A minimal [chat]

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    yo 21st

VULCAN Heavy Industries
    FUTURA Ballistics Management

and this image which I stumbled upon in some folder somewhere. SVAROG Corporation ideas.

kKEp5Bt.jpg

what is with the multiple gas ports on that bottom one?

its awesome?

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Biggest spider I ever dealt with was in Texas. It was probably about the size of my palm.

I got a really thick hardcover book, took a few steps towards it, and just dropped it on the fucker.

Then I waited an entire day before picking it up just to be sure.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    My favorite WWII story is still that dude who ripped a mounted machine gun off of whatever it was fixed to and carried it into the fight.

He didn't know it, but he pretty much invented the first person shooter genre.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    i kind of want to design a firearm

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    it may be the beer talking but

my sharona is underrated for its songcraft

it's not just a fun pop song, it's actually really well written
    noooo
    it is the garbo

Chanus no, its the beer. There are better.

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    Biggest spider I ever dealt with was in Texas. It was probably about the size of my palm.

I got a really thick hardcover book, took a few steps towards it, and just dropped it on the fucker.

I have killed spiders this way before.

I recommend chemistry textbooks. They are laden with bullshit and even spiders cannot survive.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    kedinik wrote: »
    How much you been drinking Chanus.

i'd say a bit

You just moved somewhere, yeah?

Where to?

not personally

we just mostly finished our warehouse move at work

meaning no more 60 hour weeks for me

Come hang with me

be bros

let's do this. when is good that's not tomorrow or the 22nd

omg finally

We do run into the issue that with electro on Saturdays I tend to feel super shitty, both physically and appearance wise

Unless you are driving ALL THE WAY HERE, maybe a Friday would work best?

Friday would have to be a night thing since I work the old 9-5 so I wouldn't be up there til like 8:00 or so. weekends are best because I don't have to work them now

but we can figure this out

Yeah I wanna get something on the books, I just have electro the next three weeks followed by HALLOWEEN and unless you're ok sitting at a cafe or whatever with someone in full blown skull makeup, probably not the best weekend

as much as I would be totally happy to do that on a random Wednesday in April I'll be at a Halloween party on actual Halloween weekend

maybe a weekend in November will work?

Damn

I was kind of hoping you'd go for it >.>

Yeah November works for me. First weekend?

so it shall be written

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

Me too but fuck getting any certs required to actually produce one.

Mostly because of the type of people I'd have to come into contact with.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

noooo
    it is the garbo

I look askance at you now

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    How much you been drinking Chanus.

i'd say a bit

You just moved somewhere, yeah?

Where to?

not personally

we just mostly finished our warehouse move at work

meaning no more 60 hour weeks for me

Come hang with me

be bros

let's do this. when is good that's not tomorrow or the 22nd

omg finally

We do run into the issue that with electro on Saturdays I tend to feel super shitty, both physically and appearance wise

Unless you are driving ALL THE WAY HERE, maybe a Friday would work best?

Friday would have to be a night thing since I work the old 9-5 so I wouldn't be up there til like 8:00 or so. weekends are best because I don't have to work them now

but we can figure this out

Yeah I wanna get something on the books, I just have electro the next three weeks followed by HALLOWEEN and unless you're ok sitting at a cafe or whatever with someone in full blown skull makeup, probably not the best weekend

as much as I would be totally happy to do that on a random Wednesday in April I'll be at a Halloween party on actual Halloween weekend

maybe a weekend in November will work?

Damn

I was kind of hoping you'd go for it >.>

Yeah November works for me. First weekend?

so it shall be written

It is done. The pact is sealed.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    http://pimpmygun.doctornoob.com/app.php

• Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    but still, all the money to develop AAA games isn't just because the resolutions are high and there's great ambient occlusion. The games themselves are big.

If there was some easy way to make the big bucks without having to spend all the money and employ half an army, they'd all be doing it already.

Not necessarily. Businesses do all sorts of dumb, short sighted shit for various reasons besides logic that makes sense in the real world.

Businesses, sure, but not an entire industry. If there was One Small Trick to making vasts sums of money off of games without much investment, besides stumbling onto the next big thing, also known as blind fucking luck, somebody would have found it.

But anyway: which game is the most popular isn't very important. How much money it makes, is.

This isn't necessarily true. Entire industries can be horribly, wickedly wrong, like doctors about hand washing until some time after they destroyed the guy who said they could save lives by washing their hands inbetween handling corpses and live patients.

Also, video games has inumerable examples of extremely high profit lower tech games. See: Every Nintendo title, Minecraft, the billion dollar franchise that has captured an entire generation, and that's before going into any number of other titles.

Also, popularity and profitability are reasonably closely linked. If I had a dollar for every time people said "Well, DOTA 2 is a loss leader cause Steam," I'd have 1% of the amount of money that Valve's capture Djinn ejaculates out of its spirit cock every minute.

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    why kill spiders, though

isn't that basically just giving mosquitos a free pass

• Options

Texas is basically the US's Australia

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    I could use a real nice butt in my life

have tried having your own real nice butt

today was actually leg day

lots o squats

so yes

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Alazull wrote: »

noooo
    it is the garbo

I'm not saying there aren't better

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    I have a folder for each of them, not... huge amounts of stuff in all of them.

Susano-O has just this image:

samurai-swords-masahiro-oda-practical-katana.jpg

Clearly that company needs to sell a gun named Kusunagi no Tsurugi

A clarification: In Gunrunners, you build guns procedurally from parts, much like how it's done in Borderlands.

So there isn't gonna be unique named guns...

(But we can totes have Kusanagi as a part name)

Please have all the parts be pretentious imagery and if a gun is made of 3 parts have every one be a haiku when you put the 3 parts together

Orphane on
  • Options
    why kill spiders, though

I don't get a lot of mosquitos inside my house, and when I do I take it upon myself to kill them.

Spiders which enter my domain must die. Outside spiders can do whatever the feck they want.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
  • Options
    why kill spiders, though

I have several arachnid roommates for this reason

Biological warfare motherfuckers

• Options
    I actually have a spider about the size of my thumb that lives outside to the left of my front door

eat all the moths and mosquitos you want spider

just stay the fuck outside

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    swords are often pretty gorgeous
    yo 21st

VULCAN Heavy Industries
    FUTURA Ballistics Management

and this image which I stumbled upon in some folder somewhere. SVAROG Corporation ideas.

kKEp5Bt.jpg

what is with the multiple gas ports on that bottom one?

me coming up with as many ideas as I can before rejected harebrained or ugly ones

if I was gonna use what I'm gonna call the three lined look I'd retool the bottom thing to be something. Rail supporting the handguard or something.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    ok i'm done the second hyperion book and it was only about a third as good as the first, so i'm probably not gonna read the next one.

what should i read next

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Organichu wrote: »
    ok i'm done the second hyperion book and it was only about a third as good as the first, so i'm probably not gonna read the next one.

what should i read next

How about a Discworld book.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    I did abandon the concept of making every permutation be remotely likely to work, just because, well, that would restrict designs severely

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    http://pimpmygun.doctornoob.com/app.php

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?????

omg @cB557

<3<3<3

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    and because the plan was for more fanciful guns for the others as well
    EDIT: Ignore the logo on these, 21st pointed out how abstergo like it is and I made a stylized F logo that I like much more too I just haven't applied it to this

zbuEtgBh.png

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    I miss my window spider
    he was super neat to watch

• Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    edited October 2015

noooo
    it is the garbo

I'm not saying there aren't better

https://youtu.be/BR2JtsVumFA

It's good, but holy shit did dem nips distract.

Okay actually listening to it, it is pretty underrated.

Alazull on
  • Options

what should i read next

the professor and the madman by simon winchester

it's not sci if it's just an amazing story

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    My favorite WWII story is still that dude who ripped a mounted machine gun off of whatever it was fixed to and carried it into the fight.

I think you're talking about Audie Murphy. He ordered his men to retreat back into a woods and fought a delaying action, engaging with his carbine and calling for artillery. Then he mounted a burning tank destroyer and used it's machine gun to engage the Germans. He got shot, kept killing Germans. Ran out of ammo and retreated back to the woods. Where he rallied his unit and launched a counter-attack. He got the Medal of Honor and for it. He was the most decorated solider in US history.

He's also kind of a big deal because he had PTSD. And him speaking out was influential for making the DoD recognize it because he was one of the few people the Army couldn't call him a coward.

• Options
    I told autocorrect that I meant sci fi and not sci if like eight times and I guess it just overruled me

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »

I think you're talking about Audie Murphy. He ordered his men to retreat back into a woods and fought a delaying action, engaging with his carbine and calling for artillery. Then he mounted a burning tank destroyer and used it's machine gun to engage the Germans. He got shot, kept killing Germans. Ran out of ammo and retreated back to the woods. Where he rallied his unit and launched a counter-attack. He got the Medal of Honor and for it. He was the most decorated solider in US history.

Just like that time I flanked an entire squad of Mormons in the paintball field.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options

He's also kind of a big deal because he had PTSD. And him speaking out was influential for making the DoD recognize it because he was one of the few people the Army couldn't call him a coward.

Didn't he also join like waaaaay under-aged as well?

And starred in a bunch of movies about WWII?

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular

what should i read next

The next two books in the Hyperion cantos are garbage. They are just crazy shit about love as quantum magic and Jesus as a time traveling compassion entity. Awful.

You should read the Culture series, starting with Use of Weapons.

• Options

Just like that time I flanked an entire squad of Mormons in the paintball field.

Did you throw a bottle of soda into their midst first?

• Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular

I don't think he was underaged, just tiny as fuck.

He did star in a movie about himself, which they toned down, because they felt the reality would seem too ridiculous.

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    why kill spiders, though

I have several arachnid roommates for this reason

Biological warfare motherfuckers

my family's apartment in Brisbane has these big palm-sized moths

we used to have mosquitos in the drains

the moths moved in

no more mosquitos

circle of life

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    culture, discworld

hmm

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

He was a year underage when he joined. And he had an acting career, including one film based on his life story. The famous story is he told the director to tone down some elements because he didn't think people would believe it.

This discussion has been closed.