As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fallout 4. Explore the Commonwealth Wasteland with Roachie!

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    Fuck. I just discovered the concrete foundation block.

Goddammit.

Is the concrete foundation block something you need to buy/find as a magazine?

• Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    Gauss Gun only cost me around 500 caps I think, which I offset with selling.

I'm finally doing more than just scraping by, I was struggling for caps all the way up to level 28 or so, and finally I'm flush

• Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    Fuck. I just discovered the concrete foundation block.

Goddammit.

Is the concrete foundation block something you need to buy/find as a magazine?

No.

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    i'm still kinda strapped for caps but all i ever really want to buy is fusion cores

i have way too much ammo stockpiled doing a melee run anyways

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    So sell your ammo. I was abruptly flush when I realized that I no longer had any use for .38 rounds.

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    actually yeah why aren't i doing that

whatever type my sniper/other rifle use i have over 1000 of and both of those guns do not seem very effective

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Oh yeah! I am up to level 40 I think, finishing out the main quest
    I Totally Fucking Destroyed the Predewyn which felt pretty great and also looked super awesome

But on my way over there I discovered and approached the USS Constitution for the first time so I thought I'd head up and say hello

and EVERYONE WAS SHOOTING AT ME. Every named sailer robot was firing at me. WHAT DID I DO???

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I'm up to level 52

I have a Problem (tm)

• Options
    Also I found a Plasma Combat Rifle

I called it Plasma Donor

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Sure would be nice if the UI didn't turn to absolute dogshit upon entering power armor

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Sure would be nice if the UI didn't turn to absolute dogshit upon entering power armor

Orange filters are wrong.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular

Considering the UI sucks to begin with it's quite a feat of interface design.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I started a new character despite being in the mid thirties. Want to mess with low int idiot savant and hand to hand weapons.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I just discovered there is a male hair cut that would allow for a pretty good Crane from Sleepy Hollow

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    When can I find a gauss gun? Aside from buying one from Ronnie for $$$$

The railroad will just give you a couple for some missions.
    ph blake wrote: »
    I think you get it through the weathervane missions from Tom? I can't remember how many it took though.

Awesome
    Thanks
    I need to YouTube a few of these, I cannot figure out how to reach them

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I've noticed that I'm using power armour a hell of a lot more, now that I have my X-01.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Man the scrapper perk is NUTS, goddamn

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    I Totally Fucking Destroyed the Predewyn which felt pretty great and also looked super awesome

But on my way over there I discovered and approached the USS Constitution for the first time so I thought I'd head up and say hello

and EVERYONE WAS SHOOTING AT ME. Every named sailer robot was firing at me. WHAT DID I DO???
    Down below is a Gutsy, you want to talk to it and if you do it right, it will find you as an American citizen eligible for military service - roll with it. Pretty much my fav quest in the game.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I just discovered there is a male hair cut that would allow for a pretty good Crane from Sleepy Hollow

oh man that works really well with the "man out of time" angle

• Options
    Nosf wrote: »
    #pipe wrote: »

Down below is a Gutsy, you want to talk to it and if you do it right, it will find you as an American citizen eligible for military service - roll with it. Pretty much my fav quest in the game.

It gave me no option to talk to anything. I got within 50 yards and they all started shooting at me.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    i just realized the junk gun you get at the start of the game

is probably the worst weapon in the entire game considering your profession is officially 'power armored junk farmer'

• Options
    ArmorocArmoroc Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    So the fallout series (except for 4) is on sale on steam currently. I wonder how well the first two would run on windows 10. God it would be fun to revisit those.

At just a couple bucks.... Its super tempting. I fired up my disc of of New Vegas recently on my PS3... did the game look that bad?? I guess my biggest gripe wasn't that, but how lacking the New Vegas location was. Or was that the intent?

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »

is probably the worst weapon in the entire game considering your profession is officially 'power armored junk farmer'

It's the same reason why companions snarking about your junk pick-up doesn't work in this game. In previous games, sure, but those oil cans are making life-saving turrets so excuuuse me.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

eh, i loaded mine up with various horrible meat products and called it the White Castle

not like I was gonna use the cooking station for much

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy-DQcI7byY

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Related to junk farming, just overheard some raiders talking after they killed someone

"This guys got nothing on him, like ten caps and a... desk fan? Who carries around a desk fan?!"

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I somehow never manage to overhear enemies conversing

I don't know if it's related to playing on Survival

• Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    I'm up to level 52

I have a Problem (tm)

You do.

The Problem is you're not 59, like me.

101 hours played, according to Steam. Main quest done, I'm just filling out the map now, trying to get the last 9 or 10 bobble heads. Then I can continue my melee run !

Send help.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I've decided I'm only going to do the main quest and sidequests for factions my characters would care about.

The gameplay is fine, but gets really tedious for me after a couple dozen hours.

And the huge load times definitely make me wary to have to travel all over the map

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    I've noticed that I'm using power armour a hell of a lot more, now that I have my X-01.

My power armor is my "No, fuck you" option

Camp of raiders giving me trouble? Not anymore, because fuck you

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Got a legendary sniper that does explosive shots, kitted it out, fiery exploding heads all the time.

Named it Big Bang.

• Options
    Yo. This pool cue I turned into a spear is super effective.

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Can the junkjet shoot chems at people?

If so ive got a chracter concept

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Can the junkjet shoot chems at people?

If so ive got a chracter concept

I'm p sure it only loads things from the "Junk" submenu

but you can use the syringer...

• Options
    yeah it only loads stuff in the junk submenu, so you can fire all those cans of cram

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    damn I was hoping it wasn't like that

first you could shoot swords at people

second there goes my puritanical idea of running around yelling "GUESS DRUGS DID KILL YA" while shooting things of jet at people

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    yeah it only loads stuff in the junk submenu, so you can fire all those cans of cram

Wouldn't cram be under aid though?

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I was super happy when I realized you can find magazines that give you more haircuts

• Options
    Whippy wrote: »

Wouldn't cram be under aid though?

oh yeah, duh

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Someone needs to mod Cram as ammo now because I'd totally be down with headshotting raiders with delicious canned meat products.

This discussion has been closed.