As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Android Games!

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Gun blueprints upgrade armor

Makes sense!

• Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    You get to salvage and sell stuff once you hit level... 9, I think?

I can't seem to find a table online showing equipment stats. It would be nice to know if gun A was better than gun B, before gun A had been upgraded. It's really hard to know which equipment I should be wearing.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Seriously, someone make a star wars thread.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    VoodooV wrote: »
    What is the purpose of Blueprints?

Starting to run into a number of bugs in the equipment grind. Hope they issue a patch soon
    You need blueprints to upgrade stuff. Gun blueprints upgrade armor, armor blueprints upgrades crew, crew blueprints upgrades guns.

Wait, what?

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Accepted! Made you an Officer so you could do the same. We don't get messages on application, which is annoying.

Applied, Ali Bobba.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Question about Fallout shelter.

I noticed that the achivements for google play has one for doing one of every room. for some reason it shows i still have not built 1 room type, but i know ive got them all. is there some secret room that opens up at some population amount?

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Ranlin wrote: »
    Couple family members just got android tablets. They're looking for Farming games, that preferably are offline or at least don't require/push you into having a bunch of friends to "help." Also without completely ridiculous permissions/spyware.

It seemed like that would only be possible with a payed game, but I'm having little luck finding anything that doesn't seem complete garbage at all. It doesn't help that I have 0 interest in the genre myself.

Does uh...does anyone have any suggestions to consider/pass along?

Literal "Farming" games? As in planting seeds and growing stuff like Animal Crossing?

• Options
    MorranMorran Registered User regular
    ...all right, I'm gonna go install this Uprising thing you folks are chatting about.

Also, I'd love some good adventure games for my phone... any suggestions? I liked "Creatures Such As We" though it was pretty short.

If you by adventure mean text-heavy, choose-your-own-adventure affairs, i can not rekommend the inkle games "80 days" and "sourcery!" enough. Wonderful games.

• Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    Applied to cartel as Fiona Hiraeth

76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    Any others?

There isnt any reason for any others. and for gods sake dont try playing two at the same time. Wallet actually becomes a black hole and destroys us all.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Man I need another game to play on my phone. Final Fantasy Record Keeper is now taking WAY too long to play in the mornings and I need something more involved than Fallout Shelter. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm open to pretty much anything as long as it doesn't involve too much swiping on the phone. I prefer menu-based if possible.

Not Brave Frontier (had the same problem that FF: RK is having for me).

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    80 Days?

forumsig.png
  • Options
    EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Hitman Go? Lara Croft Go? Any of the inkle stuff is really good. 80 days, Sorcery, etc.

• Options
    Sorcery is free on Amazon Underground, if you went that way.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    So Uprising. I did one of those dangerous crew missions, only a 75 or 80% chance of success or whatever. It failed, as all missions with < 100% chance of success seem to do. And it straight up permakilled one of my Crew. That's it, no chance of rescue or revival: they are dead and gone, end of line.

Can't decide if I'm impressed or annoyed.

• Options
    Jetpack Joyride! Free via Amazon Underground.

• Options
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Jetpack Joyride! Free via Amazon Underground.

I love JJ but I played it so much already. :)
    darleysam wrote: »
    80 Days?
    Entriech wrote: »
    Hitman Go? Lara Croft Go? Any of the inkle stuff is really good. 80 days, Sorcery, etc.

I'll check these out!

• Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    J
    So Uprising. I did one of those dangerous crew missions, only a 75 or 80% chance of success or whatever. It failed, as all missions with < 100% chance of success seem to do. And it straight up permakilled one of my Crew. That's it, no chance of rescue or revival: they are dead and gone, end of line.

I like it.

For a mobile game to not monetize some kind of binary loss... It's refreshing.

• Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular

FWIW, I've had a 50-something% one succeed before. Singular anecdote

76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Man I need another game to play on my phone. Final Fantasy Record Keeper is now taking WAY too long to play in the mornings and I need something more involved than Fallout Shelter. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm open to pretty much anything as long as it doesn't involve too much swiping on the phone. I prefer menu-based if possible.

Plants Vs Zombies 2. It's real time, but you can just play the daily special level and stockpile resources if you're short on time. In case you heard bad things about it at some point, it's now a MASSIVE game, with much more content than the original. There are plants you have to buy with real money, but you can of course win without them. And you get to use the pay plants on the dailies sometimes, so it's not even like you won't get to use them ever.

• Options

Never tell me the Odds.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I'm Kaerin Evitain and applied for tthe cartel in weareniceguys. Pretty fun little game So far.

• Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I'm Kaerin Evitain and applied for tthe cartel in weareniceguys. Pretty fun little game So far.

Added, promoted.

Are we limiting this to just PA members? Lvl20 seems like it will take a while, and as far as I can tell the cartel is worthless until then.

Also, I see people are recommending to buy the second day bonus pack with your premium space money, and I'd concur -- I wish I'd known when I had the chance. It's a lot of cash and materials to grease the wheels, you make plenty in the next day or two to cover the cost, and I expect I'll get bored of the grind and drop the game before I find somewhere better to spend it.

• Options
    a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    Applied for the cartel as Esteev ooo.

I'm bad at making names.

Number One Tricky
  • Options
    Orogogus wrote: »
    Are we limiting this to just PA members? Lvl20 seems like it will take a while, and as far as I can tell the cartel is worthless until then.
    PA and friends is usually what we do. I thought I saw the cap on cartel members is something tiny like 40, we'll probably hit that without opening up general recruiting.
    Orogogus wrote: »
    Also, I see people are recommending to buy the second day bonus pack with your premium space money, and I'd concur -- I wish I'd known when I had the chance. It's a lot of cash and materials to grease the wheels, you make plenty in the next day or two to cover the cost, and I expect I'll get bored of the grind and drop the game before I find somewhere better to spend it.
    What's this second day bonus pack thing?

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    80 Days is delightful.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options

Plants Vs Zombies 2. It's real time, but you can just play the daily special level and stockpile resources if you're short on time. In case you heard bad things about it at some point, it's now a MASSIVE game, with much more content than the original. There are plants you have to buy with real money, but you can of course win without them. And you get to use the pay plants on the dailies sometimes, so it's not even like you won't get to use them ever.

PVZ2 was awesome a few years ago. I might go ahead and reinstall just to play through it again.

Also I can't get the Amazon Underground games to install. I installed the Amazon Underground application. I downloaded the game and when it says "Install" I can't click the button to install. Everything else is clickable but the Install button is not. Has anyone run into this? I've restarted my phone, verified that I allow installs from other sources, and made sure every security setting is off.

• Options
    I applied for the Uprising cartel, name is Alis Shodan

• Options
    a nu start wrote: »
    Applied for the cartel as Esteev ooo.
    azith28 wrote: »
    I applied for the Uprising cartel, name is Alis Shodan
    Accepted and promoted. Also promoted Gong0, JPJeezus, and SniperGuy.

• Options

PVZ2 was awesome a few years ago. I might go ahead and reinstall just to play through it again.

Also I can't get the Amazon Underground games to install. I installed the Amazon Underground application. I downloaded the game and when it says "Install" I can't click the button to install. Everything else is clickable but the Install button is not. Has anyone run into this? I've restarted my phone, verified that I allow installs from other sources, and made sure every security setting is off.

I can't say that I ran into that.. you're buying and installing them through Underground, right? Like, opening it, finding the thing you want etc.? I'm just asking because I didn't know this at first, and was trying to get stuff through the appstore app instead.

forumsig.png
  • Options

I can't say that I ran into that.. you're buying and installing them through Underground, right? Like, opening it, finding the thing you want etc.? I'm just asking because I didn't know this at first, and was trying to get stuff through the appstore app instead.

Yeah I launch the Underground app, find the app, click the download button and then it prompts me to install. I just cannot click "Install", "Cancel" works and everything else does.

• Options
    If you're on Android, you'll need to enable "apps from unknown sources" as well. I toggle that option only when I install Amazon appstore/Underground apps; which is not often.

• Options
    If you're on Android, you'll need to enable "apps from unknown sources" as well. I toggle that option only when I install Amazon appstore/Underground apps; which is not often.

Yeah I did that and that's how I got the Underground app to install, but it doesn't work for me now for some reason. :(

Maybe I'll try to get the APK and download it manually that way.

• Options
    Damn, I've got no idea what's causing that, sorry. If I remember I'll try it out tonight on something and see if it happens.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular

Yeah I did that and that's how I got the Underground app to install, but it doesn't work for me now for some reason. :(

Might have to install the Amazon App Store as well since prior to this all Amazon apks required you to have that installed.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular

Yeah I launch the Underground app, find the app, click the download button and then it prompts me to install. I just cannot click "Install", "Cancel" works and everything else does.

does your phone meet the requirements for the app?

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    Any others?

There isnt any reason for any others. and for gods sake dont try playing two at the same time. Wallet actually becomes a black hole and destroys us all.

How is Ascension? I heard the name a while ago.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    So has Underground completely replaced the Amazon Appstore android app? It looks it includes paid apps as well, seemingly making the other app redundant.

EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote: »

Might have to install the Amazon App Store as well since prior to this all Amazon apks required you to have that installed.

That's not on the play store anymore.
    mts wrote: »

does your phone meet the requirements for the app?

It's an S6 and it seems to be happening with all the apps (including a Sesame Street one I was going to install for my daughter... I swear!)