Options

Android Games!

• Options
    CobellCobell Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Spoit wrote: »
    Still better than MPQ

MPQ was fun at one point. Until they started doing the very obviously scummy money stuff. Like pretending to nerf the original 2 star Thor due to player feedback, and then like a week later releasing a 3 star Thor that was just essentially the original not nerfed 2 star Thor.

Cobell on
  • Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    And removing any meaningful healing in the name of....selling medpacks.

Also connecting to nerfing the Mags/Rags straight into the ground. Meaningful damage don't sell items!

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Tomb Raider $0.10
    Hitman GO $0.75
    Deus Ex: The Fall $0.99
    République EP1 $0.99
    Monument Valley $0.99
    Goat Simulator $0.99

Also, get Google Opinion Rewards if you don't have it. Filling out tiny surveys will reward you with about a buck per survey straight into your Google Play Store Wallet.

more:

GTA Chinatown Wars $0.99
    XCOM Enemy Within $4.99 (Normally $9.99)

Renzo on
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Couple family members just got android tablets. They're looking for Farming games, that preferably are offline or at least don't require/push you into having a bunch of friends to "help." Also without completely ridiculous permissions/spyware.

It seemed like that would only be possible with a payed game, but I'm having little luck finding anything that doesn't seem complete garbage at all. It doesn't help that I have 0 interest in the genre myself.

Does uh...does anyone have any suggestions to consider/pass along?

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Ranlin wrote: »
    Couple family members just got android tablets. They're looking for Farming games, that preferably are offline or at least don't require/push you into having a bunch of friends to "help." Also without completely ridiculous permissions/spyware.

It seemed like that would only be possible with a payed game, but I'm having little luck finding anything that doesn't seem complete garbage at all. It doesn't help that I have 0 interest in the genre myself.

Does uh...does anyone have any suggestions to consider/pass along?

The Simpsons game (Tapped Out) isn't about farming per se, but it's in the same vein and it's actually fun imo. Friends and paying real money obviously help but you can still progress at a nice pace without them. Like, my main criticism is that there's some character's I'd consider "core" (like Barney) that are only available through donuts (the ingame currency you buy for real money or get rarely as rewards for stuff). It's not offline, though, permanent online required, I think.

For (one-time) paid games look at Kairosoft games, those get always recommended in this thread.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Hmm farming...Puzzle craft?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Kairosoft has a game literally about running a farm.

I think that ticks all the boxes.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.kairosoft.android.noujou_en

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KizKiz Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I really enjoyed PuzzleCraft back when I have an iPhone, but for some reason it never got released in my region on Google Play, so play it once I switched over.

Do any of you guys play Crusaders Quest? I've been playing it for the past week or so and am really enjoying it. Still finding a lot of the meta game confusing and building up my team, but I'm finding it more interactive than Brave Frontier was. The team building/team synergy aspect of the game certainly keeps things interesting. I just wish all these energy-restricted games had a one-time purchase of an energy regen buff or something. I'm never going to pay money to spin a roulette wheel a few times in this game then be back when I'm started, but if it gave me something permanent then we'd be talking a different story.

PSN: Kiz-ziK | Gamertag: KizziK | Steam: Kizzik
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Farming Simulator has a mobile version.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I progressed fairly far into Jetpack Joyride back on my iPhone (~2013). Too bad that game didn't tie accounts to a backend server; I don't want to start from scratch. :(

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Kiz wrote: »
    I really enjoyed PuzzleCraft back when I have an iPhone, but for some reason it never got released in my region on Google Play, so play it once I switched over.

Do any of you guys play Crusaders Quest? I've been playing it for the past week or so and am really enjoying it. Still finding a lot of the meta game confusing and building up my team, but I'm finding it more interactive than Brave Frontier was. The team building/team synergy aspect of the game certainly keeps things interesting. I just wish all these energy-restricted games had a one-time purchase of an energy regen buff or something. I'm never going to pay money to spin a roulette wheel a few times in this game then be back when I'm started, but if it gave me something permanent then we'd be talking a different story.

I played a ton of CQ. It's a pretty fun game, and I think it's also a plus that eventually you are basically done with it. If you have a max team and 5 or 6* weapons on those guys, you can feel satisfied and finish playing.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Sadly, I bought This War of Mine on GamesRepublic without thoroughly reading the requirements. I had planned to play it on my N6 but apparently it's tablets only. It seems to run on my Gen 1 N7 but that bad boy is definitely showing its age. The game came bundled with a PC version so I'm not too hurt. On the plus side, I emailed support asking why it wouldn't work before I noticed the tablets only thing and they said they are looking at getting it to work on phones right now. No guarantees but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Kairosoft has a game literally about running a farm.

I think that ticks all the boxes.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.kairosoft.android.noujou_en

That looks exactly like what they're after.

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Fallout Shelter is now out on Android so you all have no excuses:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bethsoft.falloutshelter

forumsig.png
  • Options
    DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    darleysam wrote: »

Sweet!!! I can't wait. It crashed my iPad, which I think is an older one, once I got 20+ people in there. Looking forward to this!

• Options
    KylindraKylindra Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

I played a ton of CQ. It's a pretty fun game, and I think it's also a plus that eventually you are basically done with it. If you have a max team and 5 or 6* weapons on those guys, you can feel satisfied and finish playing.

I love CQ. It's a suprisingly complex game with a ton of strategy and even a story. It's the game I play when I'm sitting in front of the tv for an hour.

The downside is it takes a minute to load up, so it's not a good candidate for a 5-minute time-filler. For that, I have Wordiest.

Side note: If you like Scrabble, and like to feel smarter than other people, Wordiest is your new best friend. It gives you a set of tiles with which to create the highest point value words you can and then shows you how you did compared to 100 other people with the same letters. If you beat all of them, there is an incredibly satisfying animation of tiles exploding. Also, there's a graph showing how everyone did where you can see what words they made, and your progress is tracked over time as a rating (on a 100 point scale, so if you average beating 90% of other people then your rating is 90).

If you have two minutes and want to feel really smart, Wordiest is amazing. It's also smooth as butter and loads in like a second.

• Options
    ArmorocArmoroc Registered User regular
    darleysam wrote: »

Ughhh! Thanks! Now I'm hooked :bigfrown:

• Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    So far, I feel like the best way to describe my experience of Fallout Shelter is. Harem: the Game

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Card Crawl is pretty fun.

Renzo on
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Dracil wrote: »
    So far, I feel like the best way to describe my experience of Fallout Shelter is. Harem: the Game

Steel Angel's theorem of waifus/husbandos states that in any game that allows for relationships and more than one player controlled character the amount of time spent deciding who to marry/breed with whom quickly approaches a third of the total time spent on the game as long as there are still matches to be made. Note that this is not a limit as time can easily exceed this third.

A quick example can be found in that I just got Alister Tenpenny from a lunchbox and am now figuring out who I want him to father a child with so that he passes on his perception and/or luck stats so that I hit the 50 dweller limit when I wake up Sunday for the next building unlock.

Steel Angel on
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular

Steel Angel's theorem of waifus/husbandos states that in any game that allows for relationships and more than one player controlled character the amount of time spent deciding who to marry/breed with whom quickly approaches a third of the total time spent on the game as long as there are still matches to be made. Note that this is not a limit as time can easily exceed this third.

A quick example can be found in that I just got Alister Tenpenny from a lunchbox and am now figuring out who I want him to father a child with so that he passes on his perception and/or luck stats so that I hit the 50 dweller limit when I wake up Sunday for the next building unlock.

I have 2 words for you: Crusader Kings.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    CesareB wrote: »

I have 2 words for you: Crusader Kings.

The day I picked up Way of Life turned my approach to heirs from just trying to marry well and concubine well and then wait to using the Seduction focus to a cycle of searching nearby countries for Quick, Genius, and Strong women, having affairs with them, and then rejecting any bastards without good genetic traits while acknowledging bastards with them and putting them forth as my heir under Elective succession. One king had a -800 opinion malus with his wife due to this chain philandering. And since this was a Norse game, this was on top of concubines producing children.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    Any TCG/CCG recommendations?

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Any TCG/CCG recommendations?

Hearthstone.

• Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    Any others?

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    Mojang's Scrolls is pretty good. Although they're stated that they'll be shutting down the servers sometime in the future (guessing probably not before helping bootstrap some community-run servers).

• Options
    SiskaSiska Shorty Registered User regular
    Anyone playing Walking Dead:Road to Survival? I am enjoying the hell out of it. You build your base, recruit survivors and do quests. It has PvP and guilds called "factions" but it's not very intrusive or penalizing when you lose.

I am playing on Coweta and Candler server/region but if there is a Penny Arcade faction on a different server I wouldn't mind moving there. My name on those 2 regions is Izuela.

• Options
    EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Any others?
    SolForge is alright, and you can play it on PC as well. I always felt their F2P model was pretty generous.

• Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Amazon was usually giving out a free app of the day, but they just came out with 'Amazon Underground' which seems to have a bunch of free games/apps. Ducktales Remastered, Farming Simulator 14, Cut The Rope, Goat Simulator, Jetpack Joyride, Fruit Ninja and a bunch more. An added bonus is that all the in-app purchases for those games are free in those versions.

Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Kylindra wrote: »
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

I love CQ. It's a suprisingly complex game with a ton of strategy and even a story. It's the game I play when I'm sitting in front of the tv for an hour.

The downside is it takes a minute to load up, so it's not a good candidate for a 5-minute time-filler. For that, I have Wordiest.

Side note: If you like Scrabble, and like to feel smarter than other people, Wordiest is your new best friend. It gives you a set of tiles with which to create the highest point value words you can and then shows you how you did compared to 100 other people with the same letters. If you beat all of them, there is an incredibly satisfying animation of tiles exploding. Also, there's a graph showing how everyone did where you can see what words they made, and your progress is tracked over time as a rating (on a 100 point scale, so if you average beating 90% of other people then your rating is 90).

If you have two minutes and want to feel really smart, Wordiest is amazing. It's also smooth as butter and loads in like a second.
    Damn, these are good suggestions - thanks!

• Options
    dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
    I haven't been much for Android games, outside of some small stuff and P&D, but I recently found 'The Room.' A great puzzle game worth playing. It's also available on Steam, and The Room 2 is also available on android. the first is only .99 cents, so its a cheap buy if you like puzzle games and watch a solid game to play.

PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • Options
    Legacy wrote: »
    Amazon was usually giving out a free app of the day, but they just came out with 'Amazon Underground' which seems to have a bunch of free games/apps. Ducktales Remastered, Farming Simulator 14, Cut The Rope, Goat Simulator, Jetpack Joyride, Fruit Ninja and a bunch more. An added bonus is that all the in-app purchases for those games are free in those versions.

Yeah, this has been pretty cool, although it's weird to me just being able to grab a huge pack of coins for something like Jetpack Joyride (you need to be online, you go to buy them like you might normally, then it goes "this is free" instead of taking your money). Like, that's how the game's structured, that I earn these things and unlock through playing, and here we are with me being able to unlock everything if I like.
    So, naturally, I have the option and refuse to use it because I'd like to actually play the game.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    There's a new Android bundle on the Humble Bundle store.

$1
    Amelia | Kids Story Book
    Toy Defense
    One More Line

BTA
    Double Dragon Trilogy
    Autumn Dynasy - RTS
    Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
    More to come...

I'm tempted to get the BTA for Stranger's Wrath but I usually hate touchscreen controls for shooters. Anyone know anything about any of the other games or how well SW plays?

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    I'm tempted to get the BTA for Stranger's Wrath but I usually hate touchscreen controls for shooters. Anyone know anything about any of the other games or how well SW plays?

TouchArcade says the iOS version controls well. It's not going to control as well on a touchscreen as it would with a gamepad, but if you can get by with floating joysticks (and optional tilt-to-aim), you'll be fine.

• Options
    With that Amazon Underground thing, just thought people would be interested to know that with its version of Punch Quest, they've actually removed in-app purchases. Noodlecake say they've rebalanced the game to keep progression moving, and it starts you off with 100k of the game's currency, but yeah, you actually can't 'buy' any more (as in, with the free IAP thing that other games have).

forumsig.png
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    So anybody else playing the Star Wars Uprising game? I started it up and made a cartel for PA players.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    So anybody else playing the Star Wars Uprising game? I started it up and made a cartel for PA players.

What is the info on that? I only ran the tutorial. Do I need to be a certain level to join? What do we get for being in a cartel?

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »

What is the info on that? I only ran the tutorial. Do I need to be a certain level to join? What do we get for being in a cartel?

I'm trying to figure it out myself. I think you can join as soon as you start since the chat window has tons of people advertising.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    You can join pretty early on, I think Cartels get introduced around Lv. 3 or 5. I'm about 12, the game is pretty rad though I'm not thrilled on the cost of premium pull ($3.99-$3.81 per pull, depending on bulk).

One sec, I'll spin us up a Cartel.

All done, was 1,000 credits. Look up WeAreNiceGuys.

jdarksun on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    For some reason, Hearthstone performance is worse on my Galaxy S6 than my old S5. Board wipes of any kind, and any "smoky" effects (Doomsayer, Flamestrike, Ysera Awakens, etc) wreck the frame rate. Any reasons why such effects would cause the S6 to shit itself?

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767