As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Emergency Steam Thread

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    I could believe the Nazis of the Wolfenstein universe had a spare Hitler lying around.

German efficiency, man. They're sticklers for factoring in redundancy.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7beE0NgnmU

apparently the "announce trailer" for Deserts of Kharak

can anyone make out what the masked guy is saying at the end?

Okay, I've turned around on this. Apparently the only thing you need to win me over is land carriers.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    I'm pretty torn. I don't like making exceptions to rules like "don't pre-order"

but $15 for a brand new game is significant savings, and I guess I just have to figure out if $35 for the Remastered Collection is worth it.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

But it's XCOM 2.

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

But it's XCOM 2.

and I'll be buying it in 1.5 years when all the major bugs are fixed and the makes everything better expansion is out. Firaxis and I have an ... understanding.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    The preorder dude you get will be inconsequential

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

But it's XCOM 2.

and I'll be buying it in 1.5 years when all the major bugs are fixed and the makes everything better expansion is out. Firaxis and I have an ... understanding.

At-launch Steam Workshop support will grant you access to all the things you want in the game in short order.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Also, X-com 1 was completely brilliant at launch and the expansion didn't by any means make everything better. It was good, but it was just a decent expansion.

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    The preorder dude you get will be dead

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Rtcw, wolf 2009, and TNO are in fact a canonical trilogy

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Also, X-com 1 was completely brilliant at launch and the expansion didn't by any means make everything better. It was good, but it was just a decent expansion.

Yeah, Enemy Within didn't fill gaps in the base game so much as add a few nice extras to an already solid package. I'm far more comfortable picking up a sequel at launch than I would be, say ordering Rising Tide (which looks interesting but sounds like it still has another xpack to go, Civ 5 style).

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Tube wrote: »
    I haven't experienced that myself, even on my tablet. Horizons? That adds to the spec.

It's just the initial Elite Dangerous release.

I've looked it up, and it looks like some people say it's playing on the server, some of the starter zones are so choked with players that it gets real chuggy when you're zooming past all of them.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a good solution!

Moriveth on
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I don't even recall xcom 1 being very buggy at launch, but this might be wrong.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

There were some lost save game issues that were pretty bad. Fortunately never ran into them myself.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

There were some lost save game issues that were pretty bad. Fortunately never ran into them myself.

Also a few issues with cursor weirdness in some of the multilevel spaceships, and some weird problem with not being able remove people from Psi training when using a mouse I think?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    So I'm trying to play the Sword Coast Legends free weekend, but I have a problem where my camera is constantly panning or scrolling up in menus. I heard this could be a problem with controllers left plugged in, so I unplugged those and reset the computer, but it's still happening.

Help!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Xcom was decently buggy on launch, most of the bugs weren't a problem if you did auto save every turn and used a controller instead of mouse.

Also they're sticking to PC for 2 and focusing their resources. A while back they pushed back the release date like 6 months or more, so I would hope it would be a more stable launch.

EW was also the superior game, with the expansion only adding some neat things if the base game had grown stale for you.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    I kinda want to reinstall XCOM and play it (haven't even touched the expansion content yet), but every time I do, I start it and am like "oh, it's going to be such a draaaag" before I get past the tutorial/first mission

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty sure you can skip the tutorial?

I feel like I always have, on subsequent playthroughs

• Options
    edited December 2015

Also a few issues with cursor weirdness in some of the multilevel spaceships, and some weird problem with not being able remove people from Psi training when using a mouse I think?

to be fair, a lot of what were claimed as bugs might have just been people unfamiliar with the rules. I know I encountered a legit teleport bug towards the end of the campaign. Had to save-scum (not easy on classic ironman, but doable)

Most of my issues with the game are not actually things that were touched on by the expansion. But the expansion added some quality of life improvements ("the grenade is hitting <these> guys!"), and the second wave stuff (which I adore - I'm strange in that, while terrible at the game, I insist on ratcheting the difficulty almost as far as it'll go), which elevated the game.

I like a lot of the core game, but a chunk of it bothers me. I'll need to demo the sequel through a friend and see if my personal issues are addressed.

Tamin on
  • Options
    Straightzi wrote: »

you can, but (moreso in the base game) the first mission still feels a bit like a tutorial. All the little 'Aliens? On my Earth?!" VOs add up to it being ... well,

It's like jumping into the pool - you know that first splash is going to be super cold, but you'll enjoy swimming.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    There's still the 'Rocket doesn't misfire but it explodes somewhere you're not expecting' bug.

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular

It's not really the tutorial itself, it's the prospect of all the harrowing experiences to come.
    Which...might not actually be that bad with the expansion content? I dunno

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    So, Dragon's Dogma on PC, does anyone know if it's just a port that will run better because it's a PC or is it an uprez or anything? There is a good chance i will end up buying it either way, but i want to know what i'm getting myself into.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I think it's a straight port? Haven't heard anything about any graphics upgrades.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Capcom's ports have usually been pretty solid, so I'd expect good things.

• Options
    discrider wrote: »
    There's still the 'Rocket doesn't misfire but it explodes somewhere you're not expecting' bug.

and a car won't always kill the people around it.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015

you can, but (moreso in the base game) the first mission still feels a bit like a tutorial. All the little 'Aliens? On my Earth?!" VOs add up to it being ... well,

It's like jumping into the pool - you know that first splash is going to be super cold, but you'll enjoy swimming.

You can turn those off as well, I believe, or at least tone them down

Straightzi on
  • Options
    The only major XCOM bug I ever run into is when a grappling hook teleports me to somewhere on the otherside of the map

Oftentimes I am underground, and the only way to escape is to grapple out

Also, oftentimes this alerts roughly five thousand enemies to my presence

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I've had like half a dozen games of XCOM get totally ruined by bugs, to the point where I stopped playing it because I kept waiting on patches.

They fixed some, but not all of the bugs that really caused me issues, I don't think they ever really figured out a way to stop aliens from teleporting into the middle of your squad.

• Options
    edited December 2015

You can turn those off as well, I believe, or at least tone them down

one of the QoL things the expansion added. It's why I said "moreso in the base game"

Tamin on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Whelp, I had recently added OOTP 2016 to my wishlist... guess this takes care of that then. :)

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    OOTP16 is a great baseball management simulator, it's like Football Manager but about a good sport

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Vertiginous Golf is actually really insane and kinda fun, if a weird ass story for a golf game.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    So, Dragon's Dogma on PC, does anyone know if it's just a port that will run better because it's a PC or is it an uprez or anything? There is a good chance i will end up buying it either way, but i want to know what i'm getting myself into.

From Capcom's blog:
    It’s a wonderful thing to see the dark-fantasy world of Dragon’s Dogma finally realized in 4K and running at silky-smooth 60 FPS. As a matter of fact, the framerate is uncapped, so if your rig surpasses the recommended specs below, just set the framerate to “Variable”, sit back and enjoy all the action.

I dunno about 4K, but most of the comparison stuff coming out seems at least somewhat nicer. A solid framerate alone would be worthy the price of admission for me.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Once a framerate is past 40 I have no fucking clue what the difference is supposed to be. Honestly, probably after 30 if it's stable

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I can definitely tell the difference between 30 and 60

It's just that I really don't care for 99% of the games I play.

It has to get below 24 before it actually bothers me.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    epkKF44.png

"The Geebs That Knows Everything About Animorphs" , tell the people why they should buy OOTPB16

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

I can't tell you anything about OOTPB16, but OlliOlli, Max Gentlemen, and SportsFriends are all great games.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Vertiginous Golf is actually really insane and kinda fun, if a weird ass story for a golf game.

will it give neogeo Turfmasters a run for its money?

icGJy2C.png
This discussion has been closed.