NO DEAL

Only games that actually exist.

:snap:

star citizen ships are actually in there

they're just tiny

There are numerous larger ships!

ok fine there are concepts for numerous larger ships :P

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    MrMister wrote: »
    First physical therapist appt today, and from what I can tell the saga of my knee went something like this: I had a bad case of runner's knee, and because I was stressed out and busy I didn't really take care of it, which lead to the swelling and everything persisting for a long time (a month or two during which it was still throbby and hot to the touch, etc). When it eventually finally went down on its own, the different muscles involved were alternatingly tight and/or weak from all the time I had spent, while it was swollen, favoring the other leg, keeping it immobilized, etc. etc. So even after the swelling went down, it was pretty uncomfortable using it. I interpreted that discomfort as "if it hurts, you're keeping it from healing, better make sure to use it even less." But that was precisely the wrong lesson: the discomfort from tightness and weakness called for using it more, not less. But the less comfortable it got the more I thought I needed to lay off it. So there was a downward spiral of self-splinting, where the thing I was trying to do to help (not use it) just kept making it worse, which kept making me try to help more, and so on.

The bad news is that during this whole period of decline I managed to lose 2" of circumference around my leg just above the right knee--that's how bad the muscle atrophied (when the therapist measured it I was like, huh, but now that she pointed it out to me it's really clear just looking at it how the skinny and thick legs look side by side). The good news is that the problem seems to be all muscular and the joint is totally fine, so all super correctable just with regular exercises and more aggressive use. And even just after this day of really using it, without being afraid that every pang indicates some horrible thing that's getting worse, it already has a much better range of motion and feels much more comfortable.

I am always happy when people find out how to fix their physical ailments. i know from your posts how much it affected you mentally not being able to exercise and o can empathize like, 100%. So TAKE THIS AWESOME TO HEART

I MEAN IT

jake is now living the LA lifestyle; eating like a hog, moving minimally and taking the freeway everywhere. it's about time he's fitted for a hoveround

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    First physical therapist appt today, and from what I can tell the saga of my knee went something like this: I had a bad case of runner's knee, and because I was stressed out and busy I didn't really take care of it, which lead to the swelling and everything persisting for a long time (a month or two during which it was still throbby and hot to the touch, etc). When it eventually finally went down on its own, the different muscles involved were alternatingly tight and/or weak from all the time I had spent, while it was swollen, favoring the other leg, keeping it immobilized, etc. etc. So even after the swelling went down, it was pretty uncomfortable using it. I interpreted that discomfort as "if it hurts, you're keeping it from healing, better make sure to use it even less." But that was precisely the wrong lesson: the discomfort from tightness and weakness called for using it more, not less. But the less comfortable it got the more I thought I needed to lay off it. So there was a downward spiral of self-splinting, where the thing I was trying to do to help (not use it) just kept making it worse, which kept making me try to help more, and so on.

The bad news is that during this whole period of decline I managed to lose 2" of circumference around my leg just above the right knee--that's how bad the muscle atrophied (when the therapist measured it I was like, huh, but now that she pointed it out to me it's really clear just looking at it how the skinny and thick legs look side by side). The good news is that the problem seems to be all muscular and the joint is totally fine, so all super correctable just with regular exercises and more aggressive use. And even just after this day of really using it, without being afraid that every pang indicates some horrible thing that's getting worse, it already has a much better range of motion and feels much more comfortable.

I am always happy when people find out how to fix their physical ailments. i know from your posts how much it affected you mentally not being able to exercise and o can empathize like, 100%. So TAKE THIS AWESOME TO HEART

I MEAN IT

jake is now living the LA lifestyle; eating like a hog, moving minimally and taking the freeway everywhere. it's about time he's fitted for a hoveround

my iPhone told me i walked 9000 steps today

3000 were to go pick up a 6 pack though

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »

I MEAN IT

my iPhone told me i walked 9000 steps today

3000 were to go pick up a 6 pack though

150 calories burned, 900 calories added.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Hi

• Options
    edited October 2015
    I think today was my legitimately bad day at work.

Edit: FIRST legitimately bad day I meant.

Neco on
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Neco wrote: »

:bro:

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    Went to some punk concert downtown Seattle

Analysis : concerts are way more fun when you can smoke and drink

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

Sorry to hear that.

• Options
    Neco you should on your next day off go to the dispensery and get some girl scout cookie and have a relaxing day you know

Arch,
  • Options
    Working in Cap hill can be so dam crazy im sure

Arch,
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
  • Options
    Working in Cap hill can be so dam crazy im sure

Surprisingly it is often not too crazy in my store.I don't work on Broadway fortunately, but tonight was just a mess.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    oh, we talking grocery store weirdness?

tonight a kid (13, 14 years old?) came into our store. he asked to use the phone. super polite.

turns out he ran away (like, earlier today- looked like he just got off school) and he called hsi family to come pick him up because he changed his mind

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    @Element Brian do you have madden?

do you want to play madden against someone who will beat you?

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    hm

this jalapeno honey chicken turned out okay, I guess

probably should've used thighs instead of boobs

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Tonight there was a very large man walking around the store pushing a shopping cart while almost-but not quite-shouting at himself before finally approaching me with single bag of doritos. He handed it to me and informed that he would not be purchasing it because the tea he wanted was out of stock. Then he said he wanted the toodlylicious flavor and not the other flavors. Then he asked the security guard for some duct tape.

Neco on
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Tonight there was a very large man walking around the store pushing a shopping cart while almost-but not quite-shouting at himself before finally approaching me with single bag of doritos. He handed it to me and informed that he would not be purchasing it because the tea he wanted was out of stock. Then he said he wanted the toodlylicious flavor and not the other flavors. Then he asked the security guard for some duct tape.

Neco I thought you were Canadian.

That sounds like something from an American grocery store.

• Options
    Neco that's amazing grade A story what the hell

Jake my roommate has it, so I'll play, but he'll actually be playing and beating you

Arch,
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I would post cryingeagle.gif but chubert would get irate again

• Options
    Trace wrote: »

Neco I thought you were Canadian.

That sounds like something from an American grocery store.

Neco is cool and lives in a cool part of seattle.

I should go on the hill more often and find someone to spring me out of the whole relationship mess

Arch,
  • Options
    whoever has me as their Secret Santa is going to be receiving this, the world's ugliest tie

5oGAfBzl.jpg

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I'd wear that

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    I am hanging out in Edinburgh after leaving the house at 4.30am in order to get my 7am flight. Of course, it's raining :-(

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    BobCesca wrote: »
    I am hanging out in Edinburgh after leaving the house at 4.30am in order to get my 7am flight. Of course, it's raining :-(

I assume it's always raining there

one day myths of a lost country called England will be whispered about by school children

like a somber, grimy Atlantis

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    Zampanov wrote: »

one day myths of a lost country called England will be whispered about by school children

Scotland...

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular

Hopefully Scotland will not be called England one day.

• Options

Scotland...

Potato, potato

• Options
    simonwolf wrote: »

Scotland...

Potato, potato

It's potato, tomato!

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

Scotland...

Potato, potato

That's Ireland

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular

Scotland...

oh right

so while it still rains there, it pours down your mountains and drowns the English

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    rain is currently preventing me from getting out of bed

• Options

Scotland...

Potato, potato

That's Ireland

Listen, they all have the same queen, they're all the same country

• Options
    815165 wrote: »
    rain is currently preventing me from getting out of bed

Leaky roof?

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular

Scotland...

Potato, potato

That's Ireland

cryingeagle.gif

• Options
    Gim wrote: »

Scotland...

Potato, potato

That's Ireland

cryingeagle.gif

You'll come crawling back one of these days

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Preliminary analysis complete. It is too early.

• Options

not if you never went to sleep

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular

not if you never went to sleep

Does not compute. Data corrupted. Initiating purge of all humans.

This discussion has been closed.