As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fallout 4. Explore the Commonwealth Wasteland with Roachie!

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I need someone to mod the USS Constitution to become editable in the workshop so I can turn it into a cool highrise apartment with robot butlers.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Why would the survivor ever keep the vault 111 suit? I mean, it is iconic, and its very flattering, but there are no good memories with that thing.

Everything else is just so damn dirty, and supposedly they're extremely comfortable.

• Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    Why would the survivor ever keep the vault 111 suit? I mean, it is iconic, and its very flattering, but there are no good memories with that thing.

Everything else is just so damn dirty, and supposedly they're extremely comfortable.

I had teh same thought though :surprised:

All the other games featured a born and bred vault dweller or someone who just doesn't really have any baggage with them (The Courier)

But vault 111 was a terrible experience overall

• Options
    I just found this out and tested it (on PC), but there's a way to trick the game into increasing the settlement "size" limit.

If you have weapons you want to scrap, drop them on the ground and scrap them in the workshop menu. If you keep an eye on the size bar you can see it dropping.
    You can also do it without scraping it by storing it in the workshop.

It seems to trick the computer into thinking it has removed a built item from the settlement, and it only seems to work for weapons, not junk or armor.

I'm really interested in seeing if it works on console because it could be a good workaround until the mods become available for PS4 and XBox, so anyone on console willing to test it?

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    I need someone to mod the USS Constitution to become editable in the workshop so I can turn it into a cool highrise apartment with robot butlers.

i just got to these guys

i wish ironsides was a companion

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Karrde1842Karrde1842 Registered User regular
    I too just met Ironsides. Delightful.

• Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    Here's my mod wish/request: the ability to make armor pieces invisible so I can get their various bonuses but still roam around in a sick bomber jacket without any clipping

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Yeah I don't like the armor pieces look but it's hard to deny the benefits of having unique effects on legendary pieces in each slot

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    I think some armor pieces look great, with certain underclothes

This Barney Rook guy is a hoot, but no thanks, sir, do it yourself, goodbye

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    USS Constitution spoilers
    after going to collect my hat after the ship "launch" (of which i could only stare and facepalm at), a brotherhood vertibird won't stop circling the ship

probably laughing at me for being a part of that

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    after going to collect my hat after the ship "launch" (of which i could only stare and facepalm at), a brotherhood vertibird won't stop circling the ship

Oh shit you can go back and get the hat? I've gotta get on that

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Railroad/weapon spoiler i guess sort of
    CUt5nR4UEAAvm1-.jpg

OH MY GOSH THE 9MM FROM NEW VEGAS MADE IT OVER IN A SPECIAL WEAPON FORM I'M SO HAPPY

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    JayKaos wrote: »

Oh shit you can go back and get the hat? I've gotta get on that
    yeah it's accessable again via a series of elevators from the ground floor of the building they hit, you also get to keep the captains quarters as your own room

it was probably my favorite quest for dumb it was

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular

player.placeatme c1aeb
    c1aeb is the item code for a workshop. No recruiting, but it lets you build pretty much everywhere

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    So the fallout series (except for 4) is on sale on steam currently. I wonder how well the first two would run on windows 10. God it would be fun to revisit those.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Apparently someone is modding Fallout 1 into New Vegas' engine.

Which seems unnecessary? Like, cool and ambitious but not really needed.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    If that's what they want to do I see no problem with it

Platy on
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Man, these load times are really killing me

And I've been having this weird weapon swap lag recently. Sometimes when I try to switch, my currently equipped weapon will vanish (it will still look like I'm holding it, but it won't be there), and it'll take 5-20 seconds for the weapon I want to come out. During this time things will be shooting/stabbing me.

It is...less than ideal.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    You know what's a dumb spoiler format?

<small spoiler goes here>
    <big spoiler goes here>

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Man Jamica Plains is disappointing as fuck. Its a settlement area, and its a big town. Slightly bigger then Sanctuary. When you go clear it out you have to kill everything in town basically. Then when you activate the bench you get...like 3 houses, 1 is boarded up and unaccessable and 1 is rubble. And a courtyard area.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    My new character turned out pretty well
    07B9AB952EB2D7EE3D55CAE439DDC7117DBBC750

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    You know what's a dumb spoiler format?

<small spoiler goes here>
    <big spoiler goes here>

Sorry was this in relation to my post on the last page? I edited, it's just a bit difficult to talk about specific stuff because of how big the game is, I should've used mission names I think that's the best way to do it but I'd forgotten them

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Fuck. I just discovered the concrete foundation block.

Goddammit.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    CUt5nR4UEAAvm1-.jpg

OH MY GOSH THE 9MM FROM NEW VEGAS MADE IT OVER IN A SPECIAL WEAPON FORM I'M SO HAPPY

Minor Railroad spoilers
    I assumed that they were keeping with the James Bond aesthetic and that's supposed to be his Walther PPK

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    the deliverer + high AGI + maxed out bonus AP from gear + maccready's perk = like 30 lethal headshot crits

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »

The physics behind that shot seem... questionable.
    Awesome, though.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Being lost in the Institute was too frustrating so I started a new mega-murder character, disappointed that you can't kill literally everyone you see, that Preston do-gooder could use a little gettin shot

• Options
    I've chosen my perks so poorly

• Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Being lost in the Institute was too frustrating so I started a new mega-murder character, disappointed that you can't kill literally everyone you see, that Preston do-gooder could use a little gettin shot

That's one of the things I really miss from New Vegas. You could literally kill everyone you meet the moment you meet them and the game would recognize that as a valid path.

• Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »

That's one of the things I really miss from New Vegas. You could literally kill everyone you meet the moment you meet them and the game would recognize that as a valid path.

Except kids. And Victor. And Yes Man. Probably a few other exceptions too.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    You can't kill kids but you can kill Victor and Yes Man. You can kill Yes Man as many times as you like, in fact!

• Options
    When can I find a gauss gun? Aside from buying one from Ronnie for $$$$

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular

The railroad will just give you a couple for some missions.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    How many more missions? I've done quite a few

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I think you get it through the weathervane missions from Tom? I can't remember how many it took though.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    So I shouldn't have bought it immediately after the first one, then.

JayKaos on
    Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    CUt5nR4UEAAvm1-.jpg

Same Spoilers below
    The 9mm from New Vegas is a Colt 1911 style.
    266.jpg

The real life version
    1911_446933m.jpg

While the Deliverer is based on a Walther PPK
    hqdefault.jpg

Real life:
    ppk_silenced_2.jpg

This is famously James Bond's pistol of choice and the in game sound effect of the Deliverer is incredibly similar to the sound effect of the PPK in Goldeneye for the N64.

Fallout:
    https://youtu.be/p7rISOLlqKI?t=1m22s

Goldeneye
    https://youtu.be/XkxTb3UZuEo?t=1m46s

I'm firmly convinced this is a nod to everyone's favorite classic multiplayer FPS.

• Options

At higher levels unique ones drop from legendaries.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    The 9mm from New Vegas is actually a Browning Hi-Power. Down to the writing on the side.
    Browning_High-Power_9mm_IMG_1526.jpg

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

This discussion has been closed.