Options

Twitter Webcomics

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    it's not clear that colm and linton are close friends to begin with

and colm moving to ireland conveniently removes him from their social circle anyway. so claire little rubs colm's face in it, well, what of it. it's equally her bridge to burn

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    here's some japanese lil claire fan art and also a theory? my japanese isn't good enough to decipher it

http://scarygoround.tumblr.com/post/129203480913/d-maliline-追記やはり-y-ではなく-x-にしておくべきだった

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    finally

some goddamn webcomic anime

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    it's not clear that colm and linton are close friends to begin with

and colm moving to ireland conveniently removes him from their social circle anyway. so claire little rubs colm's face in it, well, what of it. it's equally her bridge to burn

Its pretty clear that guidance counselor got him to stay as I suspect we'll find out next strip

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    00001567.jpg
    Gee!
    So who is the little pile of rocks with a symbol

is that the headmaster?

Also this latest PA strip is some real good art

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Machwing wrote: »
    Nah, Colm broke up with her. Whatever she does ain't his business.

It is pretty shitty to try and hook up with a friend's ex

it absolutely is not.

also colm dumped her in the meanest way possible, he can get the fuck over it.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Colm is a kid who thought he "needed" to break up with her so he did the misguided "make her hate him" thing to try and make it easier.

Like, Allison by and large tries not to write his kid characters as small adults, so it's especially worth consideration that kids don't know shit.

Also, I feel like people are jumping to the "he doesn't have any claim over her!" bit super fast because they want to seem morally correct. Like, yes fucking obviously he doesn't have any claim to her, but if a friend has a messy breakup and you decide to go out with their ex, you should keep in mind that regardless of how good a friend that person is those two people probably aren't keen to be around one another.

Maddoc on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    bKHzX1Yl.gif

cizn3vU.gif

Are they inside? Is Margo just asleep... in the street?

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »

Also, I feel like people are jumping to the "he doesn't have any claim over her!" bit super fast because they want to seem morally correct. Like, yes fucking obviously he doesn't have any claim to her, but if a friend has a messy breakup and you decide to go out with their ex, you should keep in mind that regardless of how good a friend that person is those two people probably aren't keen to be around one another.

Yes, but that's a far cry from "don't ever date a friend's ex".

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    1442385444-089.jpg
    Note that the name involved was changed just in case, but I tried to pick something that kept the feeling more or less intact :0

Now several kids in that class have their own 'english-version names' and bless them all T3T

Let's Speak English

I

love

LSE

1427887500-065.jpg

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I kind of love A3G

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I kind of love A3G
    It is an absurd nightmare fever dream and I can't get enough

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    My students in Japan thought I was ancient when I told them it was my 27th birthday back in January.

They were adorable.

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    My students in Japan thought I was ancient when I told them it was my 27th birthday back in January.

They were adorable.

That's just kids though. And, realistically, you'd probably think anyone who is more than twice your age was ancient, no matter if you were nine or ninety. Even if you wouldn't actually say it like that….

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Magic Pink wrote: »

Yes, but that's a far cry from "don't ever date a friend's ex".

Yeah, there's a very large spectrum of reasons why people break up.

Now, warning your friend that you're dating their ex? That's a pretty reasonable courtesy.

I mean, depending on the circumstances of the breakup, learning about that at the last second could be super awkward. I'm also pretty sure that's also a plot that has been used by about 5,000 animes at this point.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    we got some apartment 3g stockholm syndrome in here

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Krieghund wrote: »
    That is true. However if doesn't actually make his intentions known, this is a one way trip to the friend zone.

tumblr_nkexhbE1B51u1exyno1_1280.jpg

• Options
    AdvocateAdvocate Registered User regular
  • Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    there's no reason to think that Linton regards himself as Colm's mate, anyway - Linton is non-confrontational and Colm is intimidating. an ethic of getting on cordially with regular acquaintances is not the same as being homies, standing together against the world

just in case the reader missed any social class hints, we got this

20150826.png

Might have been asked earlier but cultural ignorance question here: this is actually, like, a thing you can do in England? Just let 16 year olds not go to school anymore?

That's just a strange concept to me coming from a magical land called New Jersey where we have truancy officers and parents can actually go to jail for that.

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
  • Options
    I believe in Ontario that at 16 you actually can drop out of school and just start working.

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    School leaving age in the UK was recently upped to 18 for children born after 1 September '97, previously it was 16.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    there's no reason to think that Linton regards himself as Colm's mate, anyway - Linton is non-confrontational and Colm is intimidating. an ethic of getting on cordially with regular acquaintances is not the same as being homies, standing together against the world

just in case the reader missed any social class hints, we got this

20150826.png

Might have been asked earlier but cultural ignorance question here: this is actually, like, a thing you can do in England? Just let 16 year olds not go to school anymore?

That's just a strange concept to me coming from a magical land called New Jersey where we have truancy officers and parents can actually go to jail for that.

In NJ you can drop out at 17, I believe. Either way, it seems colm was convinced by his dad it was important for him to drop out and help the family.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I don't think he's permanently dropped out yet anyway, he was getting a talking to from the guidance counselor last we saw him.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    Demon (has been NSFW in the past) is now into a new chapter. So a:it looks like Jimmy will be "dead" for a bit, and b:it looks like Hunter managed to catch Sweetpea again:
    2015-09-16demon498.gif

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Colm is a teenager, so it's very likely he saw the 'make your ex hate you so they get over it faster' in a movie so naturally that's how normal people behave. He seems pretty miserable, and that's sad, but if Claire is making the moves, that's her perogative.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    0y82fy288mgy.png
    I'm just saying, whenever we go to Mars, I'm not going on the first boat.
    ybiop21oggnu.png

klemming on
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Page040.jpg

New chapter in Hinges: Mechanical Men

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Demon (has been NSFW in the past) is now into a new chapter. So a:it looks like Jimmy will be "dead" for a bit, and b:it looks like Hunter managed to catch Sweetpea again:
    2015-09-16demon498.gif

And...Japan has transitioned back into a Shogunate?

• Options
    Javen wrote: »
    2015-09-16demon498.gif

no, that's Neo-Wisconsin

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    In the future all cultures adopt the superior architectural techniques of ancient Nippon

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Guy's rich and immortal and thinks pagodas look cool. It's probably on top of a skyscraper, too.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    statlerstatler Registered User regular
    12019909_1043601012337318_4123475505062123755_n.jpg?oh=f51622acbbe67aebda264ce0eeac2317&oe=566DFEBB
    Bloom County 2015. Back to politics, but no Trump..yet.

qy85xdkddou7.png
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    ss90h74crukw.jpg
    'The guards only figured it out when they noticed no crows would go near my cell!'
    *gasp* It isn't the real Doc!
    I'm shocked. Shocked, I say.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    I dunno, if Jimmy could demon his way into owning Fallingwater, I'm sure Hunter can demon his way into owning some sort of ancient Japanese building, too.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    2015-09-16demon498.gif

Shiganate

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    2015-09-06-the-dailies.jpg?fit=1024%2C1024

I wish human mating was so easy.

another webcomicer did that joke better

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    bwanie wrote: »
    azith28 wrote: »
    2015-09-06-the-dailies.jpg?fit=1024%2C1024

I wish human mating was so easy.

another webcomicer did that joke better

A lot of people have done the joke.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    One Punch Man is read right to left.
    Previous Chapter | Index | Current Chapter [NSFW]
    Neveron wrote: »
    7oRyWgi.jpg
    KfALa7U.jpg
    wQfPTmo.jpg
    yt6c5i4.jpg

Sources and links:
    url="http://galaxyheavyblow.web.fc2.com/index.html"]JP webcomic c.1-101[/url [ENG webcomic c.1-31 (32-101 are available on other unlinkable places)](2 NSFW pages)
    Chapters 1-3 translated by El_Thor, 4-27 by Boon (and for four panels PA's Cantide and for one PA's Winder) and edited by me, 28-30 by El_Thor yet again, and 31 onwards by someone who shall remain anonymous since I don't know who they are.

url="http://tonarinoyj.jp/manga/onepanman/"]JP Manga c.1-5, 15-53[/url url="http://www.viz.com/manga/digital/one-punch-man"]ENG Manga c.1-37[/url
    [Anime: THIS OCTOBER, Promotional video]
    The next post is probably read left to right.

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    claire is going to use linton to hurt colm and it is going to be spectacular

This discussion has been closed.