Options

All I want for Christmas is a shiny new [FFRK] UI update (Live!).

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    Enlong wrote: »
    A steak! wrote: »
    I'm so over these fights with Seymour. I also forget if the point of the story FFRK takes the dungeons to means if there's one more fight or not coming (I believe there is).

Lmao get ready for the 3-Seymour boss rush in the Auron event.

It could be worse.
    "My Aeons against yours!"

He's also in the event! Between that shit and needing to use Kimihari I may just fucking skip it.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Zack's boss rush after the four fiends is a nice breather. No dumb constant counter-attacks just put your walls up, get your guns on, and wail on 'em. Not as much HP as I feared either.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Zack's +++ boss fight was a downright joke compared to Dark Bahamut. Not having to deal with 3k damage right off the bat really makes a difference in how you can handle it. Didn't lose a single medal. Just advantaliated the whole thing with Breakdowns from Sazh along with Boon and Protega.

I'm so over these fights with Seymour. I also forget if the point of the story FFRK takes the dungeons to means if there's one more fight or not coming (I believe there is).

It could be worse.

He's also in the event! Between that shit and needing to use Kimihari I may just fucking skip it.

Honestly, I don't mind Issaru's fight all that much. It's fairly straightforward compared to Seymour, Anima and the Guado Guardians. Nautilus isn't even that bad to deal with either. I just forgot how annoying Seymour is in X that he keeps showing up as a villain with "this isn't even my final form!" bullshit. Why can't bad guys just stay dead?

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    Zack's +++ boss fight was a downright joke compared to Dark Bahamut. Not having to deal with 3k damage right off the bat really makes a difference in how you can handle it. Didn't lose a single medal. Just advantaliated the whole thing with Breakdowns from Sazh along with Boon and Protega.

It could be worse.

Honestly, I don't mind Issaru's fight all that much. It's fairly straightforward compared to Seymour, Anima and the Guado Guardians. Nautilus isn't even that bad to deal with either. I just forgot how annoying Seymour is in X that he keeps showing up as a villain with "this isn't even my final form!" bullshit. Why can't bad guys just stay dead?

Well....he kinda did?

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    physi_marcphysi_marc Positron Tracker In a nutshellRegistered User regular
    At least there is an in-world explanation for Seymour showing up again and again in X.

Switch Friend Code: 3102-5341-0358
    Nintendo Network ID: PhysiMarc
  • Options
    Clearly I need to replay X then to remember why he keeps showing up. I just wish that he didn't and would leave you alone. :P

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Couldn't take down Ifrit with a mage strat, Thankred is just a waste of space in that set up and I couldn't get the burst damage to take him before the nail burst. Trying for a defensive strategy is also bad since Ifrit's attacks get considerably more aggressive after the nail. Managed to get Advantalate to take him down but even then it was close.

Ultimate Weapon on the other hand was actually incredibly easy. Ultima beam is his only really nasty attack (AOE for considerable damage) but he seemed more likely to use a single target moderate damage. I didn't bother with Protectga or Shelga but probably should have brought Shelga, Aeris didn't do much Diaging and mostly just cured but was able to keep pace with the weapon. Stoneskin was enough defense. Outside of that, just hit him with Zack, Tifa, Cloud and Seph alternating with high damage attacks and the breaks (mental break was a little bit of a waste.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more comments on Dismissal. Every boss I've gone up against isn't immune and it hits fairly regularly. Its like a combination Pound/intimidate, seems like one of the better current melee skills.

• Options
    Dismissal is crazy if you go all in. I saw a video of someone with 4 Dismissals just go shithouse on Ifrit. I think he was hit by one AoE and that was it.

• Options
    X spoilers, I guess
    Dead people in Spira can stick around through pyreflies which basically makes them ghosts. You totally kill Seymour the first time you fight him! It also kind of handwaves how he can keep transforming and still look normal after you 'kill' him each subsequent fight.

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    i am giving up on the ffxiv event quests. i don't have any access to advance and i just cannot get it done fast enough

• Options
    edited September 2015
    i am giving up on the ffxiv event quests. i don't have any access to advance and i just cannot get it done fast enough

There's a sheet on Reddit that has a bunch of codes and you can just go through and add some that aren't locked. They'll generally only last 24 hours, but it should be enough time to get it done. I have the bookmark on my home computer, I'll get it to you later if you can't find it.

A duck! on
  • Options
    Try looking for someone who has Thancred's Death Blossom RW set up. You only need the two (and maybe a bit more damage) to kill the nail. If you've already mastered the event, keep in mind that you just need to beat the fight to get the rewards. Mastery isn't needed a second time.

If you go that route of course, you'll have to deal with having Shellga and Curaga and just power break and normal methods to win. The two Death Blossoms should at least put a decent dent in Ifrit. 9000-9999 damage or so.

If you like, I can put my Thancred RW up. He has a max 5* Yoshimitsu and the Ruby Ring too, so it's a guaranteed 9999 unless you have Y'shtola using it :P

• Options
    I can put mine back up as well, although I'd still vouch for Advance. If you're quick enough you can actually kill him without killing the nail, especially if you get even one Dismissal in there after it's summoned.

• Options
    My retaliated autos are hitting for maybe 2300 after boost/armor break. It's just not enough. I'll see about posting my party setup later...

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    I really dislike the 4 man quests.

Also is there a reason they stopped doing the unique Events? Like all of them for the past few months have been the standard 12ish levels with 12ish Elite levels. Nothing special about them. I liked the one where you basically had to gamble to get more points or just get to an event level and gather crystals or whatever.

• Options
    My retaliated autos are hitting for maybe 2300 after boost/armor break. It's just not enough. I'll see about posting my party setup later...

Damage sounds about right when you have an Advance RW for an extra 250%. 5500-6000ish or so damage. It really makes a difference.
    urahonky wrote: »

Also is there a reason they stopped doing the unique Events? Like all of them for the past few months have been the standard 12ish levels with 12ish Elite levels. Nothing special about them. I liked the one where you basically had to gamble to get more points or just get to an event level and gather crystals or whatever.

I didn't mind those events either. I actually rather liked Tifa's event set up too. Short, but not too short, with a bit of a need to strategize and set up appropriate teams.

Not that I mind the ladder set up of rising difficulty stages either, but there's no creativity in it. Follow a condensed version of the story dungeons until you unlock event character and collect nice rewards along the way.

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »

One thing of note, this is effectively a future event since it showed up several events after where we are relative to Japan. So it was probably balanced around more abilities and better gear, maybe even record crystal 2 stuff.

I honestly don't mind it so much as a general idea but the four man team combined with required Y'stola and Thankred eliminates a lot of options. Most of the fun I get is trying to get a team cobbled together to beat a boss.

I liked Terra/Vanilles style event with branching of mobs and the whole press your luck how far should you go. Not sad to see Celes/Lennas grind challenges. The survival missions were also horrible grinds in the end but there was at least potential for improvement.

At the very least, hopefully they break their 12 dungeons then elite versions mold they've created. Even the elites are mostly a joke at this point for those who have been playing awhile and it takes the +/++ bosses to require turning off auto attack to win.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I don't mind the slightly different changups they do, like with Tifa's event.

I doubt highly we'll ever see the survival or collection events come back. Boiled down, in order to get all the rewards you want, you have to use every last drop of stamina for the entirety of the event, lest you waste any points or rewards. With these 12 level setups though, there's no pressure to start right away. And once you're done, you're done. You can do it completely at your own pace.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    We do have Orbtoberfest coming up. If the exp, Gil and drop rates are like Japan I may blow mythril on a stamina refresh or two.

• Options
    We do have Orbtoberfest coming up. If the exp, Gil and drop rates are like Japan I may blow mythril on a stamina refresh or two.

Or thirty.

Also checking in to agree that Ultimate Weapon is a punk.

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Ilpala wrote: »

Or thirty.

Also checking in to agree that Ultimate Weapon is a punk.

Yeah, this was all around a fairly easy EX event. 3/4ths of the rush went down to Intimidate or Blind, although Schizo made up for that. ProudClad also went down to blind, and Ultimate was just two breaks and Shellga. If I didn't have dungeons to do I'd probably farm it for orbs.

• Options
    11 pull yesterday didn't really get anything of note. I got the SOLDIER armor and sword, but no uniques with it. I believe the last one I got was the Diamond Pin for Red XIII during Tifa's event a while back. I'm so glad I haven't spent any real money on the pulls or else I'd be really pissed off.

• Options
    To be fair, Soldier Armor is the best light armor in the game, and probably the best defensive armor overall.

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    I've had Raijin's vest and that has been incredibly useful as far as armor goes. Light armor is quite good in this game, since most of my characters don't need a bump in offensive stats and there's a number of casters who can use light armor, so they don't die to a stiff breeze.

• Options
    I have Bracers and Hats all over the place, with one set of 5* Light Amor and no Heavy Armor. I was happy to get some Nobles Armguards, though, because I think that's ahead of the Edincoat for Atk, Def and Res.

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    Oddly enough, I have a good amount of 5* armor. Dark armor, diamond armor, 2x monk robe and the raijin vest. No good or even decent hats/helmets or bracers.

• Options
    To be fair, Soldier Armor is the best light armor in the game, and probably the best defensive armor overall.

I agree it is pretty damn sweet, but it's like my 80th piece of FF7 gear (no complaints as it's the clearly superior FF game) and non-unique. I really want to have a new Soul Break.

• Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    Did two 3-pulls on the FF14 banner, receiving a Noble Armguard and trash.

Knocked out Ifrit this morning using the advice from this thread. Ignoring the Nail was key, racing through with damage. Luckily he didn't use Vulcan Burst once, which ruined my previous tries.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Yet another ranged only boss. I may do Classic and Elite garuda back to back while I have the team together.

• Options
    That's what I do, every time. Just get that shit out of the way and go back to using the current A-Team to clear everything else.

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    I'm on Garuda classic right now wtih my level 40 B team on classic (and tyro ret with a bow)

I'll let you know how it goes.

• Options
    update: super easy

he never did anything aside from auto attacking so draw fire plus retailiate with your best ranged weapon and laugh.

bring a dark attack to satisfy the condition and mages for actual damage.

• Options
    I put the Auto Beserk Materia on my Sephiroth with all my +ATK gear that I can give him and he's basically a killing machine for these events.

• Options
    and on elite he is also just as easy.

draw fire, retaliate, go to sleep.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    I swear I'll get on these things right after black orb day. Also it's kind of awkward starting on them because the first one's going to refresh my stamina.

Ilpala on
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    now Demon wall on classic is actually a challenging fight.

guy uses blindga and silencga and is essentially a DPS race with an easy way to shut down your dps.

• Options
    I got hold of advance and now I am s/ling through galvanth in the + event quest until the moon and stars line up and he decides not to stun cloud with mind blast and thancred decides to land a slow on an imp with tempo flurry both in the same battle

• Options
    I just got my first mutual advance.

Now I'm gonna be pressured to not waste it every day and do more elites.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I have a feeling that my one mutual Advance friend, named "Koro", came from these PA threads.

If that's you and you're reading this, God Bless You for being my one mutual Advance friend! :D

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    You lucky duckies and your mutual Advances. I gotta spam through the Reddit list every morning to get some chaff.

This discussion has been closed.