As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

All I want for Christmas is a shiny new [FFRK] UI update (Live!).

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I think around the end of October.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    In that case, I may hold off on doing the next tier of elite content until we get some 80s. Seifer and Edea weren't the worst trouble I had, but the trash is ridiculous.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    I looked up the order, there's Cloud's MC2 in four events, Squall's five after that one, and then the recollection event five down the line from Squall's (with Sephiroth's right after that).

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    Ok, so I am finally caught up on all content with 134 stamina and all elites mastered.

only thing I have left to do is

1: repeat storm dragon to get Cyan's RM2
    2: Farm for Josephs RM2 (and Irvine)
    3: Level up the following characters who I have MCs for who aren't 50: Bard, Eiko, Fran, Gordon, Luneth, Ranger, Red Mage, Refia, Sazh, Snow, Summoner, TIfa, Warrior of light
    4: Level up the rest of the characters who don't have MCs
    5: Farm for orbs...

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Just downloaded this game yesterday since I have this shiny new iphone 6s and wanted to put it to use. Seems fun, but the early parts are incredibly easy? My main character can oneshot basically everything, 2 shot most bosses assuming i don't feel like using one of those friend summons that instantly kills everything.

I imagine it gets harder, but I'm a few hours in and i'm still just autoplaying everything since it all dies in a round or two of combat. When does the difficulty ramp up?

They start you off with that free mithril relic pull, which usually nets you a 3, 4 or 5* (star) item. Tyro can use any item and any ability, so it lets you breeze through a fair number of dungeons to start with. The difficulty level starts to ramp up as you work your way through dungeons in each respective realm (FF1, FF2 etc). When you jump to another realm, you might see the difficulty go back down.

I think things started to ramp up a little it once you have 6-7 characters and the difficulty starts getting around 15-20.

A few tips if you have not looked up information on the game yet.
    1) Quests. Check the quests before you complete any Elite dungeon and before you craft any ability. The quests, save leveling ones, do not take into account anything you have. So if a quest is to make Fire Strike and you already made it, you will have to make another to complete the quest. You can find this as a circle icon in the top right corner of the screen when you're looking at realm doors.

2) Stamina. You see the current / maximum stamina in the upper right corner of your screen. Below that is a yellow/orange bar that shows the same thing differently, but below that bar is a set of 5 hehexagons. When you get 5 stamina shards, you refill your stamina to full and your maximum goes up by 1. The filled in hexagons show you how many stamina shards you have towards the next stamina refill and maximum +1.

3) Dungeon Info. Check the boss information before you enter any record. You can do so by selecting the portrait of the record you want to enter, then select Dungeon Info (small circular button) and look for the BOSS tab. That will show you all the boss(es) you will face plus the requirements.

3a) The requirements are important as there are 3 levels of rewards for completing any record. Completion, First Time Completion and Mastery. You can get the Completion bonus everytime you complete that record. However, the other two can only be achieved once. For Mastery, you need to, on average, Champion all of the battles in a record. Those boss requirements are each worth 3 medals, which usually help out tremendously in getting mastery the first time you go through a record. Plus, you get some information on the boss for what to expect. For example, fighting Whelk in FFVI if you haven't before, tells you a very important tip on when not to attack him.

4) Relics and Mithril. You can always go to the Relics tab at the bottom of your screen from most places to pull for a relic. This takes Mithril or Gems (you have to purchase gems). For every 5 mithril you spend, you get a random 3, 4 or 5* item. If you save up 50 mithril, you will get 11 items (1 bonus item on top of the 10 you normally get). There are always banners you choose to pull from that highlight specific 5* relics. When starting out, I wouldn't recommend paying too much attention to the folks who state that any given banner sucks. They are only saying so due to the stuff they have. My recommendation for maybe your first 2 pulls, is to wait until you have 50 mithril, then pull from a banner that is available. Even if you do not get 5* items, the 3 and 4* items you get will help out tremendously. If you feel like you enjoy the game enough to throw some money at it, every banner lets you pull one item for 100 gems ($1 US).

5) Realm Synergy. Every character has a realm that is theirs and every weapon has a realm it belongs to. When you take a character into their realm (Example: Cloud belongs to FFVII), they are treated as if they are 10 levels higher during any battle in that realm. When you use an item in the realm is belongs in, it gains a fairly nice boost in stats. For example, I have a 5* sword that's 113 attack for FFIV and a 4* sword that's 65 attack for FFXII. When I'm in the FFXII realm, that 65 attack sword that has been upgraded is now around 128 attack!

6) Events. Typically, there's 1-2 events up at any given time. These events start at a very low difficulty and can go to a very high difficulty level. During these events, you can usually find accessories and summon orbs (which can only be obtained during events) along with characters to join your team and their memory crystals. There any many characters who can only be obtained during these events and are not yet available otherwise. Same for their memory crystals. If you're just starting out, obtaining the characters is likely feasible, but the memory crystals might not be. (A memory crystal lets you break a character's level when they hit 50, so they can get to 65).

7) Daily Dungeons. Each day has a specific set of 1-2 dungeons. You can only get the First Time Completion and Mastery rewards once, same as the records. So if you complete all 4 tiers of the Sunday dungeon, next Sunday, it will still show them as all completed. The only one I'd recommend you take a look at, is the Sunday dungeon. It's the experience dungeon, so the battles give a tremendous amount of experience. To put it into some context, at the heroic level, normal daily dungeons give around 9400 exp to be split to the party, which the experience dungeon gives up to 70,000!

Hope that helps a bit.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Done with X, Seymour and even the punchy guy were a pain on elite just because the latter was much more stubborn wrt berserk. I actually lost a guy on each boss but between the trash stages and the new medal calculation, still mastered both stages. Can't wait til MC2s and SSBs and Orbapalooza start hitting.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    Ok, so I am finally caught up on all content with 134 stamina and all elites mastered.

3: Level up the following characters who I have MCs for who aren't 50: Bard, Eiko, Fran, Gordon, Luneth, Ranger, Red Mage, Refia, Sazh, Snow, Summoner, TIfa, Warrior of light

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Finished the Zack event. Missed mastery on Ultimate Weapon because yshtola died right before I won, not gonna sweat it as I don't really want 20 adamantite swimming around my inventory.

Now I'm going back to clear a bunch of old elite dungeons. I'm up to DU9 in classic dungeons, but have a ton of the older elites uncleared still.

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Ardor wrote: »
    Just downloaded this game yesterday since I have this shiny new iphone 6s and wanted to put it to use. Seems fun, but the early parts are incredibly easy? My main character can oneshot basically everything, 2 shot most bosses assuming i don't feel like using one of those friend summons that instantly kills everything.

I imagine it gets harder, but I'm a few hours in and i'm still just autoplaying everything since it all dies in a round or two of combat. When does the difficulty ramp up?

They start you off with that free mithril relic pull, which usually nets you a 3, 4 or 5* (star) item. Tyro can use any item and any ability, so it lets you breeze through a fair number of dungeons to start with. The difficulty level starts to ramp up as you work your way through dungeons in each respective realm (FF1, FF2 etc). When you jump to another realm, you might see the difficulty go back down.

I think things started to ramp up a little it once you have 6-7 characters and the difficulty starts getting around 15-20.

1) Quests. Check the quests before you complete any Elite dungeon and before you craft any ability. The quests, save leveling ones, do not take into account anything you have. So if a quest is to make Fire Strike and you already made it, you will have to make another to complete the quest. You can find this as a circle icon in the top right corner of the screen when you're looking at realm doors.

2) Stamina. You see the current / maximum stamina in the upper right corner of your screen. Below that is a yellow/orange bar that shows the same thing differently, but below that bar is a set of 5 hehexagons. When you get 5 stamina shards, you refill your stamina to full and your maximum goes up by 1. The filled in hexagons show you how many stamina shards you have towards the next stamina refill and maximum +1.

3) Dungeon Info. Check the boss information before you enter any record. You can do so by selecting the portrait of the record you want to enter, then select Dungeon Info (small circular button) and look for the BOSS tab. That will show you all the boss(es) you will face plus the requirements.

3a) The requirements are important as there are 3 levels of rewards for completing any record. Completion, First Time Completion and Mastery. You can get the Completion bonus everytime you complete that record. However, the other two can only be achieved once. For Mastery, you need to, on average, Champion all of the battles in a record. Those boss requirements are each worth 3 medals, which usually help out tremendously in getting mastery the first time you go through a record. Plus, you get some information on the boss for what to expect. For example, fighting Whelk in FFVI if you haven't before, tells you a very important tip on when not to attack him.

4) Relics and Mithril. You can always go to the Relics tab at the bottom of your screen from most places to pull for a relic. This takes Mithril or Gems (you have to purchase gems). For every 5 mithril you spend, you get a random 3, 4 or 5* item. If you save up 50 mithril, you will get 11 items (1 bonus item on top of the 10 you normally get). There are always banners you choose to pull from that highlight specific 5* relics. When starting out, I wouldn't recommend paying too much attention to the folks who state that any given banner sucks. They are only saying so due to the stuff they have. My recommendation for maybe your first 2 pulls, is to wait until you have 50 mithril, then pull from a banner that is available. Even if you do not get 5* items, the 3 and 4* items you get will help out tremendously. If you feel like you enjoy the game enough to throw some money at it, every banner lets you pull one item for 100 gems ($1 US).

5) Realm Synergy. Every character has a realm that is theirs and every weapon has a realm it belongs to. When you take a character into their realm (Example: Cloud belongs to FFVII), they are treated as if they are 10 levels higher during any battle in that realm. When you use an item in the realm is belongs in, it gains a fairly nice boost in stats. For example, I have a 5* sword that's 113 attack for FFIV and a 4* sword that's 65 attack for FFXII. When I'm in the FFXII realm, that 65 attack sword that has been upgraded is now around 128 attack!

6) Events. Typically, there's 1-2 events up at any given time. These events start at a very low difficulty and can go to a very high difficulty level. During these events, you can usually find accessories and summon orbs (which can only be obtained during events) along with characters to join your team and their memory crystals. There any many characters who can only be obtained during these events and are not yet available otherwise. Same for their memory crystals. If you're just starting out, obtaining the characters is likely feasible, but the memory crystals might not be. (A memory crystal lets you break a character's level when they hit 50, so they can get to 65).

7) Daily Dungeons. Each day has a specific set of 1-2 dungeons. You can only get the First Time Completion and Mastery rewards once, same as the records. So if you complete all 4 tiers of the Sunday dungeon, next Sunday, it will still show them as all completed. The only one I'd recommend you take a look at, is the Sunday dungeon. It's the experience dungeon, so the battles give a tremendous amount of experience. To put it into some context, at the heroic level, normal daily dungeons give around 9400 exp to be split to the party, which the experience dungeon gives up to 70,000!

Hope that helps a bit.

If you're looking at the boss info make sure you scroll down to see if there are multiple bosses in the dungeon. I missed that a couple of times and had to redo the dungeon because I didn't have the skills equipped to get the boss medals.

Early on I found the gil daily dungeon helpful since combining equipment can be expensive.

• Options

total stamina spent farming Josephs RM2: 72

• Options

Feel free to die TIA

• Options
    The only thing more surprising than how much of a lying liar you are is that you hadn't done it already.

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular

Hope that helps a bit.

Awesome, I picked up some of this but I didn't know about the events or daily dungeons. I got a 5* sword out of the first relic thing I got so i've been running over stuff even a few hours in. Bosses don't get oneshot anymore, but I just use the friend summon things and they kill most everything.

Where do I find the events and dailies? Is it on the realm screen? Oh also what is the difference between the normal and expert level dungeons, should I be going back to do them at expert?

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options

Hope that helps a bit.

Awesome, I picked up some of this but I didn't know about the events or daily dungeons. I got a 5* sword out of the first relic thing I got so i've been running over stuff even a few hours in. Bosses don't get oneshot anymore, but I just use the friend summon things and they kill most everything.

Where do I find the events and dailies? Is it on the realm screen? Oh also what is the difference between the normal and expert level dungeons, should I be going back to do them at expert?

I had to re-craft a lot of abilities due to not knowing about quests myself.

On the main realm screen (hit realm, you see the doors), look on the upper half of the screen for the Event blue box and select that. You will see all of the current event(s) and the daily dungeons.

In regards to the difference besides difficulty, you get different rewards during each. So Easy, Normal, Hard and Heroic all give drops based on the day. So today for example is White and Power orb day. Most of the time, each mob you kill drops an orb and it's a 50% chance or something to be power and 50% chance white.

For Easy, you get minor orbs.
    For Normal, you get minor orbs and lesser orbs (maybe a 2 or 3 to 1 ratio or some such in favor of minor).
    For Hard, you get lesser orbs and orbs (same ratio)
    For Heroic, you get orbs and very rarely, greater orbs. Maybe a 10% chance of getting a greater orb for going through the whole dungeon.

It all depends on what you need. For Gil and Exp dungeons, it is best to tackle the hardest difficulty you can. For orbs, it depends on what you need. For example, double cut is a very useful ability to have, even in the late game. It takes lesser power and lesser wind orbs. So I've spent time doing hard dungeons for wind/power orbs simply because I wanted to hone double cuts.

• Options
    A steak! wrote: »

Feel free to die TIA

I was ready for a much longer grind too... I started to farm on the first level for 6 stam but insteaddecided to farm Snow Cavern return for GPOs while waiting for it to drop and it fell on the first run through.

I honestly havent seen the need for it yet to do any content.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Thanks to skipping straight to the level of zach's event with the greater earth crystals I finally have 8 of them again. Is protectga the priority to make?

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Thanks to skipping straight to the level of zach's event with the greater earth crystals I finally have 8 of them again. Is protectga the priority to make?

If you don't have one yet, absolutely.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options

Hope that helps a bit.

I had to re-craft a lot of abilities due to not knowing about quests myself.

On the main realm screen (hit realm, you see the doors), look on the upper half of the screen for the Event blue box and select that. You will see all of the current event(s) and the daily dungeons.

In regards to the difference besides difficulty, you get different rewards during each. So Easy, Normal, Hard and Heroic all give drops based on the day. So today for example is White and Power orb day. Most of the time, each mob you kill drops an orb and it's a 50% chance or something to be power and 50% chance white.

For Easy, you get minor orbs.
    For Normal, you get minor orbs and lesser orbs (maybe a 2 or 3 to 1 ratio or some such in favor of minor).
    For Hard, you get lesser orbs and orbs (same ratio)
    For Heroic, you get orbs and very rarely, greater orbs. Maybe a 10% chance of getting a greater orb for going through the whole dungeon.

It all depends on what you need. For Gil and Exp dungeons, it is best to tackle the hardest difficulty you can. For orbs, it depends on what you need. For example, double cut is a very useful ability to have, even in the late game. It takes lesser power and lesser wind orbs. So I've spent time doing hard dungeons for wind/power orbs simply because I wanted to hone double cuts.

Awesome, thanks. Feel kinda stupid for not noticing the giant event button for so long. And there's no reason not to do the daily every day as far as I can tell?

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Early on it's probably better to spend your stamina on the core content, because that gives you mythril and stamina shards (daily events give mythril too, but only once, so next week you can't get more mythril from the same event). It also lets you unlock characters and get some core memory crystals, which are important.

Do daily events as-needed. Once you can do Hard it's worthwhile to hit the EXP and Gil dungeons for that; you'll need the Gil for combining equipment and honing abilities.

Always go as far as you can in the limited time events, though (current one is Zack). That's mythril you can't get again once it's gone. You'll want every character and memory crystal you can get your hands on too, though the latter is probably going to be out of reach for a little while, at least in most events.

Fleur de Alys on
    Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    The Sauce wrote: »
    Early on it's probably better to spend your stamina on the core content, because that gives you mythril and stamina shards (daily events give mythril too, but only once, so next week you can't get more mythril from the same event). It also lets you unlock characters and get some core memory crystals, which are important.

Do daily events as-needed. Once you can do Hard it's worthwhile to hit the EXP and Gil dungeons for that; you'll need the Gil for combining equipment and honing abilities.

Always go as far as you can in the limited time events, though (current one is Zack). That's mythril you can't get again once it's gone. You'll want every character and memory crystal you can get your hands on too, though the latter is probably going to be out of reach for a little while, at least in most events.

Oh ok, sounds good. I just started working through this event quest so hopefully I can get both of the heroes, still pretty easy but Zack is a long way down that list.

edit: also, i just hit the item limit. should i just feed my crappy 1* items into the 2 and 3* items i've gotten? or is there something better to do with them.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    I usually just sell 1* items, the Gil is more important to me than the small amount of item exp they'll grant.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular

Oh ok, sounds good. I just started working through this event quest so hopefully I can get both of the heroes, still pretty easy but Zack is a long way down that list.

edit: also, i just hit the item limit. should i just feed my crappy 1* items into the 2 and 3* items i've gotten? or is there something better to do with them.

Feeding items to other items gives xp at a greatly reduced rate compared to actual crafting items (scarletite and admanatite) for equal the cost, so it's extremely inefficient. I'd just sell them for the extra pocket change.

• Options
    Javen wrote: »

Feeding items to other items gives xp at a greatly reduced rate compared to actual crafting items (scarletite and admanatite) for equal the cost, so it's extremely inefficient. I'd just sell them for the extra pocket change.

oh, i didn't even notice those things off the bottom when i was on the upgrade screen. whoops. i guess i'll sell them in future, thanks.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options

oh, i didn't even notice those things off the bottom when i was on the upgrade screen. whoops. i guess i'll sell them in future, thanks.

To get the most bang for your buck, use Scarletite on weapons, and Adamantite on armor. If for some reason you have WAY more of one than another, you CAN interchange them, but it'll be at reduced effectiveness.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular

To get the most bang for your buck, use Scarletite on weapons, and Adamantite on armor. If for some reason you have WAY more of one than another, you CAN interchange them, but it'll be at reduced effectiveness.

I want to say that using materials with the same * number as the gear you're upgrading is also more efficient, but it might just be a standard set number and in my head. I just tend to try to use 3* upgrade materials on 3* weapons/armors and so on, because it seems to be better.

I have no numbers to back this up. :P

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    It definitely does feel like there's diminishing returns in both directions. I don't have hard evidence but you're right in that it definitely seems like the best thing to do is to use materials that match the quality of the item you're upgrading.

• Options
    I believe that weapon and armor upgrade material give a set amount of "item experience"

I know for a fact that a single 5 star upgrade mat is worth 2 3 star upgrade mats.

actually, here's better info:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/334mp7/crafting_xp_tables/

• Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    Also it's not a terrible idea to boost your inventory by 20 or so slots with mythril (and then more later on). But you can wait to do that until you've done enough relic pulls to have loads of 3-star stuff filling your slots.

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    Elite Demon Wall from FFXII can go burn in hell. If its not blinding my retaliator, it is silencing my mages and healer. Can't even S/L in time when it rushes you to death at 1%hp

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    Also, one last question for now. If I have enough mythril to do that 11 relics for 10 thing, should I do that? Or is it better to save it for a certain time or when I'm a higher level? Not really sure how that system works since there's all that stuff going on with certain items being available now or higher drop or whatever is happening.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Also, one last question for now. If I have enough mythril to do that 11 relics for 10 thing, should I do that? Or is it better to save it for a certain time or when I'm a higher level? Not really sure how that system works since there's all that stuff going on with certain items being available now or higher drop or whatever is happening.

The primary reason to wait would be for a banner with gear you wanted. I.E. right now has the Zach banner; the listed items have a bit more of a chance to drop than a normal 5*.

But in general, otherwise, the 50 mythril banner is ideal given that you get one free, and the % chance to get a relic is no different regardless of banner. Some people prefer 3 pulls or one pulls, but statistically it's the same so the 10 pull math works in your favor over the others.

Supposedly we were going to get (and still might at some point, not looking like it) some sort of rolling bonus to % drop for relics with each pull you didn' get one, and there was a theory that single pulling, in that case, might be more beneficial, but since we never got it, numbers could never be tested.

So yeah, ideal banners > random pulls. Keep in mind we're gonna get far better banners in about a month, at least for specific characters, if you want to wait that long. The biggest downfall of waiting is that 4-5* gear doesn't drop in normal gameplay so pulls are the only way to get them, outside of combining lower * gear. So waiting, while potentially for better items, you'll be weaker in the short term.

EDIT: also, be sure to get your daily free relic pull. While you will generally get nothing better than a 1-2* item, people have gotten 4-5* things from it, so you never know.

And if you're gonna spend any money on the game, every single relic banner has a 100 gem pull for 1 item that in general should always be grabbed since it's the cheapest you'll gt a chance at a good item and it's always 3*+

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    So much good info on this page. I'm going to appropriate it for the OP when I'm not on mobile.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Hey I finally pushed the story dungeons up to white Mage crystal out of ff3. burned eggs on white mage immediately.

god i'm behind on non event stuff

• Options

If you do not have at least a 4* weapon for the VII realm, I would give serious consideration to pulling on this banner once. Since I also assume you've not done any relic pulling yet, I would pull now. Advice given that says "There are better banners" are true every single time you see a banner, honestly. One big bonus for you is to go for RS weapons for each realm, or at least the more common realms, like VII, X, VI etc. What realm is your 5* weapon?

One of the tactics that is most commonly used for the more challenging content involves you usually using Cloud or another Samurai (Cyan, Sephiroth, Tyro) and using a sword or katana weapon that's the strongest you have (retaliate tactic). There are 3 swords featured as 5* weapons here, all of which could make clearing the VII realm content and events much easier.

Second, when you pull, everything you get is at least 3*. The only way to get anything 3* or above is through event rewards or relic pulling. So even if you don't get anything good from the pull, you start building up a pretty nice inventory of good, great or awesome relics which can all be useful in the future. We can talk about upgrading and combining weapons a little later.

Take me for example. I have a 5* weapon for XIII, X and IV. However, I do have 4** for II and 4* for VI and VII, which still helps. (the extra stars means I've combined multiple of that weapon to have it go up in rank). So even the 3 and 4* items have been very useful to me. That extra bonus relic you get while doing an 11 pull adds up.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    It's actually completely possible to pull anything from the free daily relic, including a 5*.

...The odds are just really low. You're playing the lottery here, even more so given the circumstances.

It's worth doing every day. But at the same time, if you get sick of it and stop doing it, it won't affect your progression one bit.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    Finished up the event today and knocked out the last FF7 Elite I had (Temple of the Ancients). Back to progressing through Classics.

• Options

If you do not have at least a 4* weapon for the VII realm, I would give serious consideration to pulling on this banner once. Since I also assume you've not done any relic pulling yet, I would pull now. Advice given that says "There are better banners" are true every single time you see a banner, honestly. One big bonus for you is to go for RS weapons for each realm, or at least the more common realms, like VII, X, VI etc. What realm is your 5* weapon?

One of the tactics that is most commonly used for the more challenging content involves you usually using Cloud or another Samurai (Cyan, Sephiroth, Tyro) and using a sword or katana weapon that's the strongest you have (retaliate tactic). There are 3 swords featured as 5* weapons here, all of which could make clearing the VII realm content and events much easier.

Second, when you pull, everything you get is at least 3*. The only way to get anything 3* or above is through event rewards or relic pulling. So even if you don't get anything good from the pull, you start building up a pretty nice inventory of good, great or awesome relics which can all be useful in the future. We can talk about upgrading and combining weapons a little later.

Take me for example. I have a 5* weapon for XIII, X and IV. However, I do have 4** for II and 4* for VI and VII, which still helps. (the extra stars means I've combined multiple of that weapon to have it go up in rank). So even the 3 and 4* items have been very useful to me. That extra bonus relic you get while doing an 11 pull adds up.

My 5* is from ff6.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    "Your Aeons against mine!"

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Elite Demon Wall from FFXII can go burn in hell. If its not blinding my retaliator, it is silencing my mages and healer. Can't even S/L in time when it rushes you to death at 1%hp

I actually dug out my Goggles from one of the earliest events and put them on my Retaliator for this fight. Also used Advance, because the longer the fight goes on, the more likely you have to reset because of bad debuffs.
    Ilpala wrote: »
    "Your Aeons against mine!"

Look on the bright side: We finally get someone new who can use Retaliate. All of Cloud, Sephiroth, Cyan and Tyro are max level for me, so this is a welcome addition.

E: Auron get!

silence1186 on
  • Options
    Boy, the boss for Zack beat the everloving crap out of me. Given how easy the rest of that event was, I was not expecting to get run over that hard.

Probably just need to find a more broken friend summon person to oneshot it.

aeNqQM9.jpg
This discussion has been closed.