Options

Gaming Tattoos

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Well, not really my friend. They do improv, and I like doing improv, so they are people I must tolerate and get along with.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I've occasionally considered getting the Brotherhood of Steel emblem on my left arm.
    BOS_symbol_2.gif

Still, not too big on either needles or pain, and I really don't care about it that much, so probably not.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    ScumdoggScumdogg Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I love all the "Girls won't sex you if you got a nerd tattoo!" from dudes who probably aren't really in a position to give out advice on girls or sexing. My entire right arm is covered in 80's cartoon villain tattoos. I have Skeletor and Panthor about a foot long on my forearm, and then on the other side is Mumm-Ra. My first tattoo ever was a Cobra logo on my bicep and i've got Mon-Starr from fucking Silverhawks on the inside of my elbow. The only blank space is the inside of my upper arm, where i will get Megatron. But i moved away from my tattoo artist and haven't found a new one yet. Trust me, if you just man up and get what your little nerdy heart desires, nobody's really gonna question you. Not in real life. I've never once gotten any shit about my tattoos, and never once has it done anything but help matters from a sexing up standpoint.

Scumdogg on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Having played WoW for three years (and as a Rogue the entire time, well, along with everything else), I've had the ocassional flight of fancy to get the "Rogue Symbol" (a circle with a dagger in it) somewhere, but doubt I ever will. I'm an addict, but I'm not THAT addicted.

Non-gaming related, I've pondered the typical Canadian Flag or "Made in Canada" for a while.

One that I've thought of getting for nearly a decade; when I was in highschool, I cut the outside of my right upper arm (halfway between elbow and shoulder, roughly) on a metal L-Bracket someone had left in a wall. It wasn't terribly deep or painful, but it did leave a scar that's a fairly straight line. Thus, I've always wanted to put above or below it...

"You must be this tall to ride."

It makes me laugh, juevenille as it is.

Edit: it helps that I'm 6'5", so the tattoo is around the 5' mark, and thus, most women on earth would meet this 'requirement'.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    ScumdoggScumdogg Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    In a noble effort to re-rail this thread back onto nerd tattoos....

Skeletor.jpg

Scumdogg on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Scumdogg wrote: »
    In a noble effort to re-rail this thread back onto nerd tattoos....

Skeletor.jpg

That's pretty cool. :D

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    MikeMan wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    I'm just confused as to what "just one bitch" is supposed to mean.

Me too. The important thing to realize here, however, is that VC just likes to attack/ride people with no real provocation whatsoever.

Well you called my friend a whore. That's pretty much provocation if ever I've seen it.

Was this in another thread or something?

I'm completely fucking lost here.

If I said "I don't see the point of Starter jackets except to identify which black-people to avoid", how would you parse that?

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    flamebroiledchickenflamebroiledchicken Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    This is pretty sweet:

gftattoo.jpg

flamebroiledchicken on
    y59kydgzuja4.png
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    This is pretty sweet:

Grim Fandango[img][/img]

That's pretty sweet. Is that fresh or something? It looks fake.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    flamebroiledchickenflamebroiledchicken Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Gooey wrote: »
    This is pretty sweet:

Grim Fandango[img][/img]

That's pretty sweet. Is that fresh or something? It looks fake.

No idea, it's not mine. Does look fresh though.

flamebroiledchicken on
    y59kydgzuja4.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    This is pretty sweet:

gftattoo.jpg

This is weird because I was just listening to the soundtrack for this. It's cool.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2007
    Talk of what Gooey would like to stick his dick in is now in the other thread, because we all care very much about his preferences.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    OP has the tatoo I want, although mine will probably considerably smaller.

As for having to lie about it, if a woman couldn't accept me and my love of video games, I wouldn't want to date her anyway.

Kilroy on
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I've always wanted to want a tattoo enough to get one (if that makes sense). I like the 5 year rule, but nothing has ever passed the test. I've only really had one experience/lesson that I'd like to keep with me for ever (enough to get it tatt'd) but it doesn't really lend itself to graphical expression, which sucks.

Also, I've always wanted a triforce tattoo, but really, who hasn't?

JPants on
  • Options
    YodaTunaYodaTuna Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I have always wanted a very small tattoo of Pi somewhere. I'm and engineering major, give me a break.

Bottom of your big toe on your right foot.

YodaTuna on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    YodaTuna wrote: »
    I have always wanted a very small tattoo of Pi somewhere. I'm and engineering major, give me a break.

I am pretty sure this is a John Dies At The End reference, and if I am right then you are awesome.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    YodaTunaYodaTuna Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    YodaTuna wrote: »

I am pretty sure this is a John Dies At The End reference, and if I am right then you are awesome.

I'm so transparent.

YodaTuna on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Not actually a mod. Roaming the streets, waving his gun around.Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2007
    If you're planning on getting a tattoo and then lying about what it means to everyone, you've sort of failed at life. You fail for getting something indelibly stitched into your arm that you're apparently ashamed of, and you fail for caring enough about what random strangers think to lie to them.

If I wanted a tattoo, it would be of Mario, or something. And if people asked me what it was, I would say, "It's a cartoon plumber from one of my favorite gaming series." And if they sneered at me, I would shake my head sadly and get on with my life, happy in the knowledge that I don't need to waste any more attention on them.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    If you're planning on getting a tattoo and then lying about what it means to everyone, you've sort of failed at life. You fail for getting something indelibly stitched into your arm that you're apparently ashamed of, and you fail for caring enough about what random strangers think to lie to them.

If I wanted a tattoo, it would be of Mario, or something. And if people asked me what it was, I would say, "It's a cartoon plumber from one of my favorite gaming series." And if they sneered at me, I would shake my head sadly and get on with my life, happy in the knowledge that I don't need to waste any more attention on them.

Amen. I think the same way about loaning people a little cash now and then. If I get my $10 back, great. If not, then it only cost me $10 to find out that they're not trustworthy.

Pretty good deal, if you ask me.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007

advantage of mario is, you could mock people for not knowing that motherfucker.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007

I agree so goddamn hard.
    Besides, this isn't 1986, video games aren't the exclusive purview of nerds and losers anymore. The last time I saw a Zelda tattoo in person it was on a cute goth girl who had a triforce on one arm and a 1-up mushroom on the other.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Haha, if any of you watched G Gundam, you remember the King of Hearts tat on the back of Domon's hand? With the heart and crown and crossed swords? I saw a guy in the anime section of Suncoast with that exact thing. Kinda cool... but kinda weird too.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Feral wrote: »

I agree so goddamn hard.
    Besides, this isn't 1986, video games aren't the exclusive purview of nerds and losers anymore. The last time I saw a Zelda tattoo in person it was on a cute goth girl who had a triforce on one arm and a 1-up mushroom on the other.

Saw a hot punk rock girl with the Triforce on the back of her hand, right where it is on Link, Zelda and Gannon's hands.

Edit: Come to think of it I can see that tattoo making a lot of girls hotter. Unless they all did it.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    If I wanted a tattoo, it would be of Mario, or something. And if people asked me what it was, I would say, "It'sa MARIO!" in a faux Italian accent. And if they sneered at me, I would shake my head sadly and get on with my life, happy in the knowledge that I don't need to waste any more attention on them.

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    If I did get a tetris tattoo, you can bet that it would be in monochrome.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Okay here is a slightly different version of the symbol I posted couple pages ago, it has the transmutation circle on it.
    600px-Binding_transmutation_circle_.png

It's growing on me.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Saburbia wrote: »
    Okay here is a slightly different version of the symbol I posted couple pages ago, it has the transmutation circle on it.

It's growing on me.

Make it a caduceus and I'd get it if I was a med student.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    The tattoo I'm considering getting is an armband about two inches wide of leopard print, bordered on each edge by the symbols representing the days on the Aztec calendar.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    ShoggothShoggoth Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I thought about getting a lady of pain tattoo.

lady-of-pain.jpg

This style image specifically.

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    Scott BairdScott Baird __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    I've occasionally considered getting the Brotherhood of Steel emblem on my left arm.
    BOS_symbol_2.gif

Still, not too big on either needles or pain, and I really don't care about it that much, so probably not.

Did you like the original Fallouts better or did you like Fallout: Tactics better?

Because that is the Tactics BoS symbol; the one in the originals had the large gear on the other side. It's a really small detail, but hey if you're going to get something permanently inked into your flesh, I figure you'd want it to be perfect.

Scott Baird on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I never got the stigma against gaming tattoos.

I mean, how the fuck is a rose or barbed wire wrapped around a cross or a dragon eating the world or a tiger with an angel on it's back or any number of stupid shit any less retarded than getting something gaming related?

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

I agree so goddamn hard.

Saw a hot punk rock girl with the Triforce on the back of her hand, right where it is on Link, Zelda and Gannon's hands.

Edit: Come to think of it I can see that tattoo making a lot of girls hotter. Unless they all did it.

I actually saw this on a girl at Hot Topic(D: my friend dragged me in), and wondered if she even know which was which. She walked over, asked if we needed help(she worked there) and said "By the way" and pointed them out and said "Courage, Wisdom, Power".

I think I popped like 9 boners.

But regardless, I'm very much of the mindset that if you're gonna LIE about what it is to someone, then you've really missed the point of getting a tattoo in the first place.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Exactly.

I mean, look at a lot of the older classic tattoos. Lucky 13, 8-balls, poker hands, pin-up girls. They were references to popular culture. How is getting a Triforce all that different from getting a poker hand?

Feral on

• Options
    ShoggothShoggoth Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Exactly.

I mean, look at a lot of the older classic tattoos. Lucky 13, 8-balls, poker hands, pin-up girls. They were references to popular culture. How is getting a Triforce all that different from getting a poker hand?

That's the thing! It isn't! But they can both be stupid!

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Exactly.

The first difference that comes to mind is that the Triforce is fucking awesome.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    metalicsharpiemetalicsharpie Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    hell yea sweet posts dudes... and no i wont ever regret the OP tattoo... its just too damn awsome. YodaTuna yea you can get the same tat if I NEVER FUCKING SEE YOU in real life. as to the whole no sex cuz of the gaming tat.. yea eff that i wont want to date a lady that doesnt like me cuz of my passion for vid games. if anything the tat will make me more attractive to the chick i date. but yea i wna see more posts of peoples tattoo's that are video game related, cuz i need more ideas for future tattoos. gettin a tat is just like eating one twisty cheeto, you just want more and more.

oh and to the people biatchin about the pain and wutnot... it really honestly doesnt hurt that much at all. (at least mine didnt, and it took up my whole upper back). the only part that hurt was the part in between the feet directly on my spine. and that didnt even hurt that bad.

metalicsharpie on
  • Options
    Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

It's growing on me.

Just to clarify, do you mean Caduceus(Hermes's symbol) or Rod of Asclepius(Medical symbol), since they're kinda mixed.

On the other hand, I doubt I'll ever get a tattoo. Not that I wouldn't consider it, but due to a skin condition, it'd get probably really fucked up over time, and who wants a permanent ink smudge?

More power to those who get them.

Rhan9 on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Rhan9 wrote: »

It's growing on me.

Just to clarify, do you mean Caduceus(Hermes's symbol) or Rod of Asclepius(Medical symbol), since they're kinda mixed.

On the other hand, I doubt I'll ever get a tattoo. Not that I wouldn't consider it, but due to a skin condition, it'd get probably really fucked up over time, and who wants a permanent ink smudge?

More power to those who get them.
    Caduceus, I've seen it used as a medical symbol more often.

Though thank you for a new thing to pedanterate about, I knew a symbol of Hermes was a weird thing to represent doctoring.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    God damnit you bitches, I wouldn't be ashamed of the homeworld tattoo

sometimes I wouldn't want to shout out what it means, like in a really loud club or something

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I always wanted to get an imperial aquila on my shoulder.

But for some reason I've always gotten the feeling someone would see it and accuse me of being a nazi or some sort of secret eastern european fascist.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682