As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Snape kills [Chat]eldore

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Chat I'm going to have to leave like a 10% tip at a restaurant I feel terrible.

I already ordered but it's cash only due to register issues and I can barely cover it even with the loose change from my car.

:(

I left a zero tip but my date left a 40% tip

There was a reason for this that has escaped me

Grad student issues?

An appetizer was out on your bill that you split?

Iunno. Bill arguing is exhausting for me and I avoid it

My guess is date order a drink or two while shiv did not since that was a point of issue previoisly and this was their way of a reasonably equitable split without pulling out the calculators

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Chu, I didn't know you installed the 980. Nice.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    FroThulhu wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    knitdan wrote: »
    Let me guess

People used the analogy of cars and how we regulate the hell out of them so why not guns.

And you didn't have a real answer for that so you want to change the argument.

the real answer is: privs and rights are not equivalent, and nothing that flows from the one can be used to discuss the other.

Which is a thing I've said a couple dozen times, along with many other folks, and this response from you was very uncharitable. :(

Yeah, but ya see...

the idea of it being a "right" to own a device with no purpose other than to end a life is fucking assinine

"Government, you OWE me the ability to kill somebody/thing else, dammit"

I don't give a fuck if it's in the constitution at this point

When that shit was drafted It was your "right" to treat non-whites and women as property

Gun= weapon, for killing and nothing else

Car= gets you to work, food, school, healthcare, distant family; not designed with the sole purpose of ending life

The government does not owe you the right to kill someone else.

The government, under the second Amendment, will not interfere with your right to kill someone else with arms.

We also have laws about murder on the books, so, you know, use this at your own peril.

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    The right to parent one's children is also considered a fundamental right in the USA. For some reason, there is a ton of legal restrictions on that right.

Couscous on
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Let me guess

People used the analogy of cars and how we regulate the hell out of them so why not guns.

the real answer is: privs and rights are not equivalent, and nothing that flows from the one can be used to discuss the other.

Which is a thing I've said a couple dozen times, along with many other folks, and this response from you was very uncharitable. :(

Yeah, but ya see...

the idea of it being a "right" to own a device with no purpose other than to end a life is fucking assinine

It's not the right to own one though. It's the freedom from unreasonable government restriction on owning one, and that difference is subtle but extremely important.

You can't demand your gun, all you can do is demand the government not get in the way of you having one (outside of the restrictions we agree are not too onerous according to the various ways we've worked out to balance individual liberties and the public interest, just like with the other parts of the BoR)

may i ask if you think the current bouquet of restrictions we have are roughly appropriate in terms of striking that balance

or should they be more or less onerous

I think there is still work to do, but we're mostly on the right track. I'm not upset with Obama's current EOs (apart from the expansion of Executive power).

The existence of Heller and McDonald are a great comfort to me on this topic.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Shivahn wrote: »

I already ordered but it's cash only due to register issues and I can barely cover it even with the loose change from my car.

I left a zero tip but my date left a 40% tip

There was a reason for this that has escaped me

Grad student issues?

An appetizer was out on your bill that you split?

Iunno. Bill arguing is exhausting for me and I avoid it

My guess is date order a drink or two while shiv did not since that was a point of issue previoisly and this was their way of a reasonably equitable split without pulling out the calculators

so smrt

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Wait, this 3dmark software costs money? fuck dat I don't care that much

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Elki wrote: »
    Chu, I didn't know you installed the 980. Nice.

yeah the day fallout unlocked, i didn't want to risk frame drops since i was looking forward to the game so much

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    my nephew bought me boss nachos from taco bell, customized on the taco bell app to add like a dozen extra ingredients

it was good but probably 4000 calories

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular

Say 100 hail marys and a decade of the rosary

• Options
    override can you say those words again but slower and dumber

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    (reasons why I think us progressives should give up on gun control law and work on labor law instead)

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    zFC1t3j.jpg

• Options
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Let me guess

Ok maybe I was a little flippant.

But

We have plenty of exceptions to constitutional rights and there is no such thing as an absolute right.
    The only constitutional right I'm willing to defend to the death is the one about quartering soldiers in private homes during peacetime! YOUR THIRD AMENDMENT RIGHTS ARE AT STAKE!

I thoroughly enjoy the effort a few years ago to punish a police department that took over a house in order to monitor an neighbor with 3rd Amendment arguments.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    i-FKPpnkr-1050x10000.jpg

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    So many Preston Garvey memes

It's the new "arrow in the knee".

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options

ma nephew ordered me them there boss nachos from the taco bell

woo wee he had them throw bacon on there, some of them fried spuds, that fancy picodegall stuff, a big ol helping of steak, that fancy foreign rooster sauce, the whole deal

I aint been this full in a coon's age

• Options
    So many Preston Garvey memes

It's the new "arrow in the knee".

I appreciate the oregon militia/preston garvey "settlement needs your help" crossover memes

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Goddamn, Gabe's art has gotten so fucking good.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    it fits in with the general male female dynamic

men are afraid women will make their lives less pleasant by being irrational, crazy, having babies and ruining your life etc

women are afraid they'll be sexually assaulted or murdered, or best case scenario, filmed naked on the sly

@Casual Eddy what are the gay versions of these, if there are ones and you know them?

men are afraid men will sneak up on them in the night and shave their lustrous chest hair to prove that they are the more manly

etc

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    -sees a word up there-

-sucks air in through teeth-

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options

woo wee he had them throw bacon on there, some of them fried spuds, that fancy picodegall stuff, a big ol helping of steak, that fancy foreign rooster sauce, the whole deal

i meant the ones about my bios you slackjawed wisconsonite piece of SHIT

actually idk why but i see a lot of packers jerseys on game day. why do so many of those people come to colorado

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Let me guess

Yeah, but ya see...

It's not the right to own one though. It's the freedom from unreasonable government restriction on owning one, and that difference is subtle but extremely important.

You can't demand your gun, all you can do is demand the government not get in the way of you having one (outside of the restrictions we agree are not too onerous according to the various ways we've worked out to balance individual liberties and the public interest, just like with the other parts of the BoR)

may i ask if you think the current bouquet of restrictions we have are roughly appropriate in terms of striking that balance

I think there is still work to do, but we're mostly on the right track. I'm not upset with Obama's current EOs (apart from the expansion of Executive power).

Heller and McDonald are solid. They explicitly leave open the option of regulation while confirming that, yes, self-defense is part of the penumbra attached to the Second Amendment (kind of like the right to privacy that lots of folks are attached to), and obviates racially-discriminatory policies regarding local and state issue of gun permits.

Personally, I know the odds aren't in my favor, so I don't carry or keep a gun at home. But someone may value the chance - however small- even if statistically speaking they're more at risk.

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options

i meant the ones about my bios you slackjawed wisconsonite piece of SHIT

actually idk why but i see a lot of packers jerseys on game day. why do so many of those people come to colorado

In your bios you should be able to find your ram frequency, 1333mhz and 1600mhz should both be presets, it looks like your ram is running at 1333mhz right now

it says 667 because its DDR, so the rate is actually twice that

• Options
    I really want buffalo wings, but I'm scared to order them from somewhere I haven't gotten them before.

So many restaurants make shitty buffalo wings and I don't get it at all. They're so easy to make delicious, why do I keep getting ones that are 60% breading, or dry with basically no sauce, or any of an infinite number of other travesties.

Drop the wings in boiling oil.

Mix Frank's Red Hot and melted butter in equal parts.

Take out the wings, put them on a paper towel to soak up the excess oil.

Put the wings in a bowl, pour the buffalo sauce over them.

You're done. That's it. Delicious fucking wings, no muss no fuss.

Well, a little bit of muss, I usually get oil all over the stove, but if you're a restaurant you should have a good fryer.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Let me guess

Yeah, but ya see...

Heller and McDonald are solid. They explicitly leave open the option of regulation while confirming that, yes, self-defense is part of the penumbra attached to the Second Amendment (kind of like the right to privacy that lots of folks are attached to), and obviates racially-discriminatory policies regarding local and state issue of gun permits.

Personally, I know the odds aren't in my favor, so I don't carry or keep a gun at home. But someone may value the chance - however small- even if statistically speaking they're more at risk.

we hit on the "statistically more at risk" thing earlier, and based on the paper we looked at, I'm not at all convinced.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Guns are like cars. You can't get a touchdown after your third strike.

• Options
    hmmm my bios does show that they're in 1333 but gives no option to change that

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    @Blameless Cleric

CONGRATS!

Your Patreon is already at $130 a month!

That's nuts...

(I will see if i can chip in too :))

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Also I have a burrito

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    Also I have a burrito

Noice

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    ah nevermind i fixed it

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    hmmm my bios does show that they're in 1333 but gives no option to change that

you probably need to find like an advanced menu -- google your mobo

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    jake you are an actually funny person how do you keep coming back to that garbage..

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    Guns are like cars because both kill a lot of people and are more fun if you are drunk, but it is only illegal to use a car when drunk

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    jake, you'll be glad to know that since @Winky started posting those youtubes of music played over 5 looping frames from an anime, you are no longer the only person in [chat] who keeps posting something I don't understand the appeal of.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    do you have to pay taxes on patreon funds

This discussion has been closed.