As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MechWarrior Online] HEAD TO THE LZ FOR EXTRACTION TO NEW THREAD!

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    I might just log in to drop in with him if I can; just need to get this CW pain out of my system. If I wanted to drop for slaughters I would drop with the Iron Oosiks or fellow Oosiks.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    Had some good matches that put a significant dent in my CW challenges.

If nothing else I want that advanced seismic

I want this too, but with the FRR being as bad as it is I seriously doubt I'll ever even hit the damage one at this rate. Three drops today and the only one I did well in was with @nonoffensive as our drop commander. The other two were slaughters, one was against the Dracs (which was a complete stomp with few of them not even having to drop in their second mechs). Second attack was against the clans and we sucked so bad that they even came out to stomp us after the second drop. To be fair though half of the drop was a bunch of chickens and stood near the gate.

On a good note, I finally managed to basic my Wolfhounds.

Edit: While dropping against the Dracs they said that the 228 were dropping ghost drops as clanners to screw with the system again.

I had to go against a -MS- premade twice today. It was fucking awful , on the plus side I'm so close to finishing the challenges that I will just grind it out. All I have left is match score and money anyway.

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Had some good matches that put a significant dent in my CW challenges.

If nothing else I want that advanced seismic

I want this too, but with the FRR being as bad as it is I seriously doubt I'll ever even hit the damage one at this rate. Three drops today and the only one I did well in was with @nonoffensive as our drop commander. The other two were slaughters, one was against the Dracs (which was a complete stomp with few of them not even having to drop in their second mechs). Second attack was against the clans and we sucked so bad that they even came out to stomp us after the second drop. To be fair though half of the drop was a bunch of chickens and stood near the gate.

On a good note, I finally managed to basic my Wolfhounds.

Edit: While dropping against the Dracs they said that the 228 were dropping ghost drops as clanners to screw with the system again.

I had to go against a -MS- premade twice today. It was fucking awful , on the plus side I'm so close to finishing the challenges that I will just grind it out. All I have left is match score and money anyway.

if you encounter a premade of MS, you change planets.

You wont beat them, because you arguably have a life and don't spend 60 hours a week drilling like pretend armymans

• Options
    nonoffensivenonoffensive Registered User regular
    I started leveling Blackjacks today for a possible 75/75/45/45 deck in case PGI lowers weight back to 240. I think the 3 with 6 Medium Pulse, a std 235 and 2 jj is hella fun. The 1X is all speedy srsbsn and stuff, but no jj and slow ass MLs make me sad.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Tonight, I remembered why Hellbringers were my first Clan heavies to be fully Elited out:
    exqttz6w7921.jpg

Loadout: Hellbrought. I even managed to make it out alive with 28% of my mech still functioning!

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    I'm not sure what it is, it may just be because the FRR HUB has become very well known, but there are a lot of bad pilots on there now.

They are nice enough, but they just cant shoot / pilot into cover very well. It leaves them doing sub 1k damage every match, which is a lot of pilots to carry.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    I'm not sure what it is, it may just be because the FRR HUB has become very well known, but there are a lot of bad pilots on there now.

They are nice enough, but they just cant shoot / pilot into cover very well. It leaves them doing sub 1k damage every match, which is a lot of pilots to carry.

I'm sure an CW personal challenge with paint colors, a stupid expensive module, and free cbills has nothing to do with the massive (and temporary) influx of CW players.

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular

I'm sure an CW personal challenge with paint colors, a stupid expensive module, and free cbills has nothing to do with the massive (and temporary) influx of CW players.

It definitely seems like this. Playing on the Clan side last night, I ran into a number of FRR teams. One walked all over us. A couple gave my skittles teams a good fight, but clearly had skill issues. And a small few looked like marmosets were piloting those 'Mechs.

I was surprised at the number of non-Unit-tagged players I saw in the matches last night.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Nips wrote: »

It definitely seems like this. Playing on the Clan side last night, I ran into a number of FRR teams. One walked all over us. A couple gave my skittles teams a good fight, but clearly had skill issues. And a small few looked like marmosets were piloting those 'Mechs.

I was surprised at the number of non-Unit-tagged players I saw in the matches last night.

Yeah I got a few drops in an organized groups and even we had some bambies that needed hand holding. I don't mean that derisively, just they were new to CW and its a whole world different from pugqueue

edit
    OH MY GOD IS CWPUGS ARE SO BAD.

WHY ARE YOU SO BAD.

Literally, our drop commander on this pug said one thing the entire match "Move (grid coord)" and nothing else was said over coms or text the entire rest of the match.

needless to say, we got trounced by a clan skittle.

Buttcleft on
  • Options

Really love the marmoset reference, it made me laugh over here after yesterday's fiasco. I swear the pilots are more like sloths since they don't want to listen and hug random outcroppings. If this is how the FRR is with a good event I'm dreading Tukayyid if these same pilots come out then.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited November 2015

Really love the marmoset reference, it made me laugh over here after yesterday's fiasco. I swear the pilots are more like sloths since they don't want to listen and hug random outcroppings. If this is how the FRR is with a good event I'm dreading Tukayyid if these same pilots come out then.

A new Tukayyid event will bring out every last one of the tryhards though, so I'd expect there'd be more than one competent drop commander on the FRR channels. And that can go a long way toward shepherding the marmosets. ;)

I'd half take a stab at doing it myself, but I'm not confident in A) the particular tactics on each map, or B) that my mic pickup in-game is working correctly. I should remap the default PTT key (Caps Lock, really?) to something else and see if that works better.

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Good point, that is probably very true.

I honestly should have paid more attention to the better drop commanders myself and learn the maps.

Some of the maps are terrible in charging in one gate, yet most of the bad commanders go that route. But is that route really bad or just the pilots making it bad? Like on Sulfurus Rift, the two bad matches we had we entered into the right side of the gate. I always hated that side since there are long firing lines for the clanners to sit near the drop point, funnels us IS through a small grinder where they always pop UAVs and rain of LRMs. Oddly the left side is where I have managed to have two good matches since it seems that there is an easier way in and less funneling. Also is there a reason that IS only takes down one gate these days? I figured it was because the clanners would often run out the other gates and flank us. Yet with the JJ clanners these days it seems that happens anyways.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Tried to dropcommand a IS puggroup.

was ignored from the very first word, then people start crying about how whats going wrong and I told them in less than civil words you and the other fuckdumps who don't listen are whats going wrong. Laughed at me and told me to cry some more.

Thus the last shred of faith I had in pugcw was lost.

edit
    that particular fuckdump? died trying to play peeksies with the clan, after I told him he wouldn't win.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    The cannons are not aligned , I don't see how you would hit anything at a distance with all your guns stuck at different angles . Then again videogames

• Options
    edited November 2015
    The cannons are not aligned , I don't see how you would hit anything at a distance with all your guns stuck at different angles . Then again videogames

The same way a king crab can fire its arm barrels into my locust between its arms, yet can shoot over a rock in the same place.

Magic.

Edit: Bad writing.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    DartboyDartboy Registered User regular
    I just watched that marauder size video.

Hahaha the Catapult is huge.

How can PGI keep making these videos without thinking, "Wait, something's off."?

• Options
    I need one more CW match for the advanced seismic, but I don't know if I can deal with another pug group

• Options
    Well, I just made more kills and more damage than any other mech on my team in a Blackjack with no basics unlocked :/ Yay pub queue~

• Options
    edited November 2015
    I have 1880MC

I was hoping to get a hero mech, or a couple champion.

suggestions?

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    I have 1880MC

suggestions?

YLW or a champion timber wolf imo.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Konphujun wrote: »
    I have 1880MC

suggestions?

You realize the timberwolf is like..well over double the MC I said I have.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    3lwap03lwap0 Registered User regular
    The BEST Nova Build

NVA-S 14xC-ERSL 1xTC1

Citation required.

• Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    I have 1880MC

suggestions?

Figured it was on sale. Maybe the Top Dog?

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    I have 1880MC

suggestions?

Figured it was on sale. Maybe the Top Dog?

it is, that's why its only 3800ish mc

top dog is also out of my price range.

Then again my grasshopper 5H (or 5N, I get them confused) does its job well enough.

• Options
    Yeah, I dunno guys. I'm really having trouble making the Blackjack work. I'm not sure if PGI has really given it enough love on the PTS /s
    78ex8fiwg3jd.jpg
    sgfuyglrf4dx.jpg

I was a little worried I couldn't solo the Treb there at the end, but things worked out ok.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    6GrA5DG.jpg
    8B89Q44.jpg

I swear I'm not good at this game...

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    Riiight, you're not good.

As for suggestions, you could go with a Pirate's Bane and champion Firestarter.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    champions have always seemed sort of pointless to me; it's not like you really need that much mech exp in the long run. GXP gets increased marginally I suppose, but eh

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    champions have always seemed sort of pointless to me; it's not like you really need that much mech exp in the long run. GXP gets increased marginally I suppose, but eh

100% avoiding funtax and getting valuable engines.

nothing about XP.

edit
    I think I'm gonna get the Arrow.

Opinions, @nonoffensive ?

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    So had two great matches with a great DC and one of my best CW ever.
    CWBest.png
    CWBest2.png
    CWBest3.png

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    oh man you are dropping with Rabtar.

That guys one of the top 3 drop commanders in the FRR if you ask me.

• Options
    oh man you are dropping with Rabtar.

That guys one of the top 3 drop commanders in the FRR if you ask me.

Yeah I love this guy, he really takes charge and has fun doing it. Plus oddly he remembered me so I guess I don't suck that bad in CW.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited November 2015

nothing about XP.

edit

I dunno how I feel about the Arrow. I've heard 3 LPL is the best build on it, which would require an XL 235. My favorite thing about the BJs is the high hardpoints tho, so you wouldn't be using them at all.

It doesn't get any ballistic quirks on the PTS, just lots of energy quirks. 20% range is a pretty good bonus. Maybe a three LL, 6 MG build would be fun? I dunno.

nonoffensive on
  • Options

nothing about XP.

edit

I

nothing about XP.

edit

I dunno how I feel about the Arrow. I've heard 3 LPL is the best build on it, which would require an XL 235. My favorite thing about the BJs is the high hardpoints tho, so you wouldn't be using them at all.

It doesn't get any ballistic quirks on the PTS, just lots of energy quirks. 20% range is a pretty good bonus. Maybe a three LL, 6 MG build would be fun? I dunno.

I'm seeing more than a few BJ's with trips Large. That plus 6 MG as a cleanup tool doesn't seem too farfetched to me.

In other news, there's nothing so deafening as the silence when you ask "Is anyone commanding the drop?" in a skittles Clan team lobby.

At least I'm almost done on the Clan side. Just need a little over 100k C-bills, and a willingness to skip the CW cockpit item reward, and it's over to the FRR hub for me!

• Options
    3lwap03lwap0 Registered User regular
    I wish I understood what the hell you guys were talking about with this clan wars faction stuff. I've only ever done the PUG or team play. Is there anyway I can get a primer on that stuff, or would someone have a link to share with a nub like moi?

• Options
    edited November 2015
    3lwap0 wrote: »
    I wish I understood what the hell you guys were talking about with this clan wars faction stuff. I've only ever done the PUG or team play. Is there anyway I can get a primer on that stuff, or would someone have a link to share with a nub like moi?

*Quietly points to the 2nd Post of the thread*

That said, I need to update it a bit more. Things are rapidly* evolving!

*rapidly, in PGI-time units, not actual time units.

Nips on
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    I've now completed all the challenges except for the win an Invasion match.

Every time I see an Arctic Cheetah in CW, it just pisses me off even more. High hardpoints like a raven, ECM like a raven, Jump jets, lots of energy hardpoints (up to 6) and tons of tanky quirks (huge leg bonuses, and some torso ones too even though its already using a Clan XL).

Then there is the fact that every clanner is running laser vomit with a side of Gauss, which means that IS is getting its Gauss nerfed next patch (even though it weighs 3 tons more). And the TDR & STK are both getting nerfed again for no good fucking reason.

Ugh, I don't want to be this salty.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    wait, what?

They are actually nerfing gauss?

What more can they do to ruin it outside of that stupid charge mechanic?

• Options
    wait, what?

They are actually nerfing gauss?

What more can they do to ruin it outside of that stupid charge mechanic?

You didn't see? they are increasing its cooldown from 4.5s to 5.5s

steam_sig.png