As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Snape kills [Chat]eldore

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Drez wrote: »
    So yeah, any recommendations on the best brand 980 GTX? I'm thinking either Gigabyte or EVGA.

Or should I just get a Titan?

Get a Titan, so I could live through you. I'm gonna wait a few months for the 1070/80.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    @spool32 I don't get off work for an hour. Roads plz.

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    I think I'll be fine, I'm not going anywhere, I'll just get deliv--

spool you son of a bitch

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    Chat I'm going to have to leave like a 10% tip at a restaurant I feel terrible.

I already ordered but it's cash only due to register issues and I can barely cover it even with the loose change from my car.

:(

Sucks man, but totally not your fault.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    I think I'll be fine, I'm not going anywhere, I'll just get deliv--

spool you son of a bitch

That is what drone delivery is for.

And only plebs don't have a gyrocopter.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    Spool I'm like 40 miles from home I was gonna use those roads later.

You put them back right now.

no I can't.

somebody might use them to argue about the limits of individual freedom and I just can't take it anymore.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

I already ordered but it's cash only due to register issues and I can barely cover it even with the loose change from my car.

I left a zero tip but my date left a 40% tip

There was a reason for this that has escaped me

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Let me guess

People used the analogy of cars and how we regulate the hell out of them so why not guns.

And you didn't have a real answer for that so you want to change the argument.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    dan

dan no

why dan

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »

Grad student issues?

An appetizer was out on your bill that you split?

Iunno. Bill arguing is exhausting for me and I avoid it

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    So yeah, any recommendations on the best brand 980 GTX? I'm thinking either Gigabyte or EVGA.

Get a Titan, so I could live through you. I'm gonna wait a few months for the 1070/80.

I haven't done much research, but googling suggests the 1080s won't be out until late 2016/early 2017.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    We don't let you take your car into a crowded movie house

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular

Your date wanted to impress you.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    Let me guess

People used the analogy of cars and how we regulate the hell out of them so why not guns.

the real answer is: privs and rights are not equivalent, and nothing that flows from the one can be used to discuss the other.

Which is a thing I've said a couple dozen times, along with many other folks, and this response from you was very uncharitable. :(

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

Grad student issues?

Nah I think it was her getting a drink

I dunno I did not argue

bleh I am gonna text asking for a second date tomorrow but I am not super hopeful

• Options

You wouldn't download a gun

so why would you download a car?

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Anybody want to provide live audio commentary for me playing my zombie game later, since Ppups is sick and Chu is a doodyhead?

vRyue2p.png
  • Options

You wouldn't download a gun

so why would you download a car?

schematics want to be free, maaaaan.

• Options

She impressed me by living on a boat, she did not need to do much more

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular

Did you go on a date with a pirate

y/y?

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    spool32 wrote: »
    Let me guess

the real answer is: privs and rights are not equivalent, and nothing that flows from the one can be used to discuss the other.

Which is a thing I've said a couple dozen times, along with many other folks, and this response from you was very uncharitable. :(

Freedom of movement is a constitutional right. There are quite a few restrictions on that constitutional right.

Couscous on
  • Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    Let me guess

Yeah, but ya see...

the idea of it being a "right" to own a device with no purpose other than to end a life is fucking assinine

"Government, you OWE me the ability to kill somebody/thing else, dammit"

I don't give a fuck if it's in the constitution at this point

When that shit was drafted It was your "right" to treat non-whites and women as property

Gun= weapon, for killing and nothing else

Car= gets you to work, food, school, healthcare, distant family; not designed with the sole purpose of ending life

• Options

Grad student issues?

I dunno I did not argue

bleh I am gonna text asking for a second date tomorrow but I am not super hopeful

she saved you from the confusion of figuring how who gets the check since you're both ladies.

I assume most lesbian couples just run out of the place together since there's no dude to pay for the date.

• Options

Did you go on a date with a pirate

y/y?

LISTEN THIS DOESN'T MATTER ALSO DOES IT MATTER IF SHE PAID IN GOLD

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

Asus Strix seems to be the one to get for the 900 series typically

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    It's a general rule that when the car analogy hits a thread, it's gone beyond the point of no return.

These are also the threads that are most delicious to me. :D

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Let me guess

Ok maybe I was a little flippant.

But

We have plenty of exceptions to constitutional rights and there is no such thing as an absolute right.

• Options

Grad student issues?

I dunno I did not argue

she saved you from the confusion of figuring how who gets the check since you're both ladies.

I assume most lesbian couples just run out of the place together since there's no dude to pay for the date.

Oh we split it

She just got the entire tip

And it was because we split her drink which was a big portion of the bill, while I did not have a drink

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    so i tested my computer

1d8ycrxqhndo.jpg

so i guess i could get oculus if i wanted tho despite dk's soothing i don't think i could 'get' very much from it with one working eye

but then i scrolled down some and saw this

gz6u28scqouf.jpg

i have 1600mhz ram

is this an error or have i somehow downclocked my ram's speed

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Let me guess

But

We have plenty of exceptions to constitutional rights and there is no such thing as an absolute right.
    The only constitutional right I'm willing to defend to the death is the one about quartering soldiers in private homes during peacetime! YOUR THIRD AMENDMENT RIGHTS ARE AT STAKE!

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    FroThulhu wrote: »
    Let me guess

Yeah, but ya see...

the idea of it being a "right" to own a device with no purpose other than to end a life is fucking assinine

It's not the right to own one though. It's the freedom from unreasonable government restriction on owning one, and that difference is subtle but extremely important.

You can't demand your gun, all you can do is demand the government not get in the way of you having one (outside of the restrictions we agree are not too onerous according to the various ways we've worked out to balance individual liberties and the public interest, just like with the other parts of the BoR)

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    I made my ex cover for me whole I went to get food.

That's what she gets for taking to me.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Can students go on food stamps/assistance?

In my state they can.

my new boss is too lazy to do the paper work to use my work study money and its costing me a full allotment of food stamps

I'm going to have to go over her head I think

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Couscous wrote: »
    Let me guess

Freedom of movement is a constitutional right. There are quite a few restrictions on that constitutional right.

Freedom of movement has nothing to do with car ownership.

The fact that you might happen to use a car to exercise that is orthogonal to the right. You have other means of transport.

I happen to think it should include car ownership, but that's just not the state of the law.

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    Let me guess

But

yes

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    so i tested my computer

1d8ycrxqhndo.jpg

so i guess i could get oculus if i wanted tho despite dk's soothing i don't think i could 'get' very much from it with one working eye

but then i scrolled down some and saw this

gz6u28scqouf.jpg

i have 1600mhz ram

is this an error or have i somehow downclocked my ram's speed

you're running it at 1333mhz (double data rate so X2), you should check your bios

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Elki wrote: »

I haven't done much research, but googling suggests the 1080s won't be out until late 2016/early 2017.

Sounds right. But I'm not getting Oculus in the mail anytime this year, so I don't need to make a new purchase right away. I mostly looking to hit 60 FPS in new games while running ridiculous AA settings.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    I wanted to play videogames tonight but so far I am too tired.

I had

I had such high hopes.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Can students go on food stamps/assistance?

In my state they can.

my new boss is too lazy to do the paper work to use my work study money and its costing me a full allotment of food stamps

I'm going to have to go over her head I think

That's a pretty easy over head, too.

You can be all "I don't even want her to get in trouble I just want the benefits you know?"

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    FroThulhu wrote: »
    Let me guess

Yeah, but ya see...

It's not the right to own one though. It's the freedom from unreasonable government restriction on owning one, and that difference is subtle but extremely important.

You can't demand your gun, all you can do is demand the government not get in the way of you having one (outside of the restrictions we agree are not too onerous according to the various ways we've worked out to balance individual liberties and the public interest, just like with the other parts of the BoR)

may i ask if you think the current bouquet of restrictions we have are roughly appropriate in terms of striking that balance

or should they be more or less onerous

This discussion has been closed.