Options

Twitter Webcomics

• Options
    MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Nah, Colm broke up with her. Whatever she does ain't his business.

It is pretty shitty to try and hook up with a friend's ex

but linton is like 16 years old and, if he's anything like I was at that age, literally bursting with semen

I had a medical condition okay

Machwing on
    l3icwZV.png
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    The idea that a dude has any kind of say in who his ex dates is pretty messed up. He doesn't own her and his friends don't need to act like he does.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    when was the last time you saw fictional characters be rational about relationships

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Besides, this is how we get conflict for the story. Because even though Colm has no right to get mad, he probably will.

• Options
    GOTTA GET DAT DRAMA OBAMA

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Yeah, but HOMIES DON'T DO THAT SHIT WITHOUT THE EXPRESS CONSENT OF ALL INVOLVED PARTIES.

Seriously. It's not a "oh Colm owns Claire he has claimed her in his manly way as is his right and privilege" type thing.

It's a "we're all friends and this is the kind of thing that can absolutely tear a circle of friends the fuck apart so I'd better talk this shit out with those involved." I seent it!

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    yeah it's more of a "if my friend breaks up with a girl and then i immediately start dating her, what is the potential damage to my social circle" evaluation and people might say they're cool with one thing or another but because feelings are messy and humans are human

let's be clear here obviously there is no "claiming" a girl and a girl can date whoever she wants, nobody is disputing that

• Options
    Colm's supposed to be leaving anyway though. It's not like he's going to be around to be in the circle of friends and it's not all that clear how much he was in the circle to begin with.

A couple of my high school friends got together after her boyfriend (who was friends with the dude) broke up with her. They're still married and nobody liked that first dude anyway.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    390.jpg

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    00001567.jpg
    Gee!

• Options
    Round Of Sneers

2015-09-166-Round-Of-Sneers.jpg
    Look at them with their endorphins pumping through their brains creating the illusion of pleasure at the company of their partner. Look at how their disgusting eyes dilate and their stupid cardiovascular systems pump a little more vigorously. I wish to scream at them, ''Your corporeal form is abhorrent!''

• Options
    Top of the Morn

i-wnQfTTd-1050x10000.jpg

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    there's no reason to think that Linton regards himself as Colm's mate, anyway - Linton is non-confrontational and Colm is intimidating. an ethic of getting on cordially with regular acquaintances is not the same as being homies, standing together against the world

just in case the reader missed any social class hints, we got this

20150826.png

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Top of the Morn

i-wnQfTTd-1050x10000.jpg

hmm...? did they miss some stray text around the three eye'd guy's belt area when they were cleaning up the strip? I can't quite make out what it says though.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Top of the Morn

i-wnQfTTd-1050x10000.jpg

hmm...? did they miss some stray text around the three eye'd guy's belt area when they were cleaning up the strip? I can't quite make out what it says though.

I think it says "Then dip them in Ranch". Probably a unbubbled piece of Gabespeak.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    nobody tell him about how you can order a happy meal with extra happy

• Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    Yah, it looks like he is telling the kid that he can dip the nuggets in ranch.

• Options
    What game is it referencing?

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    What game is it referencing?

Destiny I'm guessing

• Options
    I'm not sure which is more frustrating: the glacial pace of most Gunnerkrigg stories, or the way this chapter is being told quickly but with crude art.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Crude art?

It's highly stylised art. I wouldn't call it crude.

That's Demon.

• Options
    Cave drawing art then.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    Cave drawing art then.

I love it

It's the perfect style to use for a Coyote POV

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    I can live with it if it means the story progresses faster.

By which I mean more happens in each strip. I'm don't expect faster updates or anything like that.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Love Me Nice has NSFW stuff in it's archives.

lmn_page210.jpg

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Please explain why her grandfather is a big deal. I have slow internet and lack the speed to effectively dive the archive before 3 am.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Way I see it, Claire can make a move on Linton (cos she's the one who got dumped, she can do what she wants) but Linton shouldn't make a move on Claire (for already stated reasons).

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    nobody tell him about how you can order a happy meal with extra happy

8->

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    relativity_pt2_page21.jpg
    http://relativitycomic.com/

I sympathize with everyone in this comic right now and am also very confused saddened by that sympathy because I know they cannot all be happy and that there is a wife all alone right now in the other universe.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    miypd5g6pxto.jpg
    aqlpeead8eaj.jpg
    lgfbhav3mnq9.jpg
    Thunderstruck finally has someone who can follow people without getting caught two panels in. I think this sets a new record.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    1442385444-089.jpg
    Note that the name involved was changed just in case, but I tried to pick something that kept the feeling more or less intact :0

Now several kids in that class have their own 'english-version names' and bless them all T3T

Let's Speak English

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    tumblr_nulntahdwx1sey8eso1_1280.png
    tumblr_nulnusIW001sey8eso1_1280.png
    Hot Blood is back.
    The story so far (so far as I can tell), Rook and Asa have got away with their train robbery, no one knows they did it. Or maybe they do, but it worked out for everyone? Anyway, roadtrip!

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    ronya wrote: »
    20150916.png

I'm sure he does, Claire.

Linton you are a good guy but caaaareful!!

edit: as in careful you don't get the crap kicked out of you Linton!

Liiya on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Yeah I think you gotta remember that it's not a case of ownership or anything weird like that, and also that thee are teenagers who are emotionally sensitive and immature.

Colm was dating Claire, and Colm is Linton's buddy. If Linton hits on Claire, then Colm could be upset. Now you might say that this is Colm's problem, but if Linton is his buddy, then Linton will not want to hurt Colm's feelings. Because friends take that into account when thy say/do stuff. If Colm thinks Linton wouldn't be party to his pain like that, then he'll feel extra-hurt and betrayed if Linton hits on Claire.

So basically Linton

play it cool man

no sudden moves

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2015
    All that said, I didn't think Colm was even particularly into Claire? 'hurt' might be pushing it a bit.

tynic on
  • Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Maybe at the beginning of the relationship he wasn't, but iirc, this chapter established that he was really into her and was super broken up about splitting apart.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    ... but he broke up with her.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    ... but he broke up with her.

Because he was getting pulled out of school and becoming a day laborer not because he wanted to

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    i think colm was a bit teary eyed as well when he broke things off with lil claire

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Yeah, I just re read the chapter. Less sadness than I remember, but as he's walking sadly away from Claire, the background is doing an "I'm breaking" thing.

This discussion has been closed.