember ...I must rewatch

I don't remember what Rick actually does in that episode, just Jerry's ascent to fame and Morty's pleading.

The simulation episode sthat David Cross guest starred in is probably my favourite.
    The B plot was Rick and the Devil. After Summer comes in and tells Rick about the Devil trying to kill himself and that Rick has won, he gets sick of the work and just goes "Well, I'm bored. Everybody out" while pouring gasoline all over the shop.

• Options
    that spoiler is just a relatively detailed explanation

the gif is where the funny is

• Options
    edited August 2015

You can apparently work web technologies, image editors, video editors, and social media websites. I dunno, start branching out and exploring tangential skills.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    rixty minutes was fantastic

real fake doors, ants in my eyes johnson, gazorpazorp-fucking-field

all classics

• Options
    in each of the episodes where I can point at something I didn't like - gazorpazorp, rixty minutes, something ricked this way comes - the other half of the plot was always great to amazing.

(I just reviewed and realised that the other half of the Pluto/Global Warming episode was the shop of needful things, which is super incredible and possibly my favourite Rick moments).

This week's episode was fine the whole way through - rather than something eh offset by something incredible.

• Options
    I thought the improv TV was the strongest part of rixty minutes while the sappy alternate life goggle subplot was predictable and boring. Yet tons of people feel the opposite. Which is ok, I am ok with everyone thinking different aspects are weaker. It's a good sign, really.

• Options
    The dmx scene was dumb though

I'm not sure why everyone loved that part

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    My bacon-filled hashbrown making could use some work, but it was a good start.

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    i was gonna complain that there was no one online on facebook to talk to and then i remembered that's because it's 3am on a weekday and everyone is sleeping because they have work and that made me sad

hey

what are we, chopped liver

please tell me i drank too much sadness and really don't know what i am is it chopped liver

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    o hay for folks who weren't awake at 4am US heh

I did this last night (not done quite yet)
    tumblr_ntl19veJ9s1slwzuso1_540.jpg
    tumblr_ntl19veJ9s1slwzuso2_540.jpg

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    Something Ricked This Way Comes also features Rick's first "wubalubbadubdub. That's my new catchphrase" which slays me for reason I do not comprehend.

• Options
    SealSeal Registered User regular
    How does one make brown rice edible? Stuff is like a flavor black hole.

• Options
    815165 wrote: »

hey

what are we, chopped liver

please tell me i drank too much sadness and really don't know what i am is it chopped liver

sometimes you wanna annoy someone 1v1 dogg

my friend who i usually stayed up until like 3am talking with got a job tho so she goes to bed at 10:30 like a fucking square now :(

• Options
    cB557 wrote: »
    My bacon-filled hashbrown making could use some work, but it was a good start.

It was a particularly blasphemous latke

C8Ft8GE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.