Options

[steam] manual says to cut the third wire, but only if it's not blue!

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    QOnq0EV.png

The hell, @CorriganX?

I didn't do anything to you (not yet anyway).

And what's this about Halfy...?

(Thanks, you jerk <3<3<3 )

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Y'know, it seems like a real crapshoot to which of my games actually have saves from the Steam Cloud still after my reinstall, despite a lot of them saying they were synching up every time I quit out of them.

Never trust the cloud. http://www.gamesave-manager.com/ and a thumb drive.

• Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    QOnq0EV.png

The hell, @CorriganX?

I didn't do anything to you (not yet anyway).

And what's this about Halfy...?

(Thanks, you jerk <3<3<3 )

@CorriganX has gone rogue.

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    Wow, that game looks just awful.

• Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    DAMMIT @CorriganX AND DAMMIT @Pixelated Pixie! I know I didn't do anything. I've been good, mostly!

8z8selp1i5pm.gif

Thank you! Dex looks rad!

And pick a different secret word...

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    The thing that keeps me coming back to ARK quite honestly is that survival is only a single component; the other components of an RPG system, a pet (and living tools) system, an open building system, as well as the variety of play (taming, spelunking caves, building, harvesting) all trump survival play for me. And with the engram system in place (and the relative ease of respec at the moment), you can even play around with what stats and builds you want to play with.

Their optimization is one of their weak points, the other being that as they continue to work on the newer creatures, the older/original ones seem less interesting, but even that has been somewhat addressed by the developers, inasmuch as they have stated the intent of going back and giving love to the creatures the game was launched onto EA with.

I've been playing less for various reasons, but I've built, by myself, well this:

yrozxxdy6r9j.jpg
    7sg1z4d9clyt.jpg

And for size reference, the gate in the upper left of the first picture:

eeyllmhdfbtp.jpg
    77cawo4b6quw.jpg

I think I'm the only person yet to build double walled walls that you can walk inside of.

It still needs work (of course, otherwise it wouldn't be in Early Access), but it's two tons of fun.

Kalnaur on
    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    Thank you so much to @CorriganX for the attempted gift of Moon Sliver! <3 I'm sorry to say that I have to decline though. I decided a few days ago that I'm not currently going to be accepting gifts, for reasons. I was going to wait and start at the new year, but decided I'd rather start now. I had put a little note on my profile, but I didn't want to make a big deal out of it, and maybe it wasn't very noticeable. Anyway, I do sincerely appreciate the thought - thanks for thinking of me! <3

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Whew, got my new 2 TB drive and used that Western Digital cloning software that @Krummith mentioned earlier. Worked like a charm! Believe it or not, I've never actually used cloning software in the 12 years that I've been making my own PCs, and I really wish I had used one earlier.

Fortunately, as I said, my Steam library was on another drive, but now I have a lot more space to use since the drive my Steam games are on is down to "only" 122 GB free.

• Options
    That moment when you have a billion games in your library and can't find one to play.

/sigh/

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    That moment when you have a billion games in your library and can't find one to play.

/sigh/

The cure is clearly more games. MOAR!

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    übergeek wrote: »

/sigh/

Funny you should say that. :rotate:

steam_sig.png
  • Options

/sigh/

e6oISxl.png

Dammit.

I'm not sure adding MORE was the solution.

On the other hand, I've had this wishlisted since it first showed up in the "upcoming" section of of the store, so... this might be the solution.

Looks totally delightful! Thanks @destroyah87 [insert obligatory monster comment here]! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular

/sigh/

e6oISxl.png

Dammit.

I'm not sure adding MORE was the solution.

On the other hand, I've had this wishlisted since it first showed up in the "upcoming" section of of the store, so... this might be the solution.

Looks totally delightful! Thanks @destroyah87 [insert obligatory monster comment here]! <3<3<3

You see, eventually the backlog will reach critical mass, and staring at the endless list will put you into a state of gaming nirvana. Then you'll tear through the games at a record pace, and have full memory of every wonderful experience,.....there is the unwanted side effect of recalling terrible games like Gender Bender and Bad Rats, but the good will far outweigh the bad.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    BAD RATS FOR PRESIDENT!

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best On MarsRegistered User regular
    Alright folks, gonna start up this here first time through VtM: B's Ocean House stream in about ten minutes. Channel is here.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    I see we got the Vita cover for Sayonara Longname.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular

/sigh/
    Or that moment where you realize you have a billion new games but decide to just go play an old one instead.

That always makes me feel gross.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular

/sigh/

http://thewheelhaus.com/usergames.php#/

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Woo! New Steam "cheevo" get! 11 years of good times, here's to eleven more!

3FdVOPU.png

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    Corpekata wrote: »
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/329440

Weird ass port news in October from Sega (Typing of the Dead 2013, Valkyria Chronicles 2014) trend continues with Sonic Lost World, the modestly received Wii U / 3ds title (not Sonic Boom).

Huh. I don't usually pay attention to Sonic games, but this at least looks interesting.

For me, the only Sonic game I think I can still properly enjoy is Sonic CD. I still need to play through Sonic Generations, though. The level or two I did play seemed promising.

Granted I was a Nintendo kid and my only time with Sonic was on the Gamecube collection later in life, but I found Generations pretty fun. First and only Sonic game I've ever beaten. Had some glitchiness, but nothing too terrible.

I'm pretty excited about this one. It's not going to be as good as Generations, but we also only get like one 3D mascot platformers per year on PC.

• Options
    HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best On MarsRegistered User regular
    Alright so like four or five deaths (stupid pretty purple smoke) and an hour later the Ocean House is done. Definitely the coolest thing I've done in game so far. Thanks to all who showed, I had fun and hope you guys did too. I should maybe try and do these more often.

Also, extra thanks to @CorriganX who sent this along timed pretty perfectly to one of my deaths.

CorriganMoonSilver_zpsxhnsonug.jpg

Yup, I can handle the scary and the hotels like a champ. Dealing with @Berylline being on gift ban though, now that's gonna be tough. :P

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    If you are into supporting Early Access stuff take a look at Epsilon. Especially if you were into the classic Rainbow Six games or the last two SWAT games. This game is looking to fill that gap and what they are showing in their debut is impressive. What you get is three weapons, and a single map that can be played in two modes and three difficulties. You get Story Mode and Elimination. You command an AI squad of three dudes.

You start in a surveillance mode, which is a blueprint of the building. You can mark waypoints and get a feel for the layout. Sound familiar? Already you can go one step further and access surveillance cameras. Use these to spot badguys and identify sticky areas. Marked badguys show up on the blueprint map readout once marked. You can also set various zones for observation by your units sniper who will then kill enemies on command. Tango down! The first scenario is the classic hostage rescue scenario and the location is your own headquarters. The command system is a bit clunky and the AI is pretty basic but I was surprised at how functional the system already is. You'll be stacking, breaching and clearing in no time.

There's lots to be done but for a 7.99 entry fee I get the feeling I'm going to get plenty of value out of this. That said this is one of those long haul, year or longer early access projects. There's lots to do.

• Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    So, Child of Light is one of the midweek madness deals, and it's well worth $3.74. If you're even remotely interested, that price is a steal. This was definitely one of my favorite games from last year. I've talked about the game before (and so have others), so most of you probably already know that it's a gorgeous little rpg with quality characters, beautiful music, and poetry (that some love and some hate). If you're looking at the DLC, The Golem's Plight is a good option, adding a useful character relatively early in the game. The rest of the DLC can probably be passed over, although there are a few costume change options in there, if that's your kind of thing. The game also has local co-op, with the second player able to control the little light sidekick, which is great for kids or those that don't play many games. So, go and buy it! Or, if you have it, go and play it!

If you've already played and enjoyed the game, you might be interested to know that they released a free digital picture book set in that world a little while ago. It's pretty cute! <3

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    I... what the... holy hell! @HallowedFaith just dropped a megaton bomb on me! This is insane! There are so many better targets, just look over there! Isn't it @Big Classy's birthday in like 12 days?! Or @Shade's birthday? I have to sit down, thank you so much!

yOn7rxZ.png

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Talked about Undertale a bit, but here's the big gist:

Undertale is a game clearly inspired by the Earthbound (or Mother) series. The guy behind it apparently actually was a former very active modder in the Earthbound community even. Anyways, the basic jist of it is, a long time ago, monsters and humans fought a war that ended up sealing off the monster world (mostly) from the human one. You are a human that has fallen into the world inhabited by the monsters, which is bad news for you as the monsters are trying to break the seal and they need human souls to do it. So the basic plot is simple, you need to escape, and the monsters want to stop you.

Along the way you'll meet a colorful cast of characters including a cool dude skeleton, a fish lady that will suplex boulders just because she can, and many annoying dogs. Now, being inspired by older RPGs can often mean a cumbersome or basic battle system, and this is one thing Undertale sidesteps. The battle system is really, largely defensive in nature. You do have a basic Fight function, but the meat of the battles are in a sort of shoot em up style. You control your heart, and dodge bullets and various attacks when enemies are on the offensive. To win battles, you can attack directly and kill the enemies, or you can try to figure out how to get out of the battle without killing them. Kill them and you earn experience and gold, spare them and you earn just gold. You can spare them by talking to them. So it means finding the right balance between being killing and sparing. Well, you can go 100 percent either way too, but they present their own unique challenges and stories. Kill or spare mainly, and the NPCs will react. I'm only halfway through my second playthrough and there's already been a bunch of different dialogues. Even my title screen has changed, from the somber neutral run I did first, to my current pacifist run, which has an upbeat version of the theme song playing.

Outside of battles, gameplay is mostly solving some fairly light Zelda style puzzles, and talking to characters. There's weapon and armor gear slots, and consumable items to find, and a handful of secrets to discover. One of the highlights for me is the music. Example here. It's a really well done blend of nostalgia with a unique identity. I've actually considered buying the soundtrack, something I've never really had an interest in for most games.

That game does a really good job of balancing humor with an actual heart and drama. They actually manage to make knock knock jokes kind of heart breaking. And it does some really interesting experiments with the medium too, though to explain much further would be too spoilery. There are some great twists on the battle system in some of the boss fights, turning the basic dodge the bullets mechanics into various gimmicks like a basic platformer and whatnot.

Anyways, here's a gif that I think is a good example of the game:

d9iMB36.gif

Blown away by how much I love this game, it was nowhere near on my radar when it released.

Corpekata on
  • Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    Just finished a Tuesday Night gaming session of Windward with some friends. It's a pretty cool online multiplayer sailing game in the vein of Sid Meier's Pirates! It's a lot of fun to sail around, blow shit up, and do quests for villages. Not sure how much it is, because my buddy bought a four-pack for us, but it's worth the money.

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    HyphyKezzy wrote: »
    Alright folks, gonna start up this here first time through VtM: B's Ocean House stream in about ten minutes. Channel is here.

I had to check out before the end on the...third? run. Don't think I've ever seen so much death in the Ocean House. :o It was fun!

There's some things I didn't notice until subsequent runs:
    Like the ghost of the woman standing on the second floor, right wing, opposite you when you come back from the left wing—she vanishes once you round the staircase.

I think the thing in the bedroom with the doors creaking open invitingly was the kid's drawing on the floor.

My favorite is first floor, left wing, dead end. The woman whispers "he's right behind you," and if you turn around quickly, the axe murderer is creeping up on you. You can also see him through some pipes stalking around in the boiler room before you turn the power back on.

Thanks for streaming it! (seriously fuck vases)

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Isn't that Undertale GIF kind of spoilery? I mean if a seemingly nice character turns evil like that it seems like a pretty big deal.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Madican wrote: »
    Isn't that Undertale GIF kind of spoilery? I mean if a seemingly nice character turns evil like that it seems like a pretty big deal.

It's from the tutorial of the game, and you find that out either way. If you get hit by them it's a different reaction but equally murderous.

Corpekata on
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    That happens within the first dialog in the game.

(PS, go play undertale. At least the demo. Which is that section on the game)

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Hey, Steam thread. Castle in the Darkness is fucking difficult.

tumblr_lrxczvJ5B81r04gz0o1_400.gif

...that's all I have to report.

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    HyphyKezzy wrote: »

Sorry I missed it, accursed night work.
    Berylline wrote: »
    Thank you so much to CorriganX for the attempted gift of Moon Sliver! <3 I'm sorry to say that I have to decline though. I decided a few days ago that I'm not currently going to be accepting gifts, for reasons. I was going to wait and start at the new year, but decided I'd rather start now. I had put a little note on my profile, but I didn't want to make a big deal out of it, and maybe it wasn't very noticeable. Anyway, I do sincerely appreciate the thought - thanks for thinking of me! <3

I'm thinking of doing that myself partly due to Ark growing my backlog a whole bunch and I am going back to school in the spring so my funds will take a nosedive. Easier to reduce spending when I'm not trying to gift people back. Still the Winter Gale should be a nice last hurrah and then I'll make my decision.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »

It's from the tutorial of the game, and you find that out either way. If you get hit by them it's a different reaction but equally murderous.

Okay. Since when is the location of the spoiler considered relevant? It is not okay to post spoilers without a spoiler tag. It is never okay to post spoilers without a spoiler tag. You say I would find out anyway, but here's the thing, I would have had that surprise when I played the game. Instead, I found out secondhand without having any context to the whole thing, meaning I will see it coming when I do play the game and it will not have any impact on me because it's no longer a surprise. Instead of a "Whoa shit what just happened?" moment it will be a "Oh, so that's what that was about" moment.

Tag your spoilers. Always. Does not matter what point in the game it's located, you're still robbing people of having that experience for themselves by not hiding it.

• Options
    ReverseCreationsReverseCreations Registered User regular
    o5c9vg3otx36.jpg

"11:27 PM - Reverse-Creations: yessss season 2 flash Yessss
    11:31 PM - Antoshka: hmmm
    11:32 PM - Antoshka: will you have time?
    11:48 PM - Reverse-Creations: time for what? antosh...
    "
    @Antoshka you monster. Thanks for Ark time to ride the white ti...I mean white dinosaur?

1C54320038BDF735D2D088D168D6275F7F2FBE3C
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Reposting one more time, only a couple entries so far. Hit me up by tomorrow morning with those stories if you want in!

Stolls von Stollington's Totally Not Impromptu Wasteland 2 Mini-Giveaway
    Wasteland 2! What is it?

Look here or here.

Nobody said I'd have to click stuff! Just tell me what it is!

Notable Kickstarter success story, revival of influential yet somewhat obscure IP, set in post-apocalyptic-

You lost me at 'Kickstarter'.

Party-based TRPG with open-ended puzzle solving. That do it for you?

I hear it was kinda clunky and not good.

I have my own thoughts on the matter, but suffice to say I still found it enjoyable - and they're smoothing out the rough edges for a re-release, Dragonfall-style. If you like games where "interrupt the scripted sequence by shooting your would-be ambusher from outside the trigger range" is a thing you can do, you may yet enjoy this.

So why would I want this version then?

You get the new one free if you have it.

Oh. That's kinda cool.

Innit, though?

So how do I get in on this?

While Wasteland 2 isn't ruled by the RNG, a confluence of circumstances and luck or the lack thereof can lead to all manner of chaotic happenings: defeat pulled from the jaws of victory, come-from-behind wins when all seemed lost, wacky shit that the Minority Report kids couldn't see coming, and so on, and so forth.

So, hit me with your best shot. Tell me the craziest goddamn thing that ever happened to you playing vidya. Perfect MMO raid foiled by a hardboiled orc with nothing to lose? Roguelike skullfucking turned into salvation from our lord RNJesus? That time you hit a guy so hard the game scripting broke, threw up its hands, and just quietly moved you to the next scene anyway? Lay it on me and we'll see if yours winds up on top of the pile.

Entries will be accepted until the morning of October 8, with the winner announced as soon as judging is completed. The judging process is a closely guarded secret that is most definitely not an anonymous, random selection of people from the Steam thread. While I can't guarantee that delivery will be there in time for the October 13 launch of the GOTY verison, the Steam key will be sent ahead of time, and the package itself will be in the mail ASAP; package includes the game disk, manual, and a cloth map.

Shouldn't you have done this earlier?

I am a lazy asshole who's busy trying to find a job.

Anything else I need to know?

Fair warning: I actually forgot this was a separate key from the other KS backer rewards; I originally thought it was sent to me by mistake. inXile support assured me it's a legit copy and part of the backer tier, and the key was not part of any earlier giveaways. Any issues with key redemption, be it for the original version or for the GOTY upgrade, will be reimbursed by me directly.

I already have the game, but those physical goodies sound nice. Can I still enter?

Go for it! The key's easily transferable; the manual with my own physical copy had a separate key from the backer rewards, and the inXile FAQ explicitly says you can just give it to whoever. Should the winner already have the game, some other lucky forumer may receive the key in their place. Again, final responsibility for delivery and/or reimbursement will fall to me.

Do you really wanna hurt me?

Do you really wanna make me cry?

Are we needlessly drawing this conclusion out because you don't know how to end things?

Mmmmmmaybe.

TL;DR - Send me a gaming story of something extremely unexpected, for good or ill; any game, any genre. 24 hours to go, have at it folks!

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    What can put Steam in a sandbox if it's not firewall or antivirus?

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »

What? There isn't like, a generic Windows sandbox or anything, I don't think. Can you be more specific? Is something moving/deleting the steam.exe binary?

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    PLA wrote: »
    Maybe Sandboxie?

HiT BiT on
  • Options
    EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular
    Oh hey my forum account is 3 years old today.

Also @Halfazedninja was wondering where I had gone and smoked me out with a gift because that's how he do

tuJXNS4.jpg

The answer, HAN you classhole, is that my PC is ded. It ain't the memory or the hard drives since I've screwed around with those and I still get boot BSOD (bad_pool_header) so it's maybe the PSU? I don't really know any more. I'm still kind of waiting for the crushing sadness to hit me for not having done any proper vidya for a month at this point as it's the longest I've gone without playing on my rig.

6YAcQE8.png
    Steam profile - Twitch - YouTube
    Switch: SM-6352-8553-6516
This discussion has been closed.