As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Snape kills [Chat]eldore

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    The last episode of the Stevenbomb was very sweet. omg...

I love SU so dang mucho mucho.

Oh sweet, the bomb is over?

Now I can watch them all in one swoop.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Oh man I went into my panel room to grab trash when a panel got out early.

The nerd funk is strong in there.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    What convention is this, Vowels?

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    I managed to stay after work at the board game meetup in the mall under my office. Very much worth. I learned to play (and won) Mage Knight, a cute deckbuilding and board movement game by Vlaada Chvatil. Can't remember who was just talking about it, maybe @jakobagger or @RiemannLives .
    I want to buy it, although I bet no one would play it with me and it would just live on my shelf forever like many other boardgames.

Also I show up to this meetup for the first time and:
    me: "hey how does this work"

nerd #1: "what sort of games do you like, just choose whatever and you'll find people"

me: "I own Catan, Dominion, Lords of Waterdeep...that sort of thing. Maybe I could learn Suburbia? Oh, I don't like coop games though, they aren't fun."

neckbeard: "you can't say they aren't fun."

me *sigh*: "I mean I see how people like them but they aren't my cup of tea"
    (not said: 'jesus christ man, normal people understand that "not fun" generally implies "not fun for me" especially in the context in which I said it')

neckbeard: "well, actually, you just said aren't fun as a blanket statement, so--"

me (interrupts): "I mean they are objectively are not fun and you are bad for liking them." *turns back to nerd #1* "so, what game did you want to play."

neckbeard tolerance is getting lower. Or rather, I'll put up with them but I am going to be mean to them.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    The last episode of the Stevenbomb was very sweet. omg...

I love SU so dang mucho mucho.

Oh sweet, the bomb is over?

Now I can watch them all in one swoop.

Yep, Stevenbombs are 5 episodes long.

That is my understanding.

Also, IMO, they're all EXTREMELY GOOD EPISODES!

The answer is extremely emotional
    Steven's Birthday develops Steven a lot.
    It Could Have Been Great tells us a lot about the Gems.
    Message Received is an amazing conclusion to a great arc.
    Log Date is extremely sweet.

• Options
    What convention is this, Vowels?

Orcacon! In Everett, WA.Tabletop gaming convention, It's its first year.

Http://orcacon.org

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    The main thrust of the con is just "come play games with people"

All the ballroom space is tables and open 24hr

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Is the hateful 8 good? It's got all of my favorite actors.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    Is the hateful 8 good? It's got all of my favorite actors.

I am in theaters waiting to watch it now!

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    I managed to stay after work at the board game meetup in the mall under my office. Very much worth. I learned to play (and won) Mage Knight, a cute deckbuilding and board movement game by Vlaada Chvatil. Can't remember who was just talking about it, maybe @jakobagger or @RiemannLives .
    I want to buy it, although I bet no one would play it with me and it would just live on my shelf forever like many other boardgames.

nerd #1: "what sort of games do you like, just choose whatever and you'll find people"

me: "I own Catan, Dominion, Lords of Waterdeep...that sort of thing. Maybe I could learn Suburbia? Oh, I don't like coop games though, they aren't fun."

(not said: 'jesus christ man, normal people understand that "not fun" generally implies "not fun for me" especially in the context in which I said it')

neckbeard: "well, actually, you just said aren't fun as a blanket statement, so--"

me (interrupts): "I mean they are objectively are not fun and you are bad for liking them." *turns back to nerd #1* "so, what game did you want to play."

neckbeard tolerance is getting lower. Or rather, I'll put up with them but I am going to be mean to them.

there should be a sainthood for the work you're doing.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    do any of the episodes have sadie

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    She used to be the homeboys lady

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

No, they focus heavily on
    Peridot

and as such there isn't a lot of Sadie. Sorry.

Have a consolation prize
    0ktpmxlsg7ec.png

• Options
    TTODewback wrote: »
    She used to be the homeboys lady

(oh, that bitch?)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    *tantrums*

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    I managed to stay after work at the board game meetup in the mall under my office. Very much worth. I learned to play (and won) Mage Knight, a cute deckbuilding and board movement game by Vlaada Chvatil. Can't remember who was just talking about it, maybe jakobagger or RiemannLives .

I went to a board game meetup a few times in austin

it made me sad because it was held at a pizza place and most of the attendees didn't order food or drinks and it's like

bros and broettes this business is allowing us to use this space at least get a coke or some shit

and then one time a dude was I think hitting on a lady by teaching her a game

and I was like hey can I learn this game and he was quite cold and rude and I was like I am not trying to move in on this girl I just want to play the game

so I didn't come back after that

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    What is the archetypical female creep

men are creeps, women are crazy

they are both code words for a gender to let their fellow gender know the opposite gender is undesirable

This is pretty close

I feel like there's still a distinction though

Someone might desire a crazy woman

A creepy guy, no matter how hot he is, is never going to be desirable

Creepy annihilates the rest of the guy
    counterpoint: cillian murphy

5IixkMS.jpg?1

• Options
    One of the con organizers/patrons is a state senator.

I highly recommend working with politicians on non-political projects. They're just so damn pleasant to be around. 18 CHA irl.

• Options
    should i stream a game

or hog it all to myself

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I managed to stay after work at the board game meetup in the mall under my office. Very much worth. I learned to play (and won) Mage Knight, a cute deckbuilding and board movement game by Vlaada Chvatil. Can't remember who was just talking about it, maybe jakobagger or RiemannLives .

it made me sad because it was held at a pizza place and most of the attendees didn't order food or drinks and it's like

bros and broettes this business is allowing us to use this space at least get a coke or some shit

and I was like hey can I learn this game and he was quite cold and rude and I was like I am not trying to move in on this girl I just want to play the game

it annoys me when nerds are less well adjusted than me.

Because, for fuck's sake...

FOR FUCK'S SAKE, YOU GUYS...

I'm incredibly dysfunctional and i can make an effort to pretend not to be...

Why don't you do that too instead of whining that people don't like you?

• Options
    should i stream a game

or hog it all to myself

What game?

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Skappy are you a Texan?

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    milski wrote: »
    Skappy are you a Texan?

NO!

He is Skeleton jelly.

• Options
    should i stream a game

or hog it all to myself

What game?

i'm not sure.

maybe some metal gears? maybe remember me?

it's hard to consider a game that is conducive to an interesting stream.

and i want to pick something that i can just pick up and play ya know?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Skappy are you a Texan?

I was for a little while! I lived in austin for 2.5 years

it is a v nice city, but too hot

now I live in portland

• Options
    should i stream a game

or hog it all to myself

What game?

i'm not sure.

maybe some metal gears? maybe remember me?

it's hard to consider a game that is conducive to an interesting stream.

and i want to pick something that i can just pick up and play ya know?

Remember me is a super cool-looking game.

And i liked it...

But it's probably not super interesting to watch.

• Options
    and soy was born in texas so I reckon he is allowed to secede when he turns 18

@spool32

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I just signed up for a Newegg credit line and purchased this: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 06G-P4-4998-KR 6GB CLASSIFIED GAMING w/ACX 2.0+, Whisper Silent Cooling w/ Free Installed Backplate

I had no intention of doing either of these things even 2 hours ago.

I ordered on Newegg instead of Amazon because it now comes with a free copy of Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    @Elki ^

I decided against the Titan X because it's only marginally better than the 980 Ti, and I decided against the Titan Z because it's $1700.

• Options
    whisper silent cooling?!

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

spool32

Your little anchor baby

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    loser, did you make it back to albany?

yes, i ended up getting to SFO 5 hours early, and hitched the flight before the one I was scheduled for. It got me to NYC at like 6 pm, which was enough time to get to Penn, eat, and catch a 9pm train back to albany. It was 13 hours of travel, but I made it.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    whispers aren't silent!

• Options
    whisper silent cooling?!

It comes with a little man that blows on your card from inside the case.

• Options
    Drez wrote: »
    I just signed up for a Newegg credit line and purchased this: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 06G-P4-4998-KR 6GB CLASSIFIED GAMING w/ACX 2.0+, Whisper Silent Cooling w/ Free Installed Backplate

I had no intention of doing either of these things even 2 hours ago.

I ordered on Newegg instead of Amazon because it now comes with a free copy of Rise of the Tomb Raider.

witness me?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    Chat I'm going to have to leave like a 10% tip at a restaurant I feel terrible.

I already ordered but it's cash only due to register issues and I can barely cover it even with the loose change from my car.

:(

Dude.

It's okay.

They fucked up by having register issues.

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    spool32 wrote: »

spool32

Your little anchor baby

I'll be at the wall (manned by weathered militia men)

pounding on the doors of the gates

my son's a texan

let me in

let me iiiin

and they'll just pour boiling queso on me from the ramparts

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular

I have high hopes for this meetup. It was recommended to me by a girl who I met at Gen Con at the Catan Masters' tournament but who turns out to be a Georgetown law student (I live right next to Georgetown law). It's in the mall right under my office so it is very convenient and has food options I am familiar with and like (bubble tea, good cheap sushi). It seems to have 50 (? more?) people show up, maybe 15% women. They had a huge pile of board games in the middle and I hadn't played basically any of them, so really good opportunity to learn new games. The main challenge is convincing myself not to go straight home on a friday night.

I really enjoyed the Philly boardgame meetup at UPenn during the couple months I was in Philly and would recommend it for a friendly environment (lots of young professionals, strong contingent of both v causal Resistance-type gamers and very crunchy moving-parts-board-gamers, again maybe 15% women).
    The one acquaintance I've retained for it is an asperger-y dude who I have inexplicably duo queued with in LoL and who tried to mansplain Leona to me...but he was very atypical for that group.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    The one acquaintance I've retained for it is an asperger-y dude who I have inexplicably duo queued with in LoL and who tried to mansplain Leona to me...but he was very atypical for that group.

how come you never queue with me in lol

T_T

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    drez i have basically the same card except with the stock cooler

i never really stress it (i have a 1080p monitor) but it rules

This discussion has been closed.